WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It seems a contingent of wooters annually go to the Petite Syrah tasting “Dark and Delicious” every year in February. So on the Sunday following the event, we along with our neighbor across Fulton Lane, David Fulton Winery, would like to invite the wooters in for fun and wine tasting. This year we have gone all out.

The event will start at 11:00 AM and go to 5:00 PM on Sunday the 20th of February.

Address: 830 Fulton Lane, St. Helena, CA 94574

RSVP by February 11 via phone to: 707-968-9575

Cost is $20 per person, unless you were one of the fortunate ones to have received one of the 30 “Golden Tickets” in the December case Woot offering. The $20 entry fee can be applied to a six bottle purchase of wine during the event.

My longtime friend and Master Chef Dean Weitz will be cooking up a storm throughout the event.

California State Fair Chief Judge Pooch Pucilowski will be conducting wine judging tests. This wine judging test is a mini version of the test I took to become a judge for the California State Fair Wine Competition back in 1980. I have been a judge ever since. The judging will be conducted every one and a half hours staring at 11:30 AM. So test will start at 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM and 4:00 PM. There is room for 12 people per time slot. If you want to participate, you need to call us here at the winery, 707 968-9575 and book a slot. First come, first served. From all those who pass the test, one will be drawn from the hat to judge as a guest judge on my judging panel at the California State Fair Wine Competition to be held this year on Wednesday June the 1st. Check out some previous years' California State Fair Wine Competition results to get yourself in the mood.

In addition, Pooch is running another competition called the Consumer Wine Awards. He will make the Consumer Wine Awards survey available for those people interested in judging at the Consumer Wine Awards Competition. This survey is also available online at ConsumerWineAwards.com.

We will also be hosting a “Guess the Vintage” tasting and a “Guess the Variety” tasting with prizes and discounts for the winners.

The wine cellar will be set up for a “Bring your own Cigar” tasting where the Angel Ice and Forte will be available for you to pair with your favorite cigar.

Remember to RSVP at 707 968-9575 by February 11th. This invitation is only open to Wooters at this time and will be open to everyone after the 11th. Look forward to seeing you there!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

There's a thread already dedicated to this event, so head on over and check it out.

Have all of the above info there, as well as more on who's going, etc.

See you guys there!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

conroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages conroo

I sucks to live in Ohio, and a work at a job that doesn't allow me time to go to something like this. I hope you all have fun without me!

W:too many to count
WW:too many to count
SW:too many to count
SOW:too many to count

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
conroo wrote:I sucks to live in Ohio, and a work at a job that doesn't allow me time to go to something like this. I hope you all have fun without me!

Conroo,
We'll miss you.

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Conroo,
We'll miss you.

Too late to RSVP? Work has been killing me in '11.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

winedrew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew
PetiteSirah wrote:Too late to RSVP? Work has been killing me in '11.

We will be drinking some very special stuff in the basement!

Winedrew

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
winedrew wrote:We will be drinking some very special stuff in the basement!

Winedrew

I remember the special stuff in the basement when we were there last year for the rpm tour. That was a wonderful experience and a very lovely '74 (?) Barbera we got to taste. Plus JOATMON sharing a good Madeira with us down there.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
PetiteSirah wrote:Too late to RSVP? Work has been killing me in '11.

I know the 1pm judging slot is full, but if you hurry (ie. call tomorrow) you might be able to get into one of the other spots. And if you don't make it into one of the judging thingies, you can just stand around drinking wine and poking fun at the rest of us while we try to judge.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

Seems like almost everyone coming is taking the judging test. Just wanted to let people know the party is open to those people who don't want to take the test and participate in all the other activities, wine and food.
Look forward to seeing you all there.
Scott