mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

hows this for a kick in the face? Teachers here were just handed a 1.75% RETROACTIVE pay decrease plus a 29% health insurance increase. and they have to take 2 furlough days.....

so you can imagine morale is at an all time low.... they cancelled field trips and dances.... but now it appears administrators have re instated them. all after school activities are cancelled... NJHS cancelled... what a total mess!!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
polarbear22 wrote:PB leaving alert. Barrels of Crud should be up in the next half hour.

Must be a three day woot-off.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:Must be a three day woot-off.

super crap.... I don't want to miss the bag o crap... and I have to work tomorrow.... so I hope it is not a 3 day woot off!!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
mommadeb1 wrote:hows this for a kick in the face? Teachers here were just handed a 1.75% RETROACTIVE pay decrease plus a 29% health insurance increase. and they have to take 2 furlough days.....

so you can imagine morale is at an all time low.... they cancelled field trips and dances.... but now it appears administrators have re instated them. all after school activities are cancelled... NJHS cancelled... what a total mess!!

You can do a retroactive pay cut? yeesh, sorry

CT

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:You can do a retroactive pay cut? yeesh, sorry

I think it has something to do with the fact that the teachers didn't have their contract stuff settled til now... so who knows what that means for subs? don't know....

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mommadeb1 wrote:I think it has something to do with the fact that the teachers didn't have their contract stuff settled til now... so who knows what that means for subs? don't know....

That's really awful, sorry to hear (we need to treat teachers better not worse)

I'm just hanging out, really.

mommadeb1

inkycatz wrote:That's really awful, sorry to hear (we need to treat teachers better not worse)

yup,and our county has had to do major budget cuts this year... I do find it interesting that the admin. staff has not shrunk too much...

people need to remember that teachers are teaching our future leaders....

I also think the whole education system needs to be overhauled.... but that is another discussion for another day..

tenuki

mewalk707 wrote:That's a trip I don't want to miss!

Happy birthday, tenuki! Sorry I missed you this weekend. We should do Morimoto's (or something) again soon.

Yes, yes we do. Was actually looking at Sonoma restaurant week next week but nothing's jumping out at me. If there's something you want to try ... Would look forward to Morimoto too

CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
tenuki wrote:Yes, yes we do. Was actually looking at Sonoma restaurant week next week but nothing's jumping out at me. If there's something you want to try ... Would look forward to Morimoto too

I'm in for Morimoto.

mommadeb1

dirt is up!

edit: and it's gone....

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
klezman wrote:Another possibility is that you are broadcasting on a frequency that only some of your devices actually work on. There are still many wireless devices that only operate on the 2.4 GHz band (802.11b/g/n) and not on the 5.4 GHz band (802.11a/n). Since n operates on either/both you should check your router to ensure that it's transmitting on 2.4 GHz or (if you got a super-fun router) concurrent dual-band.

It's a WRT610N, fwiw...

It wouldn't explain why I could plug a cable into my wife's work computer, and it wouldn't connect. Went back to the old router, and it works...Also, why wouldn't her phone connect? I'll dink around with it more this weekend...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:It's a WRT610N, fwiw...

It wouldn't explain why I could plug a cable into my wife's work computer, and it wouldn't connect. Went back to the old router, and it works...Also, why wouldn't her phone connect? I'll dink around with it more this weekend...

Nope, that's a concurrent dual-band router. Just make sure both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands are active and see what happens. Also doesn't explain the hardwire connection, obviously. Might be a DNS thing or DHCP thing also.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

otolith

klezman wrote:Nope, that's a concurrent dual-band router. Just make sure both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands are active and see what happens. Also doesn't explain the hardwire connection, obviously. Might be a DNS thing or DHCP thing also.

I believe there was some dns addy issues, which I have to assume is her computer. Wish I could figure out a way to have both routers running (one downstairs, the other up), as I could use the ports on one of the routers to connect our desk top computers via hardwire...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

I need to go to bed, I'm working the next 2 days... plus, tomorrow I will be going nonstop from the time I get up til about 9 tomorrow night..... I don't want to miss anything here!! how sad is that?

keep your fingers crossed... dryer repair dude is supposed to come out tomorrow....

Sparky... haven't heard an update on your dad? I hope he is getting better....

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon

Wow. Leave for about a month or so and come back to people all crazy-go-nuts about shirts.

Also, thanks again to everbody for the b-day wishes in January.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

DocOt, you haz PM.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cortot20

quality posts: 161 Private Messages cortot20

Maybe day three will bring all of the non wine items that lots of folks have been looking for.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Everyone needs to vote in the latest poll and select Labrats!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Everyone needs to vote in the latest poll and select Labrats!!

it's too early in the morning for my brain to function....where is this poll?

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
mommadeb1 wrote:it's too early in the morning for my brain to function....where is this poll?

Here. Next to the item description.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I need to go to bed, I'm working the next 2 days... plus, tomorrow I will be going nonstop from the time I get up til about 9 tomorrow night..... I don't want to miss anything here!! how sad is that?

keep your fingers crossed... dryer repair dude is supposed to come out tomorrow....

Sparky... haven't heard an update on your dad? I hope he is getting better....

Dad's doing a little better. He's not up yet, but he is talking more, and hopefully eating a little more each meal. He does still seem to sleep in the afternoons more, but last night when I went around 5:40 pm, he was more talkative.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:I believe there was some dns addy issues, which I have to assume is her computer. Wish I could figure out a way to have both routers running (one downstairs, the other up), as I could use the ports on one of the routers to connect our desk top computers via hardwire...

Yep, probably something in the way her work laptop is setup. Because if it's standard, it should just connect.

And I want to say if you run a CAT6 cable from one router's normal LAN port to the other's normal LAN port, you could use the other 3 hard-wired ports to connect 3 PC's.

tenuki

cortot20 wrote:Maybe day three will bring all of the non wine items that lots of folks have been looking for.

I had a nightmare the balsamic, and salted chocolate pecan caramels came up while I was sleeping!

edit: awesome, got some to send as housewarming to worstveg. They're delicious if anyone's wavering.

CT

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:I'm in for Morimoto.

I have a slight problem with over ordering because I want to try everything! Ask mewalk :P

CT

MarkDaSpark

I kinda want the Woozie Wine Glass Coozie - 4 Pack up on Home.Woot, but I really don't need them. Nor really want them.

But they're wine related. But I don't need them. But ... they're wine related!

Plus, they hide the wine. Not a real fan of that.

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:I had a nightmare the balsamic, and salted chocolate pecan caramels came up while I was sleeping!

edit: awesome, got some to send as housewarming to worstveg. They're delicious if anyone's wavering.

Dude! You really need to cut back on the psychoactive drugs before going to bed.

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:I kinda want the Woozie Wine Glass Coozie - 4 Pack up on Home.Woot, but I really don't need them. Nor really want them.

But they're wine related. But I don't need them. But ... they're wine related!

Plus, they hide the wine. Not a real fan of that.

I'm not quite sure I understand the point of them, unless you want to hide the amount of wine you're drinking...

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:I'm not quite sure I understand the point of them, unless you want to hide the amount of wine you're drinking...

That, and I think they are supposed to help keep the wine in your glass at around the same temp as when it was poured.

My ex would like the hiding amount part.

Edit: And oh darn! They are sold out.

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Must be a three day woot-off.

At this rate ... perhaps 4? NOOOOOOOO!

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
tenuki wrote:I have a slight problem with over ordering because I want to try everything! Ask mewalk :P

That's why I like going with you. You'll try anything... and so will I.

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:That's why I like going with you. You'll try anything... and so will I.

TMI. TMI.

Cesare

quality posts: 1696 Private Messages Cesare

Huh. Just got a call from kyle at scott harvey. He's pretty new there, said only a couple of weeks. Wanted to see if I needed any wine or whatever.. special- 15% off a case. No nothing right now but thanks.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

And I received a call from Corison 2 days ago.

tenuki

Cesare wrote:Huh. Just got a call from kyle at scott harvey. He's pretty new there, said only a couple of weeks. Wanted to see if I needed any wine or whatever.. special- 15% off a case. No nothing right now but thanks.

Weird, if I remember correctly WD jumps on that stuff pretty fast. The fact he said SH really bothers me though since I never get those kinds of calls from them. I wonder if someone's fishing for cc info from wine buyers.

CT

polarbear22

sanity wrote:And I received a call from Corison 2 days ago.

Post corrected.

I got the call from Corison, but I have bought direct, so it made sense they would call.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

polarbear22

And it is approaching commute time for me. How about lunch time for the west coast? If we both hit it, the Barrels of Crud comes up.

My Cellar

polarbear22

tenuki wrote:Weird, if I remember correctly WD jumps on that stuff pretty fast. The fact he said SH really bothers me though since I never get those kinds of calls from them. I wonder if someone's fishing for cc info from wine buyers.

I ordered direct from SH once, since woot wouldn't ship but he would. So I am now in their database. Cesare, have you ever ordered direct?

My Cellar

tenuki

polarbear22 wrote:And it is approaching commute time for me. How about lunch time for the west coast? If we both hit it, the Barrels of Crud comes up.

Oh right, I came in because I was about to give lunchtime warning, guess I'll wait until after these volleyball things.

CT

polarbear22

And I made it home w/o a Barrels of Crud Could Sparky be right? Could it be a four-day woot-off? Stay tuned...

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

I love pickles. Just not sure I'd love $20 worth of them.