klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
tenuki wrote:Joat? Yeah, he's technically closer to me but tourists are more likely to see him. Last time I held his wines it was like two years and even then it might have been when we crashed the tour that I found him.

iirc he's even closer to me. At least until I go to SoCal :/

Also, cat, what happened to 2008 Parcel 17? I don't have any, yet I've not seen it on the website.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
klezman wrote:iirc he's even closer to me. At least until I go to SoCal :/

Also, cat, what happened to 2008 Parcel 17? I don't have any, yet I've not seen it on the website.

I have some It's currently sold out. Once it sells out, it's more difficult to find it on the site. But there it is.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

klezman

cheron98 wrote:I have some It's currently sold out. Once it sells out, it's more difficult to find it on the site. But there it is.

Aw carp. If you've got a bottle you want to donate... How did I miss that one?

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

klezman wrote:Aw carp. If you've got a bottle you want to donate... How did I miss that one?

How's about I bring it to Vegas and we partake of it together then?

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

HAK when is the cut off for your moms place?

I am being lazy and don't want to go back thru all the posts.... who is staying where during bottling? I know it is still a while before we go...

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
mommadeb1 wrote:HAK when is the cut off for your moms place?

I am being lazy and don't want to go back thru all the posts.... who is staying where during bottling? I know it is still a while before we go...

There is no real "cut-off". Just as it gets closer, the chance of there not being anything available increases. But as this place is newly purchased by Orange Lake, and they haven't even opened up the rentals availability yet, I think it's highly unlikely that we'll have any issues booking rooms anytime before mid-March. We haven't even booked our own room yet, as we're waiting to see if Cat's friend & +1 is going to be coming and would want to split a 2-bedroom unit.

Also, I did confirm that there is a fee for booking each room. So the updated prices are:
For 1BR Fri/Sat night, the cost would be $350.
For 1BR Fri/Sat/Sun night, the cost would be $510
For 2BR Fri/Sat night, the cost would be $520 (ie. $260 per couple).
So it's definitely cheaper if people can coordinate to split a 2BR unit, since you are also splitting the $50 booking fee. You then have the shared living room/dining room/kitchen/etc. And there's still the Queen pull-out couch if a whole crew want to split up a unit with even more people.
And just a reminder, the above cost is in total. No additional taxes, no fees for WiFi or gym or parking.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

klezman

cheron98 wrote:How's about I bring it to Vegas and we partake of it together then?

Sounds like a plan to me.

klezman

HitAnyKey42 wrote:There is no real "cut-off". Just as it gets closer, the chance of there not being anything available increases. But as this place is newly purchased by Orange Lake, and they haven't even opened up the rentals availability yet, I think it's highly unlikely that we'll have any issues booking rooms anytime before mid-March. We haven't even booked our own room yet, as we're waiting to see if Cat's friend & +1 is going to be coming and would want to split a 2-bedroom unit.

If there are 3 room units or they don't come, I can tentatively offer to share also. Assuming you can stand me and molarchae

cheron98

klezman wrote:If there are 3 room units or they don't come, I can tentatively offer to share also. Assuming you can stand me and molarchae

Oh noes, that would be terrible You can always have the sleeper-sofa, if you can stand that, for a three-way split.

Edit: Whoops, sorry.