MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

It was that or "St. Bernardus, Beer Us!!!".

PoSt away, folks!

PS must have celebrated the Giants (NY) win over the Patriots (Boston area) a little too much tonight! That, or he really didn't want to come up with the theme.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of February 5th.

February
2/17-20: Dark & Delicious Weekend

April
4/27-28: Ohio Wine Dinner with Scott and Jana Harvey
TBD: NoVA/DC #26: Theme TBD
TBD: NYC #19: Cool stuff mikegberg is going to miss on the tour

May
5/19: CyberPub Cellars 2011 Rogue Rhone Bottling- NEWEST Thread!

July
7/17-19: RPM's History Tour, Part 1
7/23-25 or 7/24-26: RPM's History Tour, Part 2

Pending
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab!

So join or create a WW Gathering now!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

Yes, I do. Depending on where you start.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
richardhod wrote:Yes, I do. Depending on where you start.

The beginning? It is a very good place to start

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
bhodilee wrote:The beginning? It is a very good place to start

Unless it's a choose your own adventure book. Then you start at the end which has the best possible outcome and work your way to the beginning.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Saxon Brown mystery wine tonight.. who's ready?

bhodilee

InShadows wrote:Unless it's a choose your own adventure book. Then you start at the end which has the best possible outcome and work your way to the beginning.

That sounds suspiciously like cheating

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:Saxon Brown mystery wine tonight.. who's ready?

Spill the beans!! How did you find out? Or are you a labrat for it?

Itwdswafo

jgaffner wrote:Good Morning otolith,
Thanks you your support and interest. I have one more offer on it's way. No sure when but I'll ask. Make sure you watch for it. It could be the most interesting wine on woot this year.
Jeff

jgaffner wrote:Sorry, not orange wine. Let just say I'm the only guy doing this blend. Also I was wrong, the date will be Feb 7th.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

we tied a record for high temp. today......84!! and it was like summer, cuz we even got rain!!

I hate mondays!!!

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

"Open That Bottle Night" is Saturday, February 25th this year. Should we try to do a CyberPub OTB this year? Are folks available?

cjsiege

2 weeks until New Year's Day (aka Pitchers and Cathers Report)! 60 days until the Beginning of Summer (aka Opening Day)!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cjsiege wrote:"Open That Bottle Night" is Saturday, February 25th this year. Should we try to do a CyberPub OTB this year? Are folks available?

Yes, definitely yes.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

cjsiege wrote:"Open That Bottle Night" is Saturday, February 25th this year. Should we try to do a CyberPub OTB this year? Are folks available?

what is it?

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
mommadeb1 wrote:what is it?

I don't know...

O: open, online, original, orthagonal, once....

T: the, tasting, tabular, trigonal, third...

B: bottle, brunch, barmitsfah (sp?), baroscopy, brother... (perhaps a p, "party" is better suited here)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

cjsiege

mommadeb1 wrote:what is it?

Open That Bottle Night 2012: a time when we revert to the old, old, old original concept of the CyberPub... discussing what wines we are drinking, tasting notes, etc.

mommadeb1

cmaldoon wrote:I don't know...

O: open, online, original, orthagonal, once....

T: the, tasting, tabular, trigonal, third...

B: bottle, brunch, barmitsfah (sp?), baroscopy, brother... (perhaps a p, "party" is better suited here)

be nice to me.... it has been a looonnnggg day!!!

mommadeb1

cjsiege wrote: Open That Bottle Night 2012: a time when we revert to the old, old, old original concept of the CyberPub... discussing what wines we are drinking, tasting notes, etc.

sounds good to me!!

bhodilee

d&d is coming up also. We need to have another ff&f

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
mommadeb1 wrote:be nice to me.... it has been a looonnnggg day!!!

Not teasing. I seriously didnt know either.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

Itwdswafo

Oh wait.. nvm... I need to read things first.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
bhodilee wrote:d&d is coming up also. We need to have another ff&f

Yes, yes you do. Was kinda awesome when y'all did that.

I love the Jeremy Lin story, went to asian heritage night with the warriors last year and he only got like three minutes of garbage time. Had a public interview afterwards with the crowd, seems like a cool guy just living his dream. Said his teammates were making fun of him since he was still driving his old toyota from college or whatever, even as an nba player.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:Oh wait.. nvm... I need to read things first.

Well, I was expecting a set of Zins.

bhodilee

The ad at the top of hte page says: Done Drinking?

I don't think they know who they're talking to!

bhodilee

tenuki wrote:Yes, yes you do. Was kinda awesome when y'all did that.

I love the Jeremy Lin story, went to asian heritage night with the warriors last year and he only got like three minutes of garbage time. Had a public interview afterwards with the crowd, seems like a cool guy just living his dream. Said his teammates were making fun of him since he was still driving his old toyota from college or whatever, even as an nba player.

I saw that kid's picture the other day and my first thought was, wait, when did Yi Jianlian get traded to the Knicks and what did he do to deserve facetime on SI.com? Then I find out it's not Yi, but some Harvard kid named Jeremy! Love it! Second favorite player behind Steve Nash.

mommadeb1

guess what?!!! I have officially filled my 100 bottle wine fridge!! My hubby actually reI alized that last night....hmmmmI guess I had better start drinking some... otherwise he might frown upon my ordering more..... the excuse I kept giving him was I was trying to fill the fridge.... quick help me think of another excuse......

bhodilee

mommadeb1 wrote:guess what?!!! I have officially filled my 100 bottle wine fridge!! My hubby actually reI alized that last night....hmmmmI guess I had better start drinking some... otherwise he might frown upon my ordering more..... the excuse I kept giving him was I was trying to fill the fridge.... quick help me think of another excuse......

you had to buy ANOTHER fridge so the other one doesn't get lonely, and it has to be BIGGER then the first one to protect it from the garden gnome that lives under the counter.

I actually say this kind of thing to my wife. It usually ends in a head shake, muttering about I do's, and walking away. Basically, an insta-win.

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:you had to buy ANOTHER fridge so the other one doesn't get lonely, and it has to be BIGGER then the first one to protect it from the garden gnome that lives under the counter.

I actually say this kind of thing to my wife. It usually ends in a head shake, muttering about I do's, and walking away. Basically, an insta-win.

well this WAS the bigger fridge to keep the smaller 50 bottle one company... also the smaller one is the white wine fride and the bigger is the red wine....so that excuse is gone.... everyone really NEEDs to have more than 2 wine fridges in their living room.... right?!!!

bhodilee

mommadeb1 wrote:well this WAS the bigger fridge to keep the smaller 50 bottle one company... also the smaller one is the white wine fride and the bigger is the red wine....so that excuse is gone.... everyone really NEEDs to have more than 2 wine fridges in their living room.... right?!!!

sounds like you need to condense into one 400 bottle cooler, especially in the living room, get a nice wood paneled one. Appearances, Jones' all that good stuff.

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:sounds like you need to condense into one 400 bottle cooler, especially in the living room, get a nice wood paneled one. Appearances, Jones' all that good stuff.

I like your thinking...!!! can't wait to see the look on everones faces when I tell them that one!! ha ha ha

Itwdswafo

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, I was expecting a set of Zins.

Same. I can't really do anything with a 3-Pack of Chardonnays right now. Was hoping it would be something I could cellar for awhile, because I'm trying to lug as little wine as possible across country with me.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Wow, I can post again...I feel so much like, like, kyle. lol

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

otolith wrote:Wow, I can post again...I feel so much like, like, kyle. lol

why'd you get in trouble? Were you being a giant penisey penis head?

not mod bait at all.....nope not at all

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
bhodilee wrote:why'd you get in trouble? Were you being a giant penisey penis head?

Uh, oh. Bowtie's been hitting the sake again!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bhodilee wrote:why'd you get in trouble? Were you being a giant penisey penis head?

(and no, I didn't give that particular probation)

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:

(and no, I didn't give that particular probation)

Love that emoticon!!!!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
otolith wrote:Wow, I can post again...I feel so much like, like, kyle. lol

Doc ot the troublemaker, who knew?

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Doc ot the troublemaker, who knew?

Makes you wonder what it was .... salacious pics of a Juicy Lucy?

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

any updates on possible balsamic?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
NascarDad wrote:any updates on possible balsamic?

Well, I'll be doing my usual Thursday AM finger crossing. Stopped holding my breath.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar