kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
ddeuddeg wrote:How about heading off to Buffalo next weekend for some ice wine? wkdpanda still has room in his car.

Good Lord! See what happens when you don't follow the discussion board? I had no idea that there was a gathering brewing. Were I not headed out for Taiwan the following week on family business, I'd insist that wkdpanda place me on his manifest. This instant. What a lovely weekend I'll be missing! :-(

But alas, I am required elsewhere. So drink a toast for me instead and we'll vow to make up for my absence in California in July. I'll buy first round!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
mommadeb1 wrote:I keep telling you.....move south!! It was 76 today!!

I've thought about that since I love to garden and it would be nice to have a long growing season, but my husband (he who hates everything) cannot abide humidity. I think we're a hopeless case.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
chemvictim wrote:I've thought about that since I love to garden and it would be nice to have a long growing season, but my husband (he who hates everything) cannot abide humidity. I think we're a hopeless case.

Move to AZ, it's a dry heat. If you can't stand the really hot temps, there is always northern AZ.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
kkv123 wrote:Say WHAT? Pardon me - I think I have some reading to do.

kkv123, welcome to the boards and the CyberPub! It's good to see you around! There are a few "rules" to posting:

1. Check to make sure that you are posting in the "proper" forum!

2. Check back to see if someone has commented on your post.

3. Check your PMs (that little envelope in the upper right hand corner of the fora page) frequently. Someone may wish to contact you off the boards.

4. Check the Wine.Woot Get Togethers forum that your friend CJ so graciously updates every Sunday and that Sparky so graciously posts in the New week's CyberPub. Join in on local tastings!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

Congratulations to javadrinker and Noelle! They are getting married this summer! So happy for you two!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:kkv123, welcome to the boards and the CyberPub! It's good to see you around! There are a few "rules" to posting:

1. Check to make sure that you are posting in the "proper" forum!

2. Check back to see if someone has commented on your post.

3. Check your PMs (that little envelope in the upper right hand corner of the fora page) frequently. Someone may wish to contact you off the boards.

4. Check the Wine.Woot Get Togethers forum that your friend CJ so graciously updates every Sunday and that Sparky so graciously posts in the New week's CyberPub. Join in on local tastings!

Also ...

5) Wear a mask and gloves. Sanitize your keyboard frequently. The CyberPub flu is going around.

6) Check your Water Heater and HVAC system. Lots of flooding and dead heaters going around.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Also ...

5) Wear a mask and gloves. Sanitize your keyboard frequently. The CyberPub flu is going around.

6) Check your Water Heater and HVAC system. Lots of flooding and dead heaters going around.

Yeah, I know. I starting running a fever yesterday afternoon. I think I sweated it out last night. But I'm taking it easy today.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:Yeah, I know. I starting running a fever yesterday afternoon. I think I sweated it out last night. But I'm taking it easy today.

I would say watch out for the heater, but you guys had problems with it last year.

How far did you run the fever? Around the block a couple of times, or down to the local park?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Yeah, I know. I starting running a fever yesterday afternoon. I think I sweated it out last night. But I'm taking it easy today.

I am still feeling like crap!!! I hope you are feeeling better!!

tiger7610

quality posts: 16 Private Messages tiger7610

Oh boy not the cyberpub flu. Shudders again.

mommadeb1

tiger7610 wrote:Oh boy not the cyberpub flu. Shudders again.

I prefer to call it the cyberpub crud....

and it will kick your ass!!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:I prefer to call it the cyberpub crud....

and it will kick your ass!!

Let's hope it is only through the Cyber Pub, and not actual contact.

Hope you feel better soon.

Back to home. And snow. And laundry.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:Let's hope it is only through the Cyber Pub, and not actual contact.

Hope you feel better soon.

Back to home. And snow. And laundry.

I am pretty sure only thru Cyber pub.... my kids are fine!!

This week it is going to be 80 everyday!!! (in case you were in shcck from the temp. change and needed to come back)!!

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
bahwm wrote:kkv123, welcome to the boards and the CyberPub! It's good to see you around! There are a few "rules" to posting:

{...bahwm's helpful thoughts...}

Oh, no worries on any of those counts. kkv123 is a frequent lurker, just not a frequent commenter.

You have to admit, the rpm tours hit capacity in just over 24 hours. If I had been off the boards for the wrong day or two, I would naturally assume I could not join in, and would come to the pub for commiseration.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:I am pretty sure only thru Cyber pub.... my kids are fine!!

This week it is going to be 80 everyday!!! (in case you were in shcck from the temp. change and needed to come back)!!

Nah, too hot for polarbears. Really.

It was a great time and place to be last week. Other than running back to the car from the St. Pete pier in pouring rain. My jeans were dry the next day when my daughter took us to see her lemurs, so it worked out fine.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:Nah, too hot for polarbears. Really.

It was a great time and place to be last week. Other than running back to the car from the St. Pete pier in pouring rain. My jeans were dry the next day when my daughter took us to see her lemurs, so it worked out fine.

glad you had a good time. I really like it here.... close enough to everthing and far enough from everything!!! best of both worlds!!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
chemvictim wrote:I've thought about that since I love to garden and it would be nice to have a long growing season, but my husband (he who hates everything) cannot abide humidity. I think we're a hopeless case.

Did I mention the deck is southern exposure? I built a 4x4 garden box on it, in which I grow herbs, tomatoes, peas, green beans... I don't have the patience for the fall harvesting things like melons though. You can start seedlings indoors in the former burlap room as it gets great sun exposure and makes for a good green room, and then growing season goes from about may til october. Low humidity, too!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
bahwm wrote:Congratulations to javadrinker and Noelle! They are getting married this summer! So happy for you two!

Oooh...mazal tov to them! (if java ever shows up in these parts again...)

Edit: carp...wrong pub.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT