klezman


quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman
sanity wrote:Charlie cannot promise fruit availability then; he can promise around October 22nd. So far, imagine4vr and you are the only ones coming out during October. I think everyone else is booked.



Later in Oct I might be able to make it. Oct 22 is currently free...if the flights can be had for cheap enough I'd be down. Hopefully +1. Although I still don't know what the job situation will be or if I'll be coming from SFO or LAX.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
klezman wrote:Later in Oct I might be able to make it. Oct 22 is currently free...if the flights can be had for cheap enough I'd be down. Hopefully +1. Although I still don't know what the job situation will be or if I'll be coming from SFO or LAX.



October 22 is the best date so far. The 29th is too late (less time in the barrel, fruit sitting in storage), and Halloween weekend here is expensive anyway.

I know some of you could not make the 22nd, the 15th, the 8th. Has that changed for anyone?

Let's plan on the 22nd. That day is one of the earliest we may crush, and has the least amount of conflicts for those considering coming out. If, that week, no one is coming out, then I'll do the crush first available time at the winery.

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
sanity wrote:If, that week, no one is coming out, then I'll do the crush first available time at the winery.

You are the best.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
ddeuddeg wrote:You are the best.



? I'm really just being selfish! The longer in the barrel, the better for our wine. If the winery was air conditioned, and had more space, we could keep it in the barrel many months longer!


tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
sanity wrote:October 22 is the best date so far. The 29th is too late (less time in the barrel, fruit sitting in storage), and Halloween weekend here is expensive anyway.

I know some of you could not make the 22nd, the 15th, the 8th. Has that changed for anyone?

Let's plan on the 22nd. That day is one of the earliest we may crush, and has the least amount of conflicts for those considering coming out. If, that week, no one is coming out, then I'll do the crush first available time at the winery.



Bleh, well friend and his wife booked for Oct. 1st weekend so will probably be in town then if you want to grab a bite. Might be back last weekend in Oct. for the curling as well.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
sanity wrote:October 22 is the best date so far. The 29th is too late (less time in the barrel, fruit sitting in storage), and Halloween weekend here is expensive anyway.

I know some of you could not make the 22nd, the 15th, the 8th. Has that changed for anyone?

Let's plan on the 22nd. That day is one of the earliest we may crush, and has the least amount of conflicts for those considering coming out. If, that week, no one is coming out, then I'll do the crush first available time at the winery.




Will try to find out if I can make it then, but probably not. The Sister Who Must Be Obeyed's birthday is the 25th, and since Halloween (Parties) is the following weekend, I suspect she may want her celebration on the 22nd.

Now if we could make it the 23rd ..... but then again, let me make sure she doesn't want it that day. Le sigh.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tenuki wrote:How are dates looking again? Looks like I might be going up weekend of Oct. 1st after all.




Or you could swing by Ventura for the bottling of Sparky's Syrah then!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Or you could swing by Ventura for the bottling of Sparky's Syrah then!



hyuk, they're looking at staying until Tuesday so I was like I could go to socal and go to vegas afterward, might be dead after Saturday though :P

Paid up sanity, if there was a setup page this time I missed it so just paypal.

CT

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Has anyone had or got any tasting notes on last years Publend #2? I'm thinking of bring a bottle for my Labor Day weekend getaway (I've already decided I'm bringing a bottle of our 2009 blend) and am trying to decide if I should also bring the 2010 for my friends there to try.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tenuki wrote:hyuk, they're looking at staying until Tuesday so I was like I could go to socal and go to vegas afterward, might be dead after Saturday though :P

Paid up sanity, if there was a setup page this time I missed it so just paypal.




Ack!!! Knew I forgot something yesterday. Paid just now.


Edit: And now it looks like there's an IT convention/seminar that weekend (Sept. 28th to Oct. 2nd) in Vegas. Unfortunately I will be busy until 6:30 pm on Sat (1st, and most of Friday as well).

Sunday morning (and possible all day) might be open. Depends on what they schedule for the open slots.

So now I need to move the bottling of Sparky's Syrah to another Sat. in Oct. (8th or 15th).


22nd still looks like SisWMBO's bday celebration. But I could make it on the 23rd.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Has anyone had or got any tasting notes on last years Publend #2? I'm thinking of bring a bottle for my Labor Day weekend getaway (I've already decided I'm bringing a bottle of our 2009 blend) and am trying to decide if I should also bring the 2010 for my friends there to try.



I posted some brief notes somewhere; I'll find them and then post them in the the Pub Blend #1 tasting thread. Maybe imagine4vr will edit the title of the thread to reflect multiple vintages.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
sanity wrote:I posted some brief notes somewhere; I'll find them and then post them in the the Pub Blend #1 tasting thread. Maybe imagine4vr will edit the title of the thread to reflect multiple vintages.



