mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
klezman wrote: Never had a CA Gamay, either.

I can fix that for you. A friend of mine makes an excellent gamay. Full disclosure... it's the only gamay i've ever tried ;)

sanity wrote:How about 11 syrah, 9 mouvedre, 2 viognier? (2 extra boxes of fruit)

At first, I wasn't very interested in a syrah blend. But now i'm intrigued.

I'm in for a 1/2 case of whatever. I won't make this gig, but will try to make it for the bottling.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Have we decided on a date yet? Just wondering if I missed the post... Also how long does the crush last? Days, weeks, years? hee heee

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
mommadeb1 wrote:Have we decided on a date yet? Just wondering if I missed the post... Also how long does the crush last? Days, weeks, years? hee heee

No decision yet. The crush only takes about an hour. It is informative and fun. Check out the thread from CyberPub Cellars 1st crush for more detail on the process.

I did post this a few days ago:

sanity wrote:Charlie just phoned. He can promise fruit by October 20 if we need to set a date for people coming from out-of-town. Is anyone interested in coming out October 22?

If any of you are making plans to come out, do you have a preference for the 22 or 29 of October? Charlie will be busy with a later start because of a later harvest, and with crush having to be done on a weekend, so I'd like to get first dibs on the crush if we do it that weekend.

If we don't have much interest in attendance for the crush, I'll do it as first available - when the fruit comes in, I can go down mid-week and do the crush, then continue to go daily for stirring the must.

mommadeb1, people seem to like to come out for the bottling, since you get to take it with you.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
sanity wrote:If any of you are making plans to come out, do you have a preference for the 22 or 29 of October? Charlie will be busy with a later start because of a later harvest, and with crush having to be done on a weekend, so I'd like to get first dibs on the crush if we do it that weekend.

If we don't have much interest in attendance for the crush, I'll do it as first available - when the fruit comes in, I can go down mid-week and do the crush, then continue to go daily for stirring the must.

mommadeb1, people seem to like to come out for the bottling, since you get to take it with you.

I'd prefer the 22nd because the 29th runs into Halloween weekend and I'm sure hotel rates would be more $$. Depending on schedules of others, even a weekday would be good for me.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
sanity wrote:If any of you are making plans to come out, do you have a preference for the 22 or 29 of October? Charlie will be busy with a later start because of a later harvest, and with crush having to be done on a weekend, so I'd like to get first dibs on the crush if we do it that weekend.

Ooh, didn't know 29th was an option, I'd vote for that one then Friends have a curling tournament that weekend. Yes, a curling tournament in Vegas, don't ask me!

CT

mommadeb1

Thanks, as of right now I could do the 22nd. I am trying to read thru the old threads... Kind of crazy here, last week before kids go to school. I wasn't sure after reading thru the schools site how involved we visitors needed to be. I want to be part of the process in one way or another, for bragging to friends as well as meeting fellow wooters!

mommadeb1

mommadeb1 wrote:Thanks, as of right now I could do the 22nd. I am trying to read thru the old threads... Kind of crazy here, last week before kids go to school. I wasn't sure after reading thru the schools site how involved we visitors needed to be. I want to be part of the process in one way or another, for bragging to friends as well as meeting fellow wooters!

Well, just remembered I have theater tickets for the 21, so 22 prob won't work for me now....

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

I have confirmation that Wendy is indeed interested in the new vintage, so we'll be in for a case, total. I will send payment before the end of the month, but it may be just BARELY - I'm away next week for vacation with HAK, so I won't be getting the money from Wendy until I get back. And hopefully I'll have enough leftover to cover my part of the case

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Where are you at for participation? Looks like half-case is acceptable this year as I read. Last year, I think it was full case lots to make it easier.

I am interested in a half case at this point. Probably won't make it this year either, so have to rely on wootlegging or (shudder) shipping.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

sanity

polarbear22 wrote:Where are you at for participation? Looks like half-case is acceptable this year as I read. Last year, I think it was full case lots to make it easier.

I am interested in a half case at this point. Probably won't make it this year either, so have to rely on wootlegging or (shudder) shipping.

We are at 14 cases. I'm committed to making up the difference to complete the barrel. That is why last year I opened it up to outside (of woot) participants. By also opening it to 1/2 case participation hopefully we'll get more participants.

I'll put you down for 1/2 case!

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege
sanity wrote:We are at 14 cases. I'm committed to making up the difference to complete the barrel. That is why last year I opened it up to outside (of woot) participants. By also opening it to 1/2 case participation hopefully we'll get more participants.

If we're going to do a Rogue Rhone, please up me to a full case. Thanks!

sanity

cjsiege wrote:If we're going to do a Rogue Rhone, please up me to a full case. Thanks!

Rogue Rhone (I hope you've copyrighted and/or registered the domain ;) )?

Do you mean Syrah and Viognier or...?

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
sanity wrote:Rogue Rhone (I hope you've copyrighted and/or registered the domain ;) )?

not to be confused with a Rhone Rogue - who would stop you on a highway and demand your wine or your life? but do it with flair.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
sanity wrote:Rogue Rhone (I hope you've copyrighted and/or registered the domain ;) )?

I think we've found the name for this vintage

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

sanity

cheron98 wrote:I think we've found the name for this vintage

That's what I was thinking!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:Where are you at for participation? Looks like half-case is acceptable this year as I read. Last year, I think it was full case lots to make it easier.

Shipping?! Don't be daft. We're at least 95% likely to be there for bottling again.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

Hmmm. I didn't start out trying to name it. But if it works...

And yes, I meant any variation of our Syrah+ efforts.

joelsisk wrote:not to be confused with a Rhone Rogue - who would stop you on a highway and demand your wine or your life? but do it with flair.

Now THAT's a Woot Cellars-type name! I wonder if we can get whoever does the Woot Cellars labels to come up with some copy for us?

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:I think we've found the name for this vintage

Sounds good to me!!

polarbear22

sanity wrote:We are at 14 cases. I'm committed to making up the difference to complete the barrel. That is why last year I opened it up to outside (of woot) participants. By also opening it to 1/2 case participation hopefully we'll get more participants.

Still have your address. You need payment now? $60, correct?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

sanity

polarbear22 wrote:Still have your address. You need payment now? $60, correct?

Yes. btw, I know you do something with the symphony grape. A winery I visit often makes Symphony wine. Do you like it?

polarbear22

sanity wrote:Yes. btw, I know you do something with the symphony grape. A winery I visit often makes Symphony wine. Do you like it?

Yes, that is one of my two favorite homemade wines. It is 100% Symphony. Scott Harvey uses it, but calls it a doughnut wine (nothing in the middle) so it needs to be blended. I call it my patio white. Serve it cold and it starts with nice fruit. Fades quickly, and not as much going as it warms.

I saw that you had some this weekend. Called it sweet. Mine is not sweet. Fruit on entry, but not sweet.

My Cellar

sulakdd

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sulakdd

Sanity:

Please put me down for 1/2 case.

Thanks!

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
cjsiege wrote:If we're going to do a Rogue Rhone, please up me to a full case. Thanks!

My brain auto-corrected it to Rouge. I had to scroll back to see what the fun was about!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

sanity

sulakdd wrote:Sanity:

Please put me down for 1/2 case.

Thanks!

OK, done!

klezman

So....was the blend ever decided? Last I recall we were talking about 50% Syrah, 45% Mourvedre, and 5% Viognier.

I went and created a doodle so that we can take the maximally happy blend of our three grapes in Rogue Rhone. Or was that Rhone Rogue. Either way

Please vote on the doodle! Way easier to keep track of the responses than collating the responses on the thread.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

sanity

klezman wrote:So....was the blend ever decided? Last I recall we were talking about 50% Syrah, 45% Mourvedre, and 5% Viognier.

I went and created a doodle so that we can take the maximally happy blend of our three grapes in Rogue Rhone. Or was that Rhone Rogue. Either way

Please vote on the doodle! Way easier to keep track of the responses than collating the responses on the thread.

Thank you! Is it too difficult to change one of the options to 10% Viognier?
edit: Can we vote more than once? ;)
edit again: I was thinking of adding 2 extra cases of fruit, 22 instead of 20 for 11 Syrah, 9 Mouvedre, 2 Viognier. 50/41/9 or 50/40/10

Funny thing, 2 of the overall winners Saturday night were Syrah blends with Viognier. Am I psychic or what?

klezman

sanity wrote:Thank you! Is it too difficult to change one of the options to 10% Viognier?
edit: Can we vote more than once? ;)
edit again: I was thinking of adding 2 extra cases of fruit, 22 instead of 20 for 11 Syrah, 9 Mouvedre, 2 Viognier. 50/41/9 or 50/40/10

Funny thing, 2 of the overall winners Saturday night were Syrah blends with Viognier. Am I psychic or what?

Yup, I reset it, so go and put your answers up again, with 3 added options for 10% Viognier blends as part of the mix. Clearly we see I'm favouring the M-heavy blends!

sanity

I put a link to the voting doodle in the first post for you lazy folk.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:So....was the blend ever decided? Last I recall we were talking about 50% Syrah, 45% Mourvedre, and 5% Viognier.

Yes, but you failed to include the "too many cookies" as an option.

I really, really, really don't want a blend with Mouvedre in it, and I think there should be at least two or more options without it.

Say Syrah/Viognier or Syrah with something else.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, but you failed to include the "too many cookies" as an option.

I really, really, really don't want a blend with Mouvedre in it, and I think there should be at least two or more options without it.

From the description of the Mouvedre, I would agree with not as much or something else with the Syrah.... I don't like dirt!!

sanity

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, but you failed to include the "too many cookies" as an option.

S/V would be my first choice, but I didn't think enough people wanted that (thought it was just you and me).

klezman, would you please narrow the choices a bit?

mommadeb1

sanity wrote:S/V would be my first choice, but I didn't think enough people wanted that (thought it was just you and me).

Don't forget about me... I voted for no dirt/earth flavoring!!

klezman

sanity wrote:S/V would be my first choice, but I didn't think enough people wanted that (thought it was just you and me).

Paradoxically, I added more choices while culling a few based on re-reading the thread.

Please everybody go ahead and vote! Each choice is either "yes", "maybe" = (yes), or "no".

sanity

klezman wrote:Paradoxically, I added more choices while culling a few based on re-reading the thread.

Please everybody go ahead and vote! Each choice is either "yes", "maybe" = (yes), or "no".

Thanks! I voted.

Everyone, I believe this is really helpful, so please go vote. I put the link at the top of the first post of this thread, so it's easy to find.

sanity

klezman wrote:Paradoxically, I added more choices while culling a few based on re-reading the thread.

Thanks! I voted.

Everyone, I believe this is really helpful, so please go vote. I put the link at the top of the first post of this thread, so it's easy to find.

sanity

mommadeb1 wrote:Don't forget about me... I voted for no dirt/earth flavoring!!

The Mouvedre has the earth (dirt) you don't care for. So go vote!

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
sanity wrote:Thanks! I voted.

I voted. The super tuscan only got a maybe because of Charlie's iffiness about the sangiovese. Otherwise that would have been a YES.

polarbear22

I voted. I am not strong. I am only a sideline sponser.

So, I am good with whatever comes about. Especially, if it is another award winner.

My Cellar

mommadeb1

sanity wrote:The Mouvedre has the earth (dirt) you don't care for. So go vote!

I voted..

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

I think since sanity is buying almost 1/2 the barrel the decision should be hers. I'm sure she'll take into account everyone's preferences, but in my opinion, money talks and sanity is paying almost 1/2.