hinrgman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hinrgman

I am letting this one go. I anticipate this deal will only bring disappointment. If I have to reason why I should buy it I am usually sorry I did. Good night. See you on the next deal.

mlou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlou

Reading all the comments I had to join in.

I visited the Jankris tasting room last month. I was so disappointed! Crossfire was a favorite of mine, that's why we stopped there. The mixed case was offered for $90. The reds poured were amber in color, meaning they were past their prime. Who has ruined Jankris?
Beware Wooters.

epistemologonhere

quality posts: 20 Private Messages epistemologonhere
divadrabnud wrote:I don't know about "lion's share" but I do know griping when I hear it, and quite a bit of it had nothing to with tartrate crystals. Personally, I couldn't convince myself that buying 4 bottles of 5-year old Chard was a wise move, even for "table wine". The offering had numerous red flags (even if Scott H. was a supporter).

What were the red flags you spied?!

___

jenkinsm02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenkinsm02

Another Lab Rat Reporting for Duty...

This is my first golden ticket, and first post to the message board. Thanks, Woot! I am a long-time lurker, and feel like I have learned a great deal from the knowledgeable folks that post to the board. I am still kind of new to the whole talking/writing about wine thing, so here goes...

I received a bottle of the Picaro zinfandel, merlot, cab blend. I generally like each of these varietals, but have never had a blend of the three in these proportions. I have, however, tasted a whole lot of wine in this price range having spent my 20s toiling away at a non-profit with a salary and palate that combined to find me looking for decent wine on the cheap. The bottle of Picaro stands up, but does not soar among that class.

It's color shows some age with a slight hint of rust on the edges. The nose didn't give me a whole lot other than the alcohol. Maybe there was a little oak, and on one swirl I thought I caught a good sort of barnyard that reminded me of queso de cabrales.

On tasting the wine, I caught some fruit on the front. There wasn't much in the middle of my palate, but the finish had the spiciness that I would expect from a zinfandel. The tannins were fairly mild, but certainly there.

On the whole, I thought the wine was reasonably pleasant. It would go well with pork or lamb on the grill. I imagine it would go nicely with a red sauce also.

While it wasn't the harmonious experience of some of the better zins that I have bought on Wine.Woot (I do love the Peachy Canyon Snow Vineyard), it was pretty good for a sub-$8 bottle of wine. If I hadn't bought the Pedroncelli case last week, I would be in for this case.

p2002

quality posts: 8 Private Messages p2002

This is really disappointing. One Labrat report for all of Friday. Nothing here to interest me, no winery participation, one Labrat in out of 12, and a number of negative reviews out of past experience. It would be fun to at least lurk about over a small controversy, but this seems to be outright plunk.
Maybe we'll see some Corison next week, then all will be forgiven.

rk

Eastcoastmary

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eastcoastmary

Based on the reviews, I'm glad I didn't get to be labrat even though I beg everytime I order on Monday. Also I have liked the Gazzi Pinots but haven't tried the chard yet. I plan on keeping that on hand for the relatives that only drink Chard.

ticomike

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ticomike
tjstinson wrote:I feel strongly that the Gazzi offering was outstanding, I would buy three more cases if it were available again.

+1

Sorry for the OT. I thought it was one of the best values I've ordered.

gooberpeas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gooberpeas

I am intrigued by the blends tho recent purchases will prevent me from being able to jump in on this one....some gut level feeling tells me I'd enjoy these wines....sorry I'll miss the opportunity to find out if that feeling is right!

edit: after reading lab rat reports and comments about the previous offering I would be hesitant even if I had the spare funds and storage....still intrigued by the blends, but hesitant

skelator818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelator818

Our notes on the 2004 JanKris are simply a giant YES, so we're in for 2!

Come on Bandolier of Carrots!

MichaelWB

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MichaelWB

Lab Rat Reporting in....

First off, I received my bottle of Crossfire while at work today so I knew I would not be able to taste it until I got off work at 10:30 tonight.
Let me preface by saying Im just coming around on liking Cabernet Sauvignon a lot more over the past year or so and still mixed on Syrah. The GF who gave it a valiant try on tasting is not much of a fan of drier red wines and is much more of a white wine drinker.

2005 Crossfire
50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, 25% Syrah

*Note* All tasting was done without Food.

Pop and Pour

Smell:
First thing I get is the smell of oak and high alcohol. The gf noticed a dark cherry note.

Color: Appears closer to a ruby red than garnet.

Taste: on the initial pour for both of us we found a hint of rasberry fruit, Dark Cherry, Pepper, and an earthy taste likely from the syrah. Oak was pretty prevalent also.

Finish/Mouthfeel - Tannins were very firm with a short finish from the wine still being pretty tight.

After an hour sitting out:

Smell: *Hmm I just did what we have all done once in our life...get too deep in and suck some juice up the nostril* - More bright fruit (Red Cherry vs Black earlier) , currant, alcohol has tamed a good bit.

Color : Pretty close to the same.

Taste: Brighter fruit as experienced in smell, blackberry, cherry, earthy syrah has been tamed. Oak is still very much there but mellowed out.

Finish/Mouthfell - The wine has really changed, it is not tight any more but really shows it is pretty thin on the mouth. The tannins that were drawing at the side of my tongue and cheeks have mellowed to a smoother feel only on my tongue now. The finish is longer and contains a bright finish but not from harsh alcohol. But still, it leaves me wanting more from it.

I have to say I'm VERY thankful to Wine.Woot for allowing me the chance to experience this wine but I won't be going in for this case. The gf is not a fan of this wine and I'm not big on Zin. Again, I'll enjoy this bottle and maybe make some more notes tomorrow at lunch/dinner with some food if that would help with anyone's decision.

Hope to get to rat again in the future, and can't wait till my orders from the woot-off get in!!!

embee44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages embee44

Another Lab Rat here…

First chance to be a lab rat. I’ve been a wine.woot fan/customer for about two years and have had a number of very good wines at great prices.

Received the Riata this afternoon, and just got a chance to try it. I note that it’s a blend of Cabernet, Sangiovese, and zinfandel in uncommon proportions, but sounded good since I like them all.

My experience echoes some of the prior comments: Smell – mostly alcohol, a little fruit. Color – paler than I expected. Taste – a bit watery, strong tannins, and not much like any of its component varietals. Let's just say that I wasn't in a hurry for a refill.

Maybe this was just a bad bottle, and I’ll probably be "fired" as a lab rat, but the gold card said “We want to hear it!”

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm
jenkinsm02 wrote:

This is my first golden ticket, and first post to the message board. Thanks, Woot! I am a long-time lurker, and feel like I have learned a great deal from the knowledgeable folks that post to the board. I am still kind of new to the whole talking/writing about wine thing, so here goes...

I received a bottle of the Picaro zinfandel, merlot, cab blend. I generally like each of these varietals, but have never had a blend of the three in these proportions. I have, however, tasted a whole lot of wine in this price range having spent my 20s toiling away at a non-profit with a salary and palate that combined to find me looking for decent wine on the cheap. The bottle of Picaro stands up, but does not soar among that class.

It's color shows some age with a slight hint of rust on the edges. The nose didn't give me a whole lot other than the alcohol. Maybe there was a little oak, and on one swirl I thought I caught a good sort of barnyard that reminded me of queso de cabrales.

On tasting the wine, I caught some fruit on the front. There wasn't much in the middle of my palate, but the finish had the spiciness that I would expect from a zinfandel. The tannins were fairly mild, but certainly there.

On the whole, I thought the wine was reasonably pleasant. It would go well with pork or lamb on the grill. I imagine it would go nicely with a red sauce also.

While it wasn't the harmonious experience of some of the better zins that I have bought on Wine.Woot (I do love the Peachy Canyon Snow Vineyard), it was pretty good for a sub-$8 bottle of wine. If I hadn't bought the Pedroncelli case last week, I would be in for this case.

For a first post, you have done swimmingly! This is a good labrat report by any standard: you give a hint of your experience - the basis on which you can compare this wine to others - describe in clear terms how it looks, smells and tastes, and, then an overall evaluation (and valuation of QPR).

What more can a wino trying to decide on the offer ask for? A more detailed description? Maybe, but, sometimes a wine just doesn't have that much going on, especially at the 'commercial wine' level that I suspect (and your report seems to confirm) these wines are. The key questions at this level aren't subtleties of aroma and flavor, but "is the wine sound?" and "is it a [great][good][fair][poor] value for money?".

Kudos from an old wino!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm
MichaelWB wrote:

Lab Rat Reporting in....

First off, I received my bottle of Crossfire while at work today so I knew I would not be able to taste it until I got off work at 10:30 tonight.
Let me preface by saying Im just coming around on liking Cabernet Sauvignon a lot more over the past year or so and still mixed on Syrah. The GF who gave it a valiant try on tasting is not much of a fan of drier red wines and is much more of a white wine drinker.

2005 Crossfire
50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, 25% Syrah

*Note* All tasting was done without Food.

Pop and Pour

Smell:
First thing I get is the smell of oak and high alcohol. The gf noticed a dark cherry note.

Color: Appears closer to a ruby red than garnet.

Taste: on the initial pour for both of us we found a hint of rasberry fruit, Dark Cherry, Pepper, and an earthy taste likely from the syrah. Oak was pretty prevalent also.

Finish/Mouthfeel - Tannins were very firm with a short finish from the wine still being pretty tight.

After an hour sitting out:

Smell: *Hmm I just did what we have all done once in our life...get too deep in and suck some juice up the nostril* - More bright fruit (Red Cherry vs Black earlier) , currant, alcohol has tamed a good bit.

Color : Pretty close to the same.

Taste: Brighter fruit as experienced in smell, blackberry, cherry, earthy syrah has been tamed. Oak is still very much there but mellowed out.

Finish/Mouthfell - The wine has really changed, it is not tight any more but really shows it is pretty thin on the mouth. The tannins that were drawing at the side of my tongue and cheeks have mellowed to a smoother feel only on my tongue now. The finish is longer and contains a bright finish but not from harsh alcohol. But still, it leaves me wanting more from it.

I have to say I'm VERY thankful to Wine.Woot for allowing me the chance to experience this wine but I won't be going in for this case. The gf is not a fan of this wine and I'm not big on Zin. Again, I'll enjoy this bottle and maybe make some more notes tomorrow at lunch/dinner with some food if that would help with anyone's decision.

Hope to get to rat again in the future, and can't wait till my orders from the woot-off get in!!!

Also an excellent, informative report! Thank you!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

jemofamom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jemofamom

The 05 Riata is great!

boxbenson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boxbenson

Another first time Lab Rat...what a surprise! I took delivery of a bottle of the Picaro.

The rain let up long enough this evening (it is monsoon season here in North Texas) to allow me to grill a pork tenderloin with a black pepper sauce. I put the wine in the frig for about 20 minutes to try to get it down closer to cellar temp, and then popped the cork.

The color seemed somewhat light for a blend of these grapes. The nose (I am not good at describing what I smell with a wine) did not offer much other than perhaps a bit of oak. The taste was OK...it worked well with the pork, but I was not able to pick up much in the way of fruit. My wife observed that it seemed to be an "earthy" taste.

I am a long-time fan of zins and zin blends, but I was not blown away by this wine. Certainly, for the price point, it is OK. However, there are many wines around this price point that I would buy at Costco before I would buy a bottle of the JanKris.

Thanks again for the golden ticket.

pandasetebamboo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pandasetebamboo
rlrct wrote:Well, according to the winery website, each of the 4 reds is priced at $18. Even without shipping, $90/216 = a 58% discount so this is a good deal.

The fact that these may be lower priced wines doesn't mean they're not a good value. We'll see what the 'rats have to say.

You should never pay the website price and you never would when you buy a case direct from a vineyard. It would be 10% minimum and up to 20%. Still a good chunk of a deal, but there is a reason you can't find reviews or tastings or documentation on this wine anywhere aside from the website.

sonofzeppo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sonofzeppo

Lab Rat Reporting:

$90 for 12 bottles. There's an old saying "ya gets what ya pay for." This is an average table wine.

We drink a lot of red wines, although we are not technically-oriented oenophiles. We received the 2006 Paso Robles Cabernet. Initial pouring reactions: light color, limited taste and bouquet. The aerator and time improved the wine.

After "opening up" the wine became a bit creamier. The good news: not very tannic; no after taste. However the wine is not complex. We had a difficult time identifying specific taste "notes." A bit of blackberry? Likewise our senses were not inspired by the bouquet.

I hope this is of help to those of you pondering your purchase. The least I can do is the return the favor to the WineWoot'ers whose advice I regularly integrate into my buying decisions.

NYC Wooter

sonofzeppo

sonofzeppo wrote:Lab Rat Reporting:

$90 for 12 bottles. There's an old saying "ya gets what ya pay for." This is an average table wine.

We drink a lot of red wines, although we are not technically-oriented oenophiles. We received the 2006 Paso Robles Cabernet. Initial pouring reactions: light color, limited taste and bouquet. The aerator and time improved the wine.

After "opening up" the wine became a bit creamier. The good news: not very tannic; no after taste. However the wine is not complex. We had a difficult time identifying specific taste "notes." A bit of blackberry? Likewise our senses were not inspired by the bouquet.

I hope this is of help to those of you pondering your purchase. The least I can do is the return the favor to the WineWoot'ers whose advice I regularly integrate into my buying decisions.

NYC Wooter

Where are my manners? Forgot to thank you for the opportunity to rate the wine.

sonofzeppo

jhkey wrote:We need our rats tonight! The world is going to end tomorrow! I'll probably still be here, but I imagine at least half the rats will be raptured and won't be able to report!

I just posted my review. We received the bottle yesterday afternoon and rushed to drink upon returning from the theater. Its least I can do as part of the community and in advance of my day of ...

wordek

quality posts: 23 Private Messages wordek

I'll start by thanking the rats for their honest reports! What we have heard so far seems consistent for an average style wine that has been pre-aged. Much of the fruit goes away, reds colors start to turn brick, tannins become more mild etc - these are all things that happen in any red wine as it ages, just that in this case the wines are not built for it so they may seem unbalanced but still decent considering the very low price...

Being the thrifty person I am I have often made this same gamble at liquor stores...find that 'gem' of an older/less expensive wine that is still hiding among the newer releases of the varietel on the shelf. I have hit and missed doing this (just as I am sure unfortunately a few of these bottles may be way past gone here).

I would wonder if the winery is even around, or if they showed up on their last offer...and if they are around could anyone blame them for not wanting to jump into the firestorm that this forum has been so far?;-)

Not trying to criticize the others who chimed in about their past experiences early on...but it may help others if more detail is provided besides 'undrinkable/down the sink' - for example was it half-way to vinegar, tasted like moldy-basement, etc? As a counter-point, some people enjoy the sherry notes that some wines take on as they start to oxidize! I feel like in the past other veterans may have raised this point (Nightghost, you are missed...), but I felt it needed saying!

And as others have said...you get what you pay for and at this price point if people have the storage this is probably a good buy to have around for 'simple week night' food (does McDonald's drive through really deserve your Scott Harvey Zin:-P), OR better yet for that social function you end up hosting where you know everyone is going to get blitzed and then want more wine...rather than letting them raid the Corison and Ty off your wine rack you can divert them to this instead;-)

I don't have the storage space or the likelihood of said social events to need this offer - but that's just my two cents on the whole thing...

'Rats keep those good reports coming!:-)

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
wordek wrote:
Not trying to criticize the others who chimed in about their past experiences early on...but it may help others if more detail is provided besides 'undrinkable/down the sink' - for example was it half-way to vinegar, tasted like moldy-basement, etc? As a counter-point, some people enjoy the sherry notes that some wines take on as they start to oxidize! I feel like in the past other veterans may have raised this point (Nightghost, you are missed...), but I felt it needed saying!

So, first,you are criticizing, but don't worry we're big boys.

I bit my tongue horribly when posting in this thread. The fact is that the down the sink / unsound comments came from people who buy and have drank significant woot wine. And RPM certainly knows his aged wines. If this was simple a bit on the 'sherry' side he would have said it was too far gone- not unsound.

The last offering was not a good value at any price. The wine tasted like more than the intended microbes were invited to the party, some people reported TCA, not to mention oxidization. Let's just leave it at all sorts of contamination and massive bottle variation. Nobody should have sold it with their brand on it.

I would guess that many of the problems had to do with how the wine was bottled, and then how the bottles were stored. To be honest though I can't imagine there was any tasting going on when they did the blending on that wine last time... I also could see them not having properly sanitized the bottles...

So if these different vintages, which were obviously bottled separately, are merely unimpressive or a little passed their prime, then it's not at all what we're talking about.

tonyr14226

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyr14226
jenkinsm02 wrote:

The Peachy Canyon Snow Zinfandel is the best wine I have purchased on Wine.Woot. I purchased a case during the offering, and then was lucky enough to get another case during a Woot off, and then purchased a case of not-quite-as-good Peachy Canyon Cabernet (not its fault -- after all what Cab is as good as a Zin?).

jveauthier

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jveauthier
jveauthier wrote:(6:30 mountain time)
OK... its been open a few hours and the Picaro has definitely changed some, it definitely has more fruit (strawberry) on the palette and is a little richer, definitely more flavor than when I first opened it, not a bad wine for sure.

Ok, here are some next day impressions on the Picaro I received. The wine definitely tasted its best - most fruit (which wasn't a whole lot but OK) and "creamiest" a couple hours after opening. Today its still drinkable but not at its best for sure. Overall all do I think this is a great wine, no but I do think its a good wine for the price. Will it hold a couple more years, I don't really know or have experience judging that but it sounds like its near or past its prime, from other postings.

I have to keep reminding myself this wine is priced around $8 here... I think that is a very good price for this wine, am I saying its worth $20 a bottle, no I don't think so but I think it would hold up well to other blends in the $10-$15 ($15 being max) range. I can't think of a similar blend I have had recently in this range but I have had a couple zinfandels I can compare. I do like the Peachy Canyon Zins and like it alot and no its not as good and one of my more favorite Zin wineries is Four Vines - The Maverick is definitely better but more at the $20 price point but I recently tried the Four Vines Old Vine Cuvee Zinfandel (2008) on a suggestion from the wine store that didn't currently have the Maverick, the cuvee was about $11-12 a bottle. I think I would buy the JanKris Picaro over this Four Vines Cuvee right now.

Infact, I may purchase the case because I am thinking there isn't a red wine I could buy in my local store that would be better at this price (granted the store doesn't have a great selection and I wouldn't typically buy an $8 red) but I also think this wine would fit nicely into the category of a good wine when the hubby asks, "what wine can I open" when he is wanting just a glass of wine and I don't want any and all the wines in our wine cooler our my coveted Ty Caton's, Corison, etc.

OK - hope this helps sway a few people - remember its a $8/bottle wine - would be really hard to get it to perform as a $20+ bottle or we might really have to worry about the end of the world!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mother wrote:So, first,you are criticizing, but don't worry we're big boys.

I bit my tongue horribly when posting in this thread. The fact is that the down the sink / unsound comments came from people who buy and have drank significant woot wine. And RPM certainly knows his aged wines. If this was simple a bit on the 'sherry' side he would have said it was too far gone- not unsound.

The last offering was not a good value at any price. The wine tasted like more than the intended microbes were invited to the party, some people reported TCA, not to mention oxidization. Let's just leave it at all sorts of contamination and massive bottle variation. Nobody should have sold it with their brand on it.

I would guess that many of the problems had to do with how the wine was bottled, and then how the bottles were stored. To be honest though I can't imagine there was any tasting going on when they did the blending on that wine last time... I also could see them not having properly sanitized the bottles...

So if these different vintages, which were obviously bottled separately, are merely unimpressive or a little passed their prime, then it's not at all what we're talking about.

IIRC, the last offer I remember from them (which may not have been the last offer, but might have been) was there was a change in ownership, and they were getting rid of the old bottles since the new owners were re-doing the labels.

I bought them deciding to give them a chance at the time, and think I used some for Sangria at the time. Probably should dig out the remaining to use for the same purpose (trying them first of course).

So if you are disappointed in any wine you buy, always remember you can use them in different ways (deglazing/cooking, sangria, etc.) as long as they are not cooked or tainted.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jveauthier

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jveauthier
jveauthier wrote:Ok, here are some next day impressions on the Picaro I received. The wine definitely tasted its best - most fruit (which wasn't a whole lot but OK) and "creamiest" a couple hours after opening. Today its still drinkable but not at its best for sure. Overall all do I think this is a great wine, no but I do think its a good wine for the price. Will it hold a couple more years, I don't really know or have experience judging that but it sounds like its near or past its prime, from other postings.

I have to keep reminding myself this wine is priced around $8 here... I think that is a very good price for this wine, am I saying its worth $20 a bottle, no I don't think so but I think it would hold up well to other blends in the $10-$15 ($15 being max) range. I can't think of a similar blend I have had recently in this range but I have had a couple zinfandels I can compare. I do like the Peachy Canyon Zins and like it alot and no its not as good and one of my more favorite Zin wineries is Four Vines - The Maverick is definitely better but more at the $20 price point but I recently tried the Four Vines Old Vine Cuvee Zinfandel (2008) on a suggestion from the wine store that didn't currently have the Maverick, the cuvee was about $11-12 a bottle. I think I would buy the JanKris Picaro over this Four Vines Cuvee right now.

Infact, I may purchase the case because I am thinking there isn't a red wine I could buy in my local store that would be better at this price (granted the store doesn't have a great selection and I wouldn't typically buy an $8 red) but I also think this wine would fit nicely into the category of a good wine when the hubby asks, "what wine can I open" when he is wanting just a glass of wine and I don't want any and all the wines in our wine cooler our my coveted Ty Caton's, Corison, etc.

OK - hope this helps sway a few people - remember its a $8/bottle wine - would be really hard to get it to perform as a $20+ bottle or we might really have to worry about the end of the world!

I should clarify that its not just for when I don't want wine, rather its when I may not want to hit the reserve...

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I found a deal on a mixed case offering for $10 more (free shipping) that appears to be twice as good:

2006 Cameron Hughes Meritage Napa Valley, Evergreen Series
2007 Cameron Hughes Tempranillo Flying Winemaker, Campo de Borja
2008 Cameron Hughes Chardonnay The Flying Winemaker, Santa Barbara

All of these wines have won numerous medals at various wine competitions.

And if you look for a newbie promo code, you actually end up at the same price as the JanKris once you factor in the shipping....I LOVE WW, but I'm just sayin'

gooberpeas

bsevern wrote:I found a deal on a mixed case offering for $10 more (free shipping) that appears to be twice as good:

2006 Cameron Hughes Meritage Napa Valley, Evergreen Series
2007 Cameron Hughes Tempranillo Flying Winemaker, Campo de Borja
2008 Cameron Hughes Chardonnay The Flying Winemaker, Santa Barbara

For what it's worth, this Chardonnay received a Gold Medal from the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competion in 2010

And if you look for a newbie promo code, you actually end up at the same price as the JanKris once you factor in the shipping....I LOVE WW, but I'm just sayin'

Link or URL?

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
gooberpeas wrote:Link or URL?

PM sent.

mplarkin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mplarkin
bsevern wrote:PM sent.

Do share...

ilovedisney247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilovedisney247

Based on the reviews, I'm out for this one. It sounds like my local Whole Foods has better options on sale then this case offers. However I had to post tonight because I just discovered that my roommate drank my last bottle of Ty's Red! AHHHH!

MichaelWB

rpm wrote:Also an excellent, informative report! Thank you!

thanks...that means a lot coming from you sir. Love reading all your informative posts.

Its only 1am...why not another glass to see what has developed over night....hmm

MarkDaSpark

ilovedisney247 wrote:Based on the reviews, I'm out for this one. It sounds like my local Whole Foods has better options on sale then this case offers. However I had to post tonight because I just discovered that my roommate drank my last bottle of Ty's Red! AHHHH!

You are perfectly within your rights to shoot him/her like the dirty dog that they are! Or make them watch a Mike & Molly marathon.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

semirose

quality posts: 2 Private Messages semirose
ilovedisney247 wrote:Based on the reviews, I'm out for this one. It sounds like my local Whole Foods has better options on sale then this case offers. However I had to post tonight because I just discovered that my roommate drank my last bottle of Ty's Red! AHHHH!

Yipes! That's definitely justifiable homicide territory. This is why my boxes of wine are in two stacks on the basement with "drink me" and "touch for death" signs on top.

MichaelWB

MichaelWB wrote:
Its only 1am...why not another glass to see what has developed over night....hmm

Let's just say.... Is it monday yet?

Seriously... something seems weird here. A less than stellar reputation from previous offerings...and no winery support to answer any questions for the whole weekend.

rawisi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rawisi
bsevern wrote:PM sent.

Please share the link on the Cameron Hughes. Thanks.

gooberpeas

mplarkin wrote:Do share...

rawisi wrote:Please share the link on the Cameron Hughes. Thanks.

I PM'd you Rawisi; mplarkin this is one of those sites where you have to sign up and give them your email address before you can even view the site. After reading their privacy policy and their 'about us' page, I signed up. I don't know but it looks good to me. It's one of those deals where I (or bsevern) would send you a link to a signup page and then (I believe) we would both receive a credit when the new enrollee makes their first purchase....so if you are interested then either pm me or bsevern and give us your email address and we'll send you an invite....bsevern, not trying to steal your referrals, just noticed you hadn't yet responded.....and thanks!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
MarkDaSpark wrote:You are perfectly within your rights to shoot him/her like the dirty dog that they are! Or make them watch a Mike & Molly marathon.

Hey! I don't mind you taking shots at cheap wine, but not at my new show! Which by the way is the number one new sitcom on tv.

So you will be seeing it around for some time to come

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

MarkDaSpark

tytiger58 wrote:Hey! I don't mind you taking shots at cheap wine, but not at my new show! Which by the way is the number one new sitcom on tv.

So you will be seeing it around for some time to come

I gave it a chance, but it was ... meh. Frankly, whathisname is overrated as a producer and just lucked out with cast and the writers for the other two shows.

And Ashton Kutcher? Really? One way to make 2 and 1/2 Men die a quick death.

Of course, you can drink this offer with either show in the future .....

p2002

quality posts: 8 Private Messages p2002
rawisi wrote:Please share the link on the Cameron Hughes. Thanks.

it's Invino. decent sales site they've been referenced before on WW. No threat to WW, not the same community spirit, but fair value and some interesting wines. I actually bought some CH wine from them in the past. On a side note I was introduced to CH through WW via the Havens liquidation, seems they bought out all the black and blue.
The fact that I am spending this much time OT says something about this current wine offer. IMHO

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
MarkDaSpark wrote:I gave it a chance, but it was ... meh. Frankly, whathisname is overrated as a producer and just lucked out with cast and the writers for the other two shows.

And Ashton Kutcher? Really? One way to make 2 and 1/2 Men die a quick death.

Of course, you can drink this offer with either show in the future .....

Are you kidding Mark Roberts is white hot right now. As far as Ashton is concered they have nothing to lose if they start with 9 episodes they will make there money from the ratings on the first two episodes.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson