redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
beefytaco wrote:I went in on this with no hesitation. $5 shipped, warm weather quaffers is a no-brainer. I love a good sancerre. Hell, I find a crappy sancerre better than most domestic whites. The wife loves Provence roses. While it's possible that the rose might be waning, I have faith that the sancerre will have plenty of life in it.

Worth the risk, and if they're not great, they will be drank by a few non-discriminating Easter guests, cooked with, or turned into sangria.

Woo!



Definitely tempted at this price point. I'm with you on the Sancerre. A little concerned about the age, but it's probably worth the risk.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
joelsisk wrote:click the envelope at the top of the page.. should have a number on it. On the banner to the right of world of wine woot, everything but..



Invite sent -- thanks

I think it give you $5.00 off

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

PS - If anyone needs a Lastbottle invite (and $5 off), PM me

outdoorslife


quality posts: 8 Private Messages outdoorslife

For the Chateau Paradis Coteaux

KenHoeve has two reviews one in 2010 and one 2011 with interesting and insightful comments.

Looks like a good wine to have!

And the Sancerre CT

joelsisk


quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
bdlsmoran wrote:Invite sent -- thanks

I think it give you $5.00 off



Still waiting for the email, but yeah. thanks!

lastbottlewines About wrote: We aren't spies, don't sell 18 different Lots, and will never have a woot-off.



awesome.

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
bsevern wrote:PS - If anyone needs a Lastbottle invite (and $5 off), PM me



Or me the OP

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bdlsmoran wrote:Or me the OP



No need to hog the credits. We share around here, which is why I am waiting for Joe's.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
North316 wrote:No need to hog the credits. We share around here, which is why I am waiting for Joe's.



No worries, I'm all about the greater good

joelsisk


quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

anyone know for lastbottle, do the referral credits show up instantly? a day? longer?

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
joelsisk wrote:anyone know for lastbottle, do the referral credits show up instantly? a day? longer?



Looks like instantly

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
joelsisk wrote:anyone know for lastbottle, do the referral credits show up instantly? a day? longer?



According to the site, you get the $20 referral credit once the person you invited makes their first purchase. Which I did, so you should get it shortly I would think.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

joelsisk


quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

and then lot18 joins in the fray...

2004 Mumm Napa DVX Brut Rosé Sparkling Wine Duo
112.98

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Looks like the last bottle deal is sold out....now they have Miura Winery 2007
Pinot Noir Williams Vineyard up.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bsevern wrote:Looks like the last bottle deal is sold out....now they have Miura Winery 2007
Pinot Noir Williams Vineyard up.



Good thing I got in on time. Now I just have to find a spot to store another case of wine...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
outdoorslife wrote:For the Chateau Paradis Coteaux

KenHoeve has two reviews one in 2010 and one 2011 with interesting and insightful comments.

Looks like a good wine to have!

And the Sancerre CT



That's not the right link for the Chateau Paradis. That is a red blend, clearly not a rose.

This seems to be the most accurate link:

Rose

but no one has their bottles linked to that one

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
North316 wrote:That's not the right link for the Chateau Paradis. That is a red blend, clearly not a rose.

This seems to be the most accurate link:

Rose

but no one has their bottles linked to that one



Actually the first CT link appears to be correct, it's a blend of reds mixed with Sauvignon Blanc. I hope this stuff turns out to be a home run!

Edit: Blend nfo:

a custom cuvee from the brilliant enologist Philippe Cambie. It’s an unusual blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache and Sauvignon Blanc.

It's more red than white

sukeiasa


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

just saw that dvx rose....
loved the dvx deal when it was here....

had to pull the trigger...


anyone knows anything about the
Domaine du Clos des Fees 2002 on last bottle?
good wine maker, but neither the site/picture or a cursory google search gave me much more info....

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

klezman


quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

Anybody wants a link to lastbottle or invino, please let me know. I haven't gotten a share of the wealth in a long time.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

angryprez


quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryprez

Anybody else see this story -- Invino acquired CellarThief - some interesting tidbits about the flash sites -

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120124/BUSINESS/120129740/1036/business?Title=Good-Company-Wines-acquires-CellarThief-com

bkarlan


quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
North316 wrote:No need to hog the credits. We share around here, which is why I am waiting for Joe's.



My name isn't Joe. Just kidding I know you are waiting for someone else. I do owe you a referral (and a few others), so if you are a member of a place I am not I will give you one.

Share the referrals. We are all friends here

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
angryprez wrote:Anybody else see this story -- Invino acquired CellarThief - some interesting tidbits about the flash sites -

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120124/BUSINESS/120129740/1036/business?Title=Good-Company-Wines-acquires-CellarThief-com



Cool, hopefully CellarThief will start shipping to Texas now.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

sukeiasa


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

don't ask me why i'm up so late, but
lastbottles' got 06 la fleur for $27...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

sukeiasa


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

too bad it's not ch lafleur for $27 :P

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

gcdyersb


quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb
angryprez wrote:Anybody else see this story -- Invino acquired CellarThief - some interesting tidbits about the flash sites -

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20120124/BUSINESS/120129740/1036/business?Title=Good-Company-Wines-acquires-CellarThief-com



Interesting. I checked cellarthief sometimes but rarely found it interesting.

BTW, if anyone was looking at the Stolzle glasses on Invino, I tried them and they didn't suck! They are fairly rugged and probably intended for restaurant use. Not as elegant as Riedel stems, but they do a great job of delivering the aromatics and look nice. They are a balanced mid-range glass. I wish they were a bit lighter, but durability would be the trade off I'm sure.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
gcdyersb wrote:Interesting. I checked cellarthief sometimes but rarely found it interesting.

BTW, if anyone was looking at the Stolzle glasses on Invino, I tried them and they didn't suck! They are fairly rugged and probably intended for restaurant use. Not as elegant as Riedel stems, but they do a great job of delivering the aromatics and look nice. They are a balanced mid-range glass. I wish they were a bit lighter, but durability would be the trade off I'm sure.



This just reminds me that I can't wait to bust into all of the glasses we got from our wedding (waiting until we move to enjoy all of our new stuff). We have a mix of brands, but have some nice Lenox crystal wine and red glasses and some Reidel stemless glasses (my choice). We even have a really nice pair of Tiffany glasses.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
gcdyersb wrote:Interesting. I checked cellarthief sometimes but rarely found it interesting.

BTW, if anyone was looking at the Stolzle glasses on Invino, I tried them and they didn't suck! They are fairly rugged and probably intended for restaurant use. Not as elegant as Riedel stems, but they do a great job of delivering the aromatics and look nice. They are a balanced mid-range glass. I wish they were a bit lighter, but durability would be the trade off I'm sure.



Thanks, I was wondering about those glasses. I've been very happy with the Schott Zwiesel sets I've picked up off Lot18.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
redwinefan wrote:Thanks, I was wondering about those glasses. I've been very happy with the Schott Zwiesel sets I've picked up off Lot18.



As have I. 24 glasses of great quality for $2 each essentially. Not ground rims but that's the only drawback in my book.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Moon Mountain 2007 CABERNET SAUVIGNON ESTATE RESERVE for $22.00, just popped up lastbottlewines.com. For those that missed out on the Invino deal.

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
bdlsmoran wrote:Moon Mountain 2007 CABERNET SAUVIGNON ESTATE RESERVE for $22.00, just popped up lastbottlewines.com. For those that missed out on the Invino deal.



Interestingly the only Moon Mountain Cab Reserve offered on Invino were magnums of the same vintage.

BTW - Our Last Bottle mixed French cases from yesterday have landed!

bkarlan


quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
bdlsmoran wrote:Moon Mountain 2007 CABERNET SAUVIGNON ESTATE RESERVE for $22.00, just popped up lastbottlewines.com. For those that missed out on the Invino deal.



Buwhahaha. I was about to mention that and how the magnum is on Invino. Odd that no regular bottles were on Invino but Last Bottle has them..

Shipping on Last bottle is $10.xx and Invino is $18.xx (unless you spend over $50 on Invino)

Go to Invino and get the Mag with a coupon code, it works out better.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bsevern wrote:
BTW - Our Last Bottle mixed French cases from yesterday have landed!



Wow, that was fast!

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rjquillin


quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

Looks like WTSO is going to have a pseudo woot-off. Every 15 minutes, never done one of these before.

Here is how it will work:

Wines will be listed every 15 minutes or so all day starting at 6:00 AM ET.
This is the last of our stock on many of these wines and very limited quantities.
These will be the lowest prices we've offered.
Every item will be priced between $7.99 and $18.99.
Orders of four bottles or more will include free shipping.
Orders will ship by February 20th.
All orders must be placed online – no phone orders will be accepted.
There will be only one email when the event begins. Following WTSOwines on Twitter will be the only way to get notifications of every offering through the day. You could also refresh the site every 15 minutes or so, or you could follow along with our iOS or Android apps.

CT

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

How many people's invino moon mountain orders have shipped and are actually on the way? I have my tracking numbers but the boxes are not moving yet.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bkarlan


quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
cmaldoon wrote:How many people's invino moon mountain orders have shipped and are actually on the way? I have my tracking numbers but the boxes are not moving yet.



Supposed to get an order tomorrow, but according to tracking info, it hasnt left yet.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bkarlan wrote:Supposed to get an order tomorrow, but according to tracking info, it hasnt left yet.



Is tracking info somewhere on their site or do they email it? I don't see anything at all about shipping for my order.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin


quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
North316 wrote:Is tracking info somewhere on their site or do they email it? I don't see anything at all about shipping for my order.

Same issue. Called 'em to find out. CS claimed their contract requires the carrier notify the recipient when a tracking number is available.

yes - always! It's their contractual obligation to us and our customers.
Hopefully soon we will be implementing an integration with our carriers for our customers to be able to track their own shipments via their ordering history.

It just happens to be a rather lengthy and detailed process, so it's taking longer than we would like and have expected, to launch it.



CT

sukeiasa


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

any idea what may be on the schedule?

rjquillin wrote:Looks like WTSO is going to have a pseudo woot-off. Every 15 minutes, never done one of these before.

Here is how it will work:

Wines will be listed every 15 minutes or so all day starting at 6:00 AM ET.
This is the last of our stock on many of these wines and very limited quantities.
These will be the lowest prices we've offered.
Every item will be priced between $7.99 and $18.99.
Orders of four bottles or more will include free shipping.
Orders will ship by February 20th.
All orders must be placed online – no phone orders will be accepted.
There will be only one email when the event begins. Following WTSOwines on Twitter will be the only way to get notifications of every offering through the day. You could also refresh the site every 15 minutes or so, or you could follow along with our iOS or Android apps.



wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
cmaldoon wrote:How many people's invino moon mountain orders have shipped and are actually on the way? I have my tracking numbers but the boxes are not moving yet.



From my experience with Invino, I think their ordering system generates the shipping info, but the packages aren't actually shipped out until a few days after the shipping info was entered.

I see the opposite on wine.woot, I get the package, then a few days later the tracking #

rjquillin


quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
sukeiasa wrote:any idea what may be on the schedule?


Absolutely no clue.
Oh, almost forgot the date.

Crazy deals all day on Feb. 15th.


CT

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

William Harrison Rutherford Red 2006 is back up on Invino. This time it is part of a $50 package with free shipping ( last time it was $10 cheaper and had free shipping on 2 bottles but you didn't get the bubbly or dessert wine. I look at this as a wash)

The red is a FANTASTIC wine for those who like complex wines in the medium-red flavor spectrum. This is not an over ripe or over oaked wine. It is well concentrated and takes the taster on a tour of flavors as it passes across your tongue. The finish is long and there are some medium tannins telling me this wine will likely be even better in 5 years than it is now.

Highly recommended. (though I am hoping it doesn't completely sell out because I want a few more bottles but have negative room at the moment)

Just my 2¢

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar