PetiteSirah

quality posts: 76 Private Messages PetiteSirah

Sorry, this is a rough one, guys!

But PoSt away, folks!

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 168 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of September 12th.

Visit our Wine.Woot Event Calendar on Google Calendar!

September
TBD: SoCal #18: Raiding zTimB & Sparky's Wine Lockers
TBD:Minnesota # whatever the heck it would be (also showing as Minnesota #17)

October
10/1:NoVA/DC #25: Churrascaria!!! Large, Grilled Meat!!!
10/21-23: WNY #7: Finger Lakes Wine Tour
TBD: Vegas # 5 CyberPub Cellars-Rogue Rhone-Pub Blend #3

Pending
TBD: NYC #18
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab!

So Join or Create a WW Gathering now!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

PetiteSirah wrote:Sorry, this is a rough one, guys!

But PoSt away, folks!

Title's fine. Your West Coast Mom says "Hi!"

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:Madwine says "hi" to everyone. She wants me to go with her to Bad, Bath, & Beyond (yes, I meant to type that), but MadWino and I are going swimming in the cement pond.

And just watched 49ers run back another return for a TD. So while she's sad that Peyton is out for 6 months and the Giants lost (she thinks Eli is hot), she's happy that the 49ers are winning! (MadWine is trying to kick me out, but the crazy attack kitty is holding my slippers for ransom.)

Sparky NEEDS TO LEAVE MY HOME NOW!!!!!!

And no, I'm going swimming, not shopping!!

Really? No one likes MadWine anymore?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus

PB: if you're still looking:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0056YNA1Q/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=redir_mdp_mobile&tag=dealswoot-20&t=slicinc-20

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

X-Post from old Pub:

mommadeb1 wrote:I hope everyone has a great Monday!!

I am trying to be positive.... ha ha ha ... I hate mondays!!!!

MarkDaSpark

Facebook Help time!!!

You're in a mental hospital, use the first six people (no cheating!) on your list on your profile.

1. Person who drove you crazy: bahwm
2. Person who signed you in: lauratchi (Nurse Laura always looks out for us!!)
3. Your doctor: MeWalk707 (I'm really in trouble!)
4. Person in the corner drooling on themselves: GregoryLane
5. Your room mate: bhodilee
6. Person who helps you break out: bhodilee's Wife (probably because I'm room-mates with him!)

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Really? No one likes MadWine anymore?

I love MadWine, I'm just afraid she'll shoot me

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:I love MadWine, I'm just afraid she'll shoot me

If you don't say "hi" back, she will!!

Actually, she's too nice to do anything like that. Of course, she is BFF with Nallie .....

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22
kylemittskus wrote:PB: if you're still looking:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0056YNA1Q/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=redir_mdp_mobile&tag=dealswoot-20&t=slicinc-20

Thanks. It looks like that is not available, and what came up for me was not networked. But I did some looking at Amazon. More options there.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

ATTENTION SE MICHIGANDERS!

Corrado is coming to town! Calling an emergency gathering! BYOB! Come join us!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
MarkDaSpark wrote:Facebook Help time!!!

You're in a mental hospital, use the first six people (no cheating!) on your list on your profile.

6. Person who helps you break out: bhodilee's Wife (probably because I'm room-mates with him!)

Hey!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I'd say there's a better than average chance it was done out of mercy, and I probably got left there.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
MarkDaSpark wrote:Really? No one likes MadWine anymore?

Of course we love madwine! By the time I saw the post, I figured the two of you had gone to BB&B, uh, I mean swimming!

sanity

bhodilee wrote:I'd say there's a better than average chance it was done out of mercy, and I probably got left there.

.....and how's the ankle?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
sanity wrote:.....and how's the ankle?

hurts when I walk too much. Pretty sure there is something in there with a bruise on it.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
polarbear22 wrote:Thanks. It looks like that is not available, and what came up for me was not networked. But I did some looking at Amazon. More options there.

I don't know what any of that means = I fail.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:ATTENTION SE MICHIGANDERS!

Corrado is coming to town! Calling an emergency gathering! BYOB! Come join us!

bhodilee wrote:I'd have gone with hide the women and children, but whatever.

I have to go with bowtie on this one ....

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Thanks. It looks like that is not available, and what came up for me was not networked. But I did some looking at Amazon. More options there.

It still showed up at the sale price for me. You might want to get it to attach to the NAS (Network Attached Storage) device as additional storage.

This looks good, but only has a USB 2.0 attachment (you can attach a USB external drive as additional storage).

USB 3.0 is faster speeds than USB 2.0 for data transfer. I believe that a USB 3.0 device can attach to a 2.0 port, but it will run at that slower speed.

I really like this one, says it supports up to 10 PC's and you can also use it to backup any external USB device you have using the front port. You can also stream media to DLNA compliant devices.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:I don't know what any of that means = I fail.

Your link was to a USB external drive. PB was looking for a device that had a network port on it. As in Network Attached Storage (NAS) device.

BlackCauldron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlackCauldron
MarkDaSpark wrote:NAS information here

I prefer the Drobo. It's expandable and you don't need two or more of the same drive for expansion. It's easy to upgrade to the next size for hard drives. It's a custom RAID and you won't lose any data should a single hard drive fail. You have a visual warning that a disk is about to fail so you can replace it without losing your data. And it's fun to say.

"We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine" Eduardo Galeano
Oh, poor miserable Gurgi deserves fierce smackings and whackings on his poor, tender head. Always left with no munchings and crunchings.

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother
BlackCauldron wrote:I prefer the Drobo.

That looks great, but too spendy for home use. Great SoHo NAS option though...

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Actually, she's too nice to do anything like that.

Is there someone else you're referring to as madwine that I don't know about? :P

CT

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:3. Your doctor: MeWalk707 (I'm really in trouble!)

It'd be awesome, she'd prescribe a bloody mary in the mornings, a margarita for the afternoons, and wine for dinner!

CT

sanity

x-posted:

zmanonice wrote:Going to Vegas for the first time next weekend. I know you guys have been there a number of times especially with the Pub Blend. Are there any restaurants you would recommend?

Thanks,

Z

Everyone has given you good advice. The Hilton is a great location for visiting other properties. Use the monorail at Cat suggested; make sure you purchase a pass.

Places to go depend upon your budget. Restaurant week ended today What types of food and/or dining experience are you looking for?

2 of my favorite local food critics:
John Curtas (writes Eating Las Vegas) and Al Mancini (Second Deadly Sin).

They, along with Max Jacobson wrote a book called Eating Las Vegas. It's only about $11, and a great intro to the favorite eateries in town, many very reasonably priced.

polarbear22

kylemittskus wrote:I don't know what any of that means = I fail.

I don't know enough either, that I why I needed help. Basically, I want to connect to my router, so that any PC at home can read and write to it.

Thanks for the help. Off target, but in the right spirit.

Edit: And Sparky already responded to both of us.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

polarbear22

Staples came through pretty well for us. There was some confusion on the price for the laptop we bought yesterday. Side bar price when looking at another model was $100 less than the price when looking direct. We could not reproduce at the store, so thought it was just a delay in updating. But I got the same lower price on another laptop and the touchpad. Called back and a manager tried to reproduce, and couldn't. Gave me their corporate number. They couldn't honor the price, but gave me a $100 coupon. Pretty fair I thought.

And now I plan to have them price match Best Buy on the network hard drive. Only problem, Staples is out of stock of the drives I want.

My Cellar

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
tenuki wrote:It'd be awesome, she'd prescribe a bloody mary in the mornings, a margarita for the afternoons, and wine for dinner!

You just described my yesterday. Except you missed the coffee with kahlua and baileys. Slacker.

cheron98

Just had dinner with Corrado and kmeyersvt. Shared a lovely bottle of Rosenblum Vinter's Cuvee XXXIII Zinfandel. The weather was beautiful, so we sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine while dining on our Irish fare. Fish n chips for Corrado and me, and I didn't catch what K got...a sandwich of some sort. Passed along a bottle of the 2009 and 2010 CyberPub Cellars wines for their enjoyment. Twas awesome to FINALLY get to meet Corrado!

I really should make a list sometime of all the wooters I've met...

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Have any of you ever been sans corkscrew and this desperate to open a bottle of wine?

"All you really need to break into a wine bottle is a hard object like a tree or a shoe, a towel, some pluck, and a diminished sense of shame." I have all those things! Yay! I also have corkscrew redundancy. I remember this one time, at band camp, I broke the corkscrew and desperation/hilarity ensued. It wasn't really at band camp, though. It was at my mom's house.

polarbear22

cheron98 wrote:Just had dinner with Corrado and kmeyersvt. Shared a lovely bottle of Rosenblum Vinter's Cuvee XXXIII Zinfandel. The weather was beautiful, so we sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine while dining on our Irish fare. Fish n chips for Corrado and me, and I didn't catch what K got...a sandwich of some sort. Passed along a bottle of the 2009 and 2010 CyberPub Cellars wines for their enjoyment. Twas awesome to FINALLY get to meet Corrado!

I really should make a list sometime of all the wooters I've met...

Glad you had a good time. I have to meet Corrado sometime. Have not been up to his area since we started on Woot. Before then, it was every couple of years.

My Cellar

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 76 Private Messages PetiteSirah
tenuki wrote:I love MadWine, I'm just afraid she'll shoot me

The solution is to go shooting with her and impress her with your firearms prowess.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:X-Post from old Pub:

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
zmanonice wrote:Going to Vegas for the first time next weekend. I know you guys have been there a number of times especially with the Pub Blend. Are there any restaurants you would recommend?

Thanks,

Z

Really depends on your budget. Vegas offers some great food, but some of that comes with a fairly large price tag. I will give you a few of my favorites.

Mesa Grill @ Caesers Palace is one of my favorite restaurants there. Kind of pricey, but really delicious food. I try to visit here at least once a year on one of my trips to Vegas. I would suggest the veal chop...so tender you can almost cut it with your fork.

BLT @ Mirage - hands down best burger I have had ever. Pricey for a burger joint, but not too bad when compared to other things around. To go with their burgers they also have the best milkshakes on the planet.

Bellagio buffet - I think I have been to almost every buffet on the strip and this one is still my favorite. The line can get pretty outrageous on the weekends so maybe try a weekday visit.

Both Bellagio buffet and BLT are must haves for me during my trips. When I was just there for Labor Day, we ate at BLT twice....really good stuff if you are just looking for a burger.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Sparky and Bowtie together at roommates? hahahaha! Poor nurses!
The nurses will be the ones wanting/needing the straight jackets and isolation.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

cheron98

wine.woot facebook page says: WD's clue for tomorrow: clear the calendar.

I think we're in for a wootoff! And something tells me there will be some Twisted Oak during it...

cortot20

quality posts: 110 Private Messages cortot20
cheron98 wrote:wine.woot facebook page says: WD's clue for tomorrow: clear the calendar.

I think we're in for a wootoff! And something tells me there will be some Twisted Oak during it...

Yup..
Mr. Meeker confirmed on the main thread.

CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1467 Private Messages Cesare

A woot-off that starts with a monkey? Smiley face cape.
Oh yeah and albino rhino...

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:wine.woot facebook page says: WD's clue for tomorrow: clear the calendar.

Sad part is that I was thinking we might, but then decided that no, they'll wait til next week. Doh!

Cesare

quality posts: 1467 Private Messages Cesare
MarkDaSpark wrote:Sad part is that I was thinking we might, but then decided that no, they'll wait til next week. Doh!

Oh there you are. Check out the monkeys, not sure if you need.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber