bkrupski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski
gcdyersb wrote:Nice deal. Been following Lot18 and am liking the diversity of selections. Alas, I am am in hot summer country now and locking my $$$ into something I can't use until fall is not ideal. I don't trust these sites enough to believe they'll all be around in 4-6 months.

While definitely at your discretion, lot18 has been saying wines shipping to hot weather states may be delayed because they are shipping via ground in climate controlled vehicles. Definitely encourage validating that to your satisfaction but thought I would toss that out there in case you hadn't heard those rumblings.

tmv1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmv1976

If you go to the "buy as a gift" drop down bar you can purchase multiples. I did this and had it sent to a different email address, they send all the links to the address and I just redeemed them all on my Lot 18 account.

jmdavidson wrote:This deal is nice because you get the voucher instantly.

tourette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tourette
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Also, you should add your name into the Referral spot on the spreadsheet first, and THEN go complete your order. That way you are reserving the spot so that we don't end up with 4 or more people all using the same link.

Does the wine.com deal allow you to use the voucher on shipping as well? Any great deals pop out at anyone? A cursory glance shows some pretty poor prices. The voucher seems like it would allow somebody to find a good deal if you weren't screwed on shipping as well though. Thoughts?

Jeff

bkrupski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski
tourette wrote:Does the wine.com deal allow you to use the voucher on shipping as well? Any great deals pop out at anyone? A cursory glance shows some pretty poor prices. The voucher seems like it would allow somebody to find a good deal if you weren't screwed on shipping as well though. Thoughts?

Jeff

It's in th fine print. "...cannot be applied toward shipping costs or applicable tax...Voucher can be applied to the purchase of a Wine.com Steward-Ship membership..."

In other words can't apply it to shipping unless yuo add the Stewardship membership which gets you free shippinqng for a year.

tourette

bkrupski wrote:Lot18 Voucher today. $70 for $35. Doesn't look like there is any referral program.

http://deals.dailycandy.com/deal/1555/lot18-50-percent-off

Nice one! Thanks.

tourette

Heard about this on Wine Berserkers - $40 for $20 on WineEnthusiast.com.

http://shop.weshop.com/products/wineenth/?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=%28deal_subject%29&utm_campaign=daily_deal_2011_05_31&utm_term=View_0A++++++++++++++++++++++++This+Deal

According to WB, they have a referral system as well. Though this link is supposedly not a referral. I'm going to pass on this deal since I have all the glassware and corkscrews I need. But if you need any, its makes for a great deal (a couple Riedel's for half price with free shipping for example).

I'll let y'all setup the referral spreadsheet since I'm not jumping for this.

Jeff

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

Not interested in wine.com, but definitely interested in the Lot18 deal. Thanks for the post!

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

RRichmo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RRichmo
bkrupski wrote:It's in th fine print. "...cannot be applied toward shipping costs or applicable tax...Voucher can be applied to the purchase of a Wine.com Steward-Ship membership..."

In other words can't apply it to shipping unless yuo add the Stewardship membership which gets you free shippinqng for a year.

They also state "deal not good in the following states", including Tennessee. This concerned me, since I live in TN, but I bought one and entered it into my Lot 18 account with no problem. Interesting, too, that you can only buy one, but you can "gift" 100.

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

Free shipping at Lot18 from now until 6pm Eastern.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

twowootthree

quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
gcdyersb wrote:Nice deal. Been following Lot18 and am liking the diversity of selections. Alas, I am am in hot summer country now and locking my $$$ into something I can't use until fall is not ideal. I don't trust these sites enough to believe they'll all be around in 4-6 months.

these deal sites might not be around, but i'm quite confident Lot18 will be around for at least 6 months. i would not be surprised if they currently have enough members to sustain their business for a long time. before these vouchers, i wasn't a member. even after these vouchers are over, i predict that i will check their website everyday (just like a check Woot and WTSO everyday).

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl
jhkey wrote:Free shipping at Lot18 from now until 6pm Eastern.

