tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
sanity wrote:For tenuki, breakfast will be combined with lunch after the bottling, lol.

I'm bringing fruit, bread and wine to the bottling, and sparky is also bringing wine. Would you like to meet earlier for breakfast?

Haha, umm, I could try to make breakfast somewhere. Though yeah, most likely I'd sleep through it.

I did forget to bring previous cyberpub blends though . Some other trip ...

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tenuki wrote:Haha, umm, I could try to make breakfast somewhere. Though yeah, most likely I'd sleep through it.

Dagnabit!!! Forgot to grab the 2010 CP Blend!!

Ah well. So, I'll bring a white and the 2011 CP Blend tomorrow? Anything else?

Made it later than I hoped. Should have gotten to bed earlier last night, and moved quicker this morning. Oh well. Will hit the hay in a few.

Oh, and I passed a Wine.Woot! vehicle on the way here. It wasn't klez, so I wonder who else was coming from SoCal. Dark (Black?) SUV with a Claremont license plate frame and a volleyball/soccer sticker (IIRC).

Edit: And I had already passed them when I realized I should have taken a picture! Doh! And they were going so slow, I couldn't drop back behind them.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:Travel was going too well. Despite HaK having a delay, his pilot made up most of the time so it didn't count as "trouble". The computers are down for Alamo, so they're doing everything manually. And there's only 4 agents. And dozens of customers. They're thinking it'll be about an hour before we get our car.

Sigh.

Glad to hear that HAK made it in, too. We had a major delay once at Alamo--that was when they were updating their system. It's nasty when you're still on Eastern time. Good luck!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:It's not much, but it's tasty - I'm bringing out a TO Grenache Blanc.

Sparky, are you bringing my Concannon PS Chocolate Syrup? Do I still owe you for that or did I PayPal you?

Oh crap, boarding...

Oh crap, it's still at home (along with the 2010 Blend)! Because someone forgot to remind me I needed to bring it before I left!!!

And I think you still owe me, but since I didn't bring it ..... will check when I get home. Pretty sure you didn't, because I need to get you the exact cost (I think I quoted you the amount on the receipt, which was all weird, because they discounted everything very strangely. But they did discount it!) that I paid for it.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Haha, umm, I could try to make breakfast somewhere. Though yeah, most likely I'd sleep through it.

What room? I can always come and bang on your door ...

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

Just landed, time to get rental car and head to hotel before figuring tonight out!

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5 NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

MarkDaSpark

Oh, and I suggest everyone download the Bump App from their appropriate App Store (iPhone or Android).

Makes it a snap (well, a bump) to exchange phone numbers and other info.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

Well I had the best of intentions to meet up with CAGrl and mommadeb but fell asleep. I'm now in for the night.

Mewalk, if you still have my# call me in the morm. Not sure which buffets are cheap, most are cheaper for breakfast. Maybe sanity will chime in.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

We made it.! Spent some tome with cagrl and tenuki can't wait to see everyone tomorrow! Night all

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
Imagine4vr wrote:Well I had the best of intentions to meet up with CAGrl and mommadeb but fell asleep. I'm now in for the night.

Mewalk, if you still have my# call me in the morm. Not sure which buffets are cheap, most are cheaper for breakfast. Maybe sanity will chime in.

If any of you want to do buffets, check out the Buffet of Buffets deal, $45, for 24 hours for several buffets. I don't remember which buffets, Harrah's and Rio and many others.

imho the best bet if you want to ordering off the menu instead of a buffet at a reasonable price on the strip is to do the cafes.

Or, there are several good breakfast places in Henderson and near the winery. Check out Yelp.

tenuki

Imagine4vr wrote:Well I had the best of intentions to meet up with CAGrl and mommadeb but fell asleep. I'm now in for the night.

No idea if it's good but just drove past gold coast which is near rip for you, was like $6 breakfast buffet.

CT

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:What room? I can always come and bang on your door ...

Text is just fine . I'm in 932 though.

CT

mommadeb1

We have room for 2 more if anyone else needs a ride to bottling. Text me.

MarkDaSpark

sanity wrote:edit: Thank you! I enjoy doing this.
...and I was kidding!
Sure, bring 1 to the bottling. Actually, just bring all of your Tablas Creek Whites!!!

Um, err, um ... it'll have to be the Tablas Creek, since somehow (darn butler, Andrew) it didn't make it into the box.

So I'll bring the 2011 Pub Blend and the Tablas Creek white.

And mewalk, I'll bring what's left of your case box tonight to sanity's. Don't want the 3 ... err, 2 bottles to cook in the hot sun during bottling.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

We just finished breakfast here at the resort, after Cat and I made a grocery store run. Eggs, bacon, toast, & OJ. All the necessities.

We'll see everyone at the bottling!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
klezman wrote:I am stronger than physics!
I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

molarchae wrote:The hiccups are not due to my drunken(hic)ness.

MarkDaSpark

About the only safe picture I can post, and even then I'm not sure about it!!!

And yes, that is the TO Chicken finishing off the TO bottle!

Just glad what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Because the stories we can tell ...

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
MarkDaSpark wrote:

About the only safe picture I can post, and even then I'm not sure about it!!!

And yes, that is the TO Chicken finishing off the TO bottle!

Just glad what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Because the stories we can tell ...

Another Nooooooooing monkey orgy!

Sanity, love you!! Do I have your right number? Tried texting you...

sanity

mewalk707 wrote:Another Nooooooooing monkey orgy!

Sanity, love you!! Do I have your right number? Tried texting you...

Back atcha! No text, I'll pm you my #.

tenuki

sanity wrote:Back atcha! No text, I'll pm you my #.

Sorry I'm missing the fun tonight (but I made my flight!). Last night was a blast and the trip today was cool. Took a few pics from my phone but of course I got my thumb in a lot of them trying to make sure my phone didn't blow away (that's my excuse anyway). Great to have more faces too!

CT

sanity

tenuki wrote:Sorry I'm missing the fun tonight (but I made my flight!). Last night was a blast and the trip today was cool. Took a few pics from my phone but of course I got my thumb in a lot of them trying to make sure my phone didn't blow away (that's my excuse anyway). Great to have more faces too!

Well, you got to travel in style in that convertible!

Great to see faces new and familiar! What a fun weekend!

Our wine - pleasant aroma, nice flavor, no body...very thin, little viscosity, the wine is very clear, too clear imho. Lower alcohol than before. It will be interesting to see how it develops over the next few months.

MarkDaSpark

sanity wrote:Well, you got to travel in style in that convertible!

Our wine - pleasant aroma, nice flavor, no body...very thin, little viscosity, the wine is very clear, too clear imho. Lower alcohol than before. It will be interesting to see how it develops over the next few months.

Feeling better now. Needed a major nap for some reason.

You have PM.

tenuki

sanity wrote:Well, you got to travel in style in that convertible!

Beautiful day, cute girl, and the top down are always a good combination .

Thanks again for hosting, and making the lamb you know I love!

Edit: also got current offering, most people is split with are in Vegas so probably doing your own splits already but if anyone wants a couple ...

CT

Imagine4vr

tenuki wrote:Beautiful day, cute girl, and the top down are always a good combination .

Thanks again for hosting, and making the lamb you know I love!

Edit: also got current offering, most people is split with are in Vegas so probably doing your own splits already but if anyone wants a couple ...

I will take a couple - we can trade the lhv sanity has at her house if you would like.

tenuki

Imagine4vr wrote:I will take a couple - we can trade the lhv sanity has at her house if you would like.

Sounds good. I'm horrible at remembering these things though so remind me

CT

MarkDaSpark

Bueller?? err, Breakfast? Breakfast??

Edit:

And now, as we leave the beautiful land of Vegas, the grateful natives line the shores and chant, "Mother F_____, Mother F_____"

Can anyone name the book that quote (well not the Vegas part) is lifted from?

Bottle of Vinito del Finito to the first one. Shipping costs are your responsibility.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Bueller?? err, Breakfast? Breakfast??

Edit:

And now, as we leave the beautiful land of Vegas, the grateful natives line the shores and chant, "Mother F_____, Mother F_____"

Can anyone name the book that quote (well not the Vegas part) is lifted from?

Bottle of Vinito del Finito to the first one. Shipping costs are your responsibility.

M.A.S.H.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Imagine4vr

Hope everyone made it home alright. Was great to meet everyone - sucked to have been sick and missed the party though.

A huge thank you to sanity and mr.sanity for all the work to organize and put together our wine-making adventures.

tenuki, I'll remind you. thanks!

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:M.A.S.H.

Ding, ding, ding! So where should I send the bottle (contents not included. )

MarkDaSpark

Imagine4vr wrote:Hope everyone made it home alright. Was great to meet everyone - sucked to have been sick and missed the party though.

A huge thank you to sanity and mr.sanity for all the work to organize and put together our wine-making adventures.

tenuki, I'll remind you. thanks!

Home, sweet home.

Sorry to miss seeing you at the party. But glad you made it to the bottling.

And as you said, thanks a whole bunch to sanity & mr. sanity for hosting!

Nice to meet MommaDeb and Mr. MommaDeb!

sanity

The Menu:
Crackers and cheese and asst dips
pickled olives and mushrooms
pickled carrots
Herb Bread with shallot/herb butter
Mache salad with potatoes and bacon
Grilled lamb coated with a mustard/rosemary rub.
A beautiful chocolate mousse cake from Manon Bakery, courtesy of imagine4vr!
Espresso Caramel Chocolate Pecan Pie

Here are some of the requested recipes from Saturday night:
The salad was from a recipe from Epic Roots, a website devoted to promoting a baby lettuce called mache. I really enjoy this lettuce, and it is such a simple dish.

These are the alterations I made:

Less oil and more vinegar (I use the fresh Olio Nuovo)
good quality balsamic vinegar instead of red wine vinegar
fresh thyme or basil

The dip for the fresh fruit is my own concoction:
16 ounces sour cream or creme fraiche
zest from one orange (use 1/2 to start, add more to taste)
1 -2 tablespoons orange juice
1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
Angostura Bitters to taste (10 drops or more)

Whisk ingredients together. Chill.

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman

Great to meet new people and see old friends. Thanks to sanity for hosting a wonderful evening and organizing our CyberPub wines!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

molarchae

quality posts: 4 Private Messages molarchae

So great to see everyone again, and meet some new folks!

I had a fabulous time in fabulous Las Vegas, and look forward to seeing all you lovely folks again sometime soon.

Thanks again to everyone involved, especially Sanity and Mr. Sanity for their gracious hosting and organizational work.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Finally got in last night at 11 and just crashed. Was exhausted. But I had a really great first Vegas gathering.

Thanks to Sanity and Mr. Sanity for all that they did! Also thanks to HAK and Cheron for hosting dinner on Sunday night.

It was good to meet everyone I hadn't before and it was nice to see the ones I know again.

cheron98

Another wonderful weekend in Vegas! So glad to have been able to meet the new faces, awesome to see the familiar ones again

sanity & mr. Sanity, thank you for your excellent hosting, and for the MOST excellent bike ride. The Valley of Fire trip is not one I'll soon forget.

Mommadeb, your accent has been assimilated into my collective. HAK can attest.

mommadeb1

We finally made it home at almost 2am...by the time I made it to bed it was almost 3..... man it really sucked when the alarm went off at 6 this morning!!! But It was well worth it!! We had so much fun!!! Thanks to all who made us feel welcomed!! Sparky and Imagine and Mewalk sorry we didn't get to say our goodbyes!!

Sanity and Mr. Sanity : you sure are great hosts!! The food was soo yummy!!!

As of now we are planning on making it to the wine dinner and next crush!!!

I raise my glass and toast to new friendships and many more Vegas trips!!

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Another wonderful weekend in Vegas! So glad to have been able to meet the new faces, awesome to see the familiar ones again

sanity & mr. Sanity, thank you for your excellent hosting, and for the MOST excellent bike ride. The Valley of Fire trip is not one I'll soon forget.

Mommadeb, your accent has been assimilated into my collective. HAK can attest.

should I be afraid? ha ha ha

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:should I be afraid? ha ha ha

So where's your accent from originally?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Finally got home about 45 minutes ago. Only been traveling since 7am Vegas time. Oiy! Stupid FLL (where I had to change planes for my trip home) and whatever MASSIVE system issues and delays they had. Nearly every flight in & out of the airport had super huge delays and/or cancellations. My 5:55pm flight was delayed til 10pm'ish. I ended up hopping standby over to Tampa to then get me home from there. Saved me from having to sit around FLL for over 4 hours (and eat dinner there) to instead getting to ISP earlier (which made it so my mom didn't have to come get me after midnight) and then I ate dinner near the airport to then go back to the airport at 12:35am to pick up my luggage which arrived on the original flight.

Time for sleep. Then up for work tomorrow. Gonna be a crappy day of being a zombie, I'm sure.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings