cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Need a date. Must provide a date. Please pick a date.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ratnikov

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ratnikov

Hey guys,

Haven't caught up with the posts just yet, but thought I'd chime in that I'm well and am extremely excited about another wine woot event. :D

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
inkycatz wrote:

Chastened!

signed.

gijose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gijose

I'd be interested in going depending on the date

NYC!

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg
cheron98 wrote:Need a date. Must provide a date. Please pick a date.

Good idea. We're going away next week, so when we get back, we'll take a serious look at our calendar and see if and when we can host. We just sat 14 adults (and 5 kids) comfortably for the Super Bowl, so we're thinking we can fit up to 20.

Top post has been updated.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Okay, so I'm beginning to pack things up for my move from CA to NY... I'm bringing about 2 cases of wine with me, and the rest is staying here in cellar storage. It's starting to look like I'll be out there in early March, and will be visiting CA for the month of July. Should I be looking to bring along some wines for this meet on the current trip out, or should I wait until after July to decide what to bring?

Also, any recommendations on what to bring?

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

1) Y'all need to pick a date.

2) I like the "Black Tie" idea, but you should drop the Napa restriction. Instead, encourage people to bring that "special" bottle (from anywhere) that they're holding for some "special" occasion and make this the occasion.
After all, you can't take it with you.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

mikegberg

iByron wrote:1) Y'all need to pick a date.

2) I like the "Black Tie" idea, but you should drop the Napa restriction. Instead, encourage people to bring that "special" bottle (from anywhere) that they're holding for some "special" occasion and make this the occasion.
After all, you can't take it with you.

iByron

We just got back home... we'll throw a few dates out there when we have time to look at our calendar. With two young kids, this is not as easy as it sounds.

In the meantime, we're fine with someone else stepping in as host and we can delay our tasting to the summer.

Itwdswafo

I'm moving to NY on Monday.... my "cellar" wines are staying here in CA. If someone wants to choose a bottle for me to bring, go for it... see CT link below.

dsapp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp

Have you guys picked a date yet? Depending on the date, we'd like to join.

rpm

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm

Depending on when, where, and what's being tasted, I could be tempted.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

mikegberg

rpm wrote:Depending on when, where, and what's being tasted, I could be tempted.

Now that's what I call motivation.

How does 3/31 in Southern Westchester work for everyone? We can tinker with the theme as we decide who's coming.

Itwdswafo

That (tentatively) sounds good for me. I'll have my full schedule in about two weeks, and I'll be able to definitively confirm that date.

Edit: Though I can say for certain that I can do April 7th.

dsapp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp

April 7th works better for me too, though it us the day before Easter.

Itwdswafo

dsapp wrote:April 7th works better for me too, though it us the day before Easter.

Ooops, forgot that was a holiday weekend. Guess that's why I have it free

mikegberg

dsapp wrote:April 7th works better for me too, though it us the day before Easter.

Bergs cannot do April 6, 7, or 13th. We can attend, but not host, the 14th. See theological discussion above.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

March 31st might be a little difficult, but I could probably make it if I had to. Though in talking with Cesare, I believe they can't do that day.
Personally, I think I'd prefer if we tried to do 4/14. I'm sure we could get Cesare to host.
And if flight rates aren't too horrendous and it can work with her work schedule, I might even be able to get Cat out to join us. I know she'd love a Black Tie type tasting event, plus I'd be more inclined to open a nicer wine (that I might otherwise had wanted to save) if she were able to partake.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mikegberg

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Personally, I think I'd prefer if we tried to do 4/14. I'm sure we could get Cesare to host.

Unfortunately, in the interim, something else came up that may exclude me from 4/14. But if that date works, go with it, and we'll host sometime in the future.

If that's what ends up happening, start a new thread so that you can update the lead post without me.

iByron

I'm generally good most of April except for the last weekend. Also, an April event would mean I can get down to DC to pick up any Black Tie items there if need be.

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

mgberg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mgberg
mikegberg wrote:INTERESTED:[/b]
mikegberg+1
HitAnyKey42
cheron98 (after April)
fcherena+1
beefytaco
Itwdswafo (after April)
iByron
canonizer
klezman
mschauber
InFrom (? posted but never declared interest)
ratnikov
gijose

i'm in, depending on the date. the '+1' probably is out

cheron98

Ok.. so... can we nail down a date? I'm going to need to fly out and I'd like to get that set up sooner rather than later. We're just 2 days away from March now...

cheron98

cheron98 wrote:Ok.. so... can we nail down a date? I'm going to need to fly out and I'd like to get that set up sooner rather than later. We're just 2 days away from March now...

You know what. I'm picking a date for you and you'll all have to figure it out for hosting or whatever. April 21st. Flights are awesome cheap that weekend.

April 21st.

Agreed? Can I book my flight now?

HitAnyKey42

cheron98 wrote:April 21st.

I was even going to suggest that before you started posting this morning, since mike could no longer do the 14th. You just beat me to it.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

mikegberg

cheron98 wrote:April 21st.

Agreed? Can I book my flight now?

Looks good on our calendar. We will tentatively agree to host and can accommodate 20 people.

I will update the top post shortly.

mgberg wrote:

Well, this isn't confusing at all...

mikegberg

iByron (and everyone from the last tasting), I bought two more bottles of the Burgundy I brought last time. Though this doesn't necessarily fit the theme, we can see if a three-hour decant helps it along. And we can lay the second one down for another tasting in the future.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

Please mark me as "interested", will try to firm things up shortly.

iByron

mikegberg wrote:iByron (and everyone from the last tasting), I bought two more bottles of the Burgundy I brought last time. Though this doesn't necessarily fit the theme, we can see if a three-hour decant helps it along. And we can lay the second one down for another tasting in the future.

Mike,

"Black Tie" is a relative term. That Burg sounds like a good fit to me.

And the 21st of April looks good. I'll mark my calendar. Me +1 (hopefully Jarrod).

iByron

Your Private WIneaux

afranke

quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke

Glad to see these are still happening, though I never really doubted. I don't think I will be able to make it to this one, but it sounds like a blast!

Hope y'all are well!

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Unfortunately without a vehicle, anything outside the NYC subway coverage area will be out for me.

I'd be happy to host something in NYC at some point. I'd have to limit it to 12-15 people though since I don't have a huge apartment.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

mikegberg

mschauber wrote:Unfortunately without a vehicle, anything outside the NYC subway coverage area will be out for me.

I'd be happy to host something in NYC at some point. I'd have to limit it to 12-15 people though since I don't have a huge apartment.

PM for you.

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

Damn.

Beth and I will be out of town on the 21st. We decided to be "spontaneous" on Saturday and cashed in all of our Amex Points for an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico that week.

Have fun!

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

ratnikov

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ratnikov

April 21st sounds good to me.

Now off to try to find a qualifying bottle of wine...

HitAnyKey42

beefytaco wrote:Damn.

Beth and I will be out of town on the 21st. We decided to be "spontaneous" on Saturday and cashed in all of our Amex Points for an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico that week.

Have fun!

Now you know not to be spontaneous without first checking the Woot forums.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Now you know not to be spontaneous without first checking the Woot forums.

I was looking forward to drinking some nice juice!

As an aside: local folks, hurry up and make your reservation for the annual Chambers / Dressner tasting. The best $10 that I spend each year.
http://www.chambersstwines.com/Article.asp?id=768

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

HitAnyKey42

beefytaco wrote: I was looking forward to drinking some nice juice!

And I was looking forward to sharing some nice juice with you.
Next time, I guess.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

cheron98

Not that anyone cares, but my flight is all set (has been for a few days) and my schedule is thus:

April 21, DTW -> LGA, arrival 4:40PM
April 24, LGA -> DTW, departure 7:30AM (ugh)

Depending on start time of the evening, HAK & I will likely be looking for someone to have dinner with pre-event. Also, I'm going to have a couple of bottles for Loweeel with me, so if someone who's in the city more often could volunteer to collect them and eventually find him and get them to him, I would be most appreciative.

mikegberg

beefytaco wrote:Damn.

Have fun!

We're sorry to hear you won't be joining us. Have a good trip. We'll be looking forward to the rum tasting at your place.

cheron98

mikegberg wrote:We're sorry to hear you won't be joining us. Have a good trip. We'll be looking forward to the rum tasting at your place.

rum tasting whatnow?

mikegberg

cheron98 wrote:rum tasting whatnow?

What kind of friend would he be if he went to Puerto Rico and didn't have us all over for a rum tasting?

cheron98

mikegberg wrote:What kind of friend would he be if he went to Puerto Rico and didn't have us all over for a rum tasting?

I do like the way you think!