bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
bsevern wrote:

I'm going to predict that a big Napa Valley aged cab like this will be an easy sellout!

Nice call if I do say so myself

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

bsevern wrote:Nice call if I do say so myself

yes - nice work!

big cheers to Lucas today - hoping he's snoozing away his jet lag, we were lucky to catch him on his first day back in the US.

WineDavid was my Boss!

n44nc

quality posts: 9 Private Messages n44nc
bsevern wrote:Nice call if I do say so myself

If this would have been October, I bet it would have been sold out by the end of the business day.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

lucasmeeker

quality posts: 81 Private Messages lucasmeeker
texacaliali wrote:yes - nice work!

big cheers to Lucas today - hoping he's snoozing away his jet lag, we were lucky to catch him on his first day back in the US.

Not yet! But I'm about to be! Mega tuckered-out over here.

I'm really hoping for a sell out, thanks again for all your support everyone. It's really fun interacting with you all, and I'm happy to do it. I love talking about what we do to people who are interested.

Hopefully we'll be Wooting again soon!

Lucas Meeker
The Meeker Vineyard
www.meekerwine.com
@meekerwine

Question? Just ask!

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

I was on the fence all day... finally pulled the trigger... my first wine woot. I wonder if it'll be like my first kiss...

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

kittymac wrote:I was on the fence all day... finally pulled the trigger... my first wine woot. I wonder if it'll be like my first kiss...

awesome, welcome!

WineDavid was my Boss!

jplamb

quality posts: 15 Private Messages jplamb
kittymac wrote:I was on the fence all day... finally pulled the trigger... my first wine woot. I wonder if it'll be like my first kiss...

It might be. I still remember my first....Little Vineyards Trio in August 2006. 131 Woots later I don't remember what I bought last week but the Little Vineyards purchase still sticks in my head.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Pretty great showing for a black tie offer.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

n44nc

quality posts: 9 Private Messages n44nc
redwinefan wrote:Pretty great showing for a black tie offer.

For sure...my guess is this was 5 units away from a sellout.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

jplamb

105 cases in 24 hours, 17% of the total production of that wine. Not too bad of a showing for a "black tie buy"

lucasmeeker

quality posts: 81 Private Messages lucasmeeker
jplamb wrote:105 cases in 24 hours, 17% of the total production of that wine. Not too bad of a showing for a "black tie buy"

Agreed! Thanks again for all your support. We were thrilled with the result. We were within 5% of sellout.

Lucas Meeker
The Meeker Vineyard
www.meekerwine.com
@meekerwine

Question? Just ask!

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith
lucasmeeker wrote:Agreed! Thanks again for all your support. We were thrilled with the result. We were within 5% of sellout.

If you can ship to Tennessee, I would buy one...

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

hyetylidie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hyetylidie

Much appreciated reply - I guess I had never heard the term 'hot caramelization' and was curious, ended up grabbing a couple after reading your post! Looking forward to enjoying. Kind of wish I picked up 3 - next time.

Will definitely stop by the Meeker TR on my next excursion to wine country.

Cheers!

lucasmeeker wrote:I didn't respond to this before simply because arguing or defending a review basically never looks good. Not only that, but everyone has their own opinion, and they're welcome to it. Not my style to argue with it.

As far as facts are concerned, the reviewer attributes the "hot caramelization" to possibly overripe fruit or heavy toast oak. As I said in the Vintner's Voicemail: The fruit was picked at 25 brix. The fruit was healthy and not overripe at all. We use very little new oak, and what we use is M+ (Medium Plus), not Heavy toast or anything like that. Past that, I'm not even really sure what "hot caramelization" means or what it describes in the wine, so take it for what you will. I'm not saying this to defend so much as saying that in my opinion the assumptions that the review makes are false.

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

can't figure out how to delete this reply...

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

darektrowbridge

quality posts: 13 Private Messages darektrowbridge
kylemittskus wrote:Ha! This is a linguistic hilarity. Eponymous as in the old world clue = Old World Winery.

I think Old World Winery needs to have a wine call Linguistic Hilarity!

bsevern

Received my Meeker Diamond Mountain cab today, thank you that was quick!

Can't wait to try it (want to let it sit for a bit), and I'm very tempted by the BONUS OFFER.

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
bsevern wrote:Received my Meeker Diamond Mountain cab today, thank you that was quick!

Can't wait to try it (want to let it sit for a bit), and I'm very tempted by the BONUS OFFER.

What state do you live in?

signed.

bsevern

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, so I'm only an hour or so away from Napa Valley.

Interestingly I just received my Woot Order Tracking Number, even though this was delivered yesterday

kittymac

bsevern wrote:I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, so I'm only an hour or so away from Napa Valley.

Interestingly I just received my Woot Order Tracking Number, even though this was delivered yesterday

Me too... I'm in Seattle, and the wine arrived before the tracking number... nice for my first woot purchase

jplamb

Got my tracking number an hour ago and my wine 12 hours ago. Same with the Wellington.

jtwigg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtwigg

I got my tracking # on the 25th, so far no wine and no tracking info when I click on the tracking #.

Siborg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siborg

Fedex says delivered 2 boxes of my wine. Only problem, I never received !
Fedex says too bad we got a signature, but not from someone in our house!
Woot service - no response... My response no more orders till I get my wine. You're killing me ! 2 shipments.

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday

Delivered. Decanted. Drinking. Damn, worth every penny, wish I'd bought three.

bckrug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bckrug

On 7/27 I received an e-mail that said the wine had been shipped on 7/25 and would be delivered on 7/29. It wasn't delivered on 7/29, then when I checked the tracking on 7/30 all it said was that the shipment had been "Initiated" and not even picked up yet. Credit card has been charged. No wine and no useful information about the shipment - still only says it's at Initiated stage.

stratma

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stratma
bckrug wrote:On 7/27 I received an e-mail that said the wine had been shipped on 7/25 and would be delivered on 7/29. It wasn't delivered on 7/29, then when I checked the tracking on 7/30 all it said was that the shipment had been "Initiated" and not even picked up yet. Credit card has been charged. No wine and no useful information about the shipment - still only says it's at Initiated stage.

Same situation here as well as for a couple other orders. If things go like my previous orders this summer: The wine is on its way via refrigerated truck, it arrives at a Fed Ex location in the Midwest early Wed morning, and is then delivered on Thursday. If that is what will happen, the first change in the Fed Ex status will be when the wine arrives at a Midwest hub on Wed.

bckrug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bckrug
stratma wrote:Same situation here as well as for a couple other orders. If things go like my previous orders this summer: The wine is on its way via refrigerated truck, it arrives at a Fed Ex location in the Midwest early Wed morning, and is then delivered on Thursday. If that is what will happen, the first change in the Fed Ex status will be when the wine arrives at a Midwest hub on Wed.

Good to know, thanks.

bsevern

greyday wrote:Delivered. Decanted. Drinking. Damn, worth every penny, wish I'd bought three.

Very glad to hear this

I splurged and purchased two 3-packs. I was a bit hesitant to go all out with three 3-packs not trying it and all....but I should try one soon as they have a nice bonus offer on the 2005!

dano0999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dano0999

Wow .. Fedex just updated the ship date. It was originally supposed to arrive Aug 1st. Now it's showing a ship date of Aug 2nd and an estimated arrival of Aug 4th?!?! So where has the wine been sitting since July 20? I hope not outside! I really want to buy the current offer but am now a little hesitant. Is this normal?

redwinefan

dano0999 wrote:Wow .. Fedex just updated the ship date. It was originally supposed to arrive Aug 1st. Now it's showing a ship date of Aug 2nd and an estimated arrival of Aug 4th?!?! So where has the wine been sitting since July 20? I hope not outside! I really want to buy the current offer but am now a little hesitant. Is this normal?

The wine was on a refrigerated truck from California to your nearest FedEx center and arrived on the 2nd. Once in the FedEx system, it arrives at your house in two days hence the delivery date of the 4th.

This is typical for summer shipping.

dano0999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dano0999

Good to know! Just got them and was wondering if I now had three bottles of vinegar. Happy to know they should be as good as everyone is saying they are. Thx

simplydumpling

quality posts: 3 Private Messages simplydumpling

I just picked up my shipment from FedEx Kinkos and found one bottle leaked inside the styrofoam and another had a protruding cork. I'll try one in a few days but I hope they're still good.

redwinefan

simplydumpling wrote:I just picked up my shipment from FedEx Kinkos and found one bottle leaked inside the styrofoam and another had a protruding cork. I'll try one in a few days but I hope they're still good.

Leaking is bad. You should write to woot service to get replacements.

simplydumpling

quality posts: 3 Private Messages simplydumpling
redwinefan wrote:Leaking is bad. You should write to woot service to get replacements.

Woot had me try the last bottle to see if it had been heat damaged and unfortunately, it had been. I just received the three replacements via 2nd day service from FedEx earlier today. There's no leaking or protruding corks so hopefully all is good.

kittymac

I opened a bottle yesterday and was rather disheartened. I was expecting a big lush cab, and instead found the wine flabby, light with almost no texture. Is it possible this bottle was damaged? I am kind of bummed. I was hoping to fall in love with my first wine.woot.

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
kittymac wrote:I opened a bottle yesterday and was rather disheartened. I was expecting a big lush cab, and instead found the wine flabby, light with almost no texture. Is it possible this bottle was damaged? I am kind of bummed. I was hoping to fall in love with my first wine.woot.

Same here. Judging from the other reviews of this wine, it seems like we got exceptions.

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

Wow, this wine is a delight. Lots of life in it. Tastes youthful and vibrant - nice but not overly oaked, tobacco and chocolate on the nose. medium finish. delightful cab and a pleasure at this price. Thanks Lucas!

signed.