edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
MarkDaSpark wrote:So .... anyone else thinking they might pull a Woot-off tonight? Had a random error earlier tonight, that got me thinking it might be time .....

Good work!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:So .... anyone else thinking they might pull a Woot-off tonight? Had a random error earlier tonight, that got me thinking it might be time .....

You really did call it!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
bahwm wrote:Aw, geeze, that's just what we need!

was thinking the same thing. I really need to sleep too. By the way, thanks again for inviting me into your home and for the amazing food and wine and cheesecake.

Cesare

quality posts: 1595 Private Messages Cesare

I wonder if I should buy extra for the local people in case it sells out by morning. The bar is moving slowly...

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie
Cesare wrote:I wonder if I should buy extra for the local people in case it sells out by morning. The bar is moving slowly...

I'd be really surprised if it sells out before morning, although I'm totally guessing.

By the way, nice prescience, Sparky!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Cesare wrote:I wonder if I should buy extra for the local people in case it sells out by morning. The bar is moving slowly...

When it started, Wootalyzer had it around 2 hours. It's now around 2:50 in time, so it might last til morning.

Thanks all. It just seemed time, and then the error popped up, which seemed to be another indication.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Cesare

quality posts: 1595 Private Messages Cesare
MarkDaSpark wrote:When it started, Wootalyzer had it around 2 hours. It's now around 2:50 in time, so it might last til morning.

Thanks all. It just seemed time, and then the error popped up, which seemed to be another indication.

Oh c.rap it just changed to the tea! Dammit. Oh well maybe it will come back later. Only 127 sold.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

Cesare wrote:Oh c.rap it just changed to the tea! Dammit. Oh well maybe it will come back later. Only 127 sold.

Well, I sent out the EWN Woot-Off notice an hour or so ago. Can't help it if it sells out quick.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, I sent out the EWN Woot-Off notice an hour or so ago. Can't help it if it sells out quick.

It didn't sell out in the traditional sense. The Woot-off sales indicator hadn't even reached 50% sold before it switched.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, I sent out the EWN Woot-Off notice an hour or so ago. Can't help it if it sells out quick.

Couldn't have sold out. Didn't bounce or anything. Coding error, most likely. I bet it will be back after the tea. Certainly hope so. I am thinking about buying another threesome on my second account...

EDIT: Or, what JOATMON said.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Did you buy any extra? Came on and sold out while I was fast asleep.

EDIT: OK, I hope it was the new W-TH offer, not part of the woot-off and I will watch for it to come back. Though, it will likely be like most of the offers so far this year. No shipping to CT.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

Saw wine bottles come back up and almost hit buy before I realized that there were three of them, and not Ty Caton.

Bring back the Ty, so the East Coast has a shot.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

bahwm

Cesare wrote:Oh c.rap it just changed to the tea! Dammit. Oh well maybe it will come back later. Only 127 sold.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

CAGrl wrote:was thinking the same thing. I really need to sleep too. By the way, thanks again for inviting me into your home and for the amazing food and wine and cheesecake.

You are entirely welcome! It was our pleasure! And thanks for the bottle that you and Sparky shared!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

What the deuce? Is this really a straight up wine.wootoff?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

Okay really, I was told if I started showering regularly and using deodorant and brushed my teeth people would want to be around me. Yet everyone has run off!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
bhodilee wrote:Okay really, I was told if I started showering regularly and using deodorant and brushed my teeth people would want to be around me. Yet everyone has run off!

I'm here Bhodi. And yes, it's a real wine woot off. We're trying to do this whole "budget" thing at my house, so I have to be real careful not to buy everything that comes up.
On another note, we drank the Mumm Cuvee M last night. It was really interesting. I liked it, but I don't think I'll buy it again, as there are other things I like way more.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

bhodilee

darlenee1 wrote:I'm here Bhodi. And yes, it's a real wine woot off. We're trying to do this whole "budget" thing at my house, so I have to be real careful not to buy everything that comes up.
On another note, we drank the Mumm Cuvee M last night. It was really interesting. I liked it, but I don't think I'll buy it again, as there are other things I like way more.

Yeah, budgets suck. Mine is strict this year and I'm going to try to buy very very little. I grow tired of having car payments so the goal is no extra spending and pay them off by the end of the year. Wont' happen as I'm weak willed, but hey, it's February and I've done good so far

polarbear22

darlenee1 wrote:I'm here Bhodi. And yes, it's a real wine woot off. We're trying to do this whole "budget" thing at my house, so I have to be real careful not to buy everything that comes up.

Lack of shipping to CT should help you to buy less.

My Cellar

darlenee1

polarbear22 wrote:Lack of shipping to CT should help you to buy less.

It has. There's been a lot of that this year.

bhodilee

So, I can't figure this out on the new facebook. I used to be able to view JUST posts from certain applications. Like if I wanted to view just postings about Mafia Wars, I could. Now I can't figure out how to do it. So....how do you do it?

darlenee1

bhodilee wrote:So, I can't figure this out on the new facebook. I used to be able to view JUST posts from certain applications. Like if I wanted to view just postings about Mafia Wars, I could. Now I can't figure out how to do it. So....how do you do it?

Can't help you there. I don;t do any of those facebook game things. No Mafia Wars, NO Farmville, nothing. When my daughter gets up, I'll ask her for you.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
bhodilee wrote:So, I can't figure this out on the new facebook. I used to be able to view JUST posts from certain applications. Like if I wanted to view just postings about Mafia Wars, I could. Now I can't figure out how to do it. So....how do you do it?

On the left side, click applications?

bhodilee

darlenee1 wrote:Can't help you there. I don;t do any of those facebook game things. No Mafia Wars, NO Farmville, nothing. When my daughter gets up, I'll ask her for you.

Excellent!

In random news: This is rather shocking I can't help but think there's a fair number of good people here getting fired for no reason.

bhodilee

Imagine4vr wrote:On the left side, click applications?

Not sure, doesnt' seem to list the games. But if I click on games I can see the games but if I click the name of the game it just takes me to the application fan page thing. Though I can see the individual friends that play said game and visit their page, but I used to be able to just sort the news feed to show only those posts pertaining to a certain game/application.

darlenee1

bhodilee wrote:Excellent!

In random news: This is rather shocking I can't help but think there's a fair number of good people here getting fired for no reason.

Well, a 3% hike in testing scores is pretty pathetic if it's a low performing school.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Not sure, doesnt' seem to list the games. But if I click on games I can see the games but if I click the name of the game it just takes me to the application fan page thing. Though I can see the individual friends that play said game and visit their page, but I used to be able to just sort the news feed to show only those posts pertaining to a certain game/application.

I looked around, but don't see it anymore. Looks like they removed that feature. That was nice to have.

Oh, and gargling. You need to gargle too.

MarkDaSpark

Shirt.Woot detour .... wonder if the juvies will complain on the Shirt boards too.

Tempted to get another of the Exercise and Procrastinate shirts .... only $12 during the detour.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
MarkDaSpark wrote:Shirt.Woot detour .... wonder if the juvies will complain on the Shirt boards too.

Tempted to get another of the Exercise and Procrastinate shirts .... only $12 during the detour.

Yay only $2 more than they originally cost! ;)

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Shirt.Woot detour .... wonder if the juvies will complain on the Shirt boards too.

Yeah, there are a lot of good shirts, I kinda like the tortoise and hare one, but I think I have enough woot shirts now :P Sort of like I have enough wine ... why can't I be a girl and not have to justify my purchases! *ducks*

CT

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:Yay only $2 more than they originally cost! ;)

But $3 more if you buy it after!

Although I might wait until tomorrow ......

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Yeah, there are a lot of good shirts, I kinda like the tortoise and hare one, but I think I have enough woot shirts now :P Sort of like I have enough wine ... why can't I be a girl and not have to justify my purchases! *ducks*

Oh, and don't forget to let us know when you go to lunch today and/or tomorrow.

We can use the EWN to let everyone know the Bunch of Crepes is imminent.

polarbear22

And procrastination pays off!! Got my "Procrastinate" T-shirt for $3 less. And one for my daughter.

EDIT: First order did not go through. Tried again and got a server error. So I switched to the other computer and it is still processing.

Wonder if I will end up with three orders?

My Cellar

darlenee1

polarbear22 wrote:And procrastination pays off!! Got my "Procrastinate" T-shirt for $3 less. And one for my daughter.

So, I know a bunch of you are Twisted fans. Should I buy this offer? PB, you have smiliar tastes to me, what do you think?

mother

darlenee1 wrote:So, I know a bunch of you are Twisted fans. Should I buy this offer? PB, you have smiliar tastes to me, what do you think?

Are you moving or wootlegging?

darlenee1

mother wrote:Are you moving or wootlegging?

Ah, I thought it said shipping to CT. Nevermind then. More money saved.

polarbear22

darlenee1 wrote:Ah, I thought it said shipping to CT. Nevermind then. More money saved.

It did have CT listed early on. I almost ordered, as I have not had the Twisted Oak. Glad I decided to be budget conscious, since I am not so angry that another wine cannot ship here.

My Cellar

mother

I was about to order 3, so I too am glad...

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
darlenee1 wrote:So, I know a bunch of you are Twisted fans. Should I buy this offer?

yes.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

I know it's been mentioned before but has anyone actually used wine barrel chips for a smoker? I am thinking about buying some to try, but I know as soon as I do, WD will show up with some! Of course, with this new format, could be a perfect Friday offering...just saying

CT