Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Get ready to get down, 7-day party people! This weekend will be the first weekend of the rest of your lives as Wine.Woot adds Saturday and Sunday sales to its weekly rotation. What does this mean for you, the cut-rate wine connoisseur?

Friday deals will only be available for 24 hours. Tarry no more, Wine.Wooter! You won't have the luxury of taking your time to decide on Friday's deal anymore, because it'll be gone by midnight. Buy or get off the carafe.

Labrats could strike on any day of the week, not just Friday. It's a brave new world for our test subjects, who might be called upon to post their volunteer wine reviews on any day, at any time, in any place. (OK, not really in any place. We just needed a third thing there.)

Your life will be approximately 40% better. With 40% more Wine.Woot deals every week, the math works out.

Remember, the fun starts this very upcoming weekend at the end of this very week. We hope to see everybody at the first-ever Saturday and Sunday deals at Wine.Woot: where every weekend is a lost weekend!

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

Stop the Insanity!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

THIS... IS... SPARTA! Or at the very least, absolute madness.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I dont know how I feel about this. I really like time to think and make my opinion over a few days. I wish that friday sales would be available for longer

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

Have you no mercy??

sdilullo

quality posts: 38 Private Messages sdilullo

Oh dear god...

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 282
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Oh noes.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

What's the word I'm looking for??? Oh yeah, Fail.

What set Wine.Woot apart from the others was the chance to really talk to the winemaker(s) over more than one day. Now, that's gone.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:What's the word I'm looking for??? Oh yeah, Fail.

What set Wine.Woot apart from the others was the chance to really talk to the winemaker(s) over more than one day. Now, that's gone.

Are we going to rehash this discussion again? Please no!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Labrats at any time? Really? It's not bad enough that I'm like 3 weeks behind on JUST Friday rats.

REALLY?!

Much grr.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
cheron98 wrote:Labrats at any time? Really? It's not bad enough that I'm like 3 weeks behind on JUST Friday rats.

REALLY?!

Much grr.

I'm sure they have paid staff who could do some of this...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

Cesare

quality posts: 1697 Private Messages Cesare
otolith wrote:I'm sure they have paid staff who could do some of this...

Yeah right! How do you think they keep prices so low :p

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

It's a brave new world, looks like I will be buying more wine....hope your ready Kyle

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cheron98

otolith wrote:I'm sure they have paid staff who could do some of this...

You clearly did not get the newsletter that talked about the ratpack thread and how they said the best part was they didn't have to do it

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows

If the rats can strike at any time, then are the rules for rattage going to change again as well? Is it going to more of a free-for-all, where if you buy a wine, you are in the lottery to rat the upcoming week?

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

rxmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rxmurphy

This is excellent. I can now buy wine on Sunday in Georgia! Take that, GA Assembly people.

sdilullo

rxmurphy wrote:This is excellent. I can now buy wine on Sunday in Georgia! Take that, GA Assembly people.

Haha, +1

my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

cheron98

InShadows wrote:If the rats can strike at any time, then are the rules for rattage going to change again as well? Is it going to more of a free-for-all, where if you buy a wine, you are in the lottery to rat the upcoming week?

That's the current rule - purchase Friday - 10am Wednesday to be entered to be a rat for the upcoming Friday (now week).

A free-for-all would be more of a "if you've ever purchased from w.w, you're entered"

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
cheron98 wrote:A free-for-all would be more of a "if you've ever purchased from w.w, you're entered"

I could go for that. Give mill a few rattage bottles for being mill.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

tomhaes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomhaes

Sunday wine sales are against the law in my state (CT). Will I go to jail if I buy on wine.woot this Sunday?

mshilko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mshilko

Coming soon..

A new wine every hour!! ahhh! Stop the insanity!

sdilullo

mshilko wrote:Coming soon..

A new wine every hour!! ahhh! Stop the insanity!

The thought of a perma-Wine-Woot-Off is enough to make me want to shred my credit cards...

texacaliali

quality posts: 137 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

thank for explaining Jason, soo excited about what's on the 1st Saturday calendar that focus is tough today - well streaming http://www.youtube.com/ACLFESTIVAL live today isn't helping either.

WineDavid was my Boss!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Maybe a Scott Harvey weekend! I could live with that

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
texacaliali wrote:thank for explaining Jason, soo excited about what's on the 1st Saturday calendar that focus is tough today - well streaming http://www.youtube.com/ACLFESTIVAL live today isn't helping either.

I'm enjoying ACL more streaming via YouTube sitting in the cool weather of Vancouver than I did being there in person last year Now, if only I had access to my wine collection up here.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

redwinefan wrote:I'm enjoying ACL more streaming via YouTube sitting in the cool weather of Vancouver than I did being there in person last year Now, if only I had access to my wine collection up here.

seriously had some epic times a past ACL's put the live streaming is the BEST - makes me homesick for Austin a bit too. I lived off of Barton Springs about 6 blocks away for a few years. So fun (but hot as hell).

A ton of great French wines in Vancouver, have some fun!

WineDavid was my Boss!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tytiger58 wrote:Maybe a Scott Harvey weekend! I could live with that

A Winemaker Weekend might not be so bad ... except on our wallets!

But making the weekend highlight their wines might not be so bad. Each night one or two different varietals.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

texacaliali

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:A Winemaker Weekend might not be so bad ... except on our wallets!

But making the weekend highlight their wines might not be so bad. Each night one or two different varietals.

I like!

WineDavid was my Boss!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Not like it matters to me today, because they won't/can't ship this one to NY, but it seems to me the Law of Diminishing Returns will eventually apply here. We all have a finite amount of disposable cash, with possibly a few exceptions. We all have a finite amount of storage space, except Sparky, who apparently has an endless supply of wine lockers around the countryside. And we all have a finite ability to consume wine.
And sooner or later, the glut of wine to sell off at bargain prices is bound to give out.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus

ddeuddeg wrote:And sooner or later, the glut of wine to sell off at bargain prices is bound to give out.

This seems to me to be the biggest (future) concern. Eventually, the market will turn again and most of these discount sites -- woot being the original -- will die because of a lack of product. So, let's stock up now!!!

fait

quality posts: 16 Private Messages fait

Introducing weekend wine.woots. Now with 40% more challenge to your SIWBM!

Woot - and ONLY Woot - can manage to upset their loyal customer base by adding more great deals. They're making my SIWBM hurt.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

So, has Woot given us a definitive answer on how ratting works under the new system? Which day of the week offer do we have to buy to qualify as an upcoming rat? Or is everything just random now?

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

kylemittskus

redwinefan wrote:So, has Woot given us a definitive answer on how ratting works under the new system? Which day of the week offer do we have to buy to qualify as an upcoming rat? Or is everything just random now?

Completely random. Much more woot-ish, IMO.

Gr8brit1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gr8brit1

WE want Wine, not wine bags.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Gr8brit1 wrote:WE want Wine, not wine bags.

It's Thursday, get over it.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi
North316 wrote:It's Thursday, get over it.

lol

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

kylemittskus

Seriously. How do people who want to complain about the Thursday deals always end up finding dead threads in which to post?