CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
sanity wrote:26th or 19th is fine with me.

How is everyone else with the 26th, Memorial Weekend? I'd love to have d-dog and bam join us if at all possible.


Well, since I'm not even sure I can make it out to vegas, it really doesn't matter to me. So if 26th works better for people, then that's good for me.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
sanity wrote:26th or 19th is fine with me.

How is everyone else with the 26th, Memorial Weekend? I'd love to have d-dog and bam join us if at all possible.



Maybe ... I'd hoped to be in Denver for a gathering at J&M's new abode, but I guess we could do that another weekend.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
sanity wrote:Part of my weekend is booked. I have Friday evening free, and Saturday till 2. Sunday night after 6 is open, and Monday is free. You pick a time and place, and I'll be there!

edit: You are more than welcome to join us for a hokey, fun and yummy motorcycle club dinner on Saturday (prepared at the culinary school, so good food - prime rib, etc.), a trip to the women's shelter playing Santa on Sunday morning with the bike club (we let the kids climb all over the bikes, they love it), a trip to Valley of Fire on Sunday afternoon.



Sunday night or Monday is probably best, I normally don't get in Friday until pretty late since I leave after work. Still hoping to catch the pool tournament so Sat. and Sun. days probably taken. Thanks for the offer though. Maybe more details on Sat. dinner? Randy and his friend were just going to catch the UFC fight on tv somewhere so not that appealing to me.

CT

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Maybe ... I'd hoped to be in Denver for a gathering at J&M's new abode, but I guess we could do that another weekend.



Oh, are we looking at a May gathering for them too?

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tenuki wrote:Oh, are we looking at a May gathering for them too?



They keep asking for Sparky Claus to come visit, and the snow should be gone by then.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

Not sure if Memorial Day weekend is open for me, I have tentative plans to be out of town.

May 19th or June 2nd are my best weekends.

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Not sure if I'll be coming from the Bay or LA just yet, but I'd prefer to not do Memorial Day weekend since there's usually some backpacking to be done.
The others are fine, so much as there are any plans that far out in the future.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
sanity wrote:Part of my weekend is booked. I have Friday evening free, and Saturday till 2. Sunday night after 6 is open, and Monday is free. You pick a time and place, and I'll be there!

edit: You are more than welcome to join us for a hokey, fun and yummy motorcycle club dinner on Saturday (prepared at the culinary school, so good food - prime rib, etc.), a trip to the women's shelter playing Santa on Sunday morning with the bike club (we let the kids climb all over the bikes, they love it), a trip to Valley of Fire on Sunday afternoon.



Okay, I get in Friday around 9, totally free since Randy and his friend don't get in until next day but probably too late for you. Guessing Sunday night or Monday still better. What are delicious things I should try?

Staying at Bally's for first time, reviews on rooms seem hit or miss but I got a ridiculous deal that I'm almost worried is computer glitch, since my special calendar pricing is for two nights and my stay is three nights. Will be even sweeter if I get the $20 trick to work, and apparently it has success there.

CT

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
tenuki wrote:Okay, I get in Friday around 9, totally free since Randy and his friend don't get in until next day but probably too late for you. Guessing Sunday night or Monday still better. What are delicious things I should try?

Staying at Bally's for first time, reviews on rooms seem hit or miss but I got a ridiculous deal that I'm almost worried is computer glitch, since my special calendar pricing is for two nights and my stay is three nights. Will be even sweeter if I get the $20 trick to work, and apparently it has success there.



OK, here's my most recent must visit list for food:
Bread and Butter
Nittayas now has a happy hour
Patisserie Manon
Mint Indian Bistro
Le Thai is new downtown

3 more places I want to list but I'm late for work, so I'll post them later.

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

.....and hope your room rarte is set! Sunday night or Monday, either is fine. May bring friends along.

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
sanity wrote:OK, here's my most recent must visit list for food:
Bread and Butter
Nittayas now has a happy hour
Patisserie Manon
Mint Indian Bistro
Le Thai is new downtown

3 more places I want to list but I'm late for work, so I'll post them later.



Bread and Butter looks interesting but I don't know about getting out to Henderson for breakfast.
Still willing to try Nittaya's though don't think I can do much of happy hour, plane leaves at 7.
I love how you linked to products page at Manon, those look delicious, might have to stop there.
Mint's closest. I'm always up for Indian food, and I have to admit, I've never looked at the cocktail menu at an Indian restaurant before, but rum lassis, belgian ales, and a selection of other special beers is interesting.

CT

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
tenuki wrote:Bread and Butter looks interesting but I don't know about getting out to Henderson for breakfast.
Still willing to try Nittaya's though don't think I can do much of happy hour, plane leaves at 7.
I love how you linked to products page at Manon, those look delicious, might have to stop there.
Mint's closest. I'm always up for Indian food, and I have to admit, I've never looked at the cocktail menu at an Indian restaurant before, but rum lassis, belgian ales, and a selection of other special beers is interesting.


I can vouch for the rum lassi, very tasty. The glass of wine I had with dinner was very good, and complimented the food nicely. I would consider this more northeast Indian food (not that I'm all that familiar with different regions). How about we plan to visit there Sunday evening? Nittaya's is closed Sunday, so we'll leave that for another day.

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

I hate being the bad guy.....I understand the necessity of planning ahead so you all may book at reasonable rates. Looks like the 19th is the favorite date, so I've set the bottling for May 19. Hopefully, d-dog and bam will be able to make it since I've put in a request for the baccalaureate to be moved to another date.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
sanity wrote:I hate being the bad guy.....I understand the necessity of planning ahead so you all may book at reasonable rates. Looks like the 19th is the favorite date, so I've set the bottling for May 19. Hopefully, d-dog and bam will be able to make it since I've put in a request for the baccalaureate to be moved to another date.



The 26th would have been completely out for me as well, anyway. The flight prices would have been over $450 more expensive. Plus I'm typically away that weekend.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bahwm


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
sanity wrote:I hate being the bad guy.....I understand the necessity of planning ahead so you all may book at reasonable rates. Looks like the 19th is the favorite date, so I've set the bottling for May 19. Hopefully, d-dog and bam will be able to make it since I've put in a request for the baccalaureate to be moved to another date.


Unfortunately, we will be unable to make the bottling on the 19th. We cannot take a day off from work at that time of the year and it is just frightfully expensive for a trip that would allow us less than 36 hours in Vegas. We were really hoping to taste the wines that the other groups made and we will really miss spending time with all of you. Enjoy and take good notes. We expect a full report!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
bahwm wrote:Unfortunately, we will be unable to make the bottling on the 19th. We cannot take a day off from work at that time of the year and it is just frightfully expensive for a trip that would allow us less than 36 hours in Vegas. We were really hoping to taste the wines that the other groups made and we will really miss spending time with all of you. Enjoy and take good notes. We expect a full report!



It's the August party when we get to taste the other groups wines! So you won't be missing that part at all.

You will be missed at the bottling though!

bahwm


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
Imagine4vr wrote:It's the August party when we get to taste the other groups wines! So you won't be missing that part at all.

You will be missed at the bottling though!


Ah, but sanity acquired a few bottles from a few other groups at the last August party and was saving them to be opened at bottling. Those are the ones to which I referred. Thanks. We will miss being at the bottling, too.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
bahwm wrote:Ah, but sanity acquired a few bottles from a few other groups at the last August party and was saving them to be opened at bottling. Those are the ones to which I referred. Thanks. We will miss being at the bottling, too.



I was thinking about saving those bottles until the August dinner. Maybe you can come out for that? I also traded a few of my own bottles, so we could open some in May and some in August.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
sanity wrote:I was thinking about saving those bottles until the August dinner. Maybe you can come out for that? I also traded a few of my own bottles, so we could open some in May and some in August.



What/when in Aug are you referring to? Is this the famous wine competition dinner? Sorry for the duhh questions, I'm still learning!!! I can't wait for bottling !!!! really bummed I missed the crush!

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
mommadeb1 wrote:What/when in Aug are you referring to? Is this the famous wine competition dinner? Sorry for the duhh questions, I'm still learning!!! I can't wait for bottling !!!! really bummed I missed the crush!



Yes, the awards dinner.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
sanity wrote:Yes, the awards dinner.



sounds like something I should try to get to!!!

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Is port party a definite? Kinda browsing deals to see if I'd go up that weekend.

CT

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
tenuki wrote:Is port party a definite? Kinda browsing deals to see if I'd go up that weekend.



Yes, Jan 7

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
cheron98 wrote:Drink more Twisted Oak. You'll get a good education


So I drank *%#&@! last night. Awesome. So I'm definitely up for the experiment!

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Imagine4vr wrote:Yes, Jan 7



Tempted .... have to see, since I've been on weekend duty with Dad (Mom's still in rehab for her hip surgery).


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
MarkDaSpark wrote:Tempted .... have to see, since I've been on weekend duty with Dad (Mom's still in rehab for her hip surgery).



I sent you an email earlier this evening with the details.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
sanity wrote:I sent you an email earlier this evening with the details.



I know ... haven't had time to open it yet.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Imagine4vr wrote:Yes, Jan 7



Won't be able to make it.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Looks like we are not the first ones to think of this blend: 2004 Graff Family Vineyards Consensus is 90% Syrah, 8% Mourvedre, 2% Viognier. It's on invino's mega-sale at $15.

I'm curious to try it, even to compare with ours

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
klezman wrote:Looks like we are not the first ones to think of this blend: 2004 Graff Family Vineyards Consensus is 90% Syrah, 8% Mourvedre, 2% Viognier. It's on invino's mega-sale at $15.

I'm curious to try it, even to compare with ours



Did you buy it?

I'll share in the cost. I've found a few that are similar.

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
sanity wrote:Did you buy it?

I'll share in the cost. I've found a few that are similar.



No, and sadly it's vanished today. I'm avoiding buying at the moment since I'm moving soon (although still not sure whether near or far) and my storage is already overflowing. Didn't stop to think more about it otherwise I'd likely have picked it up for the bottling.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Not sure if you're interested in hypnotists but today's groupon is the hypnotist show at the same place we caught the sin city comedy.

CT

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

So my flight is booked for the bottling, and where Cat & I will be staying is pretty much set. We'll both be getting into Vegas by 8:30pm Friday night, and then we'll be leaving early Tuesday morning.
Unless anything changes, we'll be staying at the Desert Club Resort (formerly Summer Bay Resort) which is at 3950 Koval Lane, a couple blocks behind Harrahs & the Imperial Palace.
It's got a nice big living room, full kitchen, dining room, washer/dryer, plasma tv, etc, etc. All the normal stuff of an actual resort.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
HitAnyKey42 wrote:So my flight is booked for the bottling, and where Cat & I will be staying is pretty much set. We'll both be getting into Vegas by 8:30pm Friday night, and then we'll be leaving early Tuesday morning.
Unless anything changes, we'll be staying at the Desert Club Resort (formerly Summer Bay Resort) which is at 3950 Koval Lane, a couple blocks behind Harrahs & the Imperial Palace.
It's got a nice big living room, full kitchen, dining room, washer/dryer, plasma tv, etc, etc. All the normal stuff of an actual resort.




Sounds nice!! I will prob. decide where we will stay, after or during our visit in a couple of weeks. Have you stayed there before? What kind of rates are they giving you?

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mommadeb1 wrote:Sounds nice!! I will prob. decide where we will stay, after or during our visit in a couple of weeks. Have you stayed there before? What kind of rates are they giving you?



His family has a timeshare there, so it's basically free

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:His family has a timeshare there, so it's basically free



It's actually Orange Lake, FL that they own the TS at, but Orange Lake just bought this Las Vegas resort so it can easily be traded into using the points. I think it'll be nice to stay in a resort thingy, rather than a hotel this time around. I won't be able to "go downstairs to play blackjack", but it's not like I played more than a couple times last year anyway. And the casino's are only a couple blocks away.

If anyone else wants to stay at the resort, let me know. My mom has a gazillion TS points and she's always trying to rent some of them to cover her annual maintenance fees. I'm sure she'll rent at a good rate to my friends. Just let me know and I'll find out how much it would actually be for whatever days you need.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
HitAnyKey42 wrote:It's actually Orange Lake, FL that they own the TS at, but Orange Lake just bought this Las Vegas resort so it can easily be traded into using the points. I think it'll be nice to stay in a resort thingy, rather than a hotel this time around. I won't be able to "go downstairs to play blackjack", but it's not like I played more than a couple times last year anyway. And the casino's are only a couple blocks away.

If anyone else wants to stay at the resort, let me know. My mom has a gazillion TS points and she's always trying to rent some of them to cover her annual maintenance fees. I'm sure she'll rent at a good rate to my friends. Just let me know and I'll find out how much it would actually be for whatever days you need.



Thanks.. how soon do I need to let you know?

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:If anyone else wants to stay at the resort, let me know. My mom has a gazillion TS points and she's always trying to rent some of them to cover her annual maintenance fees. I'm sure she'll rent at a good rate to my friends. Just let me know and I'll find out how much it would actually be for whatever days you need.



Oooh...assuming the gf and I make it to bottling, we may take you up on that. Or is it one of those things where there couldn't be multiple simultaneous rentals?

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mewalk707


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
HitAnyKey42 wrote:It's actually Orange Lake, FL that they own the TS at, but Orange Lake just bought this Las Vegas resort so it can easily be traded into using the points. I think it'll be nice to stay in a resort thingy, rather than a hotel this time around. I won't be able to "go downstairs to play blackjack", but it's not like I played more than a couple times last year anyway. And the casino's are only a couple blocks away.

If anyone else wants to stay at the resort, let me know. My mom has a gazillion TS points and she's always trying to rent some of them to cover her annual maintenance fees. I'm sure she'll rent at a good rate to my friends. Just let me know and I'll find out how much it would actually be for whatever days you need.



I'm interested as well

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

If each of you can let me know which nights you would most likely be staying and such, my mom can check how much she would need to charge. Also there are various room types that should be available. For example, there are 2 Bedroom units which people could share that is "cheaper" than two separate 1 Bedroom units.
I have no idea how these would compare price-wise to regular hotel rooms (I'll see if I can try to compare some later) since these would be better quality (theoretically) so if you're just looking for a cheap stay, this might not be as cheap as you can get elsewhere.
I don't think we could possibly use up all her available points at this resort, but if we do she also has an even greater number of points through Diamond Resorts that could have rooms reserved at the Polo Towers located at 3745 Las Vegas Blvd S. If you wait and make your decision within 60 (or it might be 90) days and there is availability at the Polo Towers, when she reserves units in that timeframe there is a discount. Though if you wait too long, availability becomes an issue.

Basically let me know what you might need, and I'll find out a cost.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings