MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
polarbear22 wrote:Do they get you Maine lobsters? Or some inferior ones?

"OUR LOBSTERS ARE FLOWN IN FRESH DAILY FROM THE COLD, CLEAN ATLANTIC OCEAN"

"Every year we fly in fresh over 16 tons of live Maine lobsters direct from the clean, cold waters of the Gulf of Maine. We cut out the middleman and buy direct from the largest supplier in the world – The William Atwood Lobster Company."

So that would be Yes to Maine and No to inferior ones.

Edit: Oooooo ... you know what.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Edit: Oooooo ... you know what.

What?

Edit: Did you just figure out that they sell inferior "Canadian" lobsters too? Oh No! Canadian lobsters are just as good if you're eating them a day out of the water... You'll be able to tell what you have by the bands on the claws.

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
MarkDaSpark wrote:"OUR LOBSTERS ARE FLOWN IN FRESH DAILY FROM THE COLD, CLEAN ATLANTIC OCEAN"

Aren't the terms "clean" and "Atlantic Ocean" oxymoronic?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
cjsiege wrote:Aren't the terms "clean" and "Atlantic Ocean" oxymoronic?

Same as "clean" and "Pacific" depending on where you are.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:Same as "clean" and "Pacific" depending on where you are.

Or clean and sparky!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:What?

Edit: Did you just figure out that they sell inferior "Canadian" lobsters too? Oh No! Canadian lobsters are just as good if you're eating them a day out of the water... You'll be able to tell what you have by the bands on the claws.

No, they weed those out by the beer they drink.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Or clean and sparky!

Along with Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Cheerful, Brave, and Reverent.

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Along with Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Cheerful, Brave, and Reverent.

A right apostle you are

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

So who got star wars on bluray? Did he ruin it? Should I get it?

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bhodilee wrote:So who got star wars on bluray? Did he ruin it? Should I get it?

I did, just watched Phantom. Besides the movie itself, what did you think might suck? ;)

I did notice that in the Jedi council scene there was tons of light blooming around the heads from the bright sky outside...

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
mother wrote:I did, just watched Phantom. Besides the movie itself, what did you think might suck? ;)

I did notice that in the Jedi council scene there was tons of light blooming around the heads from the bright sky outside...

Nah, that's just their halos. Because we all know that everyone on the Jedi Council is an absolute saint.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Along with Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Cheerful, Brave, and Reverent.

You left out Obedient and Thrifty.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:A right apostle you are

Nope, just a flipping Eagle Scout ....

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:You left out Obedient and Thrifty.

Obviously! You have to ask?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:
"Every year we fly in fresh over 16 tons of live Maine lobsters direct from the clean, cold waters of the Gulf of Maine. We cut out the middleman and buy direct from the largest supplier in the world – The William Atwood Lobster Company."

Well then, enjoy your lobsters. Going to Cape Cod in a couple of weeks, so some fresh lobster and oysters in my future.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
polarbear22 wrote:Well then, enjoy your lobsters. Going to Cape Cod in a couple of weeks, so some fresh lobster and oysters in my future.

Should be a nice time of year to visit (quieter and less busy.)

Enjoy!

edthebedhead

Almost hit while driving by Connecticut's Governer Dannel P. Malloy! ... But at least he drives a Subaru!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Anyone traveling to Houston anytime? Preferably someone that I could convince to pop by Detroit first?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

polarbear22

edthebedhead wrote:Almost hit while driving by Connecticut's Governer Dannel P. Malloy! ... But at least he drives a Subaru!

Luckily you avoided an accident. Not the way to meet the Gov.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

one more day till surgery!!! I can't believe I am saying this... but I can't wait....

polarbear22

mommadeb1 wrote:one more day till surgery!!! I can't believe I am saying this... but I can't wait....

Good luck. We'll pray it goes well, and you recover quickly.

My Cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:one more day till surgery!!! I can't believe I am saying this... but I can't wait....

What PB said.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

edthebedhead

3rded.

MarkDaSpark

4th'd .....

Lobsters consumed. Teri Nunn with Berlin was fantastic!!!

In fact the only thing better would have been going on-stage with them .....

(Teri Nunn was far right in the pic)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Thanks for all the positive thoughts everyone!!! It means a lot to me!!!! I hope everyone has a great Monday!!