Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
sanity wrote:mother and Lighter,I purchased the 2 cali wines with the Super Bowl offer and was sorry I didn't take advantage of the 3-fer offer on his site.

Thank you for details. Very helpful. Now I have to figure out which bill is getting a late payment so I can do this!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
Lighter wrote:Thank you for details. Very helpful. Now I have to figure out which bill is getting a late payment so I can do this!

We've got two of them that we have chilled for CaGirl's dinner tonight. You could taste them for yourself. We could find room for you and your lovely wife.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm

Just watnte to give a little shout out to the great wooters who hosted us at D and D. Sorry I couldn't have hung out all weekend. I"m at a cheese conference today. Tough job, but someone's gotta do it.
Great workshop led by Zingermans yesterday. Wow.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
speedoo wrote:Great deal on a 450 bottle wine cellar in SoCal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150416614461&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I'd be all over it if I were anywhere near Moorpark, CA.

This is the second time it's been listed; it didn't sell the first time.

I debated about bidding and then driving down to pick it up (I'm in the SF bay area). Then I came to my senses....

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
winefarm wrote:Just wanted to give a little shout out to the great wooters who hosted us at D and D. Sorry I couldn't have hung out all weekend. I'm at a cheese conference today. Tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

We appreciate anytime you and David join us. Always a pleasure. And it was great meeting Drew, who seems to be a great addition to the Wine.Woot family.

Best wishes and prayers for all of your family (what with WD travelling and all) and to the WCC extended family.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

JOATMON wrote:This is the second time it's been listed; it didn't sell the first time.

I debated about bidding and then driving down to pick it up (I'm in the SF bay area). Then I came to my senses....

Do you remember what the price was last time? I'm debating it myself, since I'm here in OC, and I do have a nephew with a pickup truck .....

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
winefarm wrote:Just watnte to give a little shout out to the great wooters who hosted us at D and D. Sorry I couldn't have hung out all weekend. I"m at a cheese conference today. Tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

Zingermans? like this Zingermans? I LOVE them.

If you guys come out in May, I'd be perfectly happy to bring you down to AA to one of the delis or restaurants of theirs

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

My cable provider is going to start offering cell service next month. I'm intrigued by this, very intrigued. They've got outstanding local customer service and Verizon may or may not even have customer service, I haven't figured that out yet. I might just have to switch when my contract is up in June pending phone choices. I guess initially it's going to run on Sprint's network, which I think roams on Verizon's network so I should be good for voice basically anywhere. Data I could give a The Strangers (2008) about, I'm rarely not around a computer.

edit: Not sure I've seen The Strangers (2008). Is that the one with Liv Tyler? I was gonna watch it one day, then remembered she's not a good actress and not really cute at all.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
MarkDaSpark wrote:Do you remember what the price was last time? I'm debating it myself, since I'm here in OC, and I do have a nephew with a pickup truck .....

He relisted at the same price. He seems to be just waiting for someone to pay his price, and doesn't seem to be in that much of a hurry.

If you do get it, I'll be jealous. Please let us know how it works out.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
winefarm wrote:Just watnte to give a little shout out to the great wooters who hosted us at D and D. Sorry I couldn't have hung out all weekend. I"m at a cheese conference today. Tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

oh noes, not more cheese, and wine, and cheese! Great seeing you as always.

CT

tenuki

sanity wrote:I agree! If I don't ride the motorcycle out, you can drive with me. fly to Vegas, drive to AZ, fly back to CA.

Seriously considered this. Y'all are just too much fun to be with. Umm, lemme see how pool turns out, there's a league on Saturdays that's really cramping my weekends, and I feel committed, but there's a little drama right now and I might quit.

CT

INTLGerard

quality posts: 58 Private Messages INTLGerard

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:Nope. Just WD flying out early on Sunday, and having to go over last minute stuff with Drew. He wished he could have made it, but he got done too late.

Actually, I think WorstVeg scared him off at Biale .....

He had a great time and loved meeting the Wooters...thought I'd pass that along!

Looking forward to the "approved" photos.

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
bahwm wrote:We've got two of them that we have chilled for CaGirl's dinner tonight. You could taste them for yourself. We could find room for you and your lovely wife.

I wish! BUT. She's out of rehearsal at five thirty. I have a 6:30 call. At nine-thirty I have a thesis showing. Let's see, that would put us at your place at about one AM . . . Not likely!

cheron98

Strange. I am oddly craving some of the truffle tremor right now...

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:Strange. I am oddly craving some of the truffle tremor right now...

The "tremor" is the withdrawal symptoms you experience after eating it. What they didn't list as one of the ingredients was "heroin"

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
tenuki wrote:Seriously considered this. Y'all are just too much fun to be with. Umm, lemme see how pool turns out, there's a league on Saturdays that's really cramping my weekends, and I feel committed, but there's a little drama right now and I might quit.

I was very tempted by the AZ spring training gathering as well. The timing is just wrong unfortunately.

Another option for that weekend (tenuki, you really need to quit that pool league!) is Mustard, Mud & Music in Calistoga.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

Attention all Truffle Tremor critics:

I just re-tried it (a very small piece on my out) and it is substantially different than a couple days ago. It is far less acidic, the finish is longer and "softer," and it is absolutely fantastic right now. I liked it before but wouldn't have bought it again at the price. Now, I am for sure in if it comes back up sometime.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
cheron98 wrote:Strange. I am oddly craving some of the truffle tremor right now...

Ah! Try it again!!! It's soooo much better now.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cheron98 wrote:Zingermans? like this Zingermans? I LOVE them.

If you guys come out in May, I'd be perfectly happy to bring you down to AA to one of the delis or restaurants of theirs

8 Hamentaschen for $40?!?!!? that's frying obscene!

cheron98

kylemittskus wrote:Ah! Try it again!!! It's soooo much better now.

it's delicious in my salad

cheron98

mother wrote:8 Hamentaschen for $40?!?!!? that's frying obscene!

i don't typically shop for them.. is that obscene expensive or obscene good price? all i know is everything zingerman's is absolutely phenomenal

mother

cheron98 wrote:i don't typically shop for them.. is that obscene expensive or obscene good price? all i know is everything zingerman's is absolutely phenomenal

They're effing cookies.

mother

Is anyone familiar with Alsatian "Vendange Tardive" wines? Thinking about grabbing a bottle of 1989 Hugel et Fils Riesling V.T. to have at dinner for my nieces 21st.

She isn't a wine drinker so I think that a late harvest white is probably the safest choice for an aged wine. That and a local wine shop has a bottle...

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mother wrote:Is anyone familiar with Alsatian "Vendange Tardive" wines? Thinking about grabbing a bottle of 1989 Hugel et Fils Riesling V.T. to have at dinner for my nieces 21st.

She isn't a wine drinker so I think that a late harvest white is probably the safest choice for an aged wine. That and a local wine shop has a bottle...

Get iByron's attention. He may know.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

And "Princess Bride" is an answer on Jeopardy. Too bad it didn't appear when Aces was on.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

tenuki

mewalk707 wrote:I was very tempted by the AZ spring training gathering as well. The timing is just wrong unfortunately.

Another option for that weekend (tenuki, you really need to quit that pool league!) is Mustard, Mud & Music in Calistoga.

Okay, trying to find a sub for the next couple weekends so I can enjoy 8th Street Wineries open house, and then either az or calistoga

CT

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
tenuki wrote:Okay, trying to find a sub for the next couple weekends so I can enjoy 8th Street Wineries open house, and then az AND calistoga

I fixed that for you ;)

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

The truffle tremor cheez is the bestest cheez ever! I love that stuff.

Speaking of which, I should have some more...tomorrow.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mother

otolith wrote:The truffle tremor cheez is the bestest cheez ever! I love that stuff.

Speaking of which, I should have some more...tomorrow.

It's damn tasty.

polarbear22

mother wrote:It's damn tasty.

Make me sorry I failed to convince my wife to buy. Next time.

My Cellar

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:Make me sorry I failed to convince my wife to buy. Next time.

I'm blaming, and thanking, dearest nallie for buying.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cheron98

It appears mother is going to be totally versnickered tonight with his new concoction.

mother

cheron98 wrote:It appears mother is going to be totally versnickered tonight with his new concoction.

Hey! I resemble that!

Really makes the Reboot shine that Ollalieberry does!

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:It appears mother is going to be totally versnickered tonight with his new concoction.

Dang it!!! That totally should be a filter.

Versnickered ......

bahwm

Lighter wrote:I wish! BUT. She's out of rehearsal at five thirty. I have a 6:30 call. At nine-thirty I have a thesis showing. Let's see, that would put us at your place at about one AM . . . Not likely!

So sorry! The crew pumpkinized around midnight. I've plopped on the sofa with the Olympics on for a few and will be to bed soon. We missed you. Others wondered what happened to you. Tiger caught you last post. Maybe next time.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

So .... anyone else thinking they might pull a Woot-off tonight? Had a random error earlier tonight, that got me thinking it might be time .....

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:So .... anyone else thinking they might pull a Woot-off tonight? Had a random error earlier tonight, that got me thinking it might be time .....

Aw, geeze, that's just what we need!

Cesare

quality posts: 1619 Private Messages Cesare

It is a woot off! With a true wine.woot-off? Ty Caton cab up... hmmm

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Aw, geeze, that's just what we need!

Ask and ye shall receive ....

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie
otolith wrote:I'm blaming, and thanking, dearest nallie for buying.

You're welcome (biting down hard on tongue to prevent 'I told you so' from slipping out to all who didn't buy or judged cheese too early and too harshly).

Imho, truffle tremor is the second best frikken cheese in the world (first place goes to Stilton blue - perfect juxtaposition of creamy/coarse, salty/sweet, tangy/velvet).

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a wine woot off to monitor...

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)