rjquillin

quality posts: 185 Private Messages rjquillin

CT Chateau la fleur Mongiron 2003 $9 on Last Bottle.

Looks interesting for a daily, any thoughts?

CT

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
rjquillin wrote:CT Chateau la fleur Mongiron 2003 $9 on Last Bottle.

from CT reports, looks like a decently-if-not-brilliantly-made Merlot-based Bx and a steal for a drink-now daily.

A note from the 2000 vintage was interesting:; GRAPHITE WROTE: 86 Points
Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - Dark cherry, earth, charcoal, rawhide, a hint of ripe cheese. I don't know the blend on this, but seems dominantly Merlot. At 10 years it seems still a bit closed, but fruit is fading and tannins still not quite resolved. Finishes short. Not clear this will develop more. Still, a pleasant rustic wine. Good QPR.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
rjquillin wrote:CT Chateau la fleur Mongiron 2003 $9 on Last Bottle.

Their checkout is broken....main page states free shipping on 6 or more, but checkout page says 12 or mor.....ugh!

angryprez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryprez

I went for 6 of the mongirons -- sounds like an interesting wine at a good price point, albeit maybe at the end of its prime drinking period

bsevern

angryprez wrote:I went for 6 of the mongirons -- sounds like an interesting wine at a good price point, albeit maybe at the end of its prime drinking period

Did it give you free shipping w/6?

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:Did it give you free shipping w/6?

Said 12 for me as well when I got 6...
So, no.

CT

bsevern

I emailed them, they quickly fixed it, and I see six bottles of Bordeaux arriving tomorrow in time to try a bottle over the weekend

Luckily I got a couple of co-workers to go in on it, so I figure you can't go too wrong on two bottles....of course if it turns out to be terrific, I might regret doing the split - LOL

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
bsevern wrote:I emailed them, they quickly fixed it, and I see six bottles of Bordeaux arriving tomorrow in time to try a bottle over the weekend

Luckily I got a couple of co-workers to go in on it, so I figure you can't go too wrong on two bottles....of course if it turns out to be terrific, I might regret doing the split - LOL

I emailed them asking them to fix the website. I gave them screen shots and all. They told me it was fixed. I tried it again and gave them more screen shots. They wrote me back and said "Ok sorry then. Can't help. Press control shift R and it might refresh, of not I can't help."

Usually Lastbottle is great. In fact I just received a shipment from them today. Customer service like this will make me not visit them again.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

angryprez

bsevern wrote:Did it give you free shipping w/6?

No, total for 6 was $62.38 (I had a few dollars of credits too)

bsevern

angryprez wrote:No, total for 6 was $62.38 (I had a few dollars of credits too)

Email them and tell them that the offering said free shipping with a purchase of 6 bottles and they'll credit you back the shipping cost.

bsevern

bkarlan wrote:I emailed them asking them to fix the website. I gave them screen shots and all. They told me it was fixed. I tried it again and gave them more screen shots. They wrote me back and said "Ok sorry then. Can't help. Press control shift R and it might refresh, of not I can't help."

Usually Lastbottle is great. In fact I just received a shipment from them today. Customer service like this will make me not visit them again.

That's odd, it was working within minutes after I contacted them.

bkarlan

bsevern wrote:That's odd, it was working within minutes after I contacted them.

Maybe I caught someone after they had 1 to many. It is a shame after the business and the people I have directed to them, No more. I will passon their deals and pay more locally out of principle because of their last email.

On a different note, is Cindy down for anyone?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
bkarlan wrote:Maybe I caught someone after they had 1 to many. It is a shame after the business and the people I have directed to them, No more. I will passon their deals and pay more locally out of principle because of their last email.

On a different note, is Cindy down for anyone?

Cindy is totally f-ed.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bkarlan

UPDATE:
Ok I will admit it is my time to eat some crow. I went back and deleted my cache from the prior 24 hours and everything at last bottle worked fine.

I do take 90% of the blame. Mostly for not fixing this on my end before shooting an email to them telling them it still wasn't fixed.

Last Bottle if you are here on the forums, I am 90% sorry.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

invino has Buena Vista Ramal
06 Pinot Noir
and
07 Dijon Clones Chardonnay
for $25 / bottle. That's aout 40% off the PN and 30% off the Chard.

rpm reckons 07's the year for such Chard recently and just got a case via me.
The 06 PN isn't as good as the 05 or 07 but it's still pretty decent, and if you have no other vintages and would like to try,, it's a good discount to start with! I think two bottles gets you the special cheap shipping.

