mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
sanity wrote:Over New Years rode to New Mexico and East AZ. Ate in an all vegan Mexican restaurant called POCO. Sigh I could eat here every day. We also took two full meals to go, packed on our bikes, for the ride back to our hotel, about 100 miles. What a treat.

I was really impressed with my vegan tacos. they were super yummy! hubby had "traditional" enchiladas and they were good also.. plus the price wasn't outrageous. The wait to be seated was outrageous. so what do do on a "date" night? go shopping at target and BJ's of course!! ha ha ha!!

edit: oohhh look... a birthday present to me...I'm on top!!!!!

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
mommadeb1 wrote:ok brain dead me.... what does FF&F stand for?

Fruit Forward & Fabulous! Essentially, the antithesis of the PS Dark & Delicious. Time to dig out your secret stash of Parkerized fruit-bombs; the big, jammy reds; the acidic, grapefruity whites, etc. Even the moscato or J-burg Riesling you only bring out when you mom comes over because she likes her wines sweet and cold. *gasp*

cjsiege

sanity wrote:Playing devil's advocate, we could do it in the main thread, but then those less venturesome won't mosey on over, for whatever reason. WE could post a notice in the main thread, then have them meet over here. We could start a new thread, and in the first post put a link to the thread over here. Or, start a new thread altogether. I know, great help, am I.

FF&F Thread Y'all had better come out for this! Otherwise, we'll be very. very sad.

cjsiege

And now that I've created the FF&F thread and staked out the main thread... it's time to snooze! See you all tomorrow evening for FF&F.

PS'ers -- have a fab time tomorrow! We expect reports back on the offerings from all those wineries you are planning to hit!

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

I ventured to Costco today, and lived to tell the tale.

One of the wines I purchased is a Falanghina, a white wine, an ancient Italian varietal. Anyone tasted this?

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Hey all the Cyberpeeps!

Sounds like it has been a fine week around here. Lots of cat chat.

Had to peek in and make sure Bhodilee hasn't been arrested yet.

Not much new in our world. Enjoying a relatively mild winter. Yay. The dog has been dragging us around the neighborhood even faster than in the summer. No exciting tales of wine or beer lately.

Had to (just had to) chime into the doctor's office conversation. I love my internal med guy. The medical group is part of the hospital I work for, which oh, yeah I have to tell them I'll get my labs drawn at the hospital outpatient department across the street. It's cheaper because in the office it gets sent to some other lab. I never understood that. Or it is billed at a different price. One of the 2.

So the desk people (I lose track of their title as over the years they have been clerks, secretaries, receptionists and concierges)take my co pay and check me in. They are all fine. I go into the office with the medical assistant. These are the people I have some issues with. Or maybe I have issues with one of the girls who just invents vitals and puts them in the computer. I think the doc is savvy because he won't even trust them to do his BPs. If I ever get the same girl I had last time, I am going to say something to her about slowing down and actually asking the question TO me and not the computer and maybe taking a breath or 2 before racing thru the questions. I was in the waiting room. NOT that busy.

Intersting thing is that the nurses in that practice spend most of their time on the phone calling pharmacies, patients and phone triage. That would not be my cuppa tea or glass of vin, but maybe someone wants to do that.

Our system also has the ever fun Electronic Medical Record. The cool part is that there is a patient side where I can make my appointments on line, view my results after the doc has released them, send a note to my doc about... whatever and request prescription renewals all without picking up the phone. Fast. Easy. No waiting for call backs. Yay! Not sure how much of this is in place around the country, but it sure is convenient. On the nurse side of it, no more reading doctor's scrawl either (or my fellow nurses or therapists). Oh my. I think I've drunk the Kool - Aid.

I'll be watching later to see who is drinking what.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Got final word today.... I'll be making the move from Sunny Southern California to New York in a little over a week. Time to start packing drastically, and to buy heavier coats.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cjsiege wrote:Fruit Forward & Fabulous! Essentially, the antithesis of the PS Dark & Delicious. Time to dig out your secret stash of Parkerized fruit-bombs; the big, jammy reds; the acidic, grapefruity whites, etc. Even the moscato or J-burg Riesling you only bring out when you mom comes over because she likes her wines sweet and cold. *gasp*

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Itwdswafo wrote:Got final word today.... I'll be making the move from Sunny Southern California to New York in a little over a week. Time to start packing drastically, and to buy heavier coats.

Been a fairly mild winter so you should be able to make the transition relatively easily.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

sanity wrote:I ventured to Costco today, and lived to tell the tale.

One of the wines I purchased is a Falanghina, a white wine, an ancient Italian varietal. Anyone tasted this?

fantastic wine from Southern Italy, who is the producer?

WineDavid was my Boss!

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Sad that my place of employment has a banner ad at the top of the page. Sigh.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
texacaliali wrote:fantastic wine from Southern Italy, who is the producer?

2009 Falanghina Dei Feudi Gregorio is what is on the front of the label, latin if I remember correctly. Sannio Falanghina - Feudi di San Gregorio is on the back.

I'll post about it tonight in the FF&F thread!

MarkDaSpark

It's too fricking early!

Almost ready to head down to check out and hit the road. Almost. Buncha darn wineaux!

And I spent way too much on the silent auction!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
bahwm wrote:Hi Guys! DumDum here. Finally got off probation! Didn't realize/ forgot that you can't post links to other sites that could be for profit! Oops!

Happy Valentine's Day belatedly!

On the bus on the way to Quebec with the kiddos. Just left @ 11 PM. Should get there around 8 or 8:30 AM & we hit the ground running. weather should be good. Should be quite a bit of snow. Yay!

This is hilarious!

We surely are rebels, aren't we?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

sanity wrote:2009 Falanghina Dei Feudi Gregorio is what is on the front of the label, latin if I remember correctly. Sannio Falanghina - Feudi di San Gregorio is on the back.

I'll post about it tonight in the FF&F thread!

a solid producer, my very first Falanghina was from Feudi. Will be eager to read your review! Cheers.

http://www.feudi.it/en/

WineDavid was my Boss!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:It's too fricking early!

Almost ready to head down to check out and hit the road. Almost. Buncha darn wineaux!

Haha, last night you were like this isn't too much right? Morning after regrets? Just look at it this way, you have more delicious wines to not drink!

All kidding aside, sparky rocks for planning this weekend.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 169 Private Messages rjquillin
sanity wrote:I ventured to Costco today, and lived to tell the tale.

Speaking of Costco reminded me I went to look for the Kirkland tawny port and found none to sample and report on. Perhaps a trip to another location, or have them do a stock check is in the future.

Was there mention earlier of another Kirkland bottle, Amador county Grandmere 2009 old vine zin for $11? I know we've had at least three wineries that have wooted in the past. Any association?

CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
MarkDaSpark wrote:It's too fricking early!

What did you get?

cjsiege

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Promise, promises. You always say that to me, but you never seem to come through...

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice

Cross-posted from the D&D Weekend thread:

texacaliali wrote:be sure to stop by at say hello to Bubba Bo Bob Brain Handal of Handal Denier Vineyards and Mike Drash at Aratas & Tallulah Wines!

Would also love to get some options on any new discoveries too, please PM me if you are so compelled!

Sorry to miss, off to judge the Dallas Morning News Wine Competition this weekend. Cheers and be safe everyone! - Ali

Didn't realize this local competition was being held this weekend, but I suppose it is closed to the public. Thought you might want to see the list of Judges and if you scroll down to the judge from Austin, TX you will see a great picture of Ali, most likely from Italy.

Z

mommadeb1

how sad is this? I really want the cardio elliptical that is being advertised on the banners at the top...

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I missed you guys at D&D last night (I switched cars and left me phone in the other card - DOH!).

I saw Mark's name on a LOT of the auction lots, especially those BIG bottles

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

zmanonice wrote:Cross-posted from the D&D Weekend thread:

Didn't realize this local competition was being held this weekend, but I suppose it is closed to the public. Thought you might want to see the list of Judges and if you scroll down to the judge from Austin, TX you will see a great picture of Ali, most likely from Italy.

Z

ahh you are very kind, thanks! it is a closed competition, an amazing amount of wines submitted, the samples are wall-to-wall, filling the entire ballroom here - even more amazing organization involved. an exciting 48 hours ahead. i plan to post my experience for everyone shortly, great honor to be apart of one of the greatest wine competitions in the US!

WineDavid was my Boss!

rjquillin

So many things this weekend, but one in the future I'm wondering if any in socal may be planning to attend.

2012 FAMILY WINEMAKERS TASTING (CALIFORNIA) - Join Scott and Jana on Sunday, March 11th at the 2012 Family Winemakers Tasting in Del Mar, CA.

info/tickets here and discount ($45 +$3.47 fee) tickets are available thru the 20th. This is on the fairgrounds just north of San Diego and adjacent I5.

CT

cjsiege

FF&F is going on now! Come join us!

mommadeb1

boards are quiet tonight..

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:What did you get?

Far too much wine, considering I hate drinking alone.

Prize was a 3L Clayhouse PS ... you know, the one I "won" last year but someone else walked out the door with.

PS won a couple, as well as some other Wooters.

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:Promise, promises. You always say that to me, but you never seem to come through...

And do you ever come out this way? Last time I drove you all around, obeying your every command, and what do I get? Well?

MarkDaSpark

bsevern wrote:I missed you guys at D&D last night (I switched cars and left me phone in the other card - DOH!).

I saw Mark's name on a LOT of the auction lots, especially those BIG bottles

We wondered what happened to you. I saw your name on a signup list at one of the wineries, so I knew you were around.

And maybe you need your eyesight checked as well. Only 2 big ones, the 3L Clayhouse and a 1.5L Miro Rockpile PS.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:So many things this weekend, but one in the future I'm wondering if any in socal may be planning to attend.

2012 FAMILY WINEMAKERS TASTING (CALIFORNIA) - Join Scott and Jana on Sunday, March 11th at the 2012 Family Winemakers Tasting in Del Mar, CA.

info/tickets here and discount ($45 +$3.47 fee) tickets are available thru the 20th. This is on the fairgrounds just north of San Diego and adjacent I5.

Just Jana will be there. Since Scott will be with me at the NWIWC judging wine.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:boards are quiet tonight..

Well, because the D&D grouPieS were over at Scott Harvey's, after a long day of Napa wineries (Vincent Arroyo, Zahtila, Corison, Prager, & Fulton).

Shot of Cathy's Kronos Vineyard from the back top porch while drinking a Corison Kronos Cab.

Scott and Jana were gracious hosts as always. Thank You both!!!

And the other chatterboxes were over in the FF&F thread. Scoundrels all!!!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, because the D&D grouPieS were over at Scott Harvey's, after a long day of Napa wineries (Vincent Arroyo, Zahtila, Corison, Prager, & Fulton).

And the other chatterboxes were over in the FF&F thread. Scoundrels all!!!

Only because we couldn't easily attend D&D. sigh

CT

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice
texacaliali wrote:ahh you are very kind, thanks! it is a closed competition, an amazing amount of wines submitted, the samples are wall-to-wall, filling the entire ballroom here - even more amazing organization involved. an exciting 48 hours ahead. i plan to post my experience for everyone shortly, great honor to be apart of one of the greatest wine competitions in the US!

With over 13,000 bottles of wine, and each entry requiring 4 bottles to be submitted, that means there were over 3,200 entries to be judged. What varieties are you judging?

Z

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:Only because we couldn't easily attend D&D. sigh

I know, it was our second prize cause we couldn't attend D&D.....

cjsiege

I'm flipping channels on the TV and I'm catching the very, very opening of Top Gun. Looking at the opening credits, there's a Potty Emergency!-load of peeps in that cast.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:When it comes to referral linking, there was a whole mess about it a few months back, predominantly in the Deals thread, and I think they considered the entire woot community officially warned at that point. There's definitely been plenty of warnings about not posting referral links in the forums.

Thus bowtie's lovely signature

I'm afraid I don't read Deals all that often.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bahwm wrote:I'm afraid I don't read Deals all that often.

Consider yourself lucky then. They are often quite tempting.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar