klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Server fail -> double post.

503 errors rule the half hour of the Bundle of Crops

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:Keep refreshing that screen and tell it to continue. You can only order 1 Bundle of Crops so you won't accidentally order another.

didnt get one. oh well

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:yeah, i was getting the buy page pretty regular, now I'm not. Whatever. I'm not too concerned, but it's the chase!

Woot!

on 9/14/2011, you successfully wooted.

You want 1

Bindle of Carrots
You ordered 3 Random Crap.

Just keep refreshing and continuing on the Buy page. Worked finally for me.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

We could use this around here.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Woot!

You want 1

Bindle of Carrots

that I did, it did not work for me. I don't need any more crap in my house. I've got three kids worth of crap all over the house.

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
MarkDaSpark wrote:Woot!

You want 1

Bindle of Carrots

Lucky you....nothing for me. Had three browsers open refreshing multiple buy windows with nothing. I have had about 6 or 7 Bundle of Crops in the past and really only had something useful once...it is more the chase and the fact that I can't have one that makes me want it.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:that I did, it did not work for me. I don't need any more crap in my house. I've got three kids worth of crap all over the house.

I thought you said you had an inside toilet? Is the power out?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

LSlipetz wrote:Lucky you....nothing for me. Had three browsers open refreshing multiple buy windows with nothing. I have had about 6 or 7 Bundle of Crops in the past and really only had something useful once...it is more the chase and the fact that I can't have one that makes me want it.

So true. And I've missed on quite a few lately. Had a dry spell after the Xmas Bundle of Crops til July. Then missed in August.

This one makes 9 ... but I didn't get my first until '08.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Can someone point me to a definition of what a Bundle of Crops is? Google is helping me, and I'm rarely on the main woot site (although I did procure a cheap ice cream maker earlier this morning!)

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bhodilee

redwinefan wrote:Can someone point me to a definition of what a Bundle of Crops is? Google is helping me, and I'm rarely on the main woot site (although I did procure a cheap ice cream maker earlier this morning!)

for 8 bucks, you get stuff. What stuff? Who knows. You'll get some kind of bag and that's about the only guarantee. Though that's not a guarantee either. Basically, you fork over 8 bucks and you may get a bunch of useless crap, or you could get some sweet stuff. I've scored two, I got a GPS unit in one and an alarm clock I can hook a Sansa to. Both things around 90 retail. Other people get broken action figures. Go figure. I got other stuff in mine also, but those were the best two things. I think PS got like 4 or 5 Zunes in one once.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
redwinefan wrote:Can someone point me to a definition of what a Bundle of Crops is? Google is helping me, and I'm rarely on the main woot site (although I did procure a cheap ice cream maker earlier this morning!)

It's a good ice cream maker. Make some homemade yogurt and then freeze with a fruit puree for tasty deliciousness. If you add in sugar macerated fruit the last couple minutes of the freeze cycle then you get gooey bits of real fruit also.

Bundle of Crops is a box of crap. I received 2010 daily desk calendars in Nov, 2010, for example. A strange t-shirt. A camera case. Puzzles fit for a 3 year old. A 6 pack of some Cinderella computer game or something. Everything was truly crappy It's like a lottery...you will likely get complete crap for your $8, but occasionally you might get something worthwhile.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

SJCwineaux

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SJCwineaux

It's a grab bag. There are many euphemisms, either from the Woot filters or to avoid them, used for it's real name. Now that the servers are back up you can see the "rules" in the Blog post.

Got to remember: Buy less, drink more!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Thanks. I thought maybe it was somehow different than the ol Box of Crap.

Which brings up the point, we need the wine.woot version of that... the Box of Grapes or something. For $10 you get a random bottle of wine and some crappy wine accessories.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

SJCwineaux

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SJCwineaux
redwinefan wrote:Thanks. I thought maybe it was somehow different than the ol Box of Crap.

Which brings up the point, we need the wine.woot version of that... the Box of Grapes or something. For $10 you get a random bottle of wine and some crappy wine accessories.

That's been discussed, but the conversation always gets to the shipping restrictions and gives up. It seems too hard of a problem to expect the Wine.Woot! crew to take it on.

Got to remember: Buy less, drink more!

LSlipetz

redwinefan wrote:Thanks. I thought maybe it was somehow different than the ol Box of Crap.

Your confusing was caused because woot filters for the word BOC and changes it to Bundle of Crops If you hit reply on someone's post you can see what they originally typed.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Speak like a pirate day is coming up soon so in honor of that day here is a sing along. If you watch it at 3:14 you might see some friends from a well known winery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJUo5MDDmA8

LSlipetz

tiger7610 wrote:Speak like a pirate day is coming up soon so in honor of that day here is a sing along. If you watch it at 3:14 you might see some friends from a well known winery

I can never forget that day because it is my wedding anniversary. Of course we didnt plan it that way, but I have a lot of friends that wish me a happy speak like a pirate day as a joke instead of sending their well wishes on my anniversary.

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:It's a good ice cream maker. Make some homemade yogurt and then freeze with a fruit puree for tasty deliciousness. If you add in sugar macerated fruit the last couple minutes of the freeze cycle then you get gooey bits of real fruit also.

Bundle of Crops is a box of crap. I received 2010 daily desk calendars in Nov, 2010, for example. A strange t-shirt. A camera case. Puzzles fit for a 3 year old. A 6 pack of some Cinderella computer game or something. Everything was truly crappy It's like a lottery...you will likely get complete crap for your $8, but occasionally you might get something worthwhile.

It really varies at times. Look at the shipping notice, the heavier it is, the more (or better) stuff there might be. Last one had the RC Water Gun Car.

Others ... not so good.

And I have a set of 10 Director Pack Pirates of the Carribean Disney CD ROM Software for the Disney Flix Video Cam. Free to good homes!

MarkDaSpark

tiger7610 wrote:Speak like a pirate day is coming up soon so in honor of that day here is a sing along. If you watch it at 3:14 you might see some friends from a well known winery

Need more slender wenches!!!! And Pirates as well, although the last group from Long Beach seemed fairly slender.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Too funny!! Makes me want to see more Twisted oak on the woot off!!!!

my favorite was the talking hand!!

LSlipetz

MarkDaSpark wrote:It really varies at times. Look at the shipping notice, the heavier it is, the more (or better) stuff there might be. Last one had the RC Water Gun Car.

Others ... not so good.

And I have a set of 10 Director Pack Pirates of the Carribean Disney CD ROM Software for the Disney Flix Video Cam. Free to good homes!

Yeah, here are two examples of my crap....Nothing too great. I usually find at least one thing I could use out of each box though....notice I say use not need.

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm

Alyssia will be having surgery on her skull Thurs AM. Please keep her I your prayers.

Off to bed I go. Sparky, please keep monkey watch for me. Thanks! g'night all!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

PM for HAK, who hopefully is well asleep by now.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Alyssia will be having surgery on her skull Thurs AM. Please keep her I your prayers.

Off to bed I go. Sparky, please keep monkey watch for me. Thanks! g'night all!

Thanks, but I think it's ovah.

BlackCauldron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlackCauldron

Morning Update

Sparky was put on monkey alert.

At least he took it like a champ.

Keep Alyssia in your thoughts and prayers as she goes into surgery today.

Sparky also says it's over. What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? (Aside: when I quote this, there is a rising percentage of people who do not get the reference. Humanity as we know it is doomed. What's next - people not recognizing The Princess Bride quotes?)

Nurse Laura is whispering sweet nothings into HAK's ear while he's asleep or maybe giving him advice on how to kick the bug he has. He has less than 48 hours to get better. Can he overcome the insurmountable odds and be healthy in time for Cat's arrival? Tune in next time - same wine time, same wine channel.

"We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine" Eduardo Galeano
Oh, poor miserable Gurgi deserves fierce smackings and whackings on his poor, tender head. Always left with no munchings and crunchings.

BlackCauldron

What do people think of the new UPS My Choice system? It states that an electronic signature can be used to release packages. Now I haven't seen anything that says it is also for packages that contain alcohol but this is an interesting development. I'm sure the other delivery systems will soon follow if this is successful during the upcoming holiday season.

"We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine" Eduardo Galeano
Oh, poor miserable Gurgi deserves fierce smackings and whackings on his poor, tender head. Always left with no munchings and crunchings.

bhodilee

BlackCauldron wrote:What do people think of the new UPS My Choice system? It states that an electronic signature can be used to release packages. Now I haven't seen anything that says it is also for packages that contain alcohol but this is an interesting development. I'm sure the other delivery systems will soon follow if this is successful during the upcoming holiday season.

I like that you can have it held no problems. If I still could buy much wine, I would totally get that. 3 more years of daycare though.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
BlackCauldron wrote:What do people think of the new UPS My Choice system? It states that an electronic signature can be used to release packages. Now I haven't seen anything that says it is also for packages that contain alcohol but this is an interesting development. I'm sure the other delivery systems will soon follow if this is successful during the upcoming holiday season.

I think it's a pretty nice idea. Although I'd still prefer to have my wine held somewhere temperature controlled. Although it SAYS you can get it delivered to a local UPS store... that's gonna hurt their mailbox business, I think.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
BlackCauldron wrote:Morning Update

Sparky also says it's over. What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? (Aside: when I quote this, there is a rising percentage of people who do not get the reference. Humanity as we know it is doomed. What's next - people not recognizing The Princess Bride quotes?)

Toga. Toga. Toga.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:I think it's a pretty nice idea. Although I'd still prefer to have my wine held somewhere temperature controlled. Although it SAYS you can get it delivered to a local UPS store... that's gonna hurt their mailbox business, I think.

Possibly, but IMO, only those who have a mailbox there to receive, may drop their mailbox. Most people have a mailbox for other reasons besides receiving.

Have to re-look at their policies on holding, but I would imagine that you will only have 3 days to pick up the box before it's sent back. I believe box-holders have 7 to 10 days to pick up.

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Toga. Toga. Toga.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Wrong John Belushi movie.

BlackCauldron

MarkDaSpark wrote:You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Wrong John Belushi movie.

You are now on double secret probation.

Right John Belushi movie.

bhodilee

BlackCauldron wrote:You are now on double secret probation.

Right John Belushi movie.

wasn't your quote from 1941 though? I think that's what Sparks was eluding to.

Nope Double helping of fail

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:wasn't your quote from 1941 though? I think that's what Sparks was eluding to.

Nope Double helping of fail

Doh!

I was thinking BC was commenting on how some people would accept the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor (as in general history fail) and that PB was doing a play on "Tora! Tora! Tora!" that was used in Animal House with John Belushi.

So I was trying to play on that by using 1941 (the other JB film). Not realizing that BC was using a quote from Animal House (must watch it again!).

Oh, and BC? You are also on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION! For using a non Princess Bride quote in the Pub!

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

wine.woot x 7!!!

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim
joelsisk wrote:AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

wine.woot x 7!!!

And...my wallet will be about 40% lighter. Gah!

mommadeb1

went to my pre-op dr. appt. today... Things are going great... my biopsy from last week was normal!! Surgery on Tue. down time 2 days, then I am back to work... no heavy lifting for 2 weeks!!!! (translates to no housework for me!!)

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:And...my wallet will be about 40% lighter. Gah!

Crap... of course this comes when I will be careful of $$ as I have a big deductible to pay for my surgery!!! no fair....

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:went to my pre-op dr. appt. today... Things are going great... my biopsy from last week was normal!! Surgery on Tue. down time 2 days, then I am back to work... no heavy lifting for 2 weeks!!!! (translates to no housework for me!!)

Good news. But good luck with that housework. Will the family step up? Or try and hide?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:Good news. But good luck with that housework. Will the family step up? Or try and hide?

Well I have to give credit to hubby. He has been cooking dinner this week!! I am soo tired after working (I know he is too) and I just kinda feel like blah. So at least we will be fed.... the kids can do their own wash if they need clean clothes.... as far as vacuuming and other stuff? I seriously doubt it will be done..... but I am not stressing over it...