galanteblackjack

quality posts: 12 Private Messages galanteblackjack
mikev101 wrote:Thanks...but CT still does not appear in the State pulldown when attempting to place an order

I emailed Wine Woot. It may take a short time until they post it. Thanks for your patience.

sahlsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sahlsmith
clcaruthers wrote:Someone please give the strength, for once, to trust my first instinct and click the gold button! I always hesitate and always miss the first woot!

With that being said, anyone try this out before?

edit: $60 for the blackjack, $25 for the Galante, and $35 for the Red Rose. Looks like almost %50 off when you figure in shipping.

Push the button! The Blackjack Cab is worth the price by itself.

StarM

quality posts: 17 Private Messages StarM

Tempted beyond belief! These sound wonderful & great feedback from the boards & Mr. Galante. Should give us yet another wonderful reason to go back to Carmel . . . . yeah, to taste the wine . . . that's the ticket! Another AVA to explore!

A bit concerned about the heat down here in South Texas -- Corpus hit 100' twice this week -- [Why do I not live in Carmel? Oh yeah, the $$$]. I would hate to have a heat issue with these wines (like I did with the Corison and InZin).

I'm in for one & praying for a cool front!

Cheers!

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fredrinaldi
galanteblackjack wrote:I know the feeling! You should see my cellar (in the caves). You won't be disappointed. Thanks!

looking forward to popping the cork

sjrmoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjrmoc

Why is Louisiana missing today? Its available for every other day.......

galanteblackjack

StarM wrote:Tempted beyond belief! These sound wonderful & great feedback from the boards & Mr. Galante. Should give us yet another wonderful reason to go back to Carmel . . . . yeah, to taste the wine . . . that's the ticket! Another AVA to explore!

A bit concerned about the heat down here in South Texas -- Corpus hit 100' twice this week -- [Why do I not live in Carmel? Oh yeah, the $$$]. I would hate to have a heat issue with these wines (like I did with the Corison and InZin).

I'm in for one & praying for a cool front!

Cheers!

I understand your concerns. When we ship we hold our wines going to the hot areas until it cools down. You may want to ask the great folks at Wine Woot what they might suggest.

galanteblackjack

sjrmoc wrote:Why is Louisiana missing today? Its available for every other day.......

I seem to have missed this one as well! Just working too fast. I think I missed including some of the states that have volume restrictions. I will ask Wine Woot to add it for you. Sorry.

fuzzyuu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fuzzyuu

Lab Rat Report:

First, I'd like to thank the wine.woot.gods for giving me a golden ticket. Though I've been drinking wine for more than a decade, I still pretty much consider myself an amateur as far as being able to pull out real subtle flavors. So here is my shot at being a lab rat.

Holy Fruit Wineman! That was both the misses and my impression right after uncorking the Galante Vineyards 2006 Rancho Galante Cabernet Sauvignon. Plum and raspberry. Somewhat sweet, but not overly so. Definitely a lot of mouth. Needs a little time to breath, but is still very good right out of the bottle.

Now, we weren't super prepared in the food department, and as well, didn't have a fantastic evening to cook and really enjoy it since we were off to the ball park for our last game of the season. But after letting it breath a little while, decided to try a few things with it. First up was some salmi, the Monisana from Olli Salumeria. Honsetly, not a good pairing. Just brought out sour flavors and bitterness. Next was some Raspberries from the garden. Now that hit the spot. It was seamless going from raspberry to wine. After that was some Castelvetrano Olives, our favorite olive! Oh my. Taking a sip of this after eating one of these olives brought out a warm sweetness that I can't place my finger on, but it made the olive shine in a whole new light. We had a little bit of dark chocolate around, nothing fantastic, and it was meh as far as pairing. The two just didn't complement each other. Finally, we decided to cook a small steak. That was pure pairing heaven. Just a little salt and steak seasoning, cooked a nice medium rare again really brought out the smoothness of this wine.

As our evening went on, I can't stress how much I just kept thinking raspberries, which is fantastic because it is my favorite fruit. Even as everything smoothed out, the primary flavors didn't change. It's one of the better cabs that I've had in the last couple of months and seems like a fantastic offering!

sjrmoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjrmoc
galanteblackjack wrote:I seem to have missed this one as well! Just working too fast. I think I missed including some of the states that have volume restrictions. I will ask Wine Woot to add it for you. Sorry.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated

galanteblackjack

fuzzyuu wrote:
Lab Rat Report:

First, I'd like to thank the wine.woot.gods for giving me a golden ticket. Though I've been drinking wine for more than a decade, I still pretty much consider myself an amateur as far as being able to pull out real subtle flavors. So here is my shot at being a lab rat.

Holy Fruit Wineman! That was both the misses and my impression right after uncorking the Galante Vineyards 2006 Rancho Galante Cabernet Sauvignon. Plum and raspberry. Somewhat sweet, but not overly so. Definitely a lot of mouth. Needs a little time to breath, but is still very good right out of the bottle.

Now, we weren't super prepared in the food department, and as well, didn't have a fantastic evening to cook and really enjoy it since we were off to the ball park for our last game of the season. But after letting it breath a little while, decided to try a few things with it. First up was some salmi, the Monisana from Olli Salumeria. Honsetly, not a good pairing. Just brought out sour flavors and bitterness. Next was some Raspberries from the garden. Now that hit the spot. It was seamless going from raspberry to wine. After that was some Castelvetrano Olives, our favorite olive! Oh my. Taking a sip of this after eating one of these olives brought out a warm sweetness that I can't place my finger on, but it made the olive shine in a whole new light. We had a little bit of dark chocolate around, nothing fantastic, and it was meh as far as pairing. The two just didn't complement each other. Finally, we decided to cook a small steak. That was pure pairing heaven. Just a little salt and steak seasoning, cooked a nice medium rare again really brought out the smoothness of this wine.

As our evening went on, I can't stress how much I just kept thinking raspberries, which is fantastic because it is my favorite fruit. Even as everything smoothed out, the primary flavors didn't change. It's one of the better cabs that I've had in the last couple of months and seems like a fantastic offering!

Thanks for your thoughtful report on our wine. You were right on with your pairings - truly a steak wine. Also burgers and BBQ. The salami would not work well with this wine due to the spice conflict, however, some nice hard cheese would be fabulous. Save the chocolate pairing for the Blackjack! Regarding the word "sweet". The wine is completely dry but the great fruit in it fools your mouth into thinking it is "sweet".

andrejadkowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrejadkowski

I have been drinking Galante Wines for as many years as Jack has been producing them (and that is a lot of years). In all those years, the one thing that has been consistent about Galante Wines is Quality, which is excellent. My favorite reds are Black Jack, Red Rose and Merlot. The Rancho is very tasty as well. You also have to try his Sauvignon Blanc which is amazing. Andre

galanteblackjack

andrejadkowski wrote:I have been drinking Galante Wines for as many years as Jack has been producing them (and that is a lot of years). In all those years, the one thing that has been consistent about Galante Wines is Quality, which is excellent. My favorite reds are Black Jack, Red Rose and Merlot. The Rancho is very tasty as well. You also have to try his Sauvignon Blanc which is amazing. Andre

Thanks for the comments Andre. You have excellent taste!!

ntrigue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntrigue

Thanks for the deal Jack! I'm a longtime member of the Galante Gang and wanted to chime-in and say great selection.

My wife and I prefer the 06 Blackjack as the acid and overall structure is more present than the 05. A great filet mignon wine this vintage!

The 08 Red Rose is the most unique Cab we've tried. It stands apart with cherry, licorice and that Malbec pepper.

Rancho has always been a go to wine. Soft and approachable, it works for almost any palette brilliantly. We often enjoy without food, it stands great on its own.

Kevin

galanteblackjack

ntrigue wrote:Thanks for the deal Jack! I'm a longtime member of the Galante Gang and wanted to chime-in and say great selection.

My wife and I prefer the 06 Blackjack as the acid and overall structure is more present than the 05. A great filet mignon wine this vintage!

The 08 Red Rose is the most unique Cab we've tried. It stands apart with cherry, licorice and that Malbec pepper.

Rancho has always been a go to wine. Soft and approachable, it works for almost any palette brilliantly. We often enjoy without food, it stands great on its own.

Kevin

Thanks for the great comments. Your descriptions and pairings are right on.

allcot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allcot

You cant go wrong with any of these cabs. Some of my older Galante cabs have beat out BIG names among my guests by holding up longer.

galanteblackjack

allcot wrote:You cant go wrong with any of these cabs. Some of my older Galante cabs have beat out BIG names among my guests by holding up longer.

Good point. Our wines are well known to age very well. Thanks for pointing that out.

jonjoslin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonjoslin
galanteblackjack wrote:You got it! Our Texas customers are FABULOUS. I will be in Houston being honored by the Knights of the Vine in October. Looking forward to some great food and tequila!

Hey Jack,

I buy wine from a great wine company here in town and he produces wine tastings in the msae building my Office is in.. Would you consider spending some time while you are in Houston and I would feature your wines? I'd love to meet you in person if you can..

galanteblackjack

jonjoslin wrote:Hey Jack,

I buy wine from a great wine company here in town and he produces wine tastings in the msae building my Office is in.. Would you consider spending some time while you are in Houston and I would feature your wines? I'd love to meet you in person if you can..

Thanks so much for the offer. I am literally flying in Friday and back out Sunday because I have to get back to harvest. We are completely booked with festivities with the KOV so I just won't have time this trip. Email me and we can hopefully work something out for another time.

adams828

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adams828

My first golden ticket - w00t indeed!

Sorry for the late posting, just hitting a late lunch break now. Can't make any promises to my wine tasting savvy, but here we go..

'08 Red Rose Hill Cabernet
Pop n' pour
Got home, opened and poured a small bit.
Medium garnet color, and my first whiff was oak, cherry and spice. My first thought was this is nothing like the cabernet I am familiar with. Poured about a glass and let it sit...

Both 15 and 30 minutes later.
Now we are talking - still mostly oak and spice, but you can tell the fruit is trying to make a presence. Moderate tannin and finish. Amazed that there was little of the typical alcohol bite of the usual valley cabernets. Figured I should eat (Massaman Curry - sorry I hadn't planned better!) so came back later...

2.5 hours later
The fruit is here! Give this some air, and you will be amazed at how it comes into balance. Would love to have this with some appropriate food next time, but enjoyable on its own with the additional time.

Overall
This is what wine.woot is all about - getting to try different winemakers and styles and learning about wine. Who knew a 'Cali' cab could taste like this?? I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this tastes on day 2. I think this could be even better with a few years on it!

rclaeys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rclaeys

Iowa snuck that one past me, when did they ban shipping me wine

galanteblackjack

adams828 wrote:
My first golden ticket - w00t indeed!

Sorry for the late posting, just hitting a late lunch break now. Can't make any promises to my wine tasting savvy, but here we go..

'06 Red Rose Hill Cabernet
Pop n' pour
Got home, opened and poured a small bit.
Medium garnet color, and my first whiff was oak, cherry and spice. My first thought was this is nothing like the cabernet I am familiar with. Poured about a glass and let it sit...

Both 15 and 30 minutes later.
Now we are talking - still mostly oak and spice, but you can tell the fruit is trying to make a presence. Moderate tannin and finish. Amazed that there was little of the typical alcohol bite of the usual valley cabernets. Figured I should eat (Massaman Curry - sorry I hadn't planned better!) so came back later...

2.5 hours later
The fruit is here! Give this some air, and you will be amazed at how it comes into balance. Would love to have this with some appropriate food next time, but enjoyable on its own with the additional time.

Overall
This is what wine.woot is all about - getting to try different winemakers and styles and learning about wine. Who knew a 'Cali' cab could taste like this?? I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this tastes on day 2. I think this could be even better with a few years on it!

Just wanted to clarify - did you taste the 2008 Red Rose Hill or the 2006 Rancho Galante?
Either way, day two on both these wines should be fabulous. The 2008 especially likes a nice decanting and some air due to its age. Thanks for the comments!

galanteblackjack

rclaeys wrote:Iowa snuck that one past me, when did they ban shipping me wine

You should be good to order in Iowa. The Woot website will be updated soon. We missed a few - sorry for the confusion!

adams828

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adams828
galanteblackjack wrote:Just wanted to clarify - did you taste the 2008 Red Rose Hill or the 2006 Rancho Galante?
Either way, day two on both these wines should be fabulous. The 2008 especially likes a nice decanting and some air due to its age. Thanks for the comments!

Whoops sorry about that, the '08 Red Rose Hill! Updated, sorry.

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

I may be a little OCD here, but the FAQ part of the wine.woot website needs to be updated too (shipping list, 7 deals a week and not 5, etc)!! Maybe the wine.woot staff is acting like the regular woot staff for kicks. Then again, maybe the wine woot staff provides more quality and less interaction which kind of makes up for the obvious lamesauce we deal with during woot offs from the regular site.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

limesc1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages limesc1

Lot of new posters in here... Sounds like Galante did a little reach out to its favorite customers as well. Many folks posting that joined yesterday or today.
Welcome one and all, and I hope you all stick around for the other wines that get offered later on. The best part of Wine.woot is the commentary and sharing of knowledge.
Mr. Galante, can you share your thoughts on Alc content or ABV? It seems that Cabs have been dropping recently in their ABV content (which is not a bad thing), but for a few years CA in general was pouring out some real boomers. What are the theories that you have on the right ABV for a varietal?

galanteblackjack

limesc1 wrote:Lot of new posters in here... Sounds like Galante did a little reach out to its favorite customers as well. Many folks posting that joined yesterday or today.
Welcome one and all, and I hope you all stick around for the other wines that get offered later on. The best part of Wine.woot is the commentary and sharing of knowledge.
Mr. Galante, can you share your thoughts on Alc content or ABV? It seems that Cabs have been dropping recently in their ABV content (which is not a bad thing), but for a few years CA in general was pouring out some real boomers. What are the theories that you have on the right ABV for a varietal?

Thanks for your post. I did send out a notice to our newsletter list so they could also take advantage of this fabulous sale (don't want anyone mad at me for not including them).
Regarding Alcohol. I have NEVER been a fan of high alcohol wines, massive wines. The problem them is that they do not tend to age well or go with food. High alcohols tend to cover up some of the wonderful nuances in the wines. We have always picked our grapes based on maturity (a combination of physiological ripeness, pH, TA, etc). Flavor is the key component. Sometimes Alc comes in at 12.5% and sometimes at 14.1% but the key is BALANCE. One thing you will never find from us is an overly alcoholed (sp?) wine.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 167 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

galanteblackjack wrote:You should be good to order in Iowa. The Woot website will be updated soon. We missed a few - sorry for the confusion!

NOTE TO ALL: Please check the states list.. Corrections made: CT, IA, NE, ND, SC, VT, WI and LA... You can now push the button...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

epitomeofred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages epitomeofred
galanteblackjack wrote:Hi Wooters!
I just wanted to introduce myself and welcome you to experience Galante Vineyards wines. It's been a long day at the winery, crushing grapes and pressing out some wines, so I'll probably only be up an hour or so more (I need rest just like grapes)! However, I'll be back bright and early tomorrow to answer all your questions.
I think you'll really love this selection of Estate Grown Cabernets and I very much look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers!
Jack Galante
President

I am a complete wine novice here but I've been on the lookout for sulfite free wines...do these fit that description?

galanteblackjack

epitomeofred wrote:I am a complete wine novice here but I've been on the lookout for sulfite free wines...do these fit that description?

No, the problem with sulfite free wines is that they very often "go off" in the bottle. Sulfites are added to prevent this. However, our wines (and most quality wines) have VERY LITTLE sulfites. As a matter of fact there are less sulfites in an entire barrel than on 1 or 2 dried apricots! All our wines are grown sustainable and we NEVER use herbicides or pesticides in our vineyards. Be very careful with sulfite free wines!

epitomeofred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages epitomeofred
galanteblackjack wrote:No, the problem with sulfite free wines is that they very often "go off" in the bottle. Sulfites are added to prevent this. However, our wines (and most quality wines) have VERY LITTLE sulfites. As a matter of fact there are less sulfites in an entire barrel than on 1 or 2 dried apricots! All our wines are grown sustainable and we NEVER use herbicides or pesticides in our vineyards. Be very careful with sulfite free wines!

good to know, thanks!

tytiger58

quality posts: 73 Private Messages tytiger58
limesc1 wrote:Lot of new posters in here... Sounds like Galante did a little reach out to its favorite customers as well. Many folks posting that joined yesterday or today.

Shill city

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tytiger58 wrote:Shill city

You say shill, I say potential community members! Welcome newbies and feel free to stay a while!

I'm just hanging out, really.

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

inkycatz wrote:You say shill, I say potential community members! Welcome newbies and feel free to stay a while!

+1

WineDavid was my Boss!

galanteblackjack

inkycatz wrote:You say shill, I say potential community members! Welcome newbies and feel free to stay a while!

My thoughts exactly!

mattkillpack29

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mattkillpack29
texacaliali wrote:+1

I second that for sure. The more the merrier. Stick around, I learn something new about wine everyday!

tytiger58

quality posts: 73 Private Messages tytiger58
mattkillpack29 wrote:I second that for sure. The more the merrier. Stick around, I learn something new about wine everyday!

I agree the more the merrier, more customers the better but if a shill is not buying still a shill...

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

neilfindswine

quality posts: 167 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

...hey Jack, you're awful quiet up there... Did you leave us to go check on the grapes?

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

kurter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kurter

Not really in relation to this wine, but, is there a place where we discuss what lives/doesn't live up to expectations. I have purchased a fair amt of wine here (yes in for 2) but what have you all found out after we have purchased theses wines? some excite some disappoint but I haven't really seen a site or link about this. Not a newbie to wine, I have been drinking for 25 plus yrs now don't really care if you get the cedar box but has it lived up to what you expect or gone beyond?

galanteblackjack

neilfindswine wrote:...hey Jack, you're awful quiet up there... Did you leave us to go check on the grapes?

As a matter of fact, we are pressing out some Chardonnay right now for one of our great Custom Crush clients (we make a lot of wine for other guys as well). It is absolutely beautiful at the ranch. The sun is shining and the juice is flowing! Speaking of which, I hope some of you Wooters will be able to make it down for our Harvest Open House on October 15th from 1 to 5 PM. We will have a great band, fabulous food and, of course, lots of wine. Check out our website for more details.

resmithson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages resmithson
Cesare wrote:Galante Vineyards Estate Red - 3 Pack
$69.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
1 2006 Rancho Galante Cabernet Sauvignon
1 2008 Red Rose Hill Cabernet Sauvignon
1 2006 Blackjack Pasture Cabernet Sauvignon
CT links above

Winery website

Facebook
Twitter
Yelp

Facebook - No information has been provided... yet.