amtruchard

quality posts: 18 Private Messages amtruchard
mkottman08 wrote:Do you know what the drinking window is on these?

As I mentioned we just opened the wines today and did a vertical this afternoon. The 2003 is ready to drink and is showing flavors of forest floor and leather. The 2004 is a little more opulent and displaying more fruit, the acid/tannin balance on the 04 are in perfect harmony right now and probably so for the next 2-3 years. The 2005 could last a few more years and is drinking nice now, a little more about the spice then the 04. The 2006 would benefit from a year or two more. Still pretty big and brawny.

Our general experience with Tempranillo is the older the better. The Spanish are on to something with their gran reservas.

kgw7208

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kgw7208

Anyone in / near Boulder, CO want to split a case?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

I'm trying to come up with a reason not to buy this. Is it possible to not buy it? The price is disgustingly tempting... Great start to my S(erious)SIWBM.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

chado006

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chado006

I've been waiting for a long time to finally break my wine woot cherry... here goes!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
chado006 wrote:I've been waiting for a long time to finally break my wine woot cherry... here goes!

It's a slippery slope, my friend.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

dejspin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dejspin

Anthony this seems like an outstanding value, and appreciate you sticking around to answer questions. For serving these do you have any recommendations on foods to pair with the various vintages? Also, a random question, is your Truchard family any relation to the the Dr. Truchard who is CEO of National Instruments Corp (NASDAQ: NATI)?

rboston1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rboston1

When we saw this, the varietal and then the price... SO immediately said buy it.
We are fans of Temp so are looking forward to this. Not familiar with the vineyards. Are they truly from Napa ??

We've had some from Europe and Santa Cruz but that's about it.

wcheney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wcheney

The 2000 Tempranillo got 88 points from wine spectator, this is an impressive deal.

4wheeler4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4wheeler4

why not shipping to Idaho? I've had wine shipped here many times.

lassow

quality posts: 133 Private Messages lassow
kgw7208 wrote:Anyone in / near Boulder, CO want to split a case?

YES!

I like to talk about wine, but I'd rather drink it.

ojiikun

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ojiikun

Detailed notes on each vintage, found by digging into the link that MarkDaSpark provided:

Not a ton more info that what was already in the listing, but has some extra cooperage, innoculation, and fermentation details that might be of interest.

linygal76

quality posts: 4 Private Messages linygal76

Just had the 2005 Tenpranillo and poured some for my roommates. 1 gave a strange face but had ice cream right before. My other roommate with a more discernible pallet described it as sharp and has a long finish.

I can see why my roommate described it as sharp it since it's acidic and has a really long finish.

I was enjoying this with my cabbage salad and soft-shell crab dinner. Probably not the best pairing in the world for this wine but it worked well with the fatty part of the crab.

This wine would go GREAT with a creamy pasta or a nice fatty juicy cut of steak. The acidity of the wine would cut through the rich foods delightfully.

Man I need to get my hands on a nice juicy steak now.

greggarcia

quality posts: 9 Private Messages greggarcia

This looks to be a real deal! The larders are full, but at this hard-to-resist price, I can squeeze half a case in various nooks. Any Carson City or Reno area folks interested in splitting a case?

vircabutar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vircabutar

I'm down too! I live in Berkeley

farmisen wrote:Sure, would work with me - working in San Francisco.

vircabutar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vircabutar

I'm down too! I live in Berkeley

klezman wrote:Looking to split with Bay Area peoples...can't take the whole case at the moment, but half I can probably sneak in somewhere.

pspreier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pspreier

I agree with everyone else. I bought Truchard Tempranillo during the last offering and was very happy. Very well made wine for what I recall was about $12 a bottle. At less than $7, this is an absolute steal. I am definitely in for a case.

kennrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennrod

although i'm a Black Box Wooter this is my first wine woot. It seems like a great deal and the vineyard and wine seems to garnish good reviews.
Just in time for my new hand built wine cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Hey everyone - just in case you weren't aware - today is National Donut Day.

National Donut Day 2011: Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme Giving Away Free Donuts June 3 (LOCATIONS)

Thank you Michellesisk!!

Hmmm, I wonder what wine will go with donuts?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

greyday

quality posts: 54 Private Messages greyday

$6.25/bottle? Couldn't resist this one.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
4wheeler4 wrote:why not shipping to Idaho? I've had wine shipped here many times.

Usually it's when the winery doesn't have a license to ship to the state. Most often due to low sales or they don't have a distributor for the state.

Wine.Woot is only acting as the agent for the wineries.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

noslensj

quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj

Autobuy!!!!

I would actually like more, but not sure I want a second case enough to set a up a second account.

