richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

Wine Sale. Cab, PS, Tytanium, all from 08, and at 50%.
Also some other PS and Zins. See my CT (i think it's open, but if you need access, ping me!) and see what you like and I might be amenable.
CA or nearby is easiest, but I can work with you if further away

rpm

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm
richardhod wrote:Wine Sale. Cab, PS, Tytanium, all from 08, and at 50%.
Also some other PS and Zins. See my CT (i think it's open, but if you need access, ping me!) and see what you like and I might be amenable.

Now, lad, why would you be selling these popular wines?

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
richardhod wrote:Wine Sale. Cab, PS, Tytanium, all from 08, and at 50%.

Never have tried the TyTanium. Might I be able to grab one?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

So you're totally giving up on the Ty craze, eh? His fans will greatly benefit!

Looks like you've got:
6x 2008 Cab Sauvignon
2x 2009 dessert wine
8x 2008 Petite Sirah
2x 2008 Racchus Reserve
4x 2008 TyTanium

Hmmm...for me, I did not like his dessert wine. I've got at least one of everything you have, but only one TyTanium. What is the price on that one? Having a second bottle around wouldn't hurt. Much.

Now if you had his 2003 Cab, I'd be in.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

I'd be interested in the TyTanium as well, and possibly the cab.

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

50% off winery prices, or 50% off woot prices?
If it's the latter, I'll take the last Tytanium, the 2 Racchus, and a cab. I'll PM you my info if you're willing to ship (I'll pay)!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:So you're totally giving up on the Ty craze, eh? His fans will greatly benefit!

Looks like you've got:
6x 2008 Cab Sauvignon
2x 2009 dessert wine
8x 2008 Petite Sirah
2x 2008 Racchus Reserve
4x 2008 TyTanium

Hmmm...for me, I did not like his dessert wine. I've got at least one of everything you have, but only one TyTanium. What is the price on that one? Having a second bottle around wouldn't hurt. Much.

Now if you had his 2003 Cab, I'd be in.

FYI, there were some issues with the 2009 PS Dessert wine. Previous years were much, much, much better.

Last year I discussed it with his Tasting Room manager, and out of the 4 or 5 bottles opened, only one was really drinkable, and only barely at that. They will replace any that aren't good.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:FYI, there were some issues with the 2009 PS Dessert wine. Previous years were much, much, much better.

Last year I discussed it with his Tasting Room manager, and out of the 4 or 5 bottles opened, only one was really drinkable, and only barely at that. They will replace any that aren't good.

George was there last time I tasted it...he didn't seem to think there was a problem with it. Although I didn't ask...just seemed very high alcohol to me, more towards the grappa end of the scale than port. Always happy to give it another try, of course

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

What's your price on the Tytanium? We might be up for 1...

richardhod

Hi guys! Need to update the ct: no dessert wine, and I'll probadly keep the cheap Racchus.
Half price off retail which was my price from the winery, and I think likewise from woot it was half retail or close enough!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

edit...on second thought, this post didn't add much...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
rpm wrote:Now, lad, why would you be selling these popular wines?

I like the wines well enough but find them all tasting similar due the high acidity they all have. My beef with Ty has been the price hike. He seems to be charging more just because of his recent popularity.

I like his wines at a heavy discount but not at regular price.

I would love to take some of these off of your hands but I have plenty for now.

CT

richardhod

folks who do want, sen me a m if you haven't already. surprised nobody yet's after the PS!

cortot20

richardhod wrote:folks who do want, sen me a m if you haven't already. surprised nobody yet's after the PS!

PM for you

CT

cmaldoon

richardhod wrote:folks who do want, sen me a m if you haven't already. surprised nobody yet's after the PS!

PM from me as well

My Cellar

time2testit

I sent you a PM a couple days ago...but no response. Did I type something bad?

richardhod

time2testit wrote:I sent you a PM a couple days ago...but no response. Did I type something bad?

Not at all! Hi all, I've just been a tad snowed. Anyway, I'm selling them at cost, not half cost (some of you cheeky buggers!). PS and Cab were $25 each from woot (rather than retail 42upwards, and presumably more now... I can probably eat the $5 woot postage), and I think Tytanium cost me $35.
I get to NorCal where most of you are around 7th March, socal a week before that. Now you all know, you can finalise what you want, and I can respond to you all!

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
richardhod wrote:Not at all! Hi all, I've just been a tad snowed. Anyway, I'm selling them at cost, not half cost (some of you cheeky buggers!). PS and Cab were $25 each from woot (rather than retail 42upwards, and presumably more now... I can probably eat the $5 woot postage), and I think Tytanium cost me $35.
I get to NorCal where most of you are around 7th March, socal a week before that. Now you all know, you can finalise what you want, and I can respond to you all!

I'll pass, thanks.... and I needed shipping anyway, so it might not have worked, wish you were gifting these bombs 50% off woot prices...

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

cmaldoon

richardhod wrote:Not at all! Hi all, I've just been a tad snowed. Anyway, I'm selling them at cost, not half cost (some of you cheeky buggers!). PS and Cab were $25 each from woot (rather than retail 42upwards, and presumably more now... I can probably eat the $5 woot postage), and I think Tytanium cost me $35.

March 7.... May have to have a minor woot event that evening if you're free.

Anyway. Count me in for one tytanium and I may be up for another if all the others aren't claimed by then

My Cellar

klezman

cmaldoon wrote:March 7.... May have to have a minor woot event that evening if you're free.

Anyway. Count me in for one tytanium and I may be up for another if all the others aren't claimed by then

Agreed! We both need help creating room in our cellar

time2testit

Well, then when you dig out of the snow, please count me in for 1 Tytanium (local pick up)...if still available

time2testit

Richard? Or are you all busy drinking his wine?

richardhod

hi guys!

So, I have 4 Tytaniums. I may keep two, I may not. also 5 CS and 8 PS. and One Dessert wine!

Remind me of definitely what you want, given you know the price (woot price or half-retail, depending on when I bought it, but that's about the same thing)

time2 you have one, def, assuming we manage to meet
maldoon, I'm in SF with one Tytanium...
cortot, I have PS.. did you want?
and others.. let me know!

cortot20

richardhod wrote:hi guys!

So, I have 4 Tytaniums. I may keep two, I may not. also 5 CS and 8 PS. and One Dessert wine!

Remind me of definitely what you want, given you know the price (woot price or half-retail, depending on when I bought it, but that's about the same thing)

I'm passing on the PS, I now have too much wine on its way to me.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
richardhod wrote:hi guys!

Put me down for one of the '08 Tytanium's, as well as the Wellington we spoke of earlier.

CT

richardhod

rjquillin wrote:Put me down for one of the '08 Tytanium's, as well as the Wellington we spoke of earlier.

remind me where you are again! You wanted 2 or 3 05s I think!

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
richardhod wrote:remind me where you are again! You wanted 2 or 3 05s I think!

San Diego, but I'll be up for Tour 1.

CT

cmaldoon

richardhod wrote:

Richard -

I'm in Santa Clara but on shift from Midnight to noon 7 days a week right now. Is there any chance either you'll be in the san jose area OR meeting up with Klezman while you're around?

on that note: Klez would you be up for wootlegging this for me if you are seeing Richard?

Let me know, what plans are and I'll see what I can do to make them work.

C-

My Cellar

klezman

cmaldoon wrote:Richard -

I'm in Santa Clara but on shift from Midnight to noon 7 days a week right now. Is there any chance either you'll be in the san jose area OR meeting up with Klezman while you're around?

on that note: Klez would you be up for wootlegging this for me if you are seeing Richard?

Let me know, what plans are and I'll see what I can do to make them work.

C-

Yes, I can wootleg this stuff for you.

cmaldoon

klezman wrote:Yes, I can wootleg this stuff for you.

Sweet! Thanks. Email me know the tab through the end of April and I'll get it to you.

My Cellar

richardhod

klezman wrote:Yes, I can wootleg this stuff for you.

well, either of you, I'm still in SF today because driving in 380 miles on CA roads in a monsoon near Pinky CA hydrophobes whilst avoiding the plummeting domestic animals is not my idea of fun. Especially since I've already written one vehicle off this month