pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I have an old Uniden. It's "eh."

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I have an old Uniden. It's "eh."

I sold whatever we had, it was miserable. Now we just have cell phones.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I don't have a land line anymore but at the other house I used an old Uniden set. I still have it hooked up here so we can use its intercom feature though.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

You do know that you and I are the only ones here with a landline.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You do know that you and I are the only ones here with a landline.

And I was asking about cordless for my sister. My two main landline phones are corded and I love them.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:You do know that you and I are the only ones here with a landline.

Obviously, you don't.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:And I was asking about cordless for my sister. My two main landline phones are corded and I love them.

Corded? Wow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

pooflady wrote:And I was asking about cordless for my sister. My two main landline phones are corded and I love them.

What about the Uniden?

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Corded? Wow.

I always keep a corded phone handy for when/if we lose power.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I always keep a corded phone handy for when/if we lose power.

Actually there is one under the bed and one on the wall in the basement.

But who are we calling anymore? Fewer people have landlines each year.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Actually there is one under the bed and one on the wall in the basement.

But who are we calling anymore? Fewer people have landlines each year.

You're calling the same people you've always called. It doesn't matter what kind of phone you are dialing!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:You're calling the same people you've always called. It doesn't matter what kind of phone you are dialing!

If we are keeping a land line and corded phone for emergencies, like no power in a blizzard....who are we calling. Everyone else will have no phone once their battery dies.

I even sent the kids cheap corded phones because they work with no power, but they don't have landlines anymore.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:If we are keeping a land line and corded phone for emergencies, like no power in a blizzard....who are we calling. Everyone else will have no phone once their battery dies.

Cuz we're old school.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:If we are keeping a land line and corded phone for emergencies, like no power in a blizzard....who are we calling. Everyone else will have no phone once their battery dies.

I even sent the kids cheap corded phones because they work with no power, but they don't have landlines anymore.

I might be calling 911.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

I have a Panasonic with 4 handsets. No complaints. And yes, landline but thru cable so I lose phones when I lose power. I would get rid of the landline if I had more reliable cell service here.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:What about the Uniden?

That was before we had a cell phone and if we were sitting out on the deck.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:That was before we had a cell phone and if we were sitting out on the deck.

This survey didn't come across as a request for information for some one else

pooflady

AZGman wrote:This survey didn't come across as a request for information for some one else

Is that a problem?

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Is that a problem?

Nope. Live long long and and post.

MTM2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MTM2

We've got a set of GE cordless we've had for at least 5 years. They still work fine.

Only problem we've noticed is that we recently went to Uverse for our phone, internet, etc. and while the TV picks up and displays who is calling the phones always do so.

I assume the signal somehow has been changed with the digital update.

We have a landline here at the house just because. Might go strictly with our cells some time but will keep it for now.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

MTM2 wrote:We've got a set of GE cordless we've had for at least 5 years. They still work fine.

Only problem we've noticed is that we recently went to Uverse for our phone, internet, etc. and while the TV picks up and displays who is calling the phones always do so.

I assume the signal somehow has been changed with the digital update.

We have a landline here at the house just because. Might go strictly with our cells some time but will keep it for now.

Wow, a post that is actually on track and answers the question asked!

Thank you!

Come back again!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

I like my land line because it never drops a call, never breaks up, and the voice quality is much better than a cell.

The only thing I don't like about it is "Rachael from Cardholder Services." I'd like to smack that broad.

AZGman

!

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
pooflady wrote:I like my land line because it never drops a call, never breaks up, and the voice quality is much better than a cell.

The only thing I don't like about it is "Rachael from Cardholder Services." I'd like to smack that broad.

you go girl!

that's one nice thing about cordless - you can throw them suckers at her head and they don't rebound back atcha!

houndlax

quality posts: 2 Private Messages houndlax

We have a uniden 4 handset unit for about 5 years. They have worked well, they all still hold charges well, sound good. We've recently had charging problems, but I think it's because the spring that helps keep contact in the chargers are starting to go in them. My sister just got a new uniden 4 pack set and she likes them, but they are a tad "lighter" than mine and don't feel quite as substantial, so I've been putting off getting a new set. I'll wait till a good one pops up on Woot.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I like my land line because it never drops a call, never breaks up, and the voice quality is much better than a cell.

Honestly, I don't call hardly anyone anymore anyway. With my husband being deaf and most everyone online, we just chat at our computers. I still call my mom to speed up the conversation, but she'd be P.O'd if I didn't have the in-network cell phone, so she can call me for free. We thought about keeping the landline for emergencies and sitters, but we just put the number on a cell phone and kept one corded phone plugged in for 911 calls.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

I have the Uniden dect 6 - and they are marginally OK. The main dock has a place to push where one could retrieve messages (on a round dial looking thingy). It never worked. It was not too much of a problem to get messages from the handsets though. Problem I am having now is that I changed to Verizon and have to dial area code on local calls. It does not seem possible to get these phones to do that from the caller ID screen. Therefore, my lazy habit of returning calls by pressing one button from caller ID no longer works, and by the time I have dialed the local area code, I have forgotten the number. Think I need to research myself to see what I can get. Also, my previous cordless phones had talking caller ID - did not always pronounce names correctly, but I got used to it, and it was better than having to go look if the phone was not handy. Anyone have experience with ATT sets?

tubasparky

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tubasparky

We have Panasonic DECT 6.0 3 handset system. It works really well!

We have had them for about 4 years now and one handset is starting to have charging issues. Sound quality is great. speakerphone is quite useful.

They work much better than the GE DECT 6.0 set I have. The GE phones won't stay alive for an entire day if they aren't on the charging base. I highly recommend Panasonic.

We have to do 10 digit dialing here and the caller ID puts a 1 in front of the number by default. Quite useful when returning calls.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I have a landline.

Still single, can't imagine why.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:I have a landline.

You are odd.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:You are odd.

i have a landline too. because i am fen.

all of the phones here in prison are corded.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:i have a landline too. because i am fen.

all of the phones here in prison are corded.

Can't you choke someone with them?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I vote Panasonic. Good stuff.
Had Uniden and Vtech, less so.

No1 is Fenstar?
Who knew?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

j5 wrote:I vote Panasonic. Good stuff.
Had Uniden and Vtech, less so.

No1 is Fenstar?
Who knew?

No.

Fen is real. Odd, but real.

no1 is just odd.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Can't you choke someone with them?

is that a suggestion?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:is that a suggestion?

I don't know where you are on the hierarchy at the prison.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

I have a uniden. When I bought it, I was in a 2 bedroom apartment so having more than 2 unit seemed silly. Now, I wish it had more. No problems with it, other than not having those extra handsets and not pairing with the ones that came in the BOC.

And no, I don't have a landline. VOIP isn't the same as a landline, right? The house line is nice for conference calls for work, easier than using my cell phone. Plus, most of the 'wrong number' calls have been sorted out and stopped, so that's good.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin

I just got my mom a set of Vtech phones for Christmas. They're quite thin. But I think to myself, what's the point in having a home phone with cell phones these days? Just an extra bill. She pays it, so her loss, lol.

Edit: These are the ones that I have.

Vtech

Haven't encountered any problems. And I'm creative with the caller ID. The way this phone pronounces some things (ex: Residence = Res-eye-dence) makes for some funnies.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
xpenguin wrote:I just got my mom a set of Vtech phones for Christmas. They're quite thin. But I think to myself, what's the point in having a home phone with cell phones these days? Just an extra bill. She pays it, so her loss, lol.

Edit: These are the ones that I have.

Vtech

Haven't encountered any problems. And I'm creative with the caller ID. The way this phone pronounces some things (ex: Residence = Res-eye-dence) makes for some funnies.

Does your caller ID also work when you are on the phone and another call is coming in on that phone?

My phones I bought last year doesn't have this feature and it drives me nuts that I can't tell who is beeping in.