smperry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smperry

5 hours too late. My loss

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
lkwcpa wrote:Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm also in the Tampa area and want to throw my hat in on possibly splitting orders. You've already got this order covered, but let me know if you're ever interested in the future. Also if you got in on Triacipedis, I'd love a bottle or two.

PM in for you.

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

exsmith21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exsmith21

I got my order in (thanks insomnia!). PM me if anyone in the Portland area really wants a few bottles, I'm sure we can arrange a swap.

dvdmchlh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvdmchlh

First Wine.Woot, amazing deal, can't wait for my case!!

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

What a great bargain. Sorry I missed out on the legitimate excitement.

From Black Tie buys to fantastic bargains on cases of enjoyable wine, Wine David brings it all to us !

I've believed this for a long time: the guy deserves some kind of award from whatever associations are out there that span the worlds of wine and marketing/commerce.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

CatherineB

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB

I see I'll have to do penance now. I got a case early this morning. The more I thought about it, I finally came back for more and low, the SOLD OUT button slapped me in the face.

I was sorrowful because I had only one case of wine until I saw so many with no wine.

Central Illinois here - willing to split 2/2 on the mystery bottles if anyone in the area happens to get different from mine.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 203 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Eastcoastmary wrote:I'm so glad I got my order in this morning.
I guess the wine.woot staff can take the weekend off.

Ahem, we will not be taking the weekend off.

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
Winedavid39 wrote:Ahem, we will not be taking the weekend off.

So does that mean we can expect a new offering to pop up sometime soon?

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh
amtruchard wrote:I know it is a moot point since the wine is sold out but as far a shipping to NC and NH, I am not quite sure why they are not listed. I know that as a winery we have the permits to ship to these states. I'll have to check the paperwork.

While it will serve to drive the stake deeper into my heart to find out that is should have been available, I would like to know about NH, if for no other reason than to look forward to another of your offerings sometime in the future.

CatherineB

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo *rubbing hands together and planning a long evening by the screen's soft glow so as not to miss out on the next...*

swmbo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages swmbo

Now I'm terrified.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

I'm sorry I missed this one.

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
Shacho wrote:Klezman - did you ever get someone to split with you? I'll split if not.

I responded to your PM...

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

WD - an OT question on labrattery (prompted by the link in your signature).

After signing on for ratting honors, are lucky rats simply selected from among those who have ordered during the week? More specifically, if a registered rat buys and then posts that they are available for ratting, does that factor into ratting selection? Conversely, if a registered rat knows that they will not be available to rat and says so, does that get noted by those who rule the rats?

emccarl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages emccarl

Woot-Off! Woot-Off! Woot-Off! Woot-Off!

sneefy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy

Crud Monkeys!

I saw it this morning and thought I'd ponder it for a while. When I come back it's sold out!

Nertz! I really enjoyed the last offering. Have one bottle in the basement.

chado006

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chado006

I'm liking the idea of trading the mystery vintages. Doubt there is anybody but might as well try. Anybody in the Sheridan, WY area let me know.

83fxwg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 83fxwg

Well lets get cracking already...after missing this deal I need to buy some good qpr vino dammit!

But then again my new fedex guy informs me that he will not leave booze without a signature. I had a good 12 year run...sigh.

I'm drowning and monkeys dressed as lifeguards are throwing me anvils...

crabbyman22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22
sulakdd wrote:Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: tnshy
Speed to first woot: 0m 22.137s
Last wooter to woot: sulakdd

Anyone in Michigan (Lansing->Detroit area) want to split 2 for 2 the 2005/2006 if we end up with different vintages?

I'm kinda between Lansing and Detroit,if the other person who already answered and you get the same thing,let me know.

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

WOOT OFF!!!!!!!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
LSlipetz wrote:So does that mean we can expect a new offering to pop up sometime soon?

Probably will show up at the regular Midnight Central Time rollover.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
emccarl wrote:Woot-Off! Woot-Off! Woot-Off! Woot-Off!

I don't think we've ever had a Woot-Off over a weekend yet. And while there's always a first time, I'll bet Kyle's wife's engagement ring there won't be one this weekend.

Next Tuesday however ....

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
MarkDaSpark wrote:I don't think we've ever had a Woot-Off over a weekend yet. And while there's always a first time, I'll bet Kyle's wife's engagement ring there won't be one this weekend.

Next Tuesday however ....

Bet something worth more than $40, cheapo!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

swmbo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages swmbo

Labrat PS

It's super ridiculously hot here (I don't understand why we couldn't have a spring this year!) so I turned the rest of the bottle into an impromptu post-work sangria.

And I can confirm that while it drinks wonderfully straight, it makes a very yummy sangria!

But now my bottle is gone and I am sad, my life, it is so hard Grats to all who snagged some, I hope you enjoy it! And if you don't, I'll take it off your hands :p

gooberpeas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gooberpeas

WIWBM?

noslensj

richardhod wrote:Indeed, older Spanish wines! The supermarkets in England are practically giving away Gran Reserva 02 and 03 Tempranillos from areas like La Mancha and Jumilla, and they are an amazing steal. The oak has settled into something softer, and there are aged flavours as well as still-vibrant fruit. And they mostly improve over a couple of days in the open bottle!

Hear! Hear!! Shared sentiments (one reason why you've got one of my CT yellow stars).

beckermo4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckermo4

BOOOO. I actually worked hard today and just now checked wine.woot and I love tempranillo! So sad I missed this! Anyone in the DFW area want to split their case... maybe ordered too much lately and no room? *Crossing my fingers*

bowerad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bowerad

Darn! So bummed I missed this- by a long way it appears I love tempranillo...and bargains. I just had a sip of the Truchard CS at my family reunion last week. It was lovely and made me a little sad to be 8 months pregnant.

Interested to see what the weekend brings...

dfstineh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dfstineh
gooberpeas wrote:WIWBM?

Good one - definitely the only reason I didn't buy was "woot-imposed". I can echo everyone else here who lamented that they (for once) didn't check first thing in the morning. I would've pulled the trigger for sure w/o hesitation, but I've been lulled into the expectation that we have at least 48 hr or so to mull over the weekend deal... guess this just reinforces my early morning checking addition!

Edit: just realized the NC folks were hosed on this one after all - even though we were eligible for the previous Truchard as vrthomas pointed out. Oh well, live and learn, thanks to the winery and WD for the great offering.

BTW, have I missed something recently? Didn't know there was a WineDrew!

noslensj

bowerad wrote:Darn! So bummed I missed this- by a long way it appears I love tempranillo...and bargains. I just had a sip of the Truchard CS at my family reunion last week. It was lovely and made me a little sad to be 8 months pregnant.

Interested to see what the weekend brings...

How can you be sad to be 8 months pregnant?? Though I could understand sadness at not being able to have some wonderful juice from this offering available to celebrate the delivery. That is what you meant, isn't it???

troyboy1993

quality posts: 0 Private Messages troyboy1993

Anyone in the Los Angeles area want to swap 2 for 2 the 2005 and 2006 vintages if we've got separate vintages? Send me a PM.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Did we really only get one labrat on this one?

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

yessrinc

quality posts: 4 Private Messages yessrinc
amtruchard wrote:I know it is a moot point since the wine is sold out but as far a shipping to NC and NH, I am not quite sure why they are not listed. I know that as a winery we have the permits to ship to these states. I'll have to check the paperwork.

BOOO! Woot, you screwed up royally! An apology is in order to your loyal customers in NC and NH

mouyang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouyang
orangeman114 wrote:Almost managed my first wine.woot - clicked on the bouncing button - but by the time I entered my credit card information it was sold out! What an amazing deal too!

Pay by paypal, then you don't need type in anything after your first order

Btw, anyone in bay area interested in splitting my order?

euphonywho

quality posts: 2 Private Messages euphonywho
mouyang wrote:Pay by paypal, then you don't need type in anything after your first order

I'll gladly share! I'm in Fremont.

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo

Uh oh...

mouyang wrote:Pay by paypal, then you don't need type in anything after your first order

Even when paying by CC, you only need to type in the security code after the first time.

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Pretty active thread for a sold out woot

I suspect the current offering will turn into a pumpkin in another hour or so . . .

zenisu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zenisu

A couple people were still asking about the labrats so I decided I had to post. Unfortunately, unlike SWMBO, my neighbor that signs for wine must have been out jogging because I didn't get it on Thursday. I was working from home on Friday, but the offering was sold out a couple hours before I even had it in my hands. I don't know how many labrats they pick for these, but I assume everyone else decided it wasn't needed anymore. The main point is to help convince other people to purchase, and if it sells out in record time, obviously we aren't needed to help convince people anymore. I hope you will see more of us reporting back on Monday's offering.

I was happy to be picked as a rat even though we don't drink wine all that often, so I can't add much that hasn't already been said. I'll give you a bit of background on our preferred drinks so you can weigh what I have to say. Flavored Rums and Vodka's are much more my speed. Wife doesn't drink often, but we do both like rieslings and other sweeter wine's. The dry reds aren't really our thing. I obviously picked up the Triacipidis that put me in the running for the labrat, but my previous woots were basically all the desert wines they have offered from esoterica, paeonia, v sattui riesling, and the hunt country late harvest/ice wine set.

So we are newbies to wine, and rarely drink more than one glass that somebody else brought. I can't give a lot of insight to this wine as it isn't really my style. I can concur on the vanilla notes, as well as it opens up a bit after sitting for a while. It is a very dark red and a little smoky/leathery/earthy. But it doesn't have so much going on in it that it would overpower whatever you're eating it with.

We both thought it was fine, but again both of us like sweeter white wines. If you like medium bodied slightly dry/acidic reds, then I'm sure you'll love this one.

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
troyboy1993 wrote:Anyone in the Los Angeles area want to swap 2 for 2 the 2005 and 2006 vintages if we've got separate vintages? Send me a PM.

I missed out so I have none of these to swap, but if you are looking to unload a few, let me know...

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

Yes. I'd love to get a few from you. See PM.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT