rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:I opened the 2008 Paso Robles Primivito.... much better than the Lang Zin....

much smoother!!not as fruity as I would have wanted....

Which Lang Zin might that have been? I'm working on a 2002 Oriel Priorat that doesn't really fit the theme, but enjoying both just the same. I do have some port cued up for later however... It's only 20:00 so the left coast evening is just beginning.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:Which Lang Zin might that have been? I'm working on a 2002 Oriel Priorat that doesn't really fit the theme, but enjoying both just the same. I do have some port cued up for later however... It's only 20:00 so the left coast evening is just beginning.

it was the reserve zin...amador county.. to astringent for my taste..

I should have just opened the Pozin oh well here on the right coast, I should be winding down... wish I had some port on hand.....

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:it was the reserve zin...amador county.. to astringent for my taste..

I should have just opened the Pozin oh well here on the right coast, I should be winding down... wish I had some port on hand.....

The 2006 Lang Wines Zinfandel Reserve Oakmont?
No CT notes yet, you should put some there. I'll have to remember this and let it rest a bit more I guess.

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:The 2006 Lang Wines Zinfandel Reserve Oakmont?
No CT notes yet, you should put some there. I'll have to remember this and let it rest a bit more I guess.

yup thats the one.... the Primivito is really opening up... much better than when I opened it.

I really need to get on CT and figure out how to put what I have into an acct. and that way I can keep better notes....

mommadeb1

goodnight all!!

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

We had a fun tasting. The Sommelier-in-training presented a white varietal, Arneis, that was very tasty. Reminded me of a cross between viognier and SB.

The 3 reds were interesting. The first one a blend, the notes left with the sommelier, gah!
Tasty, FF&F. 12.5% alcohol.

The next wine was a blend of syrah, merlot and cab sav. The lat was 100% syrah. All 3 reds had really nice notes of leather, tobacco, spice, fruit, and oak, though all three were different in character.

We also had Artezin, an "old vine zin". How is every Zinfandel an old vine zin? Very tasty though by all accounts, except I did not taste it.

No time for the blending kit. sigh. So much wine, not enough time.

sanity

Well, we supported National Drink Wine Day in spades, lol.

I'm still coming across empty bottles.

Even though we didn't crack the wine-blending kit, we still learned a lot about tasting wine.

On another note, I blew a fork seal on my bike on my ride today. ): No ride for me tomorrow.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Well, we came, we drank, and one person slept.

We enjoyed some fabulous Scott Harvey wines tonight. At Scott & Jana Harvey's place.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Sadly nothing for me tonight. Went out to dinner at the Santa Monica pier and saw the cirque du solie (sp) show under the big top down there. Sorry I missed the drink in.

CT

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro

So sad that I forgot to check in last night. I was drinking the 2006 Vino Noceto Sangiovese Hillside and it was drinking beautifully. Plums and cherries on the nose. Smooth, soft tannins. Cherries and raspberries on the palate. It's a great food wine. I had it with baked chicken and roasted butternut squash and it paired nicely.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows

My favorite from last night was the 2010 Demarie Arneis Langhe. Definitely was a new varietal for me.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
InShadows wrote:My favorite from last night was the 2010 Demarie Arneis Langhe. Definitely was a new varietal for me.

Seghesio had an Arneis that we tried back in 2008. I recall enjoying it, but not much more.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

sanity

InShadows wrote:My favorite from last night was the 2010 Demarie Arneis Langhe. Definitely was a new varietal for me.

My interest in the Arneis was piqued enough to look for this varietal from another producer.

All the wines the guest speaker brought were proprietary wines from a shop at home service. They are not found in stores with these labels on them, so of course they can't be shopped. Plus, one of the guests collects labels, and took home these empty bottles, since they would be hard to find labels, and I didn't get all of the info off of them before hand. I can find the info on the company's website with some effort.

The wines were all extremely aromatic, and fruit forward, and the reds had pleasant notes of leather and tobacco, and all were relatively low in alcohol at under 14%. They seemed very structured, and I am curious how much and what kind of manipulation they experienced on their way into the bottle.

sanity

kkv123 wrote:Wow - sanity, I'm awed. I feel so...inadequate.

As for me, I'm fresh back from Taiwan. And vertical! Due to jet lag, my body thinks it's early in the morning. So the needs of my palate are challenging.

The wine that fits the bill is the 2011 Domaine Sorin Rose.

Fresh. Like a breath of spring. So wonderful.

hah, don't, the lasagna wasn't home-made if that's what you're referring to!