Hanar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hanar

Yay!! In for one. I love you, wine woot!!

Zephyress

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zephyress

All gone. Glad I got in earlier!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

WD said "a full day for woot cellars", knowing that it would soon sell out. Does that mean we'll get another woot cellars offering?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages LoonBoarder

Hokey smokes! Got in under the wire. Looking forward to another set of Ty's wines in the 'cellar'.

Dude... wait, what?

Cesare

quality posts: 1699 Private Messages Cesare
coynedj wrote:WD said "a full day for woot cellars", knowing that it would soon sell out. Does that mean we'll get another woot cellars offering?

That's what I was wondering.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7

Hooray for a sellout! I am glad I got in earlier. Ty, would you care to disclose if any of the grapes in this wine are estate? Or, if none, can you provide any more information on the ones that did go into this?

gstadter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gstadter

sadness defined: 15 minutes too late to get in on da woot. sad, sad, sad, sad face.

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

30 minutes until it's Noon CT. Who wants to bet...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Winedavid39 wrote:a full day for woot cellars.

Just a general question David. I just noticed your labrat link in your post. I had always wondered how people became labrats, and never knew there was a registration for it. My question is, how does the labrat work now that wine.woot is offering daily deals rather than twice per week? Has the labrat gone by the wayside?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tewkewl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

foooooock!

my wife got mad at me for buying stuff without asking her... and so i asked her and waited for a reply, and now this is sold out. now i'm pissed off.

harmonious1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages harmonious1
joeliquor wrote:Looks like a full day of Wooters staring hopelessly at the Sold Out button.

+1

maripenny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maripenny

aarghhh! Can't believe I missed this.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

Oh good, sold out so I don't have to agonize over whether I can afford this!

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

Wow, around 12,000 bottles moved in less than 12 hours.

lukastalljones

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lukastalljones

What!? Soldout! Noooooes!

CatherineB

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB

It's 12:04

*stomping foot impatiently* hrmph!

PapaPerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PapaPerry

Barely mad it in for 1.

1st Bag of Coal 3/9/11
2nd Bag of Coal 5/11/11
3rd Bag of Coal 12/6/11

guzmantis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis

Glad I got my order in early! I checked WW this morning out of habit and not even planning to buy anything because I've already blown way past my budget... But when I saw it was Ty AND a Woot Cellars offering I knew I'd have to scrape a few bucks together to get it on this.

k1avg

quality posts: 82 Private Messages k1avg

Dang, just missed another specimen for the Woot Cellars collection. Rats.

--
Lawyer (of sorts) by day. Drinker of fine wines, homebrewer of fine beers, connoisseur of fine Scotches by night.
The current holdings.

michugana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michugana

What is a woot cellar?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

CatherineB wrote:It's 12:04

*stomping foot impatiently* hrmph!

working on it.

dawniell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawniell

Can I cry? I got busy at work and just came back to order. Sniffle....

CatherineB

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB
Winedavid39 wrote:working on it.

swmbo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages swmbo

*cheer*

sdilullo

quality posts: 38 Private Messages sdilullo

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 282
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

bradsbabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradsbabe

*happy dance* Soooo glad I popped on this 6 pack this morning. Cannot wait to try it!!!

mew5280

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mew5280

SO glad I happened to be logged on last night so I didn't miss out. Can't wait for this one.

SAMJOECAST

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SAMJOECAST

Got in for 1 early, yayyy... I'm workin on cellar also...

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

I'd be willing to bet the farm there will be a wine.woot-off before Christmas (likely any day actually) and I would not be surprised to see Woot and Ty's Blitzen make a reprise

Now that WineDavid has let the proverbial cat out of the bag, I'm dying to see what he has up his sleeve for the next Woot Cellars offering.

And here I thought I'd be safe for a while with my new wine refrigerators...geesh.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
michugana wrote:What is a woot cellar?

wine.woot teams up with wineries to create a specially-labeled wine, collectively grouped under the "Woot Cellars" label. We have, in the past, gotten other Woot Cellars things (an appetizer spread trio thing, wine charms, etc) but mostly it's wine. These are usually specially crafted wines not available otherwise at the wineries, exclusively created for and sold by wine.woot. They are typically amazing QPR, with few sad exceptions (never again with the Reboot!).

I forget offhand how many there have been to-date, but it's become quite the tradition to see three to four per year, especially at Christmas time with a holiday-themed label.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ryall12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12

Oh does that mean us slow pokes may get another chance???
I'll take a case

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:I forget offhand how many there have been to-date, but it's become quite the tradition to see three to four per year, especially at Christmas time with a holiday-themed label.

There have been 17 Woot Cellars Wines.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Bah Humbug! 'Twas a shame we've all been SCROOGED by wine.woot. I guess we shouldn't look a Gift Horse in the mouth and just enjoy our Emergency Holiday Provisions.

Seriously, though, I'm not getting in Woot Cellars holiday themed wine this year? It is very sad.

outdoorslife

quality posts: 8 Private Messages outdoorslife

Arggh… Missed out on this one.. Damn you work!!!

tewkewl - I learned its better to ask forgiveness than permission, especially with wine.woot!!!
Also the forgiveness goes over A LOT better once you drink 1/2 the bottle with your significant other… heh!

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg

Well?

(sorry)

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

RaiderSPE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE

Are woot cellars offerings always a case and a half limit? Seems as though these sell out all the time so why limit the distribution.

I guess people will use their fake/wife's accounts even if it is limited.

I was on the fence anyways with the spritz issue with the 1st racchus red.

Oh well.

michugana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michugana
cheron98 wrote:wine.woot teams up with wineries to create a specially-labeled wine, collectively grouped under the "Woot Cellars" label. We have, in the past, gotten other Woot Cellars things (an appetizer spread trio thing, wine charms, etc) but mostly it's wine. These are usually specially crafted wines not available otherwise at the wineries, exclusively created for and sold by wine.woot. They are typically amazing QPR, with few sad exceptions (never again with the Reboot!).

I forget offhand how many there have been to-date, but it's become quite the tradition to see three to four per year, especially at Christmas time with a holiday-themed label.

Thank you! I was in on the Adequate Gift and Albino Rhino woot cellars, but still wasn't exactly sure what a woot cellar was. Loved the wine! Will be on the lookout the rest of the day ;)

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
RaiderSPE wrote:Are woot cellars offerings always a case and a half limit? Seems as though these sell out all the time so why limit the distribution.

I guess people will use their fake/wife's accounts even if it is limited.

I was on the fence anyways with the spritz issue with the 1st racchus red.

Oh well.

It's actually usually just a case limit. So it's unusual that you could order three this time.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

clynne76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clynne76
cheron98 wrote:wine.woot teams up with wineries to create a specially-labeled wine, collectively grouped under the "Woot Cellars" label. We have, in the past, gotten other Woot Cellars things (an appetizer spread trio thing, wine charms, etc) but mostly it's wine. These are usually specially crafted wines not available otherwise at the wineries, exclusively created for and sold by wine.woot. They are typically amazing QPR, with few sad exceptions (never again with the Reboot!).

I was thinking the Twas was my least favorite. Gave it away to get it out of my wine storage

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
michugana wrote:Thank you! I was in on the Adequate Gift and Albino Rhino woot cellars, but still wasn't exactly sure what a woot cellar was. Loved the wine! Will be on the lookout the rest of the day ;)

agreed, both very good, especially after decanting.