Anyone needs referral, ping me and I'll sort you out.

Also, there's an interesting "pop up" sale of wines from a place called Moon Mountain in Sonoma county. Cheap, and lots of different kinds pf bottles. For example they have some older Cab Franc, and a 75% Petit Verdot (25% Cab) on offer!
I see it is a closeout indeed. http://www.moonmountainvineyard.com

bkarlan

richardhod wrote:

Also, there's an interesting "pop up" sale of wines from a place called Moon Mountain in Sonoma county. Cheap, and lots of different kinds pf bottles. For example they have some older Cab Franc, and a 75% Petit Verdot (25% Cab) on offer!

It sells out pretty fast, but they replenish their stock or get different vintages pretty regularly. Their shipping does take awhile, wel for me it does. They ship from CA and it took 1.5-2 weeks to get to NM.

angryprez

I ordered a decent variety of the Moon Mountains, figured with the reviews and the ratings at those prices the risk was low. Have tried the 2006 Agua Caliente - not a bad bottle of wine at all, very smooth and emerged better after an hour or so - liked it a lot at $18, would not say the same if I had paid the list of $80 (or even $60 or $40).

Also tried the 2004 Petit Verdot/Cab - a little fruity for my taste, but the wife loved it - have a few other vintages of that still to try (as well as one of the merlots).

All in all a nice set of wines at a very good QPR.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
richardhod wrote:invino has Buena Vista Ramal
06 Pinot Noir
and

I'm curious if there is a big dropoff in quality on the Ramal from 06 to 07. Wineshopper just had the 07 up for $14.99 a few weeks ago. I'm picking up my order of them today, so hopefully I'll get to try one soon. I've got the 06 sitting in my wine locker from a previous Invino offer.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rjquillin

Anyone have an Invino shipping discount code?

CT

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

looking at the burge g3 on lastbottlewines... they cite a 94pt review, but cellartracker has it at like 86... quite the discrepency....

anyone pulled the trigger on the super tuscany on invino today? (wait, or was it lot 18)

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

bkarlan

sukeiasa wrote:
anyone pulled the trigger on the super tuscany on invino today? (wait, or was it lot 18)

WTSO has a Super Tuscany aslo you sure you dont need another

bsevern

After the 2007 Buena Vista Ramal Pinot Noir for $15/bottle on wineshopper, that's not looking like such a great deal any more.

Last time Invino had the Buena Vista Ramal
06 Pinot Noir up I did snag a couple of bottles, but have yet to try it. I tried one of the 2007's and it was terrific!

I sincerely hope that Buena Vista is a stop on the 2012 RPM Tour

richardhod wrote:invino has Buena Vista Ramal
06 Pinot Noir
and

rpm reckons 07's the year for such Chard recently and just got a case via me.
The 06 PN isn't as good as the 05 or 07 but it's still pretty decent, and if you have no other vintages and would like to try,, it's a good discount to start with! I think two bottles gets you the special cheap shipping.

Anyone needs referral, ping me and I'll sort you out.

bsevern

redwinefan wrote:I'm curious if there is a big dropoff in quality on the Ramal from 06 to 07. Wineshopper just had the 07 up for $14.99 a few weeks ago. I'm picking up my order of them today, so hopefully I'll get to try one soon. I've got the 06 sitting in my wine locker from a previous Invino offer.

I picked up the wineshopper deal and cracked open a bottle last week or so, and it was terrific!! It's probably the best deal on Pinot Noir I've had. I was a little bummed that I had to buy seven bottles to get free shipping, but not now

bsevern

bkarlan wrote:UPDATE:
Ok I will admit it is my time to eat some crow. I went back and deleted my cache from the prior 24 hours and everything at last bottle worked fine.

I do take 90% of the blame. Mostly for not fixing this on my end before shooting an email to them telling them it still wasn't fixed.

Last Bottle if you are here on the forums, I am 90% sorry.

Reminds me of customers I work with

bsevern

angryprez wrote:I ordered a decent variety of the Moon Mountains, figured with the reviews and the ratings at those prices the risk was low. Have tried the 2006 Agua Caliente - not a bad bottle of wine at all, very smooth and emerged better after an hour or so - liked it a lot at $18, would not say the same if I had paid the list of $80 (or even $60 or $40).

Also tried the 2004 Petit Verdot/Cab - a little fruity for my taste, but the wife loved it - have a few other vintages of that still to try (as well as one of the merlots).

All in all a nice set of wines at a very good QPR.

I picked up about 14 or so bottles of Moon Mountain, and thus far have only tried the 2007 Merlot. It was decent, but not great IMHO. I actually had two bottles of that, but the second one has some fuzz growing out of the top, so I need to ping Invino for a credit. Hopefully the rest of the MM wines turn out to be good. I saw some comments that the Syrah was excellent (and for $9.99/bottle, great QPR!).

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

Email kmurphy at winelibrary.com to get a free shipping code good through the end of the year. Put "Forum Thingy" in the subject line of the email and say you're a ship to customer in the email (instead of a local).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Nevermind. Found it

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bsevern

I don't really need more Zin, but Kunde Family Estate 2007 Sonoma Valley for $9.99/bottle is hard to pass up!

bkarlan

bsevern wrote:Reminds me of customers I work with

I got a reply from a worker this morning telling me that they were sorry and next time to order and they will reimburse me afterwards. The person that wrote the email was a different person then the person that sent the nice rude email from their iPhone last night.

I am still working on an apology response as I sip a riesling after dinner. I am man enough to admit when I was wrong and arrogant enough to say it doesn't happen a lot

bkarlan

bsevern wrote:I don't really need more Zin, but Kunde Family Estate 2007 Sonoma Valley for $9.99/bottle is hard to pass up!

Great price, be even better if t were the Reserve

rjquillin

bkarlan wrote:I got a reply from a worker this morning telling me that they were sorry and next time to order and they will reimburse me afterwards. The person that wrote the email was a different person then the person that sent the nice rude email from their iPhone last night.

I am still working on an apology response as I sip a riesling after dinner. I am man enough to admit when I was wrong and arrogant enough to say it doesn't happen a lot

Got an unsolicited email today, they are refunding the shipping due to their mistake. Looks like they realized they had a glitch. Now, of that I just can't complain.

CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1677 Private Messages Cesare

For those that don't frequent the pub:

Cesare wrote:Geez. The "woot of wine". There already is a woot of wine!!!

http://www.businessinsider.com/wow-the-woot-of-wine-just-had-a-million-dollar-day-2012-2

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

wnance

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wnance
bsevern wrote:I picked up the wineshopper deal and cracked open a bottle last week or so, and it was terrific!! It's probably the best deal on Pinot Noir I've had. I was a little bummed that I had to buy seven bottles to get free shipping, but not now

I agree. I bought 8 bottles, Now I wish I had a couple cases, it was that good! I had a fluke and was able to buy 4 bottles of the 05 at a store also for $15. So I can't do $25 for the 06, even though that's cheaper than the wine club price for buena vista. That 07 is the best Pinot I've ever had, especially after being open for a hour or so.

angryprez

I did, and they responded very quickly and refunded the shipping costs. Now I'm just hoping the wine is as good as the customer service is!

bkarlan

rjquillin wrote:Got an unsolicited email today, they are refunding the shipping due to their mistake. Looks like they realized they had a glitch. Now, of that I just can't complain.

They must have loved hearing from me

bkarlan

Clos LaChance Winery at Rue La La at 11am EST on Wed 29 Feb
prices will appear on at the same time. Shipping is $10, unless if you have ordered with them n the last 30 days than it is free.

sirquaffalot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirquaffalot

Willamette Valley Vineyards is on Winestyr.com this weekend. Sale ends at midnight tomorrow night, but it looks like they sell a discounted gift card to the winery valid towards any of the products at Willamette.

bsevern

wnance wrote:I agree. I bought 8 bottles, Now I wish I had a couple cases, it was that good! I had a fluke and was able to buy 4 bottles of the 05 at a store also for $15. So I can't do $25 for the 06, even though that's cheaper than the wine club price for buena vista. That 07 is the best Pinot I've ever had, especially after being open for a hour or so.

I was blown away, I mean for fifteen bucks it was superb...heck even for MSRP it would be great, but it taste even better for 1/3 of MSRP

Maybe we'll luck out and it'll come up again elsewhere for the same price

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
Cesare wrote:For those that don't frequent the pub:

That is impressive!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

TBTC2012 is expired on cindy/wine library. Anyone have a fresh code? I found a nice $11 white and $12 red from the prior deal where they were free shipping with the code and if I recall, $10 each at the time with the code.
Turn back the clock 2012.