...if you can actually get through to their site. Looks like they're having server issues. Hmmm...is Lot18 getting that popular now?

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
tourette wrote:Does the wine.com deal allow you to use the voucher on shipping as well? Any great deals pop out at anyone? A cursory glance shows some pretty poor prices. The voucher seems like it would allow somebody to find a good deal if you weren't screwed on shipping as well though. Thoughts?

Jeff

Looks like if you haven't signed up yet, "Sign up now and we'll send you a promo code good for 1 cent shipping on your first order!" Can save on shipping on the first order at least.

twowootthree

bkrupski wrote:Lot18 Voucher today. $70 for $35. Doesn't look like there is any referral program.

thanks for the tip!

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99
RRichmo wrote:Interesting, too, that you can only buy one, but you can "gift" 100.

Yeah, it's odd that the gifted vouchers are all sent in one email. The good news is that they can be applied immediately to your lot18 account. Almost regretting that I didn't get more of them, but I wanted to take advantage of the free shipping offer and rushed through.

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99
hesnctrl wrote:...if you can actually get through to their site. Looks like they're having server issues. Hmmm...is Lot18 getting that popular now?

Their servers are definitely acting screwy. Sometimes things show up as "sold out," sometimes they don't. The ship-to info is acting weird. I'm in MI, but keep seeing "Unfortunately, (winery) cannot ship to Rhode Island at this time." Plus, the little "Not available in your state" flags on the main page keep appearing and disappearing each time it loads.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
twowootthree wrote:these deal sites might not be around, but i'm quite confident Lot18 will be around for at least 6 months. i would not be surprised if they currently have enough members to sustain their business for a long time. before these vouchers, i wasn't a member. even after these vouchers are over, i predict that i will check their website everyday (just like a check Woot and WTSO everyday).

lol indeed they have a lot of repeat customers like us, but they hope we'll buy even once their VC (Voucher Capital) runs out...

Remember the lot18 deal above, and Link to the wine.com spreadsheet here (googlemail needed)

richardhod

chukon99 wrote:Yeah, it's odd that the gifted vouchers are all sent in one email. The good news is that they can be applied immediately to your lot18 account. Almost regretting that I didn't get more of them, but I wanted to take advantage of the free shipping offer and rushed through.

not sure lot18 will let you take more than one per account. others have tried with the livingsocial ones., have a read back in the other forum.. or see and report back

tmv1976

richardhod wrote:not sure lot18 will let you take more than one per account. others have tried with the livingsocial ones., have a read back in the other forum.. or see and report back

I bought 7 and added them to my account this morning, made a purchase this evening during the free shipping period. It works.

RRichmo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RRichmo
chukon99 wrote:Their servers are definitely acting screwy. Sometimes things show up as "sold out," sometimes they don't. The ship-to info is acting weird. I'm in MI, but keep seeing "Unfortunately, (winery) cannot ship to Rhode Island at this time." Plus, the little "Not available in your state" flags on the main page keep appearing and disappearing each time it loads.

Lot 18 has always had website "glitches" (their description, as well as my own observation). I've seen wines go from ships to TN to "unfortunately no ship to" in the span of a day.

I spent much time back and forth with them trying to convince them the "no shipping to Tennessee" banner was simply wrong. When I finally found a current listing of all wineries that do ship to TN, I finally convinced them there was a problem, but they have yet to find a solution. Turns out, because some counties in the state do not allow wine to be purchased online, the entire state gets the "no ship" banner. I've learned to ignore the no-ship banner and place my order. If it truly does not ship, the orderwill not process.

richardhod

tmv1976 wrote:I bought 7 and added them to my account this morning, made a purchase this evening during the free shipping period. It works.

wow. thx. not different credit cards or anything?!! I think it was livingsocial not lot18 who noticed the last one. Hmmm, might have to buy another one or two if there's any left

alexa84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages alexa84

thanks!!

<--- is ALWAYS available to rat *** my cellar in progress (don't judge!) ***

currently in training for the CSW exam & very excited about it!

alexa84

tourette wrote:Heard about this on Wine Berserkers - $40 for $20 on WineEnthusiast.com.

http://shop.weshop.com/products/wineenth/?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=%28deal_subject%29&utm_campaign=daily_deal_2011_05_31&utm_term=View_0A++++++++++++++++++++++++This+Deal

According to WB, they have a referral system as well. Though this link is supposedly not a referral. I'm going to pass on this deal since I have all the glassware and corkscrews I need. But if you need any, its makes for a great deal (a couple Riedel's for half price with free shipping for example).

I'll let y'all setup the referral spreadsheet since I'm not jumping for this.

Jeff

I'd buy, but the expiration date for the deal is today which seems a bit fishy to me....

tmv1976

richardhod wrote:wow. thx. not different credit cards or anything?!! I think it was livingsocial not lot18 who noticed the last one. Hmmm, might have to buy another one or two if there's any left

Same CC just a different email addy. Agree, it was living social last time not Lot 18.

alexa84

Tassadar2k03 wrote:it is 1 year from today

"Must be redeemed by May 31, 2012"

"4) Is there an expiration date associated with this?
A. Yes, 5/31/2011 (Please note: an incorrect expiration date of 12/31/2010 was incorrectly displayed earlier. We apologize for any confusion.)"

I e-mailed them about it....

[edit] this is in regards to the wine enthusiast deal that was posted, not lot 18 or wine.com.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
bkrupski wrote:While definitely at your discretion, lot18 has been saying wines shipping to hot weather states may be delayed because they are shipping via ground in climate controlled vehicles. Definitely encourage validating that to your satisfaction but thought I would toss that out there in case you hadn't heard those rumblings.

Just remember it goes on a traincar across country or when tracking intervals are above 18 hours or over a weekend in a hub by truck.

Just pulled the trigger 6 btls of http://www.lot18.com/product/385/2006-bonaccorsi-syrah-star-lane-vineyard-2-btl-pair

$15 out of pocket for something that retails at the winery for $65?

I just dont understand how a wine shipment from Sacramento, CA to Columbia, SC is reefered and 2 days from Columbia to here is in the heat and they claim its all nice? Just got my http://www.lot18.com/product/272/2007-calcareous-meritage-bordeaux-blend and so far so good. Wonder what is the mean temp out of the reefer? Those are not thick styrofoam only thin egg cartons. I guess its an educated gamble on their part. Never had a problem with bad product in the past.

michaepf

quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaepf

Great deal.

My Cellar, totally out of date. Useful, I know.

Tassadar2k03

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tassadar2k03
alexa84 wrote:"4) Is there an expiration date associated with this?
A. Yes, 5/31/2011 (Please note: an incorrect expiration date of 12/31/2010 was incorrectly displayed earlier. We apologize for any confusion.)"

I e-mailed them about it....

[edit] this is in regards to the wine enthusiast deal that was posted, not lot 18 or wine.com.

you are right i got them mixed up XD

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

I think the expiration is referring to the date you post the voucher to lot18.

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb
bkrupski wrote:While definitely at your discretion, lot18 has been saying wines shipping to hot weather states may be delayed because they are shipping via ground in climate controlled vehicles. Definitely encourage validating that to your satisfaction but thought I would toss that out there in case you hadn't heard those rumblings.

Reefer trucks or 2nd day air are good and well, but the weak link is the last leg on the ground going 'cross town. In 90+ degree weather, it doesn't take long for things to go awry.

Buying flash-sale site wine for some time now, you just have no control over when they ship. If there's a 3 day window of 75 degree weather, well, your wine may go out when it's 85+ a week earlier or later because that's when everyone's wine goes out from the warehouse.

I'm just gonna buy daily drinkers locally, and drop the boom big in the fall when weather permits. Or order from retailers that can hold wine until October.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

wnance

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wnance

Tempting to have a virtually unlimited 50% off Lot18 deal. I redeemed 2 vouchers yesterday into my account, and am thinking about doing another one today, as the deal is still on, to grab the Pepperbridge Merlot, which looks really great, and I've liked the other decent Washington Merlot's I've tried. . .

7 vouchers? Wow, that's about $500 worth of wine! What a great way to kick start a cellar, or buy some older vintages at 1/2 off Lot18 prices. . .

tourette

wnance wrote:Tempting to have a virtually unlimited 50% off Lot18 deal. I redeemed 2 vouchers yesterday into my account, and am thinking about doing another one today, as the deal is still on, to grab the Pepperbridge Merlot, which looks really great, and I've liked the other decent Washington Merlot's I've tried. . .

7 vouchers? Wow, that's about $500 worth of wine! What a great way to kick start a cellar, or buy some older vintages at 1/2 off Lot18 prices. . .

You're telling me. I've been snatching up every voucher that comes along up until now. Even got in on the early $5 for $70 from BuyWithMe a long time ago. But now faced with the premise of unlimited 50% off vouchers - how many do I buy? I have a decent cellar now, and am fairly broke, so the answer should be zero. But damn if I can't resist a good deal on wine either...

Jeff

jmdavidson

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson
tourette wrote:You're telling me. I've been snatching up every voucher that comes along up until now. Even got in on the early $5 for $70 from BuyWithMe a long time ago. But now faced with the premise of unlimited 50% off vouchers - how many do I buy? I have a decent cellar now, and am fairly broke, so the answer should be zero. But damn if I can't resist a good deal on wine either...

Jeff

You can always save them for later...like when it's $0 shipping.

alexa84

tourette wrote:You're telling me. I've been snatching up every voucher that comes along up until now. Even got in on the early $5 for $70 from BuyWithMe a long time ago. But now faced with the premise of unlimited 50% off vouchers - how many do I buy? I have a decent cellar now, and am fairly broke, so the answer should be zero. But damn if I can't resist a good deal on wine either...

Jeff

or you can send them to me - I'm sure I can find a good use for them! ;)

tmv1976

wnance wrote:Tempting to have a virtually unlimited 50% off Lot18 deal. I redeemed 2 vouchers yesterday into my account, and am thinking about doing another one today, as the deal is still on, to grab the Pepperbridge Merlot, which looks really great, and I've liked the other decent Washington Merlot's I've tried. . .

I rationalized myself into another 7 last night by vowing that I would only buy wine with vouchers for the next several months. I figure with the slight to moderate discount that Lot 18 already gives in addition to the 50% off from the vouchers I will actually be saving money in the long run.

richardhod

Re the wine.com it's interesting what some people think here: http://forums.winespectator.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7986076161/m/2557053522

I still think it's a value place for wines which never get discounted, although I hadn't considered their shipping.

richardhod

From the other thread:

joshsting wrote:Sold out!!! Glad I went in for 12...

Wow. And I thought 3 was a lot, and 7 a load.

12.. are you joking? And what do the rest of you think? Is that too much? Taking the mickey?

Anyway, I knew they'd've sold out before my pals got to them...

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
jhkey wrote:...umm, I went in for 16.. do I have a problem?

Yes....lucky for you, we don't judge.

twowootthree

jhkey wrote:...umm, I went in for 16.. do I have a problem?

i only went for 2. crossing my fingers that the $30 for $75 deals will come back.

richardhod

LSlipetz wrote:Yes....lucky for you, we don't judge.

I'm just curious! It's surprising when people take an opportunity to an extreme, knowing that TPTB will notice. I think I'm just more cautious. they may not like it and find a way to cancel it if people are tooooo unsubtle about it, whereas 2 or 4 might be kind of ok.

Doesn't worry you? They don't care that much? Surely they look at their new customer stats...

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
richardhod wrote:And the last time's spreadsheet I've copied way below so you can see it, because I didn't know where to put it if deleted.

You can always clear it out at the start of a new deal. Google has version control on their documents, so if we need a previous version, I can get it.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"