tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
bkarney wrote:I know it's been mentioned before but has anyone actually used wine barrel chips for a smoker? I am thinking about buying some to try, but I know as soon as I do, WD will show up with some! Of course, with this new format, could be a perfect Friday offering...just saying

The perfect Friday offering is a woot credit card with frequent flier miles to go to all the gatherings

CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1611 Private Messages Cesare
bkarney wrote:I know it's been mentioned before but has anyone actually used wine barrel chips for a smoker? I am thinking about buying some to try, but I know as soon as I do, WD will show up with some! Of course, with this new format, could be a perfect Friday offering...just saying

Yes. I bought a bag last time in Sonoma, at Dry Creek Vineyard I think. Captain Dave's smokin staves. It was like $5.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Scott DOES have those balls he sells...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Don't know about use in a smoker but Bill from Scott Harvey used broken oak barrels for our outdoor fire at the No Cal gathering and it smelled awesome. Later on we ran out and we switched to broken pallets and that was a mistake. That's when we got over-smoked and watery eyed. But we kept on drinking and adding broken pallets to the fire just the same.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

javadrinker

cheron98 wrote:Scott DOES have those balls he sells...

And half our jokes that night were about Scott's balls. And then Bill's balls. Then back to Scott's balls. We weren't shooting for originality that evening.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
javadrinker wrote:And half our jokes that night were about Scott's balls. And then Bill's balls. Then back to Scott's balls. We weren't shooting for originality that evening.

Oooh, who took that pic? It's missing from the album. Is Sparky holding out on us?

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
bhodilee wrote:Excellent!

In random news: This is rather shocking I can't help but think there's a fair number of good people here getting fired for no reason.

Actually, there's a reason. It's all part of George Dubya's No Child Left Behind plan. This is what can happen when a bunch of non-educators (in this case, the Federal Government) try to fix a problem with an education system they see as flawed.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bkarney wrote:I know it's been mentioned before but has anyone actually used wine barrel chips for a smoker?

I haven't, but I tend to smoke things like turkeys (mind outta the gutter people, thx) and want something a little less pungent.

I bet it would be mean to grill a steak over though...

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Hmm, wonder if I should finally cave in and get some of the Pistacios this time around. I keep considering it as I do enjoy Pistacios. Are these really any much different than those that can be bought at Costco? As my mom buys and shares some of those occasionally.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

javadrinker

For all of you recent parents, Little Miss Matched has a clearance sale on some baby stuff. I'm on their mailing list after buying some goofy stuff for my goofy niece.

http://tinyurl.com/yze7gh4

mother

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Hmm, wonder if I should finally cave in and get some of the Pistacios this time around. I keep considering it as I do enjoy Pistacios. Are these really any much different than those that can be bought at Costco? As my mom buys and shares some of those occasionally.

They're good pistachios, but unless you want 4lbs at once, I'd just buy them locally. You won't pay much more locally. You might pay less.

javadrinker

Holy gristle!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-02-24-seaworld-whale-death_N.htm

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
javadrinker wrote:Holy gristle!!!

That is so sad. How much do you want to bet that someone was videotaping the show and will now sell the tape to TMZ? Or PETA? *sigh*

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

Nostrom0

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Nostrom0
javadrinker wrote:And half our jokes that night were about Scott's balls. And then Bill's balls. Then back to Scott's balls. We weren't shooting for originality that evening.

Actually, we were all talking about how delicious his NUTS were. Thankfully, only you tasted his balls

Stash at CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
polarbear22 wrote:And procrastination pays off!! Got my "Procrastinate" T-shirt for $3 less. And one for my daughter.

EDIT: First order did not go through. Tried again and got a server error. So I switched to the other computer and it is still processing.

Wonder if I will end up with three orders?

Well even with all the server errors, they processed the orders. And I just got multiple confirmations. I immediately sent a message to cancel the excess orders.

There is no service on shirt.woot, so i used the woot site. Anyone ever try to get service from shirt.woot?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

javadrinker

Hahaha...WD got a Kewpie on the main woot site.

"(2:44 PM, today) Winedavid39 got lost."

Winedavid39 wrote:hmmm.. pistachios on wine.woot ! (shameless plug)

cheron98

javadrinker wrote:Hahaha...WD got a Kewpie on the main woot site.

"(2:44 PM, today) Winedavid39 got lost."

LOL nice

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I am hip deep in some serious crazy

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:I am hip deep in some serious crazy

As normally being waist deep?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
Nostrom0 wrote:Actually, we were all talking about how delicious his NUTS were. Thankfully, only you tasted his balls

I prefer Schweaty Balls.

polarbear22

Woot service already cancelled my excess orders. Pretty fast turnaround for the midst of a woot-off.

Score another one for woot service!

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

x-post

Toffeeking wrote:Last wooter to woot: Toffeeking

Just could not resist the Cali Chard, the Queen loves her Chardonnays...me too!

ruh roh. This could hurt.... hopefully it's that new rock he's been slangin

CT

mother

Would have to order some of that new popcorn if thats what TK is selling...

mother

javadrinker wrote:Holy gristle!!!

Only the third time that one whale has killed a person...

cheron98

bkarney wrote:x-post

ruh roh. This could hurt.... hopefully it's that new rock he's been slangin

i dunno, he hangs out here a lot without there being a brandini offer in the works.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
bhodilee wrote:I am hip deep in some serious crazy

But I didn't read any stories about a guy going postal in Omaha... not yet anyway.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

lauratchi

Well I was trying to avoid purchasing for this woot.off and darn if Little didn't send me over the edge. Coincidentally, I've been drinking his 2003 Syrah over the last week. Perfect thing for a chilly winter's night.

In other related news, our passport stuff went in today. What a long ordeal this has been. Can't wait for the cruise now. Woot!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

CpprCr8

Watching hockey tonight. OK -- I freely admit I don't know a lot about hockey. Like next to nothing. But Canada has scored 4 goals in the first period! Helloooo.... Did the Russians forget how to defend their own goal in the last 72 hrs? The game on Sunday was awesome! Is this even the same team?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:As normally being waist deep?

No some uber-crazy chick sent some stuff to a couple people at work today. How they found out about em I dunno. Supreme Master Crazy melon.

No, it's supreme master ching hai. Shes' a fryin' nutball

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

CpprCr8

OK, so I have to ask another imponderable...

So why did WD actually *listen* to us and give us an honest to goodness wine.wootoff? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to have to put the credit cards in the freezer. (Except that won't really help. Because I have PayPal. And I have my security numbers memorized.)

lauratchi

CpprCr8 wrote:OK, so I have to ask another imponderable...

So why did WD actually *listen* to us and give us an honest to goodness wine.wootoff? I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to have to put the credit cards in the freezer. (Except that won't really help. Because I have PayPal. And I have my security numbers memorized.)

Indeed. I should not have caved on the darn Little, since we just rebooked the Denali portion of the cruise. However, I did pass on the Ty last night. So that makes up for the Little, right? Right?

C'mon people, I need an enabler!

crabbyman22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages crabbyman22
lauratchi wrote:Indeed. I should not have caved on the darn Little, since we just rebooked the Denali portion of the cruise. However, I did pass on the Ty last night. So that makes up for the Little, right? Right?

Okay.
I passed on the Ty 'cause I was sleeping.I passed on the Little 'cause they won't ship to me.Someone has to buy something.

"Alcohol-the cause of,and solution to,all of life's problems"
Homer(Simpson)

lauratchi

crabbyman22 wrote:Okay.
I passed on the Ty 'cause I was sleeping.I passed on the Little 'cause they won't ship to me.Someone has to buy something.

Whew! Thanks.

polarbear22

lauratchi wrote:Indeed. I should not have caved on the darn Little, since we just rebooked the Denali portion of the cruise. However, I did pass on the Ty last night. So that makes up for the Little, right? Right?

There are some wines that passing on would lead to months of regret.

And an Alaskan cruise? This time I hear about your experience and follow you. Been planning to do that since the 20th anniversary, and thirty is just 20 months away.

My Cellar

cheron98

Finally caught up on the rat reports - I was 2 weeks behind!

CpprCr8

polarbear22 wrote:There are some wines that passing on would lead to months of regret.

And an Alaskan cruise? This time I hear about your experience and follow you. Been planning to do that since the 20th anniversary, and thirty is just 20 months away.

Oh man. Do I have some serious photos to bore you with...umm...share with you in July!

polarbear22

CpprCr8 wrote:Oh man. Do I have some serious photos to bore you with...umm...share with you in July!

Digital? Share now.

And I will finally get to meet you? July just got even better, and I did not think that was possible.

My Cellar

cheron98

Day 3 of TC Cab. Still delicious, maybe even better. Love this stuff!

I'd forgotten how much I enjoy Ty's stuff. I think sometimes you have to step away from something for a while to return to it later to re-appreciate it all over again.

CpprCr8

You *did* book the full-on Alaskan Wilderness tour package with the full day in Denali, right??? And don't forget the Dogsledding on *Norris Glacier* when you are in Juneau!

CpprCr8

polarbear22 wrote:Digital? Share now.

Can't. Too many GB's of data. Srsly! I have 4 photoalbums full.

polarbear22 wrote:And I will finally get to meet you? July just got even better, and I did not think that was possible.

I'm still planning to come to Clambake. My boys haven't tried to send me overseas at the *end* of July. (Don't get me started about the beginning of July...)