If there's anyone in the Seattle area who wants to split a case, please send me a PM.

splic3r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages splic3r

wife and i are new to wine woot but everything i'm hearing is saying this would be a good place to start.. anyone in the new england (southern nh/maine and eastern mass or so) area interested in a split? i have a friend in very-southern maine i can use for shipping to.

mennethitus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mennethitus

Yay! first Wine Woot :D
Also first case of wine I have purchased.

Question: Would i store these in my basement (it stays fairly cool) and should they be at an angle (what angle?).

reflex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reflex

This is great wine! I buy it whenever it comes up. Thanks for the great offer.

mkottman08

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mkottman08
mennethitus wrote:Yay! first Wine Woot :D
Also first case of wine I have purchased.

Question: Would i store these in my basement (it stays fairly cool) and should they be at an angle (what angle?).

I'm no expert, but from what I understand you want to avoid temperature changes, so your basement may be your best bet depending on where you live in the absence of a wine refrigerator or cellar. As far as the angle, you just want to keep the cork moist so any angle at which the cork maintains contact with the wine (such as perfectly horizontal) would be fine.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
amtruchard wrote:As I mentioned we just opened the wines today and did a vertical this afternoon. The 2003 is ready to drink and is showing flavors of forest floor and leather. The 2004 is a little more opulent and displaying more fruit, the acid/tannin balance on the 04 are in perfect harmony right now and probably so for the next 2-3 years. The 2005 could last a few more years and is drinking nice now, a little more about the spice then the 04. The 2006 would benefit from a year or two more. Still pretty big and brawny.

Our general experience with Tempranillo is the older the better. The Spanish are on to something with their gran reservas.

Indeed, older Spanish wines! The supermarkets in England are practically giving away Gran Reserva 02 and 03 Tempranillos from areas like La Mancha and Jumilla, and they are an amazing steal. The oak has settled into something softer, and there are aged flavours as well as still-vibrant fruit. And they mostly improve over a couple of days in the open bottle!

How would you compare your style of that of a Spanish Gran Reserva, and which region do you like the best? Talking of which, whose wines do you like most in California, our own aside?

Flaminghotsauce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Flaminghotsauce

I'm SO in for a case. I've not had very much Tempranillo, but the few I've had have been excellent wines. Great deal Woot!

Anyone hesitating is wasting this opportunity.

Candleshoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Candleshoe

Hey, Woot! Fix your order form. I can only select states that don't allow wine shipments! Otherwise I might have bought.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Ok, I love tempranillo.... the only thing that has me concerned, is in the description it states my word of avoidance... tobacco..... can anyone comment? I hate the essence of tobacco... yuck! So someone please tell me you can't taste it!!! I want this offer!!! Do I need it after I just got 2 boxes delivered yesterday? no, but I WANT it!! Ha Ha

zaprowsdower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaprowsdower

I cannot resist. Coincidently I just purchased a bottle from Coppola of Tempranillo for $8.38 (thank you Target clearance sale!). Now I must drink it today to see what Tempranillo is like. Dash it all! The sacrifices I must make.

Just a small complaint. Woot: Please mention whether the bottles are 750 or 375 in future. I assume it's always 750 unless noted but it would be nice to be sure.

CigarDan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CigarDan

I was all set to pull the trigger on this one, but then I noticed that there was no shipping to Louisiana.

annabellesma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annabellesma

NOOOOO....and none to NC.
Crap. I was so ready to pick this one up.

tdkayl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdkayl

Of course, the great deals never ship to Nebraska!! Curses, foiled again!

Eastcoastmary

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eastcoastmary

I'm in, how could I not be? Sad I can only order 1

krapfmr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krapfmr
tdkayl wrote:Of course, the great deals never ship to Nebraska!! Curses, foiled again!

No Missouri shipping either. Very sad day...

csg523

quality posts: 2 Private Messages csg523

So much for summer SIWBM! In for one. At this price, how can one resist? That, and we enjoyed the ones from the November offering!

iamjakex

quality posts: 11 Private Messages iamjakex

I have to say, that this is my first wine.woot purchase, and I am very happy, 12 for $76 bucks is a steal in my book, and I can always use some more red in my cellar (non blood I mean) ;)

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

So, I haven't bought a wine woot in a while. I was all excited to see a good Tempranillo, and then even more excited to see an amazing price on a good Tempranillo. Then I saw the shipping list, no Connecticut Is there anyone who is willing to wootleg this for me? Maybe someone driving to the clambake?

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

rxmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rxmurphy

Well I had to jump on this. Took advantage of the earlier offering, but used it all making sangria a few weeks ago, so I really don't know how good the wine is. I remember the sangria was delicious. That's about all I remember from that party.

mmohr0357

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmohr0357

In for one! Hard to pass up at that price.