mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:So where's your accent from originally?



there really isn't an originally.... we moved around a whole bunch when I was younger...

sukeiasa


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

i, uh, am finally kinda recovering from last weekend... so glad to see everyone at the bottling and at sanity's...

would have loved to made the other events, but vegas got to me...

big thanks again to sanity for hosting!

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5 NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
mommadeb1 wrote:there really isn't an originally.... we moved around a whole bunch when I was younger...



Cat was simply referring to the fact that she picked up and was speaking with your Southern accent a little bit.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Cat was simply referring to the fact that she picked up and was speaking with your Southern accent a little bit.



you think it is southern? Maybe.... I like to say eclectic!!


mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

I want to put the Year on my cyberpub wine... do I put when it was bottled, or barreled?

I forgot to say what happened when I checked in at the airport.... they actually opened my box of wine and then made me take out the styrofoam insert and then place the insert into a plastic bag, then resealed the box.... Never had that happen before... Usually they just put the whole box into a bag.... oh well, Southwest was very nice about it...and they were impressed with the shipping carton..... it amazes me how each airport has their own interpretation of what to do..... hey, the wine made it and the people were nice!! oh and the flight home, was supposed to be totally full, but we lucked out... the seat inbetween mr. Mommadeb and me was empty!!! yeah!!

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
mommadeb1 wrote:I want to put the Year on my cyberpub wine... do I put when it was bottled, or barreled?

I forgot to say what happened when I checked in at the airport.... they actually opened my box of wine and then made me take out the styrofoam insert and then place the insert into a plastic bag, then resealed the box.... Never had that happen before... Usually they just put the whole box into a bag.... oh well, Southwest was very nice about it...and they were impressed with the shipping carton..... it amazes me how each airport has their own interpretation of what to do..... hey, the wine made it and the people were nice!! oh and the flight home, was supposed to be totally full, but we lucked out... the seat inbetween mr. Mommadeb and me was empty!!! yeah!!



2011. I believe it's more based on when grapes are harvested but unsure.

I wouldn't want to sit between y'all for 5 hours either! ;)

CT

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
tenuki wrote:2011. I believe it's more based on when grapes are harvested but unsure.

I wouldn't want to sit between y'all for 5 hours either! ;)



that's what hubby was saying.... something about my bad attitude.....

klezman


quality posts: 118 Private Messages klezman

Glad everybody made it back with far less incident than I. On I-15 I nearly collided with a white SUV/truck type vehicle that was encroaching on my space. Reflexes took over, I lost control and spun out, then flipped my car over onto the grassy median. Thankfully it performed admirably and I'm safe and sound with nothing more than minor injuries. My car, however, was not so lucky. Surprisingly enough, my wine survived intact! Several bottles may be heat damaged from sitting in Rialto, CA in the sun for 2.5 days, though.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
klezman wrote:Glad everybody made it back with far less incident than I. On I-15 I nearly collided with a white SUV/truck type vehicle that was encroaching on my space. Reflexes took over, I lost control and spun out, then flipped my car over onto the grassy median. Thankfully it performed admirably and I'm safe and sound with nothing more than minor injuries. My car, however, was not so lucky. Surprisingly enough, my wine survived intact! Several bottles may be heat damaged from sitting in Rialto, CA in the sun for 2.5 days, though.



holy crap!!! Needless to say you didn't make your meeting?!!! I am glad you are ok...

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:Glad everybody made it back with far less incident than I. On I-15 I nearly collided with a white SUV/truck type vehicle that was encroaching on my space. Reflexes took over, I lost control and spun out, then flipped my car over onto the grassy median. Thankfully it performed admirably and I'm safe and sound with nothing more than minor injuries. My car, however, was not so lucky. Surprisingly enough, my wine survived intact! Several bottles may be heat damaged from sitting in Rialto, CA in the sun for 2.5 days, though.




Um, who had the accident on the 710 a while ago? Perhaps someone else should be driving?

At least in both incidents the wine survived!



Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
tenuki wrote:2011. I believe it's more based on when grapes are harvested but unsure.



Yes, it's based on when the grapes were harvested. I had made a CT entry for our wine. See here for details: https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1358808

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
mommadeb1 wrote:I forgot to say what happened when I checked in at the airport.... they actually opened my box of wine and then made me take out the styrofoam insert and then place the insert into a plastic bag, then resealed the box.... Never had that happen before... Usually they just put the whole box into a bag.... oh well, Southwest was very nice about it...and they were impressed with the shipping carton..... it amazes me how each airport has their own interpretation of what to do..... hey, the wine made it and the people were nice!!



They were all weird about mine & Cat's boxes too. They started to cut open Cat's box, but we kinda kept telling them that they were the same shipping boxes that wineries use for mailing wine. So instead the woman went off to find big plastic bags to put the boxes in, tie up the bag, and tape it up. I have never had that done before, and never heard of anyone having that done to their wine. It was so stupid in my mine....especially since both of us had the bag no longer there when we got them at baggage claim. And my box (along with my suitcase) were sopping wet from the Ft Lauderdale rain. So no only did the bag vanish from the box, but the box got all wet and will now be trash-bound. I'm actually surprised my box even made it to ISP, since the baggage tag had been taped to the outside of the plastic bag, so when I picked up my box from baggage claim, those tags were nowhere to be found.
It just boggles my mind....the stupidity of the airline people.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
HitAnyKey42 wrote:They were all weird about mine & Cat's boxes too. They started to cut open Cat's box, but we kinda kept telling them that they were the same shipping boxes that wineries use for mailing wine. So instead the woman went off to find big plastic bags to put the boxes in, tie up the bag, and tape it up. I have never had that done before, and never heard of anyone having that done to their wine. It was so stupid in my mine....especially since both of us had the bag no longer there when we got them at baggage claim. And my box (along with my suitcase) were sopping wet from the Ft Lauderdale rain. So no only did the bag vanish from the box, but the box got all wet and will now be trash-bound. I'm actually surprised my box even made it to ISP, since the baggage tag had been taped to the outside of the plastic bag, so when I picked up my box from baggage claim, those tags were nowhere to be found.
It just boggles my mind....the stupidity of the airline people.



I kept trying to tell them the box is what UPS shipped in and that we do this all the time.... At least they were nice to me!!
I wonder what happened to your bag? Oh well, at least you got your wine and are home...

(don't forget to give your mom her gift!)

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
klezman wrote:Glad everybody made it back with far less incident than I. On I-15 I nearly collided with a white SUV/truck type vehicle that was encroaching on my space. Reflexes took over, I lost control and spun out, then flipped my car over onto the grassy median. Thankfully it performed admirably and I'm safe and sound with nothing more than minor injuries. My car, however, was not so lucky. Surprisingly enough, my wine survived intact! Several bottles may be heat damaged from sitting in Rialto, CA in the sun for 2.5 days, though.



Holy crap, indeed! MommaD said it all. Glad you're ok. If any of the wine does end up being cooked, Sparky will be more than happy to give you some of his.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mommadeb1 wrote:I kept trying to tell them the box is what UPS shipped in and that we do this all the time.... At least they were nice to me!!
I wonder what happened to your bag? Oh well, at least you got your wine and are home...

(don't forget to give your mom her gift!)



Mine got ripped apart by TSA, and then they put their TSA tape all over the box. It's super reinforced now, but it will not be going on a flight again.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Holy crap, indeed! MommaD said it all. Glad you're ok. If any of the wine does end up being cooked, Sparky will be more than happy to give you some of his.



*snerk* I'll be happy to donate a bottle to you, klez.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
MarkDaSpark wrote:Um, who had the accident on the 710 a while ago? Perhaps someone else should be driving?

At least in both incidents the wine survived!



Wasn't that richardhod that had the crash?

klez, so glad you are ok! Was molarchae with you, too?

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
sanity wrote:Wasn't that richardhod that had the crash?

klez, so glad you are ok! Was molarchae with you, too?



molarchae was flying. klez left late monday night, molarchae flew home monday morning.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
sanity wrote:Wasn't that richardhod that had the crash?

klez, so glad you are ok! Was molarchae with you, too?



She flew home Monday morning (I drove her to the airport). Klez left Sunday night after we had our little BBQ at the resort. So it would have been just him in the car.

Speaking of which, sanity thank you so much for bringing by the other lamb. It was very good Sunday night, and we even had a few pieces left over which Cat then reheated for me and her on Monday for a salad lunch which we tossed the meat into. All very tasty.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bahwm


quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

Oh, my! So many incidents! Klez, I'm glad you're alright. HAK, I'm glad you're finally home with wine and luggage.

We've had them open our wine box to check that it really had the styrofoam inserts and then, the SW people have sealed it up and put it into a plastic bag. Come to think of it, I think it arrives at our home airport without the plastic bag. Hmmm.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
klezman wrote:Glad everybody made it back with far less incident than I. On I-15 I nearly collided with a white SUV/truck type vehicle that was encroaching on my space. Reflexes took over, I lost control and spun out, then flipped my car over onto the grassy median. Thankfully it performed admirably and I'm safe and sound with nothing more than minor injuries. My car, however, was not so lucky. Surprisingly enough, my wine survived intact! Several bottles may be heat damaged from sitting in Rialto, CA in the sun for 2.5 days, though.


Glad to hear you're okay. So sorry you had such an incident especially so late at night. Was wondering about you and how you made it home on my drive back home.

Sorry to hear about everybody's interesting experiences with shipping wine, but glad it all made it home safely.

klezman


quality posts: 118 Private Messages klezman
mommadeb1 wrote:holy crap!!! Needless to say you didn't make your meeting?!!! I am glad you are ok...



I did make it. Half asleep, but I made it. After that amount of hassle there was no way I was going to miss it.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
klezman wrote:I did make it. Half asleep, but I made it. After that amount of hassle there was no way I was going to miss it.



I just saw the photo of the car. I just gotta say again.....wow! The roof must have come really close down to your head, seeing how much it's compressed. And also the windshield breaking inward like that....yowza. There could have been all sorts of hurt involved with the way that looks.

How in the world did you make it to your meeting after something like that? How did you even get home, for that matter?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

klezman


quality posts: 118 Private Messages klezman
sanity wrote:Wasn't that richardhod that had the crash?

klez, so glad you are ok! Was molarchae with you, too?



Yeah, Richard had that other crash. This is my first ever accident/crash of note in my entire driving history. I hope it's my last.

Molarchae was thankfully safe and sound on her massively delayed Virgin America flight Monday morning.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman


quality posts: 118 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:*snerk* I'll be happy to donate a bottle to you, klez.



Thanks! The earlier survey showed that the bottle from Garagiste had a nicely protruding cork but no seepage. A couple Cyberpub bottles had protruding corks but I didn't yet check for seepage. The Graciano you delivered one bottle looks like there's seepage and otherwise the rest looked ok, although given the heat/sun involved who knows if they're all cooked regardless of seepage. I'll check them out properly another night when I have more time.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman


quality posts: 118 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I just saw the photo of the car. I just gotta say again.....wow! The roof must have come really close down to your head, seeing how much it's compressed. And also the windshield breaking inward like that....yowza. There could have been all sorts of hurt involved with the way that looks.

How in the world did you make it to your meeting after something like that? How did you even get home, for that matter?



Well, it landed on the driver's side, so despite the dead windshield it wasn't horribly in my face. It also didn't crumble thanks to the lamination. Other shards of side window glass were sticky though, and I've been pulling them out of my hair for a day.

Hospital in San Bernardino released me at 5am and kicked me out to the curb. Waited an hour for the bus, took the commuter train then an express bus that dropped me near my place. Got home around 9am. Rolled into the office at like 10:30, did the lunch thing almost falling asleep, then went home shortly thereafter. Mostly back to normal now, believe it or not.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
klezman wrote:Well, it landed on the driver's side, so despite the dead windshield it wasn't horribly in my face. It also didn't crumble thanks to the lamination. Other shards of side window glass were sticky though, and I've been pulling them out of my hair for a day.

Hospital in San Bernardino released me at 5am and kicked me out to the curb. Waited an hour for the bus, took the commuter train then an express bus that dropped me near my place. Got home around 9am. Rolled into the office at like 10:30, did the lunch thing almost falling asleep, then went home shortly thereafter. Mostly back to normal now, believe it or not.



Yeesh, glad you're okay. Sorry about your car.

I do find it funny though every car accident update wine wooters post include wine status.

CT

tiger7610


quality posts: 16 Private Messages tiger7610

When I had my car accident in Buffalo 2 years ago, I was on my way to find Fedex to pick up wine. To this day I still dont know where that fedex store is located. I had to ask d-dog to go and pick up my wine, since I didnt have a car for a while.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tenuki wrote:Yeesh, glad you're okay. Sorry about your car.

I do find it funny though every car accident update wine wooters post include wine status.




Not every one .... though a few posts away mentioned that there would be a requirement that "the new wheels have room to haul around my wine stash".


Of course, if there had been wine in the car at the time, it would have been mentioned.


Edit: Although there was plenty of discussion about how my wine was transported (a car seat was mentioned).

Although of other interest in that week (between the accident post and the car pics) were links to a Port Brownie (TO Pig Stai) and Sanity's port soaked cherry brownies recipes and a listing of PS Ports.


Edit2: Speaking of Sanity's Port soaked cherry brownies, did I miss that on Saturday? Because I sure don't remember seeing them.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
MarkDaSpark wrote:Not every one .... though a few posts away mentioned that there would be a requirement that "the new wheels have room to haul around my wine stash".



In light of the holiday weekend coming up, I would be very happy to hear no one got into any accidents on Tuesday. (Yeah, I worry about you guys.)

Be safe, cyberpub!
edit: Port soaked cherry brownies... that sounds delicious, putting those on the to try list.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Not every one .... though a few posts away mentioned that there would be a requirement that "the new wheels have room to haul around my wine stash".


Of course, if there had been wine in the car at the time, it would have been mentioned.


Edit: Although there was plenty of discussion about how my wine was transported (a car seat was mentioned).

Although of other interest in that week (between the accident post and the car pics) were links to a Port Brownie (TO Pig Stai) and Sanity's port soaked cherry brownies recipes and a listing of PS Ports.


Edit2: Speaking of Sanity's Port soaked cherry brownies, did I miss that on Saturday? Because I sure don't remember seeing them.



port soaked cherry brownies??!! If they were there sat. I missed them too!!

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mommadeb1 wrote:port soaked cherry brownies??!! If they were there sat. I missed them too!!


Me three. I think she opted for that pecan pie which was amazing. But now I want port soaked cherry brownies too!!!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
CAGrl wrote:Me three. I think she opted for that pecan pie which was amazing. But now I want port soaked cherry brownies too!!!



I'm going to have to make that pie... It won't be as good as Sanity made it... but I have to try!!

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

I've made the port soaked cherry brownies with ganache frosting for every woot gathering (the recipe and/or link are on the boards here somewhere); I thought maybe people might be bored with them, so I made the pie. mommadeb, it really is easy to make, and it will turn out just as good. This recipe link takes you to page 14 of this thread

The chocolate mousse cake that imagine brought was tasty, too!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
sanity wrote:I've made the port soaked cherry brownies with ganache frosting for every woot gathering (the recipe and/or link are on the boards here somewhere); I thought maybe people might be bored with them, so I made the pie. mommadeb, it really is easy to make, and it will turn out just as good. [url=http://wine.woot.com/Forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=4833104&PageIndex=14&ReplyCount=593#post5005618]The recipe link is on page 14 of this thread]/url]

The chocolate mousse cake that imagine brought was tasty, too!



Everything was tasty!!! I am printing recipes out and might try some this weekend!

klezman


quality posts: 118 Private Messages klezman

Update: at least one of my two hand-delivered bottles of TO Graciano are cooked. I found a lovely wine stain on the pair of shorts that was next to one of the bottles Hopefully it only got one of the bottles and not both, and hopefully most of the Cyberpub wine is still happy.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
klezman wrote:Update: at least one of my two hand-delivered bottles of TO Graciano are cooked. I found a lovely wine stain on the pair of shorts that was next to one of the bottles Hopefully it only got one of the bottles and not both, and hopefully most of the Cyberpub wine is still happy.



Can take a Graciano off me assuming CAGrl doesn't cook all my wine as well ;)

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:Update: at least one of my two hand-delivered bottles of TO Graciano are cooked. I found a lovely wine stain on the pair of shorts that was next to one of the bottles Hopefully it only got one of the bottles and not both, and hopefully most of the Cyberpub wine is still happy.



Sadness. Too bad you didn't call me on Monday. I could have picked up your wine on the way back from Vegas. Didn't get on the road back til after 11am.


Although, are you sure it was a wine stain in your shorts??


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
klezman wrote:Update: at least one of my two hand-delivered bottles of TO Graciano are cooked. I found a lovely wine stain on the pair of shorts that was next to one of the bottles Hopefully it only got one of the bottles and not both, and hopefully most of the Cyberpub wine is still happy.



Just get in touch with Jeff. After hearing your story of having just had your wine hand delivered by Cat, I'm positive he'll replace most if not all of it. He's good like that. Plus you've had dinner at his house. You're good buddies.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
tenuki wrote:Can take a Graciano off me assuming CAGrl doesn't cook all my wine as well ;)


Already all cooked. So no wine for tenuki.