zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1646 Private Messages Cesare

Vinturi Wine Aerator
$22.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: New
PRODUCT: 1 Vinturi Wine Aerator
TYPE: Travel w/ Case, Red Wine Aerator, White Wine Aerator, Wine Tower, Spirit Aerator

Product website

Previous offer:
12/2/10

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

pkagel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pkagel

I have the red wine one and it really does work to change the taste. It is very easy to clean up after use also.

chado006

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chado006

I'm very intrigued with the spirit aerator... gonna have to test this with my scotch. Be back in a few.

nickht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickht

The internet has ruined me.

When you see it..

psumek

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psumek

great deal. $40 normally in most stores and works easily. I don't really get the travel one. I know I like to drink but I barely need to drink "right now" as this thing would suggest. If the item was huge I could understand a smaller one, but we're talking something the size of cigar vs a twinkie. Not really taking up too much room in a picnic basket or a bag.

Meatetarian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Meatetarian

The Red Wine Aerator is better than nothing, if you're in too much of a hurry to wait (guilty!). That said, I definitely prefer my Soiree.

The Vinturi makes a neat sound as it aerates, but I'm convinced that sound is air being violently beaten into the wine while the grapes cry out in pain.

"I ASSURE YOU
THE TIMER HAS LONG SINCE EXPIRED" - Dinosaur Comics

innuendopanda

quality posts: 22 Private Messages innuendopanda

Awesome price. These are normally around $40 each in the store and around $35 each on amazon and $60 for the red and white set on amazon.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

I have a Vinturi for red wine, and my favorite wines are generally dry reds that need at least two hours of aeration to open up.

The Vinturi is good. It's not a substitute for proper decanting but when you don't have time to decant it serves the purpose.

I also use the Vinturi when I'm on the road, as I like to bring a bottle of wine along (or pick one up in a store where I'm at) and I have yet to stay in a hotel room that has a decanter next to the coffee pot. The Vinturi takes up very little room in a suitcase and again serves the purpose.

Pricing is good on this. I got mine at woot earlier this year for this price. I had been looking for a Vinturi for awhile, and this price was a significant savings over prices I had seen elsewhere.

neonenergy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages neonenergy

What's the difference? It seems like the only one with a difference is the Red Wine version, which includes a filter.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Hope everyone realizes you do not get everything shown, you get:

(1) Vinturi Wine Aerator (Choose: Travel with Case, Red Wine Aerator, Wine Wine Aerator, Wine Tower or Spirit Aerator)

mrrypr8nkster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrrypr8nkster

bsevern: Understood...all I need is the Spirit Aerator for my Macallan 18 and I'm going to be set for the holidays with the family...

publicart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages publicart

I'm guessing each one aerates the liquid in a slightly different way. I want to aerate red wine, but the clear acrylic looks so cool!

dfstineh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dfstineh
psumek wrote:great deal. $40 normally in most stores and works easily. I don't really get the travel one. I know I like to drink but I barely need to drink "right now" as this thing would suggest. If the item was huge I could understand a smaller one, but we're talking something the size of cigar vs a twinkie. Not really taking up too much room in a picnic basket or a bag.

I agree - I have taken my regular size Vinturi on several trips and it doesn't take up much room. Plus I can't imagine how badly I would spill with it being that narrow - the full size version is difficult enough to master mess-free!

innuendopanda

quality posts: 22 Private Messages innuendopanda
neonenergy wrote:What's the difference? It seems like the only one with a difference is the Red Wine version, which includes a filter.

The red wine one lets more air into the wine for red wines to taste the way they should.

The white wine one lets less air than the red wine one does.

(I might have that backwards, but that is the difference. One lets more air into the wine than the other)

dfstineh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dfstineh

Also, I have to say I bought the tower here on Woot as well but don't use it. Takes up too much counter space, and my wife and I have no problems decanting without it. As long as you're reasonably coordinated, you'll get the hang of it. But I definitely love the Vinturi itself, and I may have to spring for the "spirit" decanter. Never considered the need for that, but I do like a good bourbon from time to time. Wonder if the wine model would suffice for that purpose? Time for a late night experiment, perhaps?

chado006

I don't have the spirit aerator yet so I grabbed my red wine version and ran about an ounce of Jura 10 year single malt scotch through it. I've gotta say, Jura definitely isn't my favorite $40 bottle of scotch, not nearly as smooth as I was hoping for.

Now for the results:
Smelling them there is a noticeable difference in bouquet, the Vinturi definitely opened it up. I can tell an even bigger difference in the taste. It has smoothed it out and opened it up into a very respectable scotch.

I've gotta say, I'm very impressed. But I really shouldn't be surprised because the Vinturi has become a must have for our wine, why wouldn't it make spirits better?

mthomtech

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mthomtech

Have the red wine Vinturi (since that's pretty much all we drink) and it works very well. It's a must have when you can't wait to drink those wine.woot purchases!

3 x

chado006

mrrypr8nkster wrote:bsevern: Understood...all I need is the Spirit Aerator for my Macallan 18 and I'm going to be set for the holidays with the family...

A little jealous here... haven't been able to spring for a bottle of 18 as of yet. Would it even need the aeration though?

mikecris

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mikecris

I have enjoyed owning these. Not just for cheap wines, but to be able to serve good wines to guests quickly if you forget to let the wine breath. I'll be buying this for Mom's Xmas present.

poloboy868

quality posts: 2 Private Messages poloboy868

I have the travel Vinturi from previous woots and it works well(like a normal vinturi). But realistically there is no true benefit from it past being smaller. The case keeps it from dripping in your pocket but u weren't going to let it do that anyways. And undoubtedly the normal wide mouth is easier to pour into.

Now that spirit aerator. Im intrigued I like what people are saying about the idea.

chuckstandly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuckstandly

Does the tower come with an aerator? Or is it just the tower and I need to purchase a seperate aerator?

jkgm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkgm

The tower and aerator are sold separately. In other words, you need to "Buy 2" – the aerator and the tower. Buy 3 if you want two different aerators. Want to give two sets of aerator+tower as gifts? SOL.

gooberpeas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gooberpeas

why are we seeing non-wine items two days in a row, and not on thursday? Are we going to have to see non-wine items every morning? I'm very not likely to buy a non-wine item, and I'm not going to like seeing them every time I check woot.

jimjacks66

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jimjacks66
gooberpeas wrote:why are we seeing non-wine items two days in a row, and not on thursday? Are we going to have to see non-wine items every morning? I'm very not likely to buy a non-wine item, and I'm not going to like seeing them every time I check woot.

This is gift week. Two offerings per day. Mix of wine and wine-related items.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
dfstineh wrote:Also, I have to say I bought the tower here on Woot as well but don't use it. Takes up too much counter space, and my wife and I have no problems decanting without it. As long as you're reasonably coordinated, you'll get the hang of it. But I definitely love the Vinturi itself, and I may have to spring for the "spirit" decanter. Never considered the need for that, but I do like a good bourbon from time to time. Wonder if the wine model would suffice for that purpose? Time for a late night experiment, perhaps?

I don't break out the Towers except for wine gatherings or parties. It really works best then (with large groups).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
jkgm wrote:The tower and aerator are sold separately. In other words, you need to "Buy 2" – the aerator and the tower. Buy 3 if you want two different aerators. Want to give two sets of aerator+tower as gifts? SOL.

Actually, you should be able to gift one set, and still order 3 on your own. Just check the GIFT box. (IS THIS A GIFT?}

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

LurkingGrue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LurkingGrue

Would the spirit aerator only be useful on the contents of a bottle which has been freshly opened? I go through spirits rather slowly, so I'm wondering what the benefit would be on a bottle which has been opened for some time.

I did a quick Internet search and got the impression that perhaps using the spirit aerator may be a substitute for adding a small quantity of water to a spirit. I doubt that the effects are the same. Thoughts?

It is pitch black.

ahwrenn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ahwrenn

I had my doubts about this guys affect on Red Wine, until I got one and poured a glass through it (and another glass not through it). The difference was remarkable, even for a layperson like myself. Worth the money easily.

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo

Alright folks, help me out here...

We had one of these on our wedding registry and didn't receive it, so I'm in buy-for-me mode now.

I had the Deluxe Set (basically Red Wine Aerator + Tower) on the registry, and it costs $52 at Amazon - so that's not a huge savings here. Same thing is about $2 less on Woot.

The real question is about the White Wine Aerator... I've never seen a definitive answer as to whether it's worth it? No doubt why I want/need one for reds, but even though we drink whites semi-regularly I'm just not sure that it'll make a huge difference on those. Thoughts?

Thanks!

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 255
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

sdilullo

sdilullo wrote:The real question is about the White Wine Aerator... I've never seen a definitive answer as to whether it's worth it? No doubt why I want/need one for reds, but even though we drink whites semi-regularly I'm just not sure that it'll make a huge difference on those. Thoughts?

Well I partially retract that statement, as I found this on Amazon...

I wrote a longer review of the red wine Vinturi being a hit at my brother's 40th birthday party, which was a gift to him. Based on the positive feedback from him and his wife, I began to research if the white wine Vinturi model would have the same results with plans to buy it for a girlfriend who only drinks white wine. There was not much information stating that aerating white wine would be as beneficial as it is for red wine, or even needed. In short, I was glad I bought this as a gift for her as we each immediately noticed a brighter, lighter, sweet tasting wine with a cleaner aftertaste. Both the $20 Russian River (N California) white wine and a $7 bottle of white wine benefited from using the Vinturi White Wine Aerator.

Any personal comments/thoughts would still be appreciated, however!

my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Aren't the red and white models the same, except for the filtering screen?

sdilullo

jmdavidson wrote:Aren't the red and white models the same, except for the filtering screen?

I believe the white model lets in less air during the Vinturification process as well.

oenophile1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oenophile1
gooberpeas wrote:why are we seeing non-wine items two days in a row, and not on thursday? Are we going to have to see non-wine items every morning? I'm very not likely to buy a non-wine item, and I'm not going to like seeing them every time I check woot.

I really hate this but I'll bet the folks at WTSO really like it! What ever happened to one wine a day? I've spent twice as much at WTSO since Amazon took over Woot, as I ever did before.

ButteredToast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ButteredToast

Anyone know how well the spirit aerator works? I'd test some rum or whiskey with my red or white wine aerator, but I think that drinking on the job is supposed to be frowned upon.

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

I literally just bought the red wine version of this for 96 cents more last night off of Newegg. I suppose I can't complain too much, since I used a gift card anyway.

Actually, might be a pretty good option for anyone who wants to pay an extra buck to get their free 3-day shipping.

krissyMS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages krissyMS

Perfect timing!!!!! I was just shopping around for the tower and red aerator set, and couldn't find it for less than $60. Now I got the tower and aerator here, for $50. woo!

wickedd365

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wickedd365

I used my $20 deals.woot coupon for this deal. I got the red wine and spirit ones.
from everything I have read the red wine one will work with white wine no problem.

The spirit aerator will go sweet with my whiskey stones I just ordered off Woot!

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

I've never heard of aerating tequila before. I'm intrigued!

willisae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willisae

Does anyone know if Woot will mark this as an over-21 package and require someone to sign for it? I usually ship all Wine Woot orders to my work address, but sent this one to my home address and now I'm worried they'll mark it as wine/over-21...