tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

And so it begins, its bad enough that I'm holding out on buying 6 bottles of the Rhino since apparently no one wants to split, who knows what will tomorrow bring.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I'm bummed that summer shipping is over already. I probably will have to abstain from buying during this woot-off to avoid cooked wine.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

It's weird to be up during the beginning of a woot off...San Fran is such a cool town.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
otolith wrote:It's weird to be up during the beginning of a woot off...San Fran is such a cool town.

San Fran is one of my favorite "great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there" places.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Cesare wrote:Oh there you are. Check out the monkeys, not sure if you need.

Got 3 more just in case .... but up to date on all of them. Thanks!

Edit: And why do I have a sneaking suspicion that the Bundle of Crops may be hidden this time as well. Since they have the "Crapshoot: Deliver a Bag" and the "Fling a Monkey" games.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

If anyone shops at Whole Foods, Living Social has a $10 for $20 coupon up right now. If two more people buy through (got mine free, so use Cheron's link if she puts it up) then I get mine for free. So, who's going to be my next two friends?

It'll help me feel better, after the past couple days of feeling like death has kicked me around and left me on the side of the road.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:If anyone shops at Whole Foods, Living Social has a $10 for $20 coupon up right now. If two more people buy through my link then I get mine for free. So, who's going to be my next two friends?

It'll help me feel better, after the past couple days of feeling like death has kicked me around and left me on the side of the road.

Rats I was going to buy it this morning and post it up and cajole everyone into buying it from me I don't typically shop at Whole Foods, but there's one near me, so getting half off on groceries is always a good deal to me, even if I have to go out of my way to get it. You should be seeing a referral soon.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:wine.woot facebook page says: WD's clue for tomorrow: clear the calendar.

I think we're in for a wootoff! And something tells me there will be some Twisted Oak during it...

Something tells me there will be some Humanitas!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

after returning to dc on the redeye and heading straight to work, i find myself in the midst of a woot off? blech... now my wallet will be hurting as much as my head...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

otolith

lauratchi wrote:San Fran is one of my favorite "great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there" places.

Agreed. It is such a beautiful city, but I don't think I would want to live here.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:Agreed. It is such a beautiful city, but I don't think I would want to live here.

Further down the Peninsula is quite nice, though. A lot less fog, if you're a fan of sunshine. Especially if you're in BART or Caltrain range. I'd take San Francisco over New York any day, though.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

redwinefan

bahwm wrote:Something tells me there will be some Humanitas!

Humanitas AND Twisted Oak. Uhoh.

Cesare

quality posts: 1695 Private Messages Cesare
redwinefan wrote:I'm bummed that summer shipping is over already. I probably will have to abstain from buying during this woot-off to avoid cooked wine.

I'm not sure but, I think summer shipping has not ended. All the wine offers after the albino have $7 shipping. So either the albino was a mistake or all the ones after are a mistake.
Last year $7 ended on Friday 9/17. The Monday 9/20 offer had $5 shipping and there was a woot-off the next day. This year the woot-off came a week earlier.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom

Speaking of the woot-off, I just noticed the banner ad for the bag o'c delivery game. I wonder if that's what we'll have instead of the standard version. Can't play the game here at the office, we're Flash-impaired.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

twisted oak is up now!!

cheron98

Sooo... speaking of Twisted Oak...

The next Twisted Few shipment is coming. Here's what we're getting -> http://www.twistedoak.com/tf

If you would like to add-on any of these to have shipped to me and I get to you at some point, let me know by like tomorrow so I can get you payment information so you can pay me by like Thursday so I can submit the order before I go away for the weekend.

2008 River of Skulls = $29.68/bottle
2009 Torcido = $27.14
2008 Ol' Chumbucket = $29.68/bottle

MarkDaSpark

InFrom wrote:Speaking of the woot-off, I just noticed the banner ad for the bag o'c delivery game. I wonder if that's what we'll have instead of the standard version. Can't play the game here at the office, we're Flash-impaired.

Sure glad people read the pub ... since I already asked that 12 hours before!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Aren't Woot Server errors fun?

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
MarkDaSpark wrote:Sure glad people read the pub ... since I already asked that 12 hours before!

And I still don't see either of those games anywhere... Where are you finding them?

cheron98

mother wrote:And I still don't see either of those games anywhere... Where are you finding them?

Disable your ad-blocker, then reload the main woot page a few times until it cycles through all the shirt.woot ads and comes up on top of the page.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mother wrote:And I still don't see either of those games anywhere... Where are you finding them?

look at woot.com box is just under the buy one button
Edit sometimes I see a shirt.woot ad in that spot

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Aren't Woot Server errors fun?

Too funny! I needed to check something on my account. I tried to access it via my computer and got a 503 error a few times, Tried my phone at the same time and noo problem! Go figure!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

redwinefan

cheron98 wrote:Sooo... speaking of Twisted Oak...

The next Twisted Few shipment is coming. Here's what we're getting -> http://www.twistedoak.com/tf

If you would like to add-on any of these to have shipped to me and I get to you at some point, let me know by like tomorrow so I can get you payment information so you can pay me by like Thursday so I can submit the order before I go away for the weekend.

2008 River of Skulls = $29.68/bottle
2009 Torcido = $27.14
2008 Ol' Chumbucket = $29.68/bottle

Don't forget there is still a River of Skulls offer for Wooters who purchased the TO case offer. I've never had RoS, but I'm looking forward to my first club shipment. Not sure if I need 3 more bottles in addition to that though.

redwinefan

Cesare wrote:I'm not sure but, I think summer shipping has not ended. All the wine offers after the albino have $7 shipping. So either the albino was a mistake or all the ones after are a mistake.
Last year $7 ended on Friday 9/17. The Monday 9/20 offer had $5 shipping and there was a woot-off the next day. This year the woot-off came a week earlier.

Yes, I'm happy to see that summer shipping came back. Still haven't bit on anything yet during this Woot-off, but now I might.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

Skipped the white chef's jacket, but picked up one of these tonight.
Trappistes Rochefort 6

mommadeb1

you know what else I would like to see during this woot off? I never thought I would say it... Gazi Pinot......My mom even loved it!!!

mommadeb1

redwinefan wrote:Don't forget there is still a River of Skulls offer for Wooters who purchased the TO case offer. I've never had RoS, but I'm looking forward to my first club shipment. Not sure if I need 3 more bottles in addition to that though.

rub it in for those that missed the case offer!

MarkDaSpark

redwinefan wrote:Yes, I'm happy to see that summer shipping came back. Still haven't bit on anything yet during this Woot-off, but now I might.

You will regret not biting on the Wellington Victory!

And what Cat & PB said for the two Bundle of Crops games, mostly on the main Woot page at the top and in the deals area.

No one has said anything about them elsewhere, so maybe not a hidden Bundle of Crops They usually reserve those for non-woot offs. I think.

redwinefan

MarkDaSpark wrote:You will regret not biting on the Wellington Victory!

I've already got a few of those hidden away in my storage. Still have yet to try one.

cheron98

redwinefan wrote:Don't forget there is still a River of Skulls offer for Wooters who purchased the TO case offer. I've never had RoS, but I'm looking forward to my first club shipment. Not sure if I need 3 more bottles in addition to that though.

The answer is Yes. Yes you do.

I bought 2 bottles of it during the last shipment as an add-on because Jeff rocks and pre-released it to us when I asked him about it, and I was happy with that. When I discovered today the next TF shipment was going to get me another skulls, I squealed

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:The answer is Yes. Yes you do.

I bought 2 bottles of it during the last shipment as an add-on because Jeff rocks and pre-released it to us when I asked him about it, and I was happy with that. When I discovered today the next TF shipment was going to get me another skulls, I squealed

I am soooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!

mommadeb1

ok, I have too many wine brain cells going... I haven't seen Poizin in a while.... I am down to my last bottle.....

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:ok, I have too many wine brain cells going... I haven't seen Poizin in a while.... I am down to my last bottle.....

IIRC, PoiZin usually shows up first or second week in October, just in time for delivery by Halloween.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:IIRC, PoiZin usually shows up first or second week in October, just in time for delivery by Halloween.

Ohh.. I told you I had wine brain cells.... Didn't event think about that...... thanks!!
It gives me something else to think about... that and how many boxes of wine will be arriving at my house the first week of October.....

otolith

klezman wrote:Further down the Peninsula is quite nice, though. A lot less fog, if you're a fan of sunshine. Especially if you're in BART or Caltrain range. I'd take San Francisco over New York any day, though.

I think I am more of a West Coast kinda guy as well. I'm happy where I live, but if I had to move, it would be to the West.

--John Muir

mommadeb1

Are you ready for this? I was watching Vine Talk on PBS tonight. The show was over and the sponsor commercials came on, and I got up and left the room. My son (11) says "hey mom, you need this aerator, it goes right on the top of your wine bottle"... I asked how he knew it was an aerator and he replied "cause of the sound it made when the wine went in, I knew what it was"..... hmmmmmmmm..... should I be impressed or scared???

edthebedhead

mommadeb1 wrote:Are you ready for this? I was watching Vine Talk on PBS tonight. The show was over and the sponsor commercials came on, and I got up and left the room. My son (11) says "hey mom, you need this aerator, it goes right on the top of your wine bottle"... I asked how he knew it was an aerator and he replied "cause of the sound it made when the wine went in, I knew what it was"..... hmmmmmmmm..... should I be impressed or scared???

impressed. Get him a book about how things work, or wikipedia or something cool.

edthebedhead

otolith wrote:I think I am more of a West Coast kinda guy as well. I'm happy where I live, but if I had to move, it would be to the West.

I'm leaning west. Due to fiance - I expect I'll have to move next summer. I'm looking at alaska, portland, seattle, colorado, utah, and california. Which leaves a problem - California is huge. LA is way different than San Diego, different than, etc etc , San Fran, Sacremento, etc.

Not sure how to check out all these places. But I'll have to visit some I suppose. And try some wines.

mommadeb1

edthebedhead wrote:impressed. Get him a book about how things work, or wikipedia or something cool.

He is already examining how things work.... now if I can just motivate him to work... that would be great!!!!

mommadeb1

I am tired and need to go to bed.... but I am afraid of what I will miss.... How sad is that?