gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
bahwm wrote:OR, the first person who posted could just change the title and include a date. You might notice that!

Problem is probably twofold:

1. We need a Bonnie!
2. We are all so far apart, and I don't know about the others, but our economy is so damn bad down here...not sure how committed some can be.

That's a guess. Doing anything right now is a stretch. I'm not going into savings and/or retirement funds to drive half way across the state to drink wine.

That being said...if someone throws a party, I'll probably be there!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
gregorylane wrote:Problem is probably twofold:

1. We need a Bonnie!
2. We are all so far apart, and I don't know about the others, but our economy is so damn bad down here...not sure how committed some can be.

That's a guess. Doing anything right now is a stretch. I'm not going into savings and/or retirement funds to drive half way across the state to drink wine.

That being said...if someone throws a party, I'll probably be there!
Would love to help, but I don't know the territory!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
gregorylane wrote:Problem is probably twofold:

1. We need a Bonnie!

You know what they say, be careful what you wish for, you may get it. Bahwm is thinking about trying to host a tasting at our niece's condo in Fort Lauderdale.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

gregorylane

ddeuddeg wrote:You know what they say, be careful what you wish for, you may get it. Bahwm is thinking about trying to host a tasting at our niece's condo in Fort Lauderdale.

Ha! Figures

That is about 4-5 hours from us, and would require a stay over...not unreasonable. What time of year is she thinking?

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

ddeuddeg

gregorylane wrote:Ha! Figures

That is about 4-5 hours from us, and would require a stay over...not unreasonable. What time of year is she thinking?

Still nothing much but a pipe dream at this point, but if it happens, probably during Winter break, 2/18 to 2/25. Don't be making any travel plans.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

gregorylane

ddeuddeg wrote:Still nothing much but a pipe dream at this point, but if it happens, probably during Winter break, 2/18 to 2/25. Don't be making any travel plans.

Heck with that...cheaper to fly into TIA...rent an earth car, and the 4 of us drive to Ft. L.

Good times, baby. Good times.

rpm-2012

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
ddeuddeg wrote:Still nothing much but a pipe dream at this point, but if it happens, probably during Winter break, 2/18 to 2/25. Don't be making any travel plans.

Pipe dreams are good!! I have lots of those!!!Lauderdale is about 3 hours away... I agree with gregorylane, economy and the travel might make our get together tough... I am not giving up hope....yet.....

TomRaz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TomRaz

Okay all you FL wooters !

I live in Seminole which is in the Tampa Bay area

Maybe we can get together some place on the west coast like Tampa, St. Pete or even Bradenton, Sarasota area.

I know a really good place to eat near the airport in Sarasota.

mommadeb1

TomRaz wrote:Okay all you FL wooters !

I live in Seminole which is in the Tampa Bay area

Maybe we can get together some place on the west coast like Tampa, St. Pete or even Bradenton, Sarasota area.

I know a really good place to eat near the airport in Sarasota.

What place were you thinking about?

edit: and who r u? and why haven't you purchased anything?

rpm

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rpm
gregorylane wrote:Hak is truly correct...I'm in Palm Harbor. North Pinellas County on the Gulf. One other wooter, jplamb, is from St. Pete, pretty close to me, but has a 2 month old. Still hard for Him (them) to get away, for a while.

Keep the thread open and post on it now and again to keep it at the top of the threads...I think there are a couple of folks down your way!

We'll be in Naples towards the end of January beginning of February....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

mommadeb1

rpm wrote:We'll be in Naples towards the end of January beginning of February....

buggers... that is when I am headed to vegas.....

RyanANNAPOLIS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RyanANNAPOLIS
sodalite wrote:1000 bottles! i think that would fill up my whole apt!
well anyways, i'm interested in drinking some wine with fellow wooters. i live in fort lauderale, about a mile from the beach

I also live in Fort Lauderdale! Have you met any other people who are interested in wine?

thomasgeorgeblake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomasgeorgeblake
gregorylane wrote:Hak is truly correct...I'm in Palm Harbor. North Pinellas County on the Gulf. One other wooter, jplamb, is from St. Pete, pretty close to me, but has a 2 month old. Still hard for Him (them) to get away, for a while.

Keep the thread open and post on it now and again to keep it at the top of the threads...I think there are a couple of folks down your way!

jdhart306

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdhart306

I just moved from Tampa down from Pensacola for grad school and would definitely like to meet up with some fellow wooters.

enigma350

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enigma350

I'm also in Ft. Lauderdale and would be interested in a meetup

rpm

Looks like we'll be getting a winter place in Naples again this year so something should be possible down here.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

jdhart306

I just talked to swmbo and she said it would be fine for us to host something at our place in Tampa. I know that it will be too far for some of you, but I would just like to see if there would be any interest for something in the spring.

mibuwolf83

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mibuwolf83

I would be interested! I live in Orlando so just keep me posted.

jdhart306 wrote:I just talked to swmbo and she said it would be fine for us to host something at our place in Tampa. I know that it will be too far for some of you, but I would just like to see if there would be any interest for something in the spring.

mommadeb1

jdhart306 wrote:I just talked to swmbo and she said it would be fine for us to host something at our place in Tampa. I know that it will be too far for some of you, but I would just like to see if there would be any interest for something in the spring.

might be a possibility

TomRaz

I am across the bay in Pinellas county and would be interested in meeting local wine wooters !

TomRaz

mommadeb1 wrote:What place were you thinking about?

edit: and who r u? and why haven't you purchased anything?

Hello mommadeb1
I have purchased many wine woots and my total purchases at woot are over 110 at this point.

I am simply interested in wine and learning more from others and meeting from time to time to enjoy a good glass of wine.

My wife thinks sangria is good wine

So I would like to share quality wine with others that can appreciate the good stuff

jdhart306

It's exciting to actually see some interest in meeting up... Any themes or ideas that you guys have?

mommadeb1

TomRaz wrote:Hello mommadeb1
I have purchased many wine woots and my total purchases at woot are over 110 at this point.

I am simply interested in wine and learning more from others and meeting from time to time to enjoy a good glass of wine.

My wine thinks sangria is good wine

So I would like to share quality wine with others that can appreciate the good stuff

sorry, that reply was from a while back! I think I meant to say, why haven't I seen you on the boards? anyhow... nothing wrong with sangria.... esp. if you don't want to waste wine that is less than .... ha ha ha

TomRaz

TomRaz wrote:Hello mommadeb1

My wine thinks sangria is good wine

Thanks for the reply momadeb1

I guess I was still tired when I sent the prior post. I meant to say my wife thinks sangria is good wine

I will try and keep an eye on forum to keep up on any happenings in our area

Tom

rpm

We will be in Naples from 4/5/13 through 4/13/13. Anything possible?

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

mommadeb1

rpm wrote:We will be in Naples from 4/5/13 through 4/13/13. Anything possible?

Naples is about 2+ hours from me.... don't know that area too well, I might be able to drive down and meet somewhere...... anyone else???

edit: would love to try to figure a time/day to meet up.. Just need to check my schedule.....

TomRaz

mommadeb1 wrote:Naples is about 2+ hours from me.... don't know that area too well, I might be able to drive down and meet somewhere...... anyone else???

edit: would love to try to figure a time/day to meet up.. Just need to check my schedule.....

I could do something for the weekend of April 13-14. Maybe we could meet somewhere in Sarasota area ?

mommadeb1

TomRaz wrote:I could do something for the weekend of April 13-14. Maybe we could meet somewhere in Sarasota area ?

Since RPM will be in Naples, we should try to meet closer to or in Naples..... RPM any ideas?

rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:Since RPM will be in Naples, we should try to meet closer to or in Naples..... RPM any ideas?

Bump
This ever get organized?

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:Bump
This ever get organized?

not that I know of.....

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:not that I know of.....

PM, just do it!

CT

mommadeb1

RPM a Pm for you

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:PM, just do it!

pm RPM

mommadeb1

If rpm will be in Naples, we need to get down there or meet somewhere close to him.... any ideas?

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:If rpm will be in Naples, we need to get down there or meet somewhere close to him.... any ideas?

What's wrong with your Florida folks?!
Last summer 30 or so of us paid big bucks to go to Sonoma/Napa a Magical History Tour to expand our knowledge and do some guided tastings. Here you have the host of that commenting three different times

rpm wrote:We'll be in Naples towards the end of January beginning of February....
rpm wrote:Looks like we'll be getting a winter place in Naples again this year so something should be possible down here.
rpm wrote:We will be in Naples from 4/5/13 through 4/13/13. Anything possible?

he's open to attending a gathering!

If he were coming to somewhere in the LA area, 2~3 hour drive for me, I'd be all over that opportunity as likely would be any other attendees of the tours, it just doesn't get much better. rpm is a living book and meeting and talking with him for me was a life changing event, at least as far as enjoying wine goes...

[shakes head]

Get off you duffs, make some time for this, pull out your best bottles and get this organized!

CT

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:he's open to attending a gathering!

If he were coming to somewhere in the LA area, 2~3 hour drive for me, I'd be all over that opportunity as likely would be any other attendees of the tours, it just doesn't get much better. rpm is a living book and meeting and talking with him for me was a life changing event, at least as far as enjoying wine goes...

[shakes head]

Get off you duffs, make some time for this, pull out your best bottles and get this organized!

Seriously! Bahwm and I are driving 4 hours to Ohio next month for a dinner with Scott and Jana Harvey and a growing bunch of wooters. Some nice aged Cabs after dinner, then spending the night. Worth it.

rpm

deb pm for you

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

mommadeb1

rpm wrote:deb pm for you

replied

bunnyh64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bunnyh64

Two Wooters here in Tampa Bay that'd be interested in a meet.

jdhart306

It might be time for us to finally pick out a date and get the ball rolling. I was thinking of a Friday or Saturday night in late July or early August.