cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
jmdavidson wrote:Unless you have a Google account, you cannot access the spreadsheet.

Interesting, it should be open to all. Maybe someone accidentally changed the settings on it - I'll take a peek at it today and make sure it's working again.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

jhkey

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jhkey
richardhod wrote:I'm just curious! It's surprising when people take an opportunity to an extreme, knowing that TPTB will notice. I think I'm just more cautious. they may not like it and find a way to cancel it if people are tooooo unsubtle about it, whereas 2 or 4 might be kind of ok.

Doesn't worry you? They don't care that much? Surely they look at their new customer stats...

I don't worry about much, my grandfather told me that worrying is a waste of time unless there is something you can do about it.

My logic: Why would a deal site (living social, daily candy, etc), whose goal it is to sell as many as possible, care if I buy xx or xx separate people buy 1? If it's a problem for Lot18, then they need to work that out with the deal site and ensure the proper controls are in place to prevent it.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
richardhod wrote:Re the wine.com it's interesting what some people think here: http://forums.winespectator.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7986076161/m/2557053522

I still think it's a value place for wines which never get discounted, although I hadn't considered their shipping.

I agree with you. Wine.com usually has wines I can't get elsewhere at relatively decent prices, but not great prices. They often have deals on shipping or 10% off coupons, so I think those WineSpectator guys are being a little ridiculous.

The other great thing about Wine.com is you can schedule your deliveries for specific days months in advance which is great for people who live in hot states like me.

I picked up a deal on their steward shipping late last year which gave me unlimited free ground shipping for something like $20 for the whole year.

Also, if you picked up the LivingSocial deal, I think the Duckhorn trio looks like a nice buy for $99

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
jhkey wrote:I don't worry about much, my grandfather told me that worrying is a waste of time unless there is something you can do about it.

My logic: Why would a deal site (living social, daily candy, etc), whose goal it is to sell as many as possible, care if I buy 10 or ten separate people buy 1? If it's a problem for Lot18, then they need to work that out with the deal site and ensure the proper controls are in place to prevent it.

The lot 18 people offer these deals to try and attract a broad scope of new customers and get them in the habit of patronizing lot 18.

Whether or not buying 10 or 12 or 16 is abusive rather than ethical, either way there seems to be nothing gained by boasting about it publicly.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
smartheart wrote:The lot 18 people offer these deals to try and attract a broad scope of new customers and get them in the habit of patronizing lot 18.

Whether or not buying 10 or 12 or 16 is abusive rather than ethical, either way there seems to be nothing gained by boasting about it publicly.

Well said, my brother, but arent they all "gifts". It would be better if one had spoke about how generous they were for wedding favors, etc. Now we see less % off and generally more restrictions. Ive been following this since about March. I dont know. Its like the Shuttle program. The gravy train will come to an end eventually.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
redwinefan wrote:I agree with you. Wine.com usually has wines I can't get elsewhere at relatively decent prices, but not great prices. They often have deals on shipping or 10% off coupons, so I think those WineSpectator guys are being a little ridiculous.

The other great thing about Wine.com is you can schedule your deliveries for specific days months in advance which is great for people who live in hot states like me.

I picked up a deal on their steward shipping late last year which gave me unlimited free ground shipping for something like $20 for the whole year.

Also, if you picked up the LivingSocial deal, I think the Duckhorn trio looks like a nice buy for $99

Great info, thanks! I'm going to cross-post this to the wine deals forum as it seems relevant. What kind of a style is the Duckhorn?

hunterjaydog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hunterjaydog
bud8jr wrote:Well said, my brother, but arent they all "gifts". It would be better if one had spoke about how generous they were for wedding favors, etc. Now we see less % off and generally more restrictions. Ive been following this since about March. I dont know. Its like the Shuttle program. The gravy train will come to an end eventually.

My $0.02. I'm neither condoning nor condeming this. Yes Lot18 is looking for new customers BUT they winery's are also looking to a) get rid of inventory and b) get their name out there. So even though it's not something I would do (more for the financial aspect than the ethical) Lot18 and the wineries are still winning. I don't think that the EVB (extreme Voucher Buyers) are going to drink all the juice alone, so the wine will cross the palates of others, possibly prompting future buys and or near retail and Lot18 looks good to the wineries by clearing out their inventory.

ntoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntoc

Living Social is having 50% off for DrinkUpNy.com (Brooklyn city)

$25 for $50, or $50 for $100, or $99 for $200.

Regarding DrinkUpNy.com, limited selection on wines and spirits, prices are higher than most (~10-20% higher), free shipping for $100.

Spreadsheet

---
Nathan

twowootthree

quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
smartheart wrote:The lot 18 people offer these deals to try and attract a broad scope of new customers and get them in the habit of patronizing lot 18.

i thought jhkey's original post was rather funny, since we all seem to be addicted to these vouchers, and some seem to crave the next deal.

twowootthree

quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree

interesting article about Groupon. really bad news for us voucher addicts if they do go under.

Groupon is Effectively Insolvent

martinkey4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages martinkey4

EVB - I like it! I don't think it is a big deal at all to anyone, no matter how much it is posted. The vast majority of the voucher purchasers only buy the allotted one. They also only buy from the wine site using their one voucher - and then go away. If a few folks go overboard and buy up as many as they can afford - no biggie.

In reality, it is the wine addicts like us (yes, I'm a self confessed EVB) who really keep a lot of these sites going. If you look at my "off voucher" wine buying - it is probably many times higher than the average customer's "off voucher" buying.

If the site produces good products, good prices and good service - they can develop a loyal customer for life. In the end, that is more valuable than a one time discount buyer.

Wine and wenches empty men's purses
English Proverb
CT

hunterjaydog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hunterjaydog
hunterjaydog wrote:Outstanding. I used an old spreadsheet up at:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&hl=en&key=tsdhKsCGTyPDJPKT1msIyUQ&authkey=CPTh0sMJ#gid=0

(sorry, not sure how to link it).
I used you as first and used your link as a referral.

Edit - Vouchers are Instant!!

Please make sure you're filling in who's refferal link you're using (should go top to bottom) - when it hits 3 go to the next link.

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

I still need a third referral since shamer and I saw and bought at the same time (doh!). Oh well.

If Trevin or Aimee used my link please update so we can move onto the next person on the list.

Thanks.

trevindalton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevindalton
Krugsters wrote:I still need a third referral since shamer and I saw and bought at the same time (doh!). Oh well.

If Trevin or Aimee used my link please update so we can move onto the next person on the list.

Thanks.

I am sorry Krugsters, yours was the first link I used, but my heart was racing so fast that I forgot to put into spreadsheet. I guess that means you actually got 4 credits.

Also, to all of you who might not have noticed, unlike Living Social, you can get to these vouchers instantly. Just click on "My Account" and "Vouchers" and your code is listed right there. I already have my credits deposited into Lot 18 account! Whooo Hooo!

wnance

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wnance
trevindalton wrote:I am sorry Krugsters, yours was the first link I used, but my heart was racing so fast that I forgot to put into spreadsheet. I guess that means you actually got 4 credits.

Also, to all of you who might not have noticed, unlike Living Social, you can get to these vouchers instantly. Just click on "My Account" and "Vouchers" and your code is listed right there. I already have my credits deposited into Lot 18 account! Whooo Hooo!

Are you guys getting notifications when people buy on your links, or it is updated on the purchase page like on Living Social? Or did you just get an email that yours was free once the 3 referrals purchased?

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
trevindalton wrote:I am sorry Krugsters, yours was the first link I used, but my heart was racing so fast that I forgot to put into spreadsheet. I guess that means you actually got 4 credits.

I think you put the link credit under Hunter Jay, no? If you did not use Hunter Jay's link please edit so he can get his three referrals.

Also, Doodle Deals does not notify/let you know when someone has used your link like Living Social does. It takes 10 days to receive credit on your credit card if three links were used.
So please use the links carefully and I would highly recommend removing your link from the spreadsheet when you get your three referrals.

trevindalton

Krugsters wrote:I think you put the link credit under Hunter Jay, no? If you did not use Hunter Jay's link please edit so he can get his three referrals.

Also, Doodle Deals does not notify/let you know when someone has used your link like Living Social does. It takes 10 days to receive credit on your credit card if three links were used.
So please use the links carefully and I would highly recommend removing your link from the spreadsheet when you get your three referrals.

I don't think so Krugster. I already made the purchase.

j0rdantay10r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0rdantay10r
richardhod wrote:Spreadsheet Link for doodledeals lot18 $30 for $75 vouchers reposted.

It doesn't appear doodledeals is updating to show you how many referrals you currently have like LivingSocial does unless I'm missing something? For you guys that know you have referrals, are you just going off of word of mouth from the people you referred saying they purchased through your link?

jhkey

Great find Krugsters. I used shamer's link.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice

There's the first for CiXel.

