pikapi88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pikapi88

Hi,

Are there any wooters who are getting together for wine in South FLorida?

Reinna

Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com
Our drink as we learn adventure

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
pikapi88 wrote:Hi,

Are there any wooters who are getting together for wine in South FLorida?

Reinna

South Florida is a big place...been trying to get a few Floriwinos together for a while...where you at?

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

pikapi88

gregorylane wrote:South Florida is a big place...been trying to get a few Floriwinos together for a while...where you at?

We are in Boynton Beach. Anywhere in Palm Beach or Broward County would work for us. Maybe even Miami if I can convince my husband. Where are you?

Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
pikapi88 wrote:We are in Boynton Beach. Anywhere in Palm Beach or Broward County would work for us. Maybe even Miami if I can convince my husband. Where are you?

Sadly you guys are about 4 1/2 hrs apart.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

gregorylane

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Sadly you guys are about 4 1/2 hrs apart.

Hak is truly correct...I'm in Palm Harbor. North Pinellas County on the Gulf. One other wooter, jplamb, is from St. Pete, pretty close to me, but has a 2 month old. Still hard for Him (them) to get away, for a while.

Keep the thread open and post on it now and again to keep it at the top of the threads...I think there are a couple of folks down your way!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

polarbear22

quality posts: 34 Private Messages polarbear22
pikapi88 wrote:We are in Boynton Beach. Anywhere in Palm Beach or Broward County would work for us. Maybe even Miami if I can convince my husband. Where are you?

bkarney is in that area. We met up with him when my daughter was in West Palm Beach. Have not seen him on here as much lately. I will reach out to him to come and look.

We had the same issue. There were a couple of other wooters in the area, but in the end they cancelled.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
polarbear22 wrote:bkarney is in that area. We met up with him when my daughter was in West Palm Beach. Have not seen him on here as much lately. I will reach out to him to come and look.

We had the same issue. There were a couple of other wooters in the area, but in the end they cancelled.

My niece and her husband have a condo in West Palm Beach that they have offered us to stay in once their tenant leaves. So, perhaps, during February break during President's week we might consider making a trip down. Can't say for sure.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Well, I am about 1.5 hours south of Tampa.....anyone else out my way? West coast.

gregorylane

mommadeb1 wrote:Well, I am about 1.5 hours south of Tampa.....anyone else out my way? West coast.

So...you're in Venice? Port Charlotte? Ft. Myers...Naples? Inland? We're on the other side of the skyway...and then some, north of you.

rpm-2012

mommadeb1

gregorylane wrote:So...you're in Venice? Port Charlotte? Ft. Myers...Naples? Inland? We're on the other side of the skyway...and then some, north of you.

Sarasota area..

gregorylane

mommadeb1 wrote:Sarasota area..

Not so far, really.

Spent the day on Lake Tarpon (in N. Pinellas Co.) on Sat. Turns out our friends have some close friends that "took me up" on trying wine.woot...I guess they have about 1000 bottles now. I'm supposed to get their names....don't know if they participate except for just buying (at which they sound quite prolific).

Hmmm. Wonder if we can get motivated to do something about this?!

rpm-2012

mommadeb1

gregorylane wrote:Not so far, really.

Spent the day on Lake Tarpon (in N. Pinellas Co.) on Sat. Turns out our friends have some close friends that "took me up" on trying wine.woot...I guess they have about 1000 bottles now. I'm supposed to get their names....don't know if they participate except for just buying (at which they sound quite prolific).

Hmmm. Wonder if we can get motivated to do something about this?!

wow, 1000 bottles? I thought I was doing good to buy an 100 bottle fridge!!

pikapi88

bahwm wrote:My niece and her husband have a condo in West Palm Beach that they have offered us to stay in once their tenant leaves. So, perhaps, during February break during President's week we might consider making a trip down. Can't say for sure.

I hope you do! We are about 20 mins south of WPB.

Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite

1000 bottles! i think that would fill up my whole apt!
well anyways, i'm interested in drinking some wine with fellow wooters. i live in fort lauderale, about a mile from the beach

stormn1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stormn1

In Royal Palm Beach and definitely interested in getting together.

gregorylane

Well.
It seems to me, after co-triangulating all the given coordinates and non-verifying the locations of the wooters in Florida.
We should:
All meet at the truck stop on highway 27 (south of Yeehaw Junction).
Or, at the Holiday Inn Express on the north side of Sebring.

Talk amongst yourselves.

rpm-2012

croftie79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages croftie79

We are in Ft. Lauderdale and would love to meet up with fellow Wooters!

stormn1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stormn1
croftie79 wrote:We are in Ft. Lauderdale and would love to meet up with fellow Wooters!

I'm in RPB/WPB and pikapi88 is just south of me in Boynton. That's 3 (and plus ones) within an hour of each other. Sounds like a good start to me.

mommadeb1

stormn1 wrote:I'm in RPB/WPB and pikapi88 is just south of me in Boynton. That's 3 (and plus ones) within an hour of each other. Sounds like a good start to me.

agggg ya'll are on the wrong coast!!! West coast of Florida is much better!!! Ha Ha!! Seriously, It is about a 3 hour drive for me...
Keep me posted, I would love to meet up with everyone!

pikapi88

Ok sweet so we have interest and it isnt a terribly far drive, except for mommadeb! So now what should I do? Pick a place, date and time? What about August?

Trying to channel my inner party planner.

Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com

gregorylane

pikapi88 wrote:Ok sweet so we have interest and it isnt a terribly far drive, except for mommadeb!

Hey, what am I....wood?

Actually there is a woot get together thread that is a guide to setting it up....I'm lousy at linking things on woot, but if you scroll you'll find it.

rpm-2012

mommadeb1

gregorylane wrote:Hey, what am I....wood?

Actually there is a woot get together thread that is a guide to setting it up....I'm lousy at linking things on woot, but if you scroll you'll find it.

Actually, let me know where ya'll decide and I will do my best to make it!!

pikapi88

gregorylane wrote:Hey, what am I....wood?

LOL I apologize it is far for you as well.

Our Blog
www.teachuswine.com

polarbear22

How far is Sarasota from where you have been talking? My daughter, a new wine.wooter is going to be north of Sarasota for several months starting in August. I know that she would be interested, but I don't know distances in FL.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:How far is Sarasota from where you have been talking? My daughter, a new wine.wooter is going to be north of Sarasota for several months starting in August. I know that she would be interested, but I don't know distances in FL.

I am a bit east of sarasota, and it takes me about 3hours to drive across state.... 2 to Disney....

polarbear22

mommadeb1 wrote:I am a bit east of sarasota, and it takes me about 3hours to drive across state.... 2 to Disney....

ever hear of Myakka City?

My Cellar

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:ever hear of Myakka City?

check your PM

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

I dont know if I could make it but Disney food and wine in Orlando might be a good place; Sept-Nov

gregorylane

ERMD wrote:I dont know if I could make it but Disney food and wine in Orlando might be a good place; Sept-Nov

Anything in Orlando I could probably pull off...my son (# 2) is in UCF...any excuse for Deb and I to see him is welcomed.

Myakka City is not too far either...just a daggone strange place for a wine gathering...used to be 2 gas stations and a red light.

rpm-2012

mommadeb1

gregorylane wrote:Anything in Orlando I could probably pull off...my son (# 2) is in UCF...any excuse for Deb and I to see him is welcomed.

Myakka City is not too far either...just a daggone strange place for a wine gathering...used to be 2 gas stations and a red light.

Make that 1 gas station, 1 restaurant and 2 mini marts...no red light just a flashing one!

I can get to orlando area.... no problem! We try to get as many family members to meet for the food and wine festival every year....

gregorylane

mommadeb1 wrote:Make that 1 gas station, 1 restaurant and 2 mini marts...no red light just a flashing one!

I can get to orlando area.... no problem! We try to get as many family members to meet for the food and wine festival every year....

If I may...I think combining the "food and wine festival" could be...problematic. The point, as i have enjoyed, and understood, is to do our own thing with our own wines/theme. I, and those that can attend are not getting together to taste (at a steep price, no doubt) Wines that we don't supply!

If I'm off the mark about this festival, or you're just saying it is fun to drink in Orlando...sorry.

Typically we try to meet at a wine friendly place...or a host...and have at it.

rpm-2012

mommadeb1

gregorylane wrote:If I may...I think combining the "food and wine festival" could be...problematic. The point, as i have enjoyed, and understood, is to do our own thing with our own wines/theme. I, and those that can attend are not getting together to taste (at a steep price, no doubt) Wines that we don't supply!

If I'm off the mark about this festival, or you're just saying it is fun to drink in Orlando...sorry.

Typically we try to meet at a wine friendly place...or a host...and have at it.

I agree, it would be very expensive, esp. if you don't have a pass for Disney... The average price of a taste of wine there is $5 plus it is crowded and wouldn't be conductive for discussions...

ERMD

mommadeb1 wrote:I agree, it would be very expensive, esp. if you don't have a pass for Disney... The average price of a taste of wine there is $5 plus it is crowded and wouldn't be conductive for discussions...

Oh I agree, not as the main event; a side event. Everyone stay at a hotel that has a small confrence room, rent it, and have the woot tasting there. Next day if up for it tasting around the world or one of the wine dinners at EPCOT. Everyone is safe, and not raiding someones home for a FIRST time event.

ERMD

We may even attract some from the great white north to come down, or Cali? (hint WD etal)

mommadeb1

ERMD wrote:Oh I agree, not as the main event; a side event. Everyone stay at a hotel that has a small confrence room, rent it, and have the woot tasting there. Next day if up for it tasting around the world or one of the wine dinners at EPCOT. Everyone is safe, and not raiding someones home for a FIRST time event.

Definite possibility...

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

When you SE Coasters and Mouseketeers decide to solidify your events, please be sure to start a new thread. Otherwise, I can't promise I'll pick it up for the weekly roundup.

Thanks! -cj

gregorylane

OK....2 reasons for posting:

1. Who is going to take the lead? Sounds like Orlando is going to be a place that all can "get to"...so, now we need to set things up on cj's woot get together thread.

2. I want to keep this thread up top so it won't fizzle out.

Any natural organizers in the mix? I am soooo un-techie, it would be a bad idea for me to do it...has to be someone that can easily link stuff and maybe even a google doc to set it up. Hotel to find might be a requirement...we like nicer ones, not cheap smokey places...

Any takers?

BTW...late Sept. or early Oct., I'm thinking. Kids in school and no Snow Birds yet...rates should be reasonable.

rpm-2012

mommadeb1

gregorylane wrote:OK....2 reasons for posting:

1. Who is going to take the lead? Sounds like Orlando is going to be a place that all can "get to"...so, now we need to set things up on cj's woot get together thread.

2. I want to keep this thread up top so it won't fizzle out.

Any natural organizers in the mix? I am soooo un-techie, it would be a bad idea for me to do it...has to be someone that can easily link stuff and maybe even a google doc to set it up. Hotel to find might be a requirement...we like nicer ones, not cheap smokey places...

Any takers?

BTW...late Sept. or early Oct., I'm thinking. Kids in school and no Snow Birds yet...rates should be reasonable.

I am not an organizer....or a tech person!!
I am in agreement about no cheezy hotels... no super expensive either!!

winetrancer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winetrancer
mommadeb1 wrote:I am not an organizer....or a tech person!!
I am in agreement about no cheezy hotels... no super expensive either!!

me either. I just knew that if I stopped by here and said hi to my honey (who is on his computer right next to me), this would go back to the top of the list.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
cjsiege wrote:When you SE Coasters and Mouseketeers decide to solidify your events, please be sure to start a new thread. Otherwise, I can't promise I'll pick it up for the weekly roundup.

Thanks! -cj

OR, the first person who posted could just change the title and include a date. You might notice that!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast