MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Cesare wrote:Thermohawk is up on woot

I got an extra if anyone missed out. Get extra batteries for it if you got it. Seems to eat them quickly.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

javadrinker wrote:I was thankfully talked down out of buying the Little wines. Including the stuff I bought this weekend, had delivered to my parent's home from wine bid last Friday, and jumping on Ty's wine and the TO mixed batch I have added 3.25 cases of wine to my cellar in just a few days. I didn't need 2 more bottles especially when I still have 1 sitting around AND I could potentially be unemployed next week.

Awesome news about the cruise. When are you guys going?

I can share some of the 4 bottles I already have. Which is why I could skip the Little offer. I been good boy, only getting the Ty.

And I'm sure Clayfu and I can find some nice Thunderbird for you ....

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

javadrinker wrote:Yeah, the sale is scheduled to be completed on Friday and on Monday we should be flying a new flag. This is not your warm fuzzy kind of mergers though...this is a full blown acquisition and we've all had to re-interview for our jobs, well any jobs really since some are already taken by their current employees. So basically come Monday, everyone in our old company will either get an offer letter or a severance package. I've planned accordingly to give myself some breathing room should it be the latter...except for the whole buying a crapload of wine thing.

Edit: Oh, and if I am employed come next week this whole home office thing will be a thing of the past. It's time to join the ranks of the commuting public once again. Oi.

And here I was going to see if you needed anything from Scott Harvey club that ships next month. Guess I shouldn't tempt you then .....

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
CpprCr8 wrote:Watching hockey tonight. OK -- I freely admit I don't know a lot about hockey. Like next to nothing. But Canada has scored 4 goals in the first period! Helloooo.... Did the Russians forget how to defend their own goal in the last 72 hrs? The game on Sunday was awesome! Is this even the same team?

Hockey this Olympics has been awesome. Girlfriend is nervous that there might be a Slovakia v. USA final game. I can just see us sitting on opposite ends of the couch staring daggers at each other holding tiny flags for our respective countries.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

tommythecat78

tommythecat78 wrote:Hockey this Olympics has been awesome. Girlfriend is nervous that there might be a Slovakia v. USA final game. I can just see us sitting on opposite ends of the couch staring daggers at each other holding tiny flags for our respective countries.

Speaking of the girlfriend...got my V-Day gift today....the Radog Pinot offering. Best. Girlfriend. Ever.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Finally caught up on the rat reports - I was 2 weeks behind!

I don't know how many weeks behind I am on the J-Dub spreadsheet forum.

tommythecat78

ERMD wrote:Hello all

Howdy

tommythecat78

javadrinker wrote:Yeah, the sale is scheduled to be completed on Friday and on Monday we should be flying a new flag. This is not your warm fuzzy kind of mergers though...this is a full blown acquisition and we've all had to re-interview for our jobs, well any jobs really since some are already taken by their current employees. So basically come Monday, everyone in our old company will either get an offer letter or a severance package. I've planned accordingly to give myself some breathing room should it be the latter...except for the whole buying a crapload of wine thing.

Edit: Oh, and if I am employed come next week this whole home office thing will be a thing of the past. It's time to join the ranks of the commuting public once again. Oi.

Damn dude...fakon on both counts. Sorry to hear.

tommythecat78

javadrinker wrote:Frickin' fantastic. Alaska is (and has been) on my list of "must see"s.

As for all the well wishes, thanks everyone but I will be fine. I have enough wine to last me over a year if (heaven forbid) I was suddenly forced to stop buying.

Plus there's always Plan Z...move back in with my parents.

Oh...well...nevermind then.

MarkDaSpark

Picture link for D&D is in the thread .....

MarkDaSpark

Screaming Mini Black Cape Woot Monkey keychain is up ..... It's been on a previous woot last year IIRC

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8

Cuisinart 6 bottle wine fridge up on juvie.

Amateurs!

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
Krugsters wrote:I prefer Schweaty Balls.

This was my husband's idea of funny.

When did he do this?

Hi everyone!

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
javadrinker wrote:For all of you recent parents, Little Miss Matched has a clearance sale on some baby stuff. I'm on their mailing list after buying some goofy stuff for my goofy niece.

http://tinyurl.com/yze7gh4

Their stuff is really fantastic. A friend bought my girls a huge assortment of baby items and they've just grown out of them. It washed great and is very sturdy.
They only have 0/3 and 3/6 mos left tho

Thanks Java for the head's up!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
javadrinker wrote:Plus there's always Plan Z...move back in with my parents.

Where does moving into our guest room fall on that list?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

tommythecat78 wrote:Damn dude...lame on both counts. Sorry to hear.

Strangest filter yet.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
CpprCr8 wrote:Cuisinart 6 bottle wine fridge up on juvie.

Amateurs!

There's an 18 bottle Haier cooler on deals.woot for $109 I think it said.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Imagine4vr wrote:There's an 18 bottle Haier cooler on deals.woot for $109 I think it said.

Haier is AWFUL. Nothing but bad experience with the brand, their service gets lemon juice in the eye, their products suck.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:Screaming Mini Black Cape Woot Monkey keychain is up ..... It's been on a previous woot last year IIRC

Couldn't stay up that late. I'll be watching for the regular size and giant ones, though. Anyone need coverage? Lots of folks missed out last time.

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:Haier is AWFUL. Nothing but bad experience with the brand, their service gets lemon juice in the eye, their products suck.

Has anyone ever figured out why sucks gets filtered, but suck doesn't? Or is it just that whimsy is meant to be part of the charm?

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Krugsters wrote:This was my husband's idea of funny.

When did he do this?

Hi everyone!

Classic!
It did seem a little odd to me at the time for a post coming from you when I saw it, but I was in the middle of something and didn't get a chance to reply. I'm surprised no one else had done so yet. They're slackin'!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:Couldn't stay up that late. I'll be watching for the regular size and giant ones, though. Anyone need coverage? Lots of folks missed out last time.

GIANT MONKEY PLEASE!

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:Has anyone ever figured out why sucks gets filtered, but suck doesn't? Or is it just that whimsy is meant to be part of the charm?

Because the woot monkeys aren't smart enough to conjugate their code.

ddeuddeg

cheron98 wrote:GIANT MONKEY PLEASE!

I'll try to get you one, if they're available. I thought you got one from somebody last time.

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:I'll try to get you one, if they're available. I thought you got one from somebody last time.

I can't remember. I thought I might've but I can't find a confirmation PM anywhere like I usually keep.

Oh no, I remember. Someone offered it to me and I got happy about it and then Sparky whined and I told the person to be fair to offer it to J-Dub or Sparky or Imagine first since they had all asked before I did. Dunno what happened to it after that.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:I can't remember. I thought I might've but I can't find a confirmation PM anywhere like I usually keep.

Oh no, I remember. Someone offered it to me and I got happy about it and then Sparky whined and I told the person to be fair to offer it to J-Dub or Sparky or Imagine first since they had all asked before I did. Dunno what happened to it after that.

I think Imagine got it, IIRC.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Couldn't stay up that late. I'll be watching for the regular size and giant ones, though. Anyone need coverage? Lots of folks missed out last time.

Yes. My son is helping me move some stuff this afternoon (2 to 5 pm West Coast time), so I would appreciate watching for any new Woot Monkeys at that time.

javadrinker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages javadrinker
ddeuddeg wrote:Where does moving into our guest room fall on that list?

Plan Y 1/2.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

Imagine4vr

MarkDaSpark wrote:I think Imagine got it, IIRC.

I did get one, but I don't think it was the same person who offered Cat one.

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
javadrinker wrote:Plan Y 1/2.

Ya, that would mean coming to Buffalo. Brrr. Where's Sparky's freezing dude?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
ERMD wrote:Hello all

Hey Doc, great seein your name round these parts!

CT

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
Krugsters wrote:This was my husband's idea of funny.

When did he do this?

Hi everyone!

haha, I thought it was hilarious, if not a little out of place for you.... now it makes sense, and is still hilarious

CT

maddprofessor

quality posts: 5 Private Messages maddprofessor

I just wanted to drop in and say thanks to those who help run the EWN. I appreciate it!

Nostrom0

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Nostrom0
MarkDaSpark wrote:It's well worth it. Too bad I was sick most of the trip. But the family enjoyed it.

The only regret is that we didn't do any of the excursions at the end or in Juneau.

I went on the 14 day to Alaska on Royal and it was awesome. Scenery is amazing. Tallest coastal mountain range in the world.
Definitely worth getting a balcony room. It's also nice just being waited on for 14 days

The Alaskan brewery is in Juneau. Free beer!

Stash at CT

MarkDaSpark

Nostrom0 wrote:I went on the 14 day to Alaska on Royal and it was awesome. Scenery is amazing. Tallest coastal mountain range in the world.
Definitely worth getting a balcony room. It's also nice just being waited on for 14 days

The Alaskan brewery is in Juneau. Free beer!

We were on Holland America, and it was terrific. Great clubs for the kids, and activities for adults as well.

HitAnyKey42

Missed the Ty by a mere 30 seconds or less. I suppose it's really a good thing for the cellar/wallet, but I so hate to miss out on Ty's wines.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon

1st sake experience yesterday. Pleasant. Didn't get the info on what it was (house sake), but it's not like it was life-changing.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
Moondragon wrote:1st sake experience yesterday. Pleasant. Didn't get the info on what it was (house sake), but it's not like it was life-changing.

Yeah. Sakeguy here sold me on the stuff, twice. Love the guy and lord knows he can sell, but it isn't something I need to woot again for sure. Must be one of those acquired tastes. Even the flavored stuff didn't do it for me.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

Imagine4vr

Couldn't resist the Poizin - it was my first wine.woot. If anyone wants to buy one of my 3 bottles that would be awesome.

HitAnyKey42

Imagine4vr wrote:Couldn't resist the Poizin - it was my first wine.woot. If anyone wants to buy one of my 3 bottles that would be awesome.

I sorta really want some so that I would have a 3-year vertical...and cuz this one has such a high percentage of PS in it...but with as much as I've spent this week, I pretty much used up my "wine budget".

PS. That's in quotes up there cuz I really don't have a wine budget, but I should pretend that I do.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings