WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Wine-Offs are...
  • 26.2% - ...tough on my pocketbook. 420
  • 6.6% - ...too much trouble to follow. 106
  • 46.1% - ...worth checking in on once or twice. 739
  • 6.4% - ...when I know it's OK to ignore Wine.Woot for a couple of days. 102
  • 14.7% - ...huh? 236
1603 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

khanmo01


quality posts: 1 Private Messages khanmo01

I really wish they had some hard liquor to offer here. I would love some Jameson woot right about now.

captivity


quality posts: 6 Private Messages captivity

I seriously just bought 6 bags of pistachios for almost $80. Like. really woot? My husband is gonna kill me.

If he ever finishes these pistachios...

Like, they're delicious...

Seriously, the best pistachios ever...

I've tried a lot of pistachios...

Great for the primal diet too...

WHY HAVEN'T THEY SHIPPED YET?

wolodkin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolodkin

A pain mostly, the horrible state that I live in won't let me have wine shipped to me. Just think of the evil the state averts by forbidding the shipping of wine.

I have gone in for the occasional cheese wheel and other sundry items, but the wine, the wine woots are simply great deals I cannot enjoy.

coynedj


quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
wolodkin wrote:A pain mostly, the horrible state that I live in won't let me have wine shipped to me. Just think of the evil the state averts by forbidding the shipping of wine.

I have gone in for the occasional cheese wheel and other sundry items, but the wine, the wine woots are simply great deals I cannot enjoy.



My state has never been on the ship-to list either - that's why wootleggers are great people to know, if you're close enough to another state/frequently travel to states without antediluvian legislators.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

seahokedrama


quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

I can't drink beer or wine anymore- makes my legs and feet hurt at night and I don't sleep!

Other alcohol doesn't have the same effect. When is Wine.Woot going to offer Kalhua, Amaretto, Tripple Sec, etc...

THEN you'll have me.

a04971xx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx
coynedj wrote:My state has never been on the ship-to list either - that's why wootleggers are great people to know, if you're close enough to another state/frequently travel to states without antediluvian legislators.



he he he. i live where the wine comes all the time

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Boring when you're on a SIWBM.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

wakingmind


quality posts: 3 Private Messages wakingmind

I love the wine woot-offs for...

the non-wine items.

I love them, that and the chance to get some mead shipped to my door!

bspiegel21


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bspiegel21

Bad for my alcoholism

whataruckus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages whataruckus

"Unavailable in my area."

lobstrain


quality posts: 11 Private Messages lobstrain

More like Whine-Offs amirite?!

justinrsanderson


quality posts: 1 Private Messages justinrsanderson

A bit frustrating, because the deals I'm interested I usually missed.

This one I would have purchased the Rasmussen Port, Jana Cathedral, and maybe the herb garden.

"If it smells done, it's done. If it smells burnt, it's burnt. If it don't smell, it ain't done yet."

ic2064


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ic2064
bspiegel21 wrote:Bad for my alcoholism



Really? They're excellent for my alcoholism. Maintaining it nicely, in fact.

tch0rt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tch0rt

Mostly just a hassle. Its a random crapshoot whether my state is on the delivery list item by item.

fuzzypeaches


quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
coynedj wrote:My state has never been on the ship-to list either - that's why wootleggers are great people to know, if you're close enough to another state/frequently travel to states without antediluvian legislators.



What states won't allow wine to be shipped into them? (Just to satisfy my curiosity)

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

fuzzypeaches


quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Wonder if that little olive tree looks that good upon deliver? Wonder how long it would take me to kill it?

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

jebalaya


quality posts: 8 Private Messages jebalaya

i'm yet to see any REALLY good deals. im so used to $75 items for $20 bucks on the other woots that these $50 items for $40 bucks are just not worth it. A $30 bonsai tree? it's not a good deal in my book.

the wine woot stuff appeals to a market that i dont reside in. im just too cheap.

jason1983


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jason1983

stupid cause ones that I wanted were offered early morning PST. What gives woot? Do you hate us west coast?
I've been tracking all day and you pull these kind of tricks, I'm disappointed...

outdoorslife


quality posts: 8 Private Messages outdoorslife

Although Mass just opened up a bit to directe shipment, I heard its pretty draconian so no one Direct to consumer ships to mass.

NH has been on most lists but for some reason Scott Harvey wines no longer ships to NH, as well as some other winery's.

When its not wine (as in WINE.woot) its not worth looking at…

This particular woot.off has been the worst to date. so far.

chalion


quality posts: 8 Private Messages chalion
wolodkin wrote:A pain mostly, the horrible state that I live in won't let me have wine shipped to me. Just think of the evil the state averts by forbidding the shipping of wine.

I have gone in for the occasional cheese wheel and other sundry items, but the wine, the wine woots are simply great deals I cannot enjoy.



Same for me, but I would wish that the odd sundry (cheese or pistachios..you know...food?) would be sold in the early evenings.........when I actually would buy them, instead of when i'm at work, where I do not have access to woot in its many forms.

Thank you for letting me rant.


Recommended signature image size is 5k.

gdayranj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gdayranj

Woot, are you listening: According to the link you have posted re: keeping up with the laws of the state re: wine shipping, Maryland HAS started to allow shipment of wine from outside states:
The Old ‘Wine’ State: Maryland to Open to Direct Wine Shipments

What gives?

jawlz


quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
jebalaya wrote:i'm yet to see any REALLY good deals. im so used to $75 items for $20 bucks on the other woots that these $50 items for $40 bucks are just not worth it. A $30 bonsai tree? it's not a good deal in my book.

the wine woot stuff appeals to a market that i dont reside in. im just too cheap.



The Jana was a really good deal. $60-$75 wine for $27.50+shipping.

jtwigg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtwigg

Too much food/misc. stuff not enough wine.

editorkid


quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid
wakingmind wrote:I love the wine woot-offs for...

the non-wine items.

I love them, that and the chance to get some mead shipped to my door!


Same here! (Except for the mead.) I'd never buy wine online, but I don't mind taking a chance on some interesting cheeses or chocolates or caramels or (hint hint) Extravagonzo oils.

justinrsanderson


quality posts: 1 Private Messages justinrsanderson
chalion wrote:when i'm at work, where I do not have access to woot in its many forms.

Thank you for letting me rant.



Sounds like you need a new job.

"If it smells done, it's done. If it smells burnt, it's burnt. If it don't smell, it ain't done yet."

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
gdayranj wrote:Woot, are you listening: According to the link you have posted re: keeping up with the laws of the state re: wine shipping, Maryland HAS started to allow shipment of wine from outside states:
The Old ‘Wine’ State: Maryland to Open to Direct Wine Shipments

What gives?



Here too?!

Every winery needs to purchase a license for each state. It gets very expensive, not to mention incredibly difficult to keep track of.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
jebalaya wrote:i'm yet to see any REALLY good deals. im so used to $75 items for $20 bucks on the other woots that these $50 items for $40 bucks are just not worth it. A $30 bonsai tree? it's not a good deal in my book.

the wine woot stuff appeals to a market that i dont reside in. im just too cheap.



You really need to factor in shipping costs when evaluating wine.woot deals. Yeah, you might be getting $50 retail value wine for $40, but those 3 or 4 bottles would cost $15-25 to ship depending on a host of factors. Just go onto a winery website and see. The value proposition here is both the deal and the delivery.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman


quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
kylemittskus wrote:Here too?!

Every winery needs to purchase a license for each state. It gets very expensive, not to mention incredibly difficult to keep track of.



How many more of these questions until you blow a gasket?

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

inkwench


quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench

Extremely frustrating.

They never hit when I do have money. I'd love to buy the Ty Caton 3-bee, but right now I'd be stretching to buy a Big Mac.

When I *do* have money, there will be no Wine Woot-off.

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

CatherineB


quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB
inkwench wrote:Extremely frustrating.

They never hit when I do have money. I'd love to buy the Ty Caton 3-bee, but right now I'd be stretching to buy a Big Mac.

When I *do* have money, there will be no Wine Woot-off.



When you *do* have money, take a tip from yer grandma; tuck it into the mattress and fuggitaboutit until the next woot off!

hogfatt


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt

Epic fail on posting an image...

First World Problems

CT Updating, please wait....