fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
jimmythewoot wrote:Oh, I almost jumped at that. I'm a big Hahn fan. But money is tight, and it was either my meds or a 6-pack of Hahn.

And then Woot! went and offered up the InZin. I'll be off my meds next week...

Well its like self medicating, does that count? It really is a nice wine, went crazy on the woot off 3 purchases in 1 day. Funny when I picked up the wine at Fedex yesterday the lady said I was famous there, known as "the wine guy" I must be getting carried away with my purchases

fitzpanther

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fitzpanther
ScottHarveyWines wrote:We re-submitted it with the Z label and they still turned us down.

Ridiculous!!!!!

stormn1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stormn1

Scott Harvey 2008 InZINerator - 3 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: MarkDaSpark
Speed to first woot: 0m 29.603s
Last wooter to woot: stormn1

I really shouldn't have. I got an CG Di Arie PS offer I couldn't say no to either. I'm almost hoping for bad offerings the next two days.

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

stormn1 wrote:Scott Harvey 2008 InZINerator - 3 Pack
Last wooter to woot: stormn1

I really shouldn't have. I got an CG Di Arie PS offer I couldn't say no to either. I'm almost hoping for bad offerings the next two days.

not a chance. : )

WineDavid was my Boss!

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

If I didn't still have four bottles of the 2007 InZINerator 1.5L Magnums (which have been excellent), I'd be all over this!

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Stay tuned, I have a funny feeling I may have something else coming up soon.

Barbera? More 1869? Reserve trio? All three of those will have me in trouble. Seriously...I have nowhere to put the stuff!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Well, I have been on a bit of a SIWBM, especially since we are going to be enjoying tastings throughout Santa Barbara, Santa Ynez, Santa Maria, Los Olivos and all points in between this weekend. However, Scott is virtually an auto-buy, not only because Inzinerator never fails to impress, but because Scott and Jana were so incredibly kind and hospitable to us when we were up there in December. Thanks for the offering and looking forward to trying this new vintage.

Scott Harvey 2008 InZINerator - 3 Pack
Last wooter to woot: time2testit

Ramrod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ramrod
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Stay tuned, I have a funny feeling I may have something else coming up soon.

I guess that perhaps getting 9 was a bad short term decision. Though a good long term play...

brettstr42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brettstr42
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Hi everyone, great to be back on woot. This is your wine. It was the wooters that helped develop the style when we decided to move away from the sweeter 2006 style back to the earlier styles in making the 2007. Now you're the first to be offered the 2008 on a pre-release offering only on woot. The 2007 and 2008 are similar in most aspects except the alcohol. The starting alcohol in the base blend started out higher, so when the final component was added, the Forte, it incresaed the overall alcohol by 1%. The amount of Forte is actually less in the 2008 (5%) compared to the 2007 at 6%. This wine has always been produced more in the new world style. What I like to call walk around wines. It is a wine that drinks well by it self, because Americans drink a lot of wine without food. When having the wine with food, it goes best with heavier dishes that have a sweeter sauce. Barbecued ribs with chile comes to mind. It is great with a cigar. In this vintage the wine is all Amador County. The Zinfandel is from the Bowman Vineyard, which also produces our Mt. Selection Zinfandel. The Syrah is from the York Vineyard in Fiddletown and the Forte is from the DeWitt Vineyard.

You had me with "It is great with a cigar." Thanks for being great at your job!!

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
brettstr42 wrote:You had me with "It is great with a cigar." Thanks for being great at your job!!

Had a cigar and wine tasting group over last night. Tasting lasted about 5 hours. Started with the InZinerator and ended with a 2008 Sassicaia. The cigar was a Montecristo.

TrippingOverDogs

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TrippingOverDogs
tmacfarlan wrote:With all the NC folks chiming in on this thread, I'd like to bring up the fact that some folks here have been trying to get a w.w gathering in NC going for a bit. Here's the link:
http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2850566&PageIndex=2&ReplyCount=64#post3668111

I live in Fayettenam but permanent home is GA. Am ordering this wine and having it sent to GA. I go home about once a month. I don't know how far you and the other Tarheels are from me, or if you want this wine badly enough to drive, but if so, I'll be glad to pick up an extra order. Too bad this wasn't offered a few wks ago. I was just in Chapel Hill this afternoon and could have met you with it. Fayetteville is a little less than an hour and a half from Raleigh, a little more than that from Chapel Hill.

TrippingOverDogs

knotheadusc wrote:I see now why the order went through. Somehow, the state on my shipping address got changed from NC to CA. I'm disappointed. I remember liking this wine when I lived in GA.

See note above if you'd like me to get you some of this wine.

TrippingOverDogs

inkwench wrote:As the other Tar Heels (North Carolinians are Tar Heels, even if they root for Duke!) have already said, thanks for trying!

Reckon I'll just buy some Zin locally....

Can get you the wine as far as Fayetteville, NC. Let me know.

stormn1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stormn1
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Had a cigar and wine tasting group over last night. Tasting lasted about 5 hours. Started with the InZinerator and ended with a 2008 Sassicaia. The cigar was a Montecristo.

If I hadn't already bought, you'd have had me with the "great with a cigar." Can't wait to try it with an Alec Bradley Tempus or Family Blend.

rlrct

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rlrct

Not fair! We can't buy in CT and now you're just teasing us!

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

For those of you still wavering on this one:
The Inzinerator is to Wine like Arnold Schwarzenegger is to Theatre. Pull one of these babies off the rack and it'll wake people up. Sometimes you've gotta hit the palate with a big stick. This one broke my SIWBM as even the woot-off couldn't. DO IT!

HeartbreakRidge

quality posts: 7 Private Messages HeartbreakRidge

I *love* it when you talk dirty like that!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Tomorrow's clue copied from Facebook:

WineDavid39's Clue: 700 years of winemaking, 30 generations of keeping it in the family.
"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

i wonder how much of the full production did we purchase from this woot...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

szecsei

quality posts: 9 Private Messages szecsei
fredrinaldi wrote:Got my 6 pack of Hahn Cab_Franc yesterday, it was like Christmas morning. Decanted it for about 1&1/2 hrs, chomping at the bit, Holy Moly what a great wine and at under $60 for 6 bottles, already wish I had bought 2 cases. Mummmmmmmm good! Don't know how long the other 5 will last.
Thank you wine woot!!

i'm jealous! the fedex tracking number just teases me...no shipping update, just a declaration that the label was created sept 8. i've bought too much wine over the past few weeks, but still i find myself drawn to wine.woot like a moth to the flame! i hope i'm not too tempted by tomorrow's offering.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
ChangoSHK wrote:I'm afraid it was one of those one-day deal things from another site, which has now expired. Perhaps you might contact their customer service to inquire how and if...

Called 'em up earlier today and spoke to customer service. AT 1430PDT this afternoon they honored the deal.
Lot18/WOOT!

CT

Ashpoo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Ashpoo

I LOVE Zin. My fiance finds them to be too dry. That was until he tried the 2007 InZIN. He at least thought that was "okay". With some reviews calling the 2008 fruit forward and sweeter than most zins, I'm hoping it's the perfect wine for us. I'll still get my zin and he will appreciate the fruitier notes.

Did I mention I LOVE zins? I also LOVE Amador County zins and I LOVED the 2007. This was an absolute auto-buy that I'm really looking forward to. I was a little low on the moola and only went in for one, I'm hoping this will re-appear another time.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
redwinefan wrote:Tomorrow's clue copied from Facebook:

That would be Frescobaldi...really a Tuscan wine?

Edit: BDM's on Woot would be wonderful!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
tytiger58 wrote:That would be Frescobaldi...really a Tuscan wine?

Edit: BDM's on Woot would be wonderful!

Is Woot going old world on us?

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jveauthier

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jveauthier

Yes! Barbera, Barbera, Barbera, Please!!!

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo

Eesh, I think I might have to pass on this simply because I can't afford more than one WW purchase this weekend!

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

woot123bagender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woot123bagender
NatasG wrote:

Long time Wooter, Long time Kids Wooter, Long time Wine Wooter and first time Lab Rat checking in.

The Date: 8PM EDT on September 15th, 2011

The Weather: Great for Woot Wine shipments @ 55F and Gray Rainy Skies…hello fall already in Upstate NY

The Scene: Suburban house outside of the Metropolis of Syracuse

The Players:

Myself – a drinker of wine with a well developed palate who was first turned on to drinkable wine by the Woot Gods many ages ago by a 2001 Nicholson Ranch Estate Pinot Noir Quartet

2001 Nicholson Ranch Pinot

My Wife – New to reds and lover of Whites…she almost left me for Triacipedis the White and has his brother the Minotaur and sister Kaleidoscope in her sights

My Father-in-Law – The drinker of wine longer than I have been alive but now learning more about its appreciation.

My Coworker – A wine loving man never caught without an opinion and a calibrated taste for wines of many varietals…

My Co-worker’s Fiancée – Along for the ride of her life with her robust man of wonder…

Father of my Brother-in-law – Yeah, can your figure that relationship out??? A man, turned on to the Wine Woot Gods by yours truly and now cannot get enough as he builds his palate and knowledge of wines…along with his cellar.

The Main Event:

Youngest Brother of a Family etched in Time and Superherodom…InZINerator the Fourth!!! Following in the footsteps and shadow of the 2004, 2006 and 2007, comes the newest hero…the 2008!

Not to be undone…the middle brother…2007 (from my cellar) also decided to make an appearance to try and show off to the crowd.

The Spread:

Slow Smoked Beef Brisket
Slow Smoked Spicy Italian Sausages
XXXXXXX Sharp 3+ year old Cheddar (the stuff that crumbles apart)
Pecorino Romano
Olive Oil and Rosemary bread
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Stacey’s Naked Pita Chips

First Impressions – Pour 10-15 minutes after opening:

Hot Nose
Fruit Forward – but not heavy like the 2007
Black Pepper
Cherry, Current and other Deep red fruits
Holiday Spices…Cinnamon
Tannin Bite but not overpowering
Very Drinkable and Light
Co-worker commented “New World Style”

Through the Metrokane Rabbit (aerator) looking glass…

Wow…there goes the heat right out the door…
Hello lovely black cherry, current and spice

With some Texas Style, Dry Rubbed Smoked Brisket.(No Sauce):

Wow…here come the smoke…jumping out at us!
Very nice Pairing

With the Pecorino Romano:

Holy Cheese Transformation Batman!
Dry biting cheese turned to buttery, smooth, mouth-coating greatness
Amazing Pairing

Cheddar and Hummus:

OK pairing but nothing like the Pecorino

Spicy Sausage:

No Go…brought the tannins screaming to the tongue in not the greatest way

Older brother…Inzinerator the 2007:

VERY different wine all together. Much more bold, much more fruit forward and with a robust port body. Pairs well almost opposite of his younger brother the 2008. Did not do much to the cheeses, did OK with the brisket, did much better with the Spicy Sausage and made the Roasted Red pepper Hummus EXPLODE to life. These two are almost Yin and Yang of Zinfandels.

Final Word…THIS ONE IS A WINNER…BUY BUY BUY.

What we have here is close to the lightness and drinkability of a Pinot with the bold cherry, current and spicy flavors of the Zin. I preferred it over the 2007 where my Coworker saw the merits of both more equal but in different ways.

Drinkability – still felt tight through the end of the bottle so my uneducated opinion would say…definitely very drinkable now with some aeration but could lay down for 6-12 months to mellow a bit. I will be buying some for sure…just need to figure out how much I can afford.

Lastly, a BIG thank you to Woot for this opportunity. I hope you all have enjoyed the musing of a first time Lab Ratter…

woot123bagender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woot123bagender

[qauote postid="4638414" user="woot123bagender"][/quote]

I am the "Father of the brother-in-law, and greatly enjoyed this wine and the very interesting phenomenon of observing the observations of my much more sophisticated co-Lab Rats. At age 70, I wonder whether I will ever develop their advanced analytical and descriptive skills. What I am able to determine, however, is DO I LIKE THIS WINE - AND SHOULD I BUY IT? The answer to both is YES. In for two.

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
woot123bagender wrote:[qauote postid="4638414" user="woot123bagender"]

I am the "Father of the brother-in-law, and greatly enjoyed this wine and the very interesting phenomenon of observing the observations of my much more sophisticated co-Lab Rats. At age 70, I wonder whether I will ever develop their advanced analytical and descriptive skills. What I am able to determine, however, is DO I LIKE THIS WINE - AND SHOULD I BUY IT? The answer to both is YES. In for two.[/quote]

"Father of the brother-in-law", love it! That was a great post by the brother-in-law of your son. Informative and entertaining. Thanks for popping in and ensuring us that it wasn't just a bunch of imaginary friends haha. Looking forward to trying this wine.

rubberguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rubberguy

Ordered this on 9/16, still no notice of "shipped" in my account. Delayed? Need Zin with steak and monday night football.

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Has anyone received a shipping notice on this yet?

stratma

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stratma
time2testit wrote:Has anyone received a shipping notice on this yet?

Did not receive a shipping notice, but a FedEx search by reference number (order number) produced this result:

Sep 26, 2011 12:05 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Ramrod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ramrod
stratma wrote:Did not receive a shipping notice, but a FedEx search by reference number (order number) produced this result:

Sep 26, 2011 12:05 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Do you have a handy link for that search?

alangton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alangton

Mine still has not shipped yet, according to my account page.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Interesting shipping route. Perhaps it's being sent via homing pigeon?

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal

A homesick homing pigeon!

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
Ramrod wrote:Do you have a handy link for that search?

I just go to "My Account" under my user name at the top of the page & click the wine I want to track under "What You've Bought From Woot," then in the box under "Order Status" click on the "tracking number for this order."
If there is no tracking number, then it hasn't shipped yet.

If there is a tracking number, a new window will open with FedEx info. Sometimes it takes a long time after shipment info is sent to FedEx before FedEx actually picks up the package, sometimes as long as two weeks.

Click on some of your previous purchases on your receipt & you'll see what I mean.

Hope this helps.

orthancstone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orthancstone

Just got my shipment in moments ago. Once it got moving, it jumped from place-to-place in three days.

53wineaux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 53wineaux

Am I the ONLY one who still has no info on this ???

vmaddogv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vmaddogv

Got mine in a few days ago, wanted to let it sit a little since it traveled all across the country.

Opened a bottle tonight and WOW, this is some good stuff. I am really regretting not getting more. I thought the 07 and 06 were good, but was glad I only got (1) of each. This style of the wine is amazing. Really bright flavors of cherry with a oaky finish. I do not taste the high alcohol content. Can't wait to see how this opens up.