Z

martinkey4

Thanks! I'm loving it!

English Proverb
CT

picklep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picklep

I think the link that I used got their three before I finished setting up an account and my purchase. Sorry.

richardhod

picklep wrote:I think the link that I used got their three before I finished setting up an account and my purchase. Sorry.

Put your name in first THEN go to the spreadsheet. I got it backwards this time too like an eejit but it was ok for me. So remember, NAME in FIRST in the position of the person whose link you are ABOUT to CLICK! Then sue the link, and put in your own details below.

jhkey

richardhod wrote:Put your name in first THEN go to the spreadsheet. I got it backwards this time too and lost out bcaue of it.

I think you meant, "put your name as someone's referral FIRST on the spreadsheet (columns D, E, or F), then go buy the deal, then put your referral URL at the bottom."

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Bought one... used CiXel

Yay... just in time for Buty!

richardhod

jhkey wrote:I think you meant, "put your name as someone's referral FIRST on the spreadsheet (columns D, E, or F), then go buy the deal, then put your referral URL at the bottom."

Indeed. Was in the process of editing it!

What's Buty, and does it smell?

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Looks you can buy multiple vouchers in different markets.

Buty - fantastic wine out of Washington. Yum.

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom

murrayd222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murrayd222
InFrom wrote:Re-posting the link to the spreadsheet.

I added mine to the spreadsheet, but I clicked on the deal through WineBeserkers.com and then came here to post the deal...but it was already posted.

No referral linking please.

richardhod

kittymac wrote:Looks you can buy multiple vouchers in different markets.

Buty - fantastic wine out of Washington. Yum.

Possibly. but if you have a free voucher I wouldn't as they may cancel your freebie when they look at your account... otherwise, ok.

anyone else opinion?

j0rdantay10r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0rdantay10r
richardhod wrote:Possibly. but if you have a free voucher I wouldn't as they may cancel your freebie when they look at your account... otherwise, ok.

anyone else opinion?

I'd say go for it. The vouchers are immediately available to credit to your lot18 account. If doodledeals does some sort of review later today and realized that you purchased multiple vouchers it will be too late - as you've already loaded the voucher number and received credit in your lot18 account. I suppose there's always the risk of them contacting lot18 and asking for it to be revoked but that's just turning away money!

trevindalton

richardhod wrote:Possibly. but if you have a free voucher I wouldn't as they may cancel your freebie when they look at your account... otherwise, ok.

anyone else opinion?

You can't actually buy multiple vouchers from one single account. You can buy more than one if you use multiple email addresses-- one per address. But alas, if Doodle Deals did some digging, I am sure they could find people are using multiple emails to purchase multiple vouchers.

wayne82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wayne82

How is Lot18's shipping anyone know?

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
wayne82 wrote:How is Lot18's shipping anyone know?

Wines there ship directly from the wineries. It is generally quick, sometimes it ships same day from the winery. Never had any Issues.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

trevindalton

[quote postid="4507267" user="wayne82"]How is Lot18's shipping anyone know?[/quote

Also, ever since Lot 18 debuted they have consistently had free shipping on any single purchases of 4 bottles or more (of the same wine) and most 3 set verticles. Additionally, about once a month they have free shipping with no minimum or 1 cent shipping. I believe that since the wineries direct ship, it is at their discretion to handle shipping during the hot months.

martinkey4

anyone else opinion?

Yeah - that's what livingsocial did to me. You end up getting as many vouchers as you want, but you will probably lose the "free" deal.

English Proverb
CT

wayne82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wayne82

This seems really Jatravartid, how do I get my voucher to apply to my lot18 act, i dont see a place to input it

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
trevindalton wrote:You can't actually buy multiple vouchers from one single account. You can buy more than one if you use multiple email addresses-- one per address. But alas, if Doodle Deals did some digging, I am sure they could find people are using multiple emails to purchase multiple vouchers.

And you definitely shouldn't use the same credit card for each purchase. At the very least, use a CC for one and PayPal for another.

Not that I'm encouraging anyone to do anything unethical...

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

martinkey4

wayne82 wrote:This seems really Jatravartid, how do I get my voucher to apply to my lot18 act, i dont see a place to input it

lot18.com/voucher

make sure to click the redeem button after you enter the voucher number and hit "enter".

you can also go to www.lot18.com/voucher/(enter your voucher code here) and your voucher is entered for you - all you do is click redeem.

English Proverb
CT