MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:Hi Guys! DumDum here. Finally got off probation! Didn't realize/ forgot that you can't post links to other sites that could be for profit! Oops!

Happy Valentine's Day belatedly!

On the bus on the way to Quebec with the kiddos. Just left @ 11 PM. Should get there around 8 or 8:30 AM & we hit the ground running. weather should be good. Should be quite a bit of snow. Yay!

So does that mean that all the wineries are not for profit???? Cause otherwise Cesare would be on multiple probations!!!

Edit: Wheeeee!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:OH MY FLIRTY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! Got exciting news today............... Trader Joe's is coming......Trader Joe's is coming to my area soon!!!!! Like as in this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea... no more lugging suitcase full of food home from our travels!!!!!!!!!! I am soo excited... it makes up for working and missing WTSO sales....

Congrats! We do the same thing or have friends TJ-leg for us!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:So does that mean that all the wineries are not for profit???? Cause otherwise Cesare would be on multiple probations!!!

Edit: Wheeeee!!!

No, like invino or Ruelala! Or . . .

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

Cesare

quality posts: 1645 Private Messages Cesare

Funny. I have the cabinet on home.woot, got it at crate and barrel a while ago. Really more of a "bar" than a wine cabinet. It's pretty nice.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
Cesare wrote:Funny. I have the cabinet on home.woot, got it at crate and barrel a while ago. Really more of a "bar" than a wine cabinet. It's pretty nice.

I have two that are nicer than that, and I'm going to need to sell them both (cheaper than that) here pretty soon... Any one in socal in the market?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
tenuki wrote:Okay, it's a good thing we don't have a pool on who gets banned next because I would have picked many many people before you or doc :p

I know right? What are the odds?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Hi Guys! DumDum here. Finally got off probation! Didn't realize/ forgot that you can't post links to other sites that could be for profit! Oops!

Happy Valentine's Day belatedly!

On the bus on the way to Quebec with the kiddos. Just left @ 11 PM. Should get there around 8 or 8:30 AM & we hit the ground running. weather should be good. Should be quite a bit of snow. Yay!

I was wondering why I didn't see you posting!! Have a safe and fun trip!!

edit: they should have given you a warning not probation!! or should I say a time out, not probation?

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:Okay, it's a good thing we don't have a pool on who gets banned next because I would have picked many many people before you or doc :p

I second that!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mommadeb1 wrote:I was wondering why I didn't see you posting!! Have a safe and fun trip!!

edit: they should have given you a warning not probation!! or should I say a time out, not probation?

When it comes to referral linking, there was a whole mess about it a few months back, predominantly in the Deals thread, and I think they considered the entire woot community officially warned at that point. There's definitely been plenty of warnings about not posting referral links in the forums.

Thus bowtie's lovely signature

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:When it comes to referral linking, there was a whole mess about it a few months back, predominantly in the Deals thread, and I think they considered the entire woot community officially warned at that point. There's definitely been plenty of warnings about not posting referral links in the forums.

I haven't changed that yet have I. I get lazy

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:When it comes to referral linking, there was a whole mess about it a few months back, predominantly in the Deals thread, and I think they considered the entire woot community officially warned at that point. There's definitely been plenty of warnings about not posting referral links in the forums.

I know....I know... just being ornery this morning...

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

My cats are insane. They have a favorite litter box, several that they use sometimes, and then one which they will not use at all. The difference between the favorite and the unused one is the color. That's all. I've moved them around to different locations, used different litter, all that. They love the pink one and will not touch the orange one.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
chemvictim wrote:My cats are insane. They have a favorite litter box, several that they use sometimes, and then one which they will not use at all. The difference between the favorite and the unused one is the color. That's all. I've moved them around to different locations, used different litter, all that. They love the pink one and will not touch the orange one.

My last cat loved pink toys, almost to the point of exclusivity. Cat logic is odd logic.

I'm just hanging out, really.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
chemvictim wrote:My cats are insane. They have a favorite litter box, several that they use sometimes, and then one which they will not use at all. The difference between the favorite and the unused one is the color. That's all. I've moved them around to different locations, used different litter, all that. They love the pink one and will not touch the orange one.

*****gross-out alert*****

My 3 cats did exactly the same thing. I finally put used litter ("gently used" - a few deposits, plus all the litter with it. Use the contents of one box and put it in the other) in the box they would not use. After that, they seemed compelled to use it, lol.
Also, if they are covered, change the lids, so one orange lid with one pink box.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I know....I know... just being ornery this morning...

This morning???

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707

That's funny. I was just wondering why my cats use one box over the other. They also prefer the pink one.

chemvictim

sanity wrote:*****gross-out alert*****

My 3 cats did exactly the same thing. I finally put used litter ("gently used" - a few deposits, plus all the litter with it. Use the contents of one box and put it in the other) in the box they would not use. After that, they seemed compelled to use it, lol.
Also, if they are covered, change the lids, so one orange lid with one pink box.

Never a dull moment with cats around. I'll try the litter switch, that's an interesting idea. Next time I'm at Walmart, I think I'll get a second pink box and see what they do. These are just big rubbermaid containers, nothing fancy.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
chemvictim wrote:Never a dull moment with cats around. I'll try the litter switch, that's an interesting idea. Next time I'm at Walmart, I think I'll get a second pink box and see what they do. These are just big rubbermaid containers, nothing fancy.

Okay, now I'm just curious. As a lazy person, isn't it better if they only use one? Then you only have to change one out? :P

CT

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:This morning???

Ha ha ha

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:Okay, now I'm just curious. As a lazy person, isn't it better if they only use one? Then you only have to change one out? :P

no, some cats won't go where others do... plus if you have multiple cats you would be cleaning it out all the time.....think about it..... multiple cats all using the same potty without flushing......not a pretty sight!!

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:Never a dull moment with cats around. I'll try the litter switch, that's an interesting idea. Next time I'm at Walmart, I think I'll get a second pink box and see what they do. These are just big rubbermaid containers, nothing fancy.

It always amazes me what cats will use or won't use... I have had some cats that refuse to use a covered box... ahh the things we do for our 4 legged children!!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mommadeb1 wrote:no, some cats won't go where others do... plus if you have multiple cats you would be cleaning it out all the time.....think about it..... multiple cats all using the same potty without flushing......not a pretty sight!!

That's why you get an automatic one!

I have just one cat, and all I have to do is empty a bin once a week or so. Muahaha.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:That's why you get an automatic one!

I have just one cat, and all I have to do is empty a bin once a week or so. Muahaha.

I have 4....couldn't imagine having only 1... but then again I am crazy!! muahahaha

chemvictim

mommadeb1 wrote:It always amazes me what cats will use or won't use... I have had some cats that refuse to use a covered box... ahh the things we do for our 4 legged children!!

I have 2 cats and FIVE boxes. One cat had an issue with "inappropriate elimination" but that seems to be resolved. I don't want to take a chance with it coming back, though, so the boxes stay. My cats seem to prefer the non-covered giant rubbermaid containers over the smaller covered boxes. The problem with them both using the same box is that it gets nasty in no time flat. Little monsters.

mommadeb1

grrrrf... I am so frustrated!!! My dryer is broken...again... for the 100th time... I do have the extended warranty (thank goodness) the repair guy was out on the 1st. had to order parts... parts still not in.... have to wash clothes then take to neighbors house or moms to dry them....... grrrrrrrr the warranty company finally gave me my money back from the washer I bought that ended up being repaired soo many times they gave up.... now I am hoping the do that with my dryer and dishwasher.... but so far all they do is send the repair dude.... I am sure they have put at least 2x what the dryer cost into repairs already.....

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:I have 2 cats and FIVE boxes. One cat had an issue with "inappropriate elimination" but that seems to be resolved. I don't want to take a chance with it coming back, though, so the boxes stay. My cats seem to prefer the non-covered giant rubbermaid containers over the smaller covered boxes. The problem with them both using the same box is that it gets nasty in no time flat. Little monsters.

oh yes.... the dreaded "inappropriate elimination problem" got to love it!! ha ha ha ......NOT!!

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:That's why you get an automatic one!

Great. Now I have ads for CatGenie at the bottom of the page.

I like cats, I really do. Prepared properly, they're very tasty.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I have a cat who will only use the litterbox for #2. He won't use it for #1 unless it is absolutely 100% freshly cleaned. Otherwise, he'll choose to just use the tub for #1. Arggggh!

I think he's just going insane in his old age.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

MarkDaSpark

redwinefan wrote:I have a cat who will only use the litterbox for #2. He won't use it for #1 unless it is absolutely 100% freshly cleaned. Otherwise, he'll choose to just use the tub for #1. Arggggh!

Or you could try training him to use another bathroom fixture ....

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Ugh! Wootoff!!! at least I have a B-day Coupon

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! A WINE Woot-off?????? NoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
MarkDaSpark wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOO! A WINE Woot-off?????? NoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think we all get to get PS'd off about this woot-off

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

Cesare

quality posts: 1645 Private Messages Cesare

Not a woot-off, not a wine.woot-off, a PS wine.woot-off!!!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Cesare wrote:Not a woot-off, not a wine.woot-off, a PS wine.woot-off!!!

Fear! Fear and impecunious futures for all!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

Cesare wrote:Not a woot-off, not a wine.woot-off, a PS wine.woot-off!!!

In that case, Whew!!

MarkDaSpark

Very appropriate that my 100th The Great Wakkorotti is a link to the D&D 2012 thread. Come to the Dark Side, We have Cookies!!!

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:I think we all get to get PS'd off about this woot-off

Shoot me email/text if there's an offer you'd like to split. I've got to try to hold off on buying for the most part though.

Oh...wine locker rent came due again. I've added it to the tally.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

a w.w off this weekend!? NO! I wasn't expecting it yet! This is terrible timing. *grumble*grumble*

mommadeb1

crap, crap, crap..... a woot off and I have to work AND a variety I LOVE and as bowtie would say... today is an important day to the world.......... and I have no room in my wine fridge?!! AND I can't go to D&D................ Life can be sooo mean!!!

chemvictim

redwinefan wrote:I have a cat who will only use the litterbox for #2. He won't use it for #1 unless it is absolutely 100% freshly cleaned. Otherwise, he'll choose to just use the tub for #1. Arggggh!

Well, I guess it could be worse - like your shoes, or the bed, or the carpet. Does he at least aim for the drain?