+ Add a Comment

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
mewalk707 wrote:Lots of fun stuff at lots of different places. Appointments recommended.

You coming out to VA? And I guess you're not the worst local ever ;)

CT

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
tenuki wrote:You coming out to VA? And I guess you're not the worst local ever ;)

Probably not. There's a lot going on next weekend. I'll let you know if I decide to go.

tenuki

mewalk707 wrote:Probably not. There's a lot going on next weekend. I'll let you know if I decide to go.

boo! hiss!

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

what's the dress code for our adventures? Keep in mind, here in Florida, everything is casual!! Jeans are the norm.... getting dressed up is putting on the fancy flip flops!! ha ha ha... not really... but I don't want to be the odd one out....

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mommadeb1 wrote:what's the dress code for our adventures? Keep in mind, here in Florida, everything is casual!! Jeans are the norm.... getting dressed up is putting on the fancy flip flops!! ha ha ha... not really... but I don't want to be the odd one out....

For the bottling - something comfortable that you won't mind having destroyed should there be a mishap and wine gets all over you.

Bowling... um, whatever you typically wear for bowling. Like the bowling shirts. Or something.

Jeans are pretty standard. I'm unsure how nice Fogo is, but I know when I go to the churrascaria by me I typically like to dress a little nicer (khakis/trousers), although jeans generally work there too. With a nice top.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tenuki

Hmm, cagirl or mewalk, do you happen to have room for two cases so I don't have to deal with them from the airport? . I'll chip in for gas.

Mommadeb - it's a pretty casual weekend, though now that you bring it up I'm like hmm, maybe I've been underdressed on my woot shirts . More importantly though, Vegas is already in the 90's and a desert, so you want light stuff for the days and something heavier for nights.

CT

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:Hmm, cagirl or mewalk, do you happen to have room for two cases so I don't have to deal with them from the airport? . I'll chip in for gas.

Mommadeb - it's a pretty casual weekend, though now that you bring it up I'm like hmm, maybe I've been underdressed on my woot shirts . More importantly though, Vegas is already in the 90's and a desert, so you want light stuff for the days and something heavier for nights.

Thanks, It has been almost 90 here also, add our humidity and it feels a lot hotter!!

I didn't mean to imply that I dress like a bum, its a female thing.... on wanting to know what everyone is wearing!!

I might "need" to go shopping!! ha ha ha

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:Hmm, cagirl or mewalk, do you happen to have room for two cases so I don't have to deal with them from the airport? . I'll chip in for gas.

Thanks, It has been almost 90 here also, add our humidity and it feels a lot hotter!!

I didn't mean to imply that I dress like a bum, its a female thing.... on wanting to know what everyone is wearing!!

I might "need" to go shopping!! ha ha ha

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Yes, with all the driving around we all do on that weekend, keeping it casual is the way to go.

Because it is so dry here, a reminder to drink plenty of water, and keep a bottle with you wherever you go. The hottest time of day is late afternoon, around 4 pm.

Fun Fact: Did you know our average annual humidity is 30%, and for most of the rest of you it hovers between 60% and 80%. In the afternoons here, it drops regularly to below 20%. May and June are driest, with many days in the low teens or even below 10%. (I won't get into dew point for this lesson, lol - go here for more info on your city)

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

I've totally lost track...what are the potential plans/times for things? I'll need to discuss/clear it with molarchae. I suspect bowling will be fine since we've been meaning to go out here also. Ditto for Brazilian steakhouse if it's not too pricey.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

sanity wrote:Yes, with all the driving around we all do on that weekend, keeping it casual is the way to go.

Because it is so dry here, a reminder to drink plenty of water, and keep a bottle with you wherever you go. The hottest time of day is late afternoon, around 4 pm.

Fun Fact: Did you know our average annual humidity is 30%, and for most of the rest of you it hovers between 60% and 80%. In the afternoons here, it drops regularly to below 20%. May and June are driest, with many days in the low teens or even below 10%. (I won't get into dew point for this lesson, lol - go here for more info on your city)

With 30% humidity my gills will dry up!!! ha ha ha!!

cheron98

There's going to be an annular solar eclipse on May 20. That's going to be awesome. Vegas is (just) out of the central line, but the eclipse ends at sunset, so we'll at least see a partial. *ponder* Looks like the Valley of Fire is in the zone, though. Oh, how opportune! But that would mean doing the Valley trip later in the day... I would totally skip Fogo to get a chance at seeing this eclipse, though...

In other news, the Parcel 17 will not be bottled until May 21, so getting it to Vegas in time is out of the question. I can still have it shipped to sanity, if she is willing, to be held until such time as tenuki makes another one of his many trips to Vegas

tenuki

Got my shirt today, they capitalized tenuki though ah well.

CT

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
klezman wrote:I've totally lost track...what are the potential plans/times for things? I'll need to discuss/clear it with molarchae. I suspect bowling will be fine since we've been meaning to go out here also. Ditto for Brazilian steakhouse if it's not too pricey.

I've updated the first post with times and links to the bottling and Fogo locations. I'll continue to update as times and places are finalized.

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:There's going to be an annular solar eclipse on May 20. That's going to be awesome. Vegas is (just) out of the central line, but the eclipse ends at sunset, so we'll at least see a partial. *ponder* Looks like the Valley of Fire is in the zone, though. Oh, how opportune! But that would mean doing the Valley trip later in the day... I would totally skip Fogo to get a chance at seeing this eclipse, though...

ohhhh a solar eclipse?!!!!! how awesome!!

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
sanity wrote:I've updated the first post with times and links to the bottling and Fogo locations. I'll continue to update as times and places are finalized.

Much appreciated!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

klezman wrote:Much appreciated!

+1

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
tenuki wrote:Got my shirt today, they capitalized tenuki though ah well.

Yeah, they actually screwed up mine the first time (making it "Hitany Key")and then said they couldn't do mine the way I really wanted it. They had to do it as Hitanykey instead of HitAnyKey. Something about how it had to be a continuous stitch and going from lowercase to uppercase was an issue.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yeah, they actually screwed up mine the first time (making it "Hitany Key")and then said they couldn't do mine the way I really wanted it. They had to do it as Hitanykey instead of HitAnyKey. Something about how it had to be a continuous stitch and going from lowercase to uppercase was an issue.

I was really impressed in how fast I got our shirts!!

mewalk707

tenuki wrote:Hmm, cagirl or mewalk, do you happen to have room for two cases so I don't have to deal with them from the airport? .

We're going to be loaded pretty heavy, but we can probably squeeze yours in. Speaking of which... SPARKY, don't forget my wine!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mewalk707 wrote:We're going to be loaded pretty heavy, but we can probably squeeze yours in. Speaking of which... SPARKY, don't forget my wine!

Wine? What Wine?

Oh that wine. Storage fees have drunk up most of your inventory. So it won't be a problem to bring the one or two bottles left.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mewalk707 wrote:We're going to be loaded pretty heavy, but we can probably squeeze yours in. Speaking of which... SPARKY, don't forget my wine!

Don't worry about if I'm there. I will have plenty of room and I drive thorough Walnut Creek (I believe where Tenuki lives and works) quite frequently so it will be no problem for me. It looks more and more likely that I will be attending.

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa
sanity wrote:d-dog, bam, I somehow deleted you off the regrets list on the 1st post. My apologies. Is the baccalaureate still scheduled the same weekend as bottling?

Everyone else who is not on the list but joining us, please post here so I may plan properly for food. Those on the maybe list please chime in as soon as you are in the know.

sukeisa, how many friends will be joining us?

I plan on bowling as long as it is not scheduled to close to the time y'all are headed over to my place.

as of now, +1 (virge) is confirmed... guests from overseas are being usual procratinators... if my numbers change, i will be sure to bring enough food to compensate...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5 NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

mommadeb1

Breakfast isn't going to be super early is it? I hate mornings!!

mewalk707

CAGrl wrote:Don't worry about if I'm there. I will have plenty of room and I drive thorough Walnut Creek (I believe where Tenuki lives and works) quite frequently so it will be no problem for me. It looks more and more likely that I will be attending.

Would love to see you again... and not just because I don't want to lug tenuki's wine around ;)

CAGrl

mewalk707 wrote:Would love to see you again... and not just because I don't want to lug tenuki's wine around ;)

I know. It'd be nice to see you again and meet some new wooters.

tenuki

mewalk707 wrote:Would love to see you again... and not just because I don't want to lug tenuki's wine around ;)

But my wine is special, it tastes like unicorns and rainbows! You should feel privileged!

CT

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:Don't worry about if I'm there. I will have plenty of room and I drive thorough Walnut Creek (I believe where Tenuki lives and works) quite frequently so it will be no problem for me. It looks more and more likely that I will be attending.

And yet you never say hi Thanks for the offer. We'll work it out in Vegas.

CT

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:But my wine is special, it tastes like unicorns and rainbows! You should feel privileged!

Does that mean whoever drives your wine can open it up to see if it really tastes like unicorns and rainbows???

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:Breakfast isn't going to be super early is it? I hate mornings!!

Is the Crack o' Noon still considered morning?

Since bottling is at 11 on Saturday, not sure if we are all going to meet for breakfast or not. Figure 20 to 30 minutes to get to the bottling from the Strip, IIRC. So no HHaGG (Hash House A Go Go) unless we get there around 8:30am. Which I'm not planning on doing!

Depends on what everyone is doing on Sunday.

I'm tempted to do the Sunday Champagne Brunch at the Mandalay Bay again ($23.99) and hit the Minus 5° Ice Bar there afterwards (again). It was quite the experience.

They had a nice 2 for 1 special last time, if you got there before 3pm (IIRC). $75 for 2, and you both got heavy Faux fur coats & gloves, one 5x7 picture, 1 drink each, and one nice fur hat or beanie to keep.

Anyone else interested in going on Sunday morning to brunch? And to the Minus 5° afterwards?

I know Imagine doesn't like Hash House A Go Go that much, but it is an experience. We could do it Monday morning, maybe?

The one in the M Resort was nicer than the one in the Imperial Palace, which we all thought, IIRC. The original is over close to Sanity.

Edit: And at least this time, I don't have to worry about ferrying Cheron all over Vegas!! HaK gets that fun!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Is the Crack o' Noon still considered morning?

Since bottling is at 11 on Saturday, not sure if we are all going to meet for breakfast or not. Figure 20 to 30 minutes to get to the bottling from the Strip, IIRC. So no HHaGG (Hash House A Go Go) unless we get there around 8:30am. Which I'm not planning on doing!

I'm tempted to do the Sunday Champagne Brunch at the Mandalay Bay again ($23.99) and hit the Minus 5° Ice Bar there afterwards (again). It was quite the experience.

They had a nice 2 for 1 special last time, if you got there before 3pm (IIRC). $75 for 2, and you both got heavy Faux fur coats & gloves, one 5x7 picture, 1 drink each, and one nice fur hat or beanie to keep.

Anyone else interested in going on Sunday morning to brunch? And to the Minus 5° afterwards?

I know Imagine doesn't like Hash House A Go Go that much, but it is an experience. We could do it Monday morning, maybe?

The one in the M Resort was nicer than the one in the Imperial Palace, which we all thought, IIRC. The original is over close to Sanity.

Edit: And at least this time, I don't have to worry about ferrying Cheron all over Vegas!! HaK gets that fun!

I'm up for brunch, ice bar might depend how gambling's going ;)

CT

CAGrl

MarkDaSpark wrote:Is the Crack o' Noon still considered morning?

If I'm there, I'm up for brunch and even the ice bar. Sounds like a hoot.

tiger7610

quality posts: 16 Private Messages tiger7610

Anything that involves Sparky is a hoot. Also any more update on if someone can take my half case back to the east coast. Hak you said you were a maybe? any more update?

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
tiger7610 wrote:Anything that involves Sparky is a hoot. Also any more update on if someone can take my half case back to the east coast. Hak you said you were a maybe? any more update?

I'm going to be taking back polarbear's half case, so with my half case that doesn't leave room for any more. Sorry.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

tiger7610

quality posts: 16 Private Messages tiger7610

Anyone else going back to the east coast can take a half a case? Especially people flying southwest? Or heck I can probably make my way to michigan at some point (hint hint cheron)

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:Does that mean whoever drives your wine can open it up to see if it really tastes like unicorns and rainbows???

It's a little known fact that unicorns taste like petite sirah.

CT

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:It's a little known fact that unicorns taste like petite sirah.

How about the rainbows? By the way, it looks I'm out for this weekend at VA. Meeting someone in SF.

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:Anyone else going back to the east coast can take a half a case? Especially people flying southwest? Or heck I can probably make my way to michigan at some point (hint hint cheron)

I've got a full case already between me & wendy, plus my suitcase, so I'm full up. Sorry.

mewalk707

CAGrl wrote:How about the rainbows? By the way, it looks I'm out for this weekend at VA. Meeting someone in SF.

I think unicorns piss petite sirah and fart rainbows. Or so i've heard. Now i'm hungry for unicorn steak.

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:How about the rainbows? By the way, it looks I'm out for this weekend at VA. Meeting someone in SF.

Tell them to meet you in Napa Ah well, see you in Vegas hopefully.

CT