lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
polarbear22 wrote:There are some wines that passing on would lead to months of regret.

And an Alaskan cruise? This time I hear about your experience and follow you. Been planning to do that since the 20th anniversary, and thirty is just 20 months away.



Just sent you an email under your polarbear email addy.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

CpprCr8


quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8

What's up with that damned Discovery Monkey over on k.w? It's been up for flippin' forever!

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
CpprCr8 wrote:You *did* book the full-on Alaskan Wilderness tour package with the full day in Denali, right??? And don't forget the Dogsledding on *Norris Glacier* when you are in Juneau!



Yes Ma'am. Our land package includes a Dog sledding thing as well, but not sure where.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

ERMD


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

Hello all

CpprCr8


quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
lauratchi wrote:Yes Ma'am. Our land package includes a Dog sledding thing as well, but not sure where.


Don't forget your granola bars! You will need them on the tour!

You are going to have SUCH a good time!!!

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
ERMD wrote:Hello all



Long time no see, doc!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

CpprCr8


quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
ERMD wrote:Hello all



WooHoo! You're back!!! Are you going to start hanging again? Or are you just passing thru?

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
CpprCr8 wrote:Don't forget your granola bars! You will need them on the tour!

You are going to have SUCH a good time!!!



Will have granola bars and maybe splurging for some of those cheese and peanut butter crackers. Tho I think we get a box lunch a couple fo days on our tour.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

CpprCr8


quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
lauratchi wrote:Will have granola bars and maybe splurging for some of those cheese and peanut butter crackers. Tho I think we get a box lunch a couple fo days on our tour.


Yeah. See, they hide in the fine print that it's a "snack box" - not a box lunch. Trust me. BIG difference! I think we got a true "box lunch" on the day we travelled from Denali to Anchorage.

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

javadrinker


quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
lauratchi wrote:Well I was trying to avoid purchasing for this woot.off and darn if Little didn't send me over the edge. Coincidentally, I've been drinking his 2003 Syrah over the last week. Perfect thing for a chilly winter's night.

In other related news, our passport stuff went in today. What a long ordeal this has been. Can't wait for the cruise now. Woot!



I was thankfully talked down out of buying the Little wines. Including the stuff I bought this weekend, had delivered to my parent's home from wine bid last Friday, and jumping on Ty's wine and the TO mixed batch I have added 3.25 cases of wine to my cellar in just a few days. I didn't need 2 more bottles especially when I still have 1 sitting around AND I could potentially be unemployed next week.

Awesome news about the cruise. When are you guys going?

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

  • Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
javadrinker wrote:I was thankfully talked down out of buying the Little wines. Including the stuff I bought this weekend, had delivered to my parent's home from wine bid last Friday, and jumping on Ty's wine and the TO mixed batch I have added 3.25 cases of wine to my cellar in just a few days. I didn't need 2 more bottles especially when I still have 1 sitting around AND I could potentially be unemployed next week.

Awesome news about the cruise. When are you guys going?



Beginning of July. Oh what a shame I am missing working the 4th of July holiday. shame. pity.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
CpprCr8 wrote:Can't. Too many GB's of data. Srsly! I have 4 photoalbums full.


Create an album on Picasa of the best. Or a couple. But live will be a lot of fun as well, and my wife can look at them and get excited to take the trip.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
lauratchi wrote:Just sent you an email under your polarbear email addy.


Got it. Read on the iPhone. Sounds fantastic, and the right way to go. I will reply when I have a keyboard with my e-mail.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ERMD wrote:Hello all



Welcome. I hope things are better for you. Nice having you stop in.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

CpprCr8


quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
polarbear22 wrote:Digital? Share now.


Give me another hour and I'll have a few up on flikr.

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
javadrinker wrote: AND I could potentially be unemployed next week.


Kind of buried that in there. Thought you would just slip it in?

Good luck. I know that the company has been having issues. Thought you had a sale going through. What's the deal?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
CpprCr8 wrote:Give me another hour and I'll have a few up on flikr.



Sweet!!

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ERMD


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
CpprCr8 wrote:WooHoo! You're back!!! Are you going to start hanging again? Or are you just passing thru?

Finally paid off taxes so I can buy a little more wine now; hated being tempted you know


bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
polarbear22 wrote:Well even with all the server errors, they processed the orders. And I just got multiple confirmations. I immediately sent a message to cancel the excess orders.

There is no service on shirt.woot, so i used the woot site. Anyone ever try to get service from shirt.woot?


I can't get them to reply re: my woot b-day code in this, my b-day month!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

javadrinker


quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
polarbear22 wrote:Kind of buried that in there. Thought you would just slip it in?

Good luck. I know that the company has been having issues. Thought you had a sale going through. What's the deal?



Yeah, the sale is scheduled to be completed on Friday and on Monday we should be flying a new flag. This is not your warm fuzzy kind of mergers though...this is a full blown acquisition and we've all had to re-interview for our jobs, well any jobs really since some are already taken by their current employees. So basically come Monday, everyone in our old company will either get an offer letter or a severance package. I've planned accordingly to give myself some breathing room should it be the latter...except for the whole buying a crapload of wine thing.

Edit: Oh, and if I am employed come next week this whole home office thing will be a thing of the past. It's time to join the ranks of the commuting public once again. Oi.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

  • Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
bahwm wrote:I can't get them to reply re: my woot b-day code in this, my b-day month!



Did you try and use the code to see if worked?

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
javadrinker wrote:Edit: Oh, and if I am employed come next week this whole home office thing will be a thing of the past. It's time to join the ranks of the commuting public once again. Oi.



Guess you'd better buy some pants then!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:Day 3 of TC Cab. Still delicious, maybe even better. Love this stuff!

I'd forgotten how much I enjoy Ty's stuff. I think sometimes you have to step away from something for a while to return to it later to re-appreciate it all over again.



I had one of my Field Blends last month, but last time I had one of his Cabs was in Sept. And it was the Napa. I haven't had any of his Caton Vineyard cabs yet.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:And I will finally get to meet you? July just got even better, and I did not think that was possible.

I'd agree, except that I'd already seen her name on the list of attendees. Definitely looking forward to it.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
javadrinker wrote:Yeah, the sale is scheduled to be completed on Friday and on Monday we should be flying a new flag. This is not your warm fuzzy kind of mergers though...this is a full blown acquisition and we've all had to re-interview for our jobs, well any jobs really since some are already taken by their current employees. So basically come Monday, everyone in our old company will either get an offer letter or a severance package. I've planned accordingly to give myself some breathing room should it be the latter...except for the whole buying a crapload of wine thing.

Edit: Oh, and if I am employed come next week this whole home office thing will be a thing of the past. It's time to join the ranks of the commuting public once again. Oi.


Good wishes, good thoughts and prayers coming your way, brother.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ddeuddeg wrote:I'd agree, Except that I'd already seen her name on the list of attendees. Definitely looking forward to it.



I knew that she was interested, but she was only at the Sip & Sail in spirit, so I was waiting to see. Still a lot of time between now and then, but definitely more than a "I hope to".

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:Good wishes, good thoughts and prayers coming your way, brother.

Amen.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
polarbear22 wrote:I knew that she was interested, but she was only at the Sip & Sail in spirit, so I was waiting to see. Still a lot of time between now and then, but definitely more than a "I hope to".



Sure hope she comes. She's one cool cat

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
javadrinker wrote:Yeah, the sale is scheduled to be completed on Friday and on Monday we should be flying a new flag. This is not your warm fuzzy kind of mergers though...this is a full blown acquisition and we've all had to re-interview for our jobs, well any jobs really since some are already taken by their current employees. So basically come Monday, everyone in our old company will either get an offer letter or a severance package. I've planned accordingly to give myself some breathing room should it be the latter...except for the whole buying a crapload of wine thing.

Edit: Oh, and if I am employed come next week this whole home office thing will be a thing of the past. It's time to join the ranks of the commuting public once again. Oi.


Good luck to you Javi! Our thoughts are with you.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 27 Private Messages bahwm
Imagine4vr wrote:Did you try and use the code to see if worked?

I tried last night. Does the code NOT work on a woot-off?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

CpprCr8


quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
polarbear22 wrote:Sweet!!



The Denali Portion of CJ's Great Alaskan Adventure! (I may have to wait until March before I can upload many more. I'm coming close to my flikr monthly limit.)

THIS is why EVERYONE needs to go to Alaska!

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
polarbear22 wrote:Good wishes, good thoughts and prayers coming your way, brother.



Here too Java.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
CpprCr8 wrote:The Denali Portion of CJ's Great Alaskan Adventure! (I may have to wait until March before I can upload many more. I'm coming close to my flikr monthly limit.)

THIS is why EVERYONE needs to go to Alaska!



Wow. Just wow.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

CpprCr8


quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
cheron98 wrote:Sure hope she comes. She's one cool cat


Thanks! I think that is the first time I've ever been called cool.

PM for you, when you have a chance.

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

CpprCr8


quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
lauratchi wrote:Wow. Just wow.



Now you know why...

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Dang...was going to try to be last sucker on the Little Vineyards, but timed it wrong and it was sold out. Glad to see last sucker was ERMD. Glad to hear that your overly fair share of taxes is now paid off.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

javadrinker


quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
CpprCr8 wrote:The Denali Portion of CJ's Great Alaskan Adventure! (I may have to wait until March before I can upload many more. I'm coming close to my flikr monthly limit.)

THIS is why EVERYONE needs to go to Alaska!



Frickin' fantastic. Alaska is (and has been) on my list of "must see"s.

As for all the well wishes, thanks everyone but I will be fine. I have enough wine to last me over a year if (heaven forbid) I was suddenly forced to stop buying.

Plus there's always Plan Z...move back in with my parents.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

  • Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Ok, was just chatting on facebook someone up in MA I know that just made me VERY jealous. He was telling me of two wines he just acquired two bottles of each:
2000 Château Margaux
2000 Château Lafite Rothschild

He got them for a mere $600 each, which is a great deal in comparison.
He's also got 6 bottles of '06 Rothschild, and a bottle of '96.

But he said next time I'm up in Boston to let him know, and we'll open a bottle of something! WhooHoo!! I know someone with "THE GOOD STUFF"!!!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Cesare


quality posts: 1587 Private Messages Cesare

Thermohawk is up on woot

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
polarbear22 wrote:There are some wines that passing on would lead to months of regret.

And an Alaskan cruise? This time I hear about your experience and follow you. Been planning to do that since the 20th anniversary, and thirty is just 20 months away.



It's well worth it. Too bad I was sick most of the trip. But the family enjoyed it.

The only regret is that we didn't do any of the excursions at the end or in Juneau.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.