If you (or anyone) can find the tasting notes tonight, please let me know as I'm having to pack for my weekend right now and I need to choose which wines I want to bring tonight (or at the very latest tomorrow morning before I step out the door to head to work).
Or if anyone simply has an opinion as to whether Blend#2 is ready enough to drink for me to open it for my friends. Though I am starting to get more tempted to bring the two blends down to our Pt Pleasant weekend in 2 weeks down at the Jersey Shore.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Or if anyone simply has an opinion as to whether Blend#2 is ready enough to drink for me to open it for my friends.


Sorry I don't have tasting noes, but at sanity's house 2 weeks ago, the prevailing opinion was that it is drinking nicely right now. Sanity doesn't feel it has the aging potential of #1 because of the lower level of tannins. I tend to agree. If you have a few bottles, go ahead and open one this weekend with your friends. As always, YMMV.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Though I am starting to get more tempted to bring the two blends down to our Pt Pleasant weekend in 2 weeks down at the Jersey Shore.



Do this!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
ddeuddeg wrote:Sorry I don't have tasting noes, but at sanity's house 2 weeks ago, the prevailing opinion was that it is drinking nicely right now. Sanity doesn't feel it has the aging potential of #1 because of the lower level of tannins. I tend to agree. If you have a few bottles, go ahead and open one this weekend with your friends. As always, YMMV.



A few yes....I have 12!!
But I'll hold out and open it in two weeks when Cat is out here again.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
HitAnyKey42 wrote:If you (or anyone) can find the tasting notes tonight, please let me know as I'm having to pack for my weekend right now and I need to choose which wines I want to bring tonight (or at the very latest tomorrow morning before I step out the door to head to work).
Or if anyone simply has an opinion as to whether Blend#2 is ready enough to drink for me to open it for my friends. Though I am starting to get more tempted to bring the two blends down to our Pt Pleasant weekend in 2 weeks down at the Jersey Shore.



I've scoured several threads back to first of August and no luck. AS d-dog said, I think it's much better than it was just out of the barrel, but does not have aging potential. I borught one of my bottles to open at the table at the wine awards dinner, and everyone seemed to truly enjoy it. btw, we have a nice assortment of wines we traded for, to share in May.

If you still have 12, drink one now and one later. It's not like you'll run out of wine. ;) Then you can give us tasting notes - in the right thread!

mewalk707


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707

Paid

JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Paid.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Paid.

Did we officially decide on the final blend yet?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Thanks for the payments everyone.

I spoke with Charlie today, and after consideration, the final blend is:
Syrah 18 boxes=86%
Mouvedre 2 boxes=9.5%
Viognier 1 box=4.5%
Total 21 boxes=100%
So far, all Suisin Valley fruit

He strongly suggested keeping the Viognier at 1 box due to it's floral nature.

Right now, he is looking to receive fruit between the 10th and 20th of October.

Also, professional pics of the award dinner have been posted, click the tasting thread link in my sig for the link to the pics.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
sanity wrote:Thanks for the payments everyone.

I spoke with Charlie today, and after consideration, the final blend is:
Syrah 18 boxes=86%
Mouvedre 2 boxes=9.5%
Viognier 1 box=4.5%
Total 21 boxes=100%
So far, all Suisin Valley fruit

He strongly suggested keeping the Viognier at 1 box due to it's floral nature.

Right now, he is looking to receive fruit between the 10th and 20th of October.

Also, professional pics of the award dinner have been posted, click the tasting thread link in my sig for the link to the pics.




Looks good to me...I enjoyed the pics of the wine dinner.... Can anyone go next year? Looks like fun!!

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
mommadeb1 wrote:Looks good to me...I enjoyed the pics of the wine dinner.... Can anyone go next year? Looks like fun!!



Yes, everyone is welcome, even if you did not make wine. This year it was $65, including wine.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
sanity wrote:Yes, everyone is welcome, even if you did not make wine. This year it was $65, including wine.



Keep me in mind for the next dinner! Is crush date still oct. 22nd?

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
tenuki wrote:Bleh, well friend and his wife booked for Oct. 1st weekend so will probably be in town then if you want to grab a bite. Might be back last weekend in Oct. for the curling as well.



I'd love to grab a bite! Keep me posted.

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Right now, no set date for crush; I'll keep everyone posted. I may do first available, as soon as Charlie receives fruit (less cold storage time, more barrel time). It appears there are many date conflicts throughout the month of October for most of us.

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Charie just sent an email re crush; fruit will be ordered 10/1. Are we good with the choice of:

sanity wrote:.....
I spoke with Charlie today, and after consideration, the final blend is:
Syrah 18 boxes=86%
Mouvedre 2 boxes=9.5%
Viognier 1 box=4.5%
Total 21 boxes=100%
So far, all Suisin Valley fruit

He strongly suggested keeping the Viognier at 1 box due to it's floral nature.
.....



klezman


quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman

Sounds excellent! Know when fruit will arrive/crush will happen yet? Now that I know I will not be moving out of the Bay Area for at least a couple months I can plan such things.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
klezman wrote:Sounds excellent! Know when fruit will arrive/crush will happen yet? Now that I know I will not be moving out of the Bay Area for at least a couple months I can plan such things.



Yay to the not moving!

I set crush for Friday October 21 or Saturday 22. I would prefer Friday since we should have the area to ourselves, but Saturday is fine, too. Do you think you can make it? I know most people had October pretty booked or wanted to wait for bottling. tenuki, were you planning on coming, or anyone else?

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
sanity wrote:Yay to the not moving!

I set crush for Friday October 21 or Saturday 22. I would prefer Friday since we should have the area to ourselves, but Saturday is fine, too. Do you think you can make it? I know most people had October pretty booked or wanted to wait for bottling. tenuki, were you planning on coming, or anyone else?



If something happens maybe, this trip got booked pretty cheap so I could do it, but if I went back was really looking at the last weekend.

CT

klezman


quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman
sanity wrote:Yay to the not moving!

I set crush for Friday October 21 or Saturday 22. I would prefer Friday since we should have the area to ourselves, but Saturday is fine, too. Do you think you can make it? I know most people had October pretty booked or wanted to wait for bottling. tenuki, were you planning on coming, or anyone else?



Will discuss with molarchae and get back to you...

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

random122


quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
klezman wrote:Sounds excellent! Know when fruit will arrive/crush will happen yet? Now that I know I will not be moving out of the Bay Area for at least a couple months I can plan such things.



i have a bottle of something for you somewhere!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
sanity wrote:Yay to the not moving!

I set crush for Friday October 21 or Saturday 22. I would prefer Friday since we should have the area to ourselves, but Saturday is fine, too. Do you think you can make it? I know most people had October pretty booked or wanted to wait for bottling. tenuki, were you planning on coming, or anyone else?



I have to check flights if you do Sat. the 22nd. I have theater tickets for the 21st. night. What time would crush be?

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
sanity wrote:Charie just sent an email re crush; fruit will be ordered 10/1. Are we good with the choice of:



Blend sounds good to me!

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
mommadeb1 wrote:I have to check flights if you do Sat. the 22nd. I have theater tickets for the 21st. night. What time would crush be?


Crush would be done between 10 am and 2 pm. It takes about an hour. It's more involved for me, because I come out during the week several times to plunge the must, and then do the press 7 days later. I'd love to have you and m come out, but if you wait for bottling like the rest of the folks that's fine, too.

klezman


quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman

I'm going to have to hold off on any plans for now...molarchae may have parental visits happening that weekend, so until that's sorted I can't commit. Wouldn't look good to skip town just as her mom shows up

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
sanity wrote:Yay to the not moving!

I set crush for Friday October 21 or Saturday 22. I would prefer Friday since we should have the area to ourselves, but Saturday is fine, too. Do you think you can make it? I know most people had October pretty booked or wanted to wait for bottling. tenuki, were you planning on coming, or anyone else?



As I posted, the 21st & 22nd are out for me.

Sis's bday celebration is the 22nd.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:I'm going to have to hold off on any plans for now...molarchae may have parental visits happening that weekend, so until that's sorted I can't commit. Wouldn't look good to skip town just as her mom shows up



Sure it is! Discretion is the better part of valor!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
sanity wrote:Crush would be done between 10 am and 2 pm. It takes about an hour. It's more involved for me, because I come out during the week several times to plunge the must, and then do the press 7 days later. I'd love to have you and m come out, but if you wait for bottling like the rest of the folks that's fine, too.



Wow, I didn't realize how much of your time you put in! Let me say "THANKS" well in advance!!

I would love to come to the crush, but the earliest flight lands at 10am.. so it is with a sad me, that says "no crush for me"

oh well... I look forward to the bottling!

random122


quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
mommadeb1 wrote:Wow, I didn't realize how much of your time you put in! Let me say "THANKS" well in advance!!



Hear hear, many thanks!

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
mommadeb1 wrote:Wow, I didn't realize how much of your time you put in! Let me say "THANKS" well in advance!!

I would love to come to the crush, but the earliest flight lands at 10am.. so it is with a sad me, that says "no crush for me"

oh well... I look forward to the bottling!



yikes, I re-read my post...I should have written "I get to...." do all that stuff. It's a fun atmosphere at the winery during this time!