+ Add a Comment

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

If something happens Friday let me know, but I might be watching pool depending how friends are doing. I'll be around though.

CT

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
CAGrl wrote:That'll work. Where are you staying?

Staying at Harrahs. Where are you? Sent you a pm with my cell phone and also to mommadeb.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
klezman wrote:If I'm driving, probably not arriving until at least 8pm, although depends when I leave. If a nice last minute flight deal pops up I may take that.

HAK & I are getting in by 8:30ish on our respective flights. Since you're sharing with us, unsure if you'll be able to check in w/o him. I can give you the task of breakfast and snack grocery shopping at the nearby Vans

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
Imagine4vr wrote:Staying at Harrahs. Where are you? Sent you a pm with my cell phone and also to mommadeb.

Pm'd you back. I am staying a La Quinta which is walking distance (long but doable) to Harrahs.

klezman

quality posts: 118 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:HAK & I are getting in by 8:30ish on our respective flights. Since you're sharing with us, unsure if you'll be able to check in w/o him. I can give you the task of breakfast and snack grocery shopping at the nearby Vans

That's good to know! I'm sure LA traffic will ensure I don't get there much before then.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki

cheron98 wrote:HAK & I are getting in by 8:30ish on our respective flights. Since you're sharing with us, unsure if you'll be able to check in w/o him. I can give you the task of breakfast and snack grocery shopping at the nearby Vans

Oh right, I did book a place so won't be taking the couch.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

replied to pm's.... our flight lands around 4:45
we will have a car. we would be up for dinner friday....

Please, pm me phone #'s.

I can't believe in just a couple of days we will be in Vegas!!!

CAGrl

mommadeb1 wrote:replied to pm's.... our flight lands around 4:45
we will have a car. we would be up for dinner friday....

Please, pm me phone #'s.

I can't believe in just a couple of days we will be in Vegas!!!

Pm'd ya back. I was saying meeting at Harrahs would be good. I can walk there from my hotel.

mommadeb1

I just saw a commercial for the music Billboard awards... Did I see/hear correctly, it is live from Vegas on Sunday?!! If yes, people watching will be really fun!!!

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:Pm'd ya back. I was saying meeting at Harrahs would be good. I can walk there from my hotel.

got it and replied... thanks!!

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa
tenuki wrote:Oh right, I did book a place so won't be taking the couch.

where did you end up booking?

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5 NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

I suppose I should book a hotel ....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki

sukeiasa wrote:where did you end up booking?

LVH, used to be the Hilton. Have a deal from their player club, and Saturday price was killing me everywhere else so ...

CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
tenuki wrote:LVH, used to be the Hilton. Have a deal from their player club, and Saturday price was killing me everywhere else so ...

Ok, looks like your exactly 2 miles from us.
Map from Desert Club to LVH

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
CAGrl wrote:So what time is everyone getting int? I'm getting in Friday afternoon and was wondering what the plan was. So excited for my first Vegas gathering!

So excited too! We'll be getting in late on friday so no dinner for us. If we decide to go out for a drink I will call around looking for you guys.

We leave on Wednesday... did I mention how excited I am?!?

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:I suppose I should book a hotel ....

I think that would be a great idea...!

mommadeb1

sanity, how late do you work on friday? Can you have dinner with the group!!

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

I'm excited to see all of you! It's been far too long.

I'll be done with work in the late afternoon and then be busy getting everything ready for Saturday, so I'll miss a Friday evening get-together. Y'all have fun and don't drink too much!

To the bottling I'll be bringing a wine aperitif, and some kind of munchies to go with it. You may want to get lunch on the way to bowling or at Red Rock. Directly across the street are several eateries, including Fast Food. A long block east, many more eateries are available.

mommadeb1

sanity wrote:I'm excited to see all of you! It's been far too long.

I'll be done with work in the late afternoon and then be busy getting everything ready for Saturday, so I'll miss a Friday evening get-together. Y'all have fun and don't drink too much!

To the bottling I'll be bringing a wine aperitif, and some kind of munchies to go with it. You may want to get lunch on the way to bowling or at Red Rock. Directly across the street are several eateries, including Fast Food. A long block east, many more eateries are available.

do you need any help friday? Should we plan on bringing some munchies as well to the bottling?

sanity

mommadeb1 wrote:do you need any help friday? Should we plan on bringing some munchies as well to the bottling?

No, thank you, I have help, and what I'll be bringing will be sufficient. Space and time are limited becasue other bottlings are taking place after ours. We'll do lunch after.

mommadeb1

sanity wrote:No, thank you, I have help, and what I'll be bringing will be sufficient. Space and time are limited becasue other bottlings are taking place after ours. We'll do lunch after.

great, thanks again for getting everything set up!!

mewalk707

MarkDaSpark wrote:

Days to go!!!!

???

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:???

Countdown. Vegas plus the number of days to go. Duh.

oops, forgot Sunday's and Monday's countdowns

And then there's today's!!

days to go!!

Looks to be hot this weekend. 90° on Friday , 91° on Saturday, and 96° on Sunday. Around 70° each night.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mewalk707

MarkDaSpark wrote:Countdown. Vegas plus the number of days to go. Duh.

oops, forgot Sunday's and Monday's countdowns

I knew what it was. I was wondering why you were slacking!! Duh.

CAGrl

mewalk707 wrote:I knew what it was. I was wondering why you were slacking!! Duh.

So was I.

MarkDaSpark

mewalk707 wrote:I knew what it was. I was wondering why you were slacking!! Duh.

Oops ... I think I hear the last of your bottles evaporating as I type this.

Oh, and what Woot Monkeys am I supposed to be bringing for people?

sanity

MarkDaSpark wrote:
.....Looks to be hot this weekend. 90° on Friday , 91° on Saturday, and 96° on Sunday. Around 70° each night.

oh, pshaw, that's not hot. That's balmy weather for us. Though the 2% humidity we had yesterday was a killer.

Imagine4vr

sanity wrote:oh, pshaw, that's not hot. That's balmy weather for us. Though the 2% humidity we had yesterday was a killer.

Funny, I was thinking almost the same thing and this weekend will be a break from the heat! 104 here right now, 6% humidity.

sukeiasa

trish,
just a heads up, i got the shipping confirmation that the package should be arriving on the 17th.

now to stop procrastinating and find a place to stay/decide whether to rent a car...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5 NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

CAGrl

So on Saturday we drive ourselves to the bottling? If so, would anybody be willing to drive me?

mommadeb1

2% humidity? oh the horror for you!! ha ha ha ha I can't wait to be in such low moisture!!

mommadeb1

CAGrl wrote:So on Saturday we drive ourselves to the bottling? If so, would anybody be willing to drive me?

we will have a car if you need a ride..

mommadeb1

ok official aggghhh time..... what is everyone planning on wearing? I don't want to be under/overdressed? What is the dress code for bottling, dinner at sanaties,,..sunday night dinner? help me out... I don't want to look foolish....esp... for just meeting everyone!!

sanity

mommadeb1 wrote:ok official aggghhh time..... what is everyone planning on wearing? I don't want to be under/overdressed? What is the dress code for bottling, dinner at sanaties,,..sunday night dinner? help me out... I don't want to look foolish....esp... for just meeting everyone!!

Check out these posts:

cheron98 wrote:For the bottling - something comfortable that you won't mind having destroyed should there be a mishap and wine gets all over you.

Bowling... um, whatever you typically wear for bowling. Like the bowling shirts. Or something.

Jeans are pretty standard. I'm unsure how nice Fogo is, but I know when I go to the churrascaria by me I typically like to dress a little nicer (khakis/trousers), although jeans generally work there too. With a nice top.

tenuki wrote:.....

Mommadeb - it's a pretty casual weekend, though now that you bring it up I'm like hmm, maybe I've been underdressed on my woot shirts . More importantly though, Vegas is already in the 90's and a desert, so you want light stuff for the days and something heavier for nights.

Really, very casual, jeans, shorts are fine for everything. Don't dress up just for us! (;

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Oops ... I think I hear the last of your bottles evaporating as I type this.

Oh, and what Woot Monkeys am I supposed to be bringing for people?

The latest 1 or 2 for me, I think...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

sanity wrote:Really, very casual, jeans, shorts are fine for everything. Don't dress up just for us! (;

thanks don't know how I missed some of those posts!! I feel better now

MarkDaSpark

sanity wrote:oh, pshaw, that's not hot. That's balmy weather for us. Though the 2% humidity we had yesterday was a killer.

You forget that us SoCal Wooters (zTimBz and I especially) are tender flowers. We don't do well in cold or hot.

I'm planning on shorts the whole time. Well, maybe long pants for Fogo. Maybe.

I'm at the LVH as well, so I can give rides on Saturday for bottling & bowling if you are close.

Imagine4vr

Just fyi Fogo closes at 9pm on Sunday.

CAGrl

So I have a car, but I would really rather not be driving for the weekend since I don't have GPS in my car and knowing me I would totally get lost. I am staying at the La Quinta so it's not far off the strip if people wouldn't mind shuttling me around for the weekend. I can walk to the hotels on the strip because I've done that before and it wasn't so bad.

By the way with Fogo closing at 9:00 should we make dinner a little bit earlier, say like 7 or 7:30?

sukeiasa

just finished booking hotel...
will be at westin friday night (gotta get those spg credits)
and then at the lvh for the next two nights (hotwire mystery deal, 4star east of strip, about $50/night)

still debating over getting a rental....