sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
CAGrl wrote:May 22nd would be between Vegas and Detroit. It does look pretty good, but I think I'm gonna need that weekend to recover from Vegas. Tenuki's going back to Vegas that weekend I believe.

So you are coming to Vegas for sure? Great! I'll update the list.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

OK, eastern time zone is clear for results

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
cheron98 wrote:OK, eastern time zone is clear for results

Hahaha...which means the west coast is probably still under embargo for 3 more hours!

I'll summarize, and then duck for cover: Go Canada! :D

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

So drinking the Arroyo 2007 Melange I picked up today. Very nice. Paired pretty well with NY style pizza.

CAGrl

klezman wrote:Hahaha...which means the west coast is probably still under embargo for 3 more hours!

I'll summarize, and then duck for cover: Go Canada! :D

I might be mad if I knew what you were talking about.

klezman

CAGrl wrote:I might be mad if I knew what you were talking about.

I *might* have accidentally jumped the gun on referring to some Olympic results ~6 hours after they happened. I didn't account for the NBC factor. I was mostly referring to how Canada kicked some butt today. And will hopefully do so again tomorrow. :-o

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

CAGrl

klezman wrote:I *might* have accidentally jumped the gun on referring to some Olympic results ~6 hours after they happened. I didn't account for the NBC factor. I was mostly referring to how Canada kicked some butt today. And will hopefully do so again tomorrow. :-o

See, I'm a little torn on that one. I love the Sharks and they have 4 players on Team Canada. But it's so hard to root against USA. So just torn. I would just like to have a great game between the 2 teams. I miss the first matchup because I was studying.

klezman

CAGrl wrote:See, I'm a little torn on that one. I love the Sharks and they have 4 players on Team Canada. But it's so hard to root against USA. So just torn. I would just like to have a great game between the 2 teams. I miss the first matchup because I was studying.

Despite possibly getting a black mark for this one, I'm one of those guys who wears his Team Canada jersey to Sharks games when they play Canadian teams. My loyalties are clear If a non-Canadian team wins the cup, though, I'd like it to be the Sharks. I might even put them ahead of Ottawa or Montreal. Maybe.

My (NHL) team has supplied the USA with a couple of its top players, not to mention the general manager and head coach.

Tomorrow will be a fantastic game, I suspect. No matter who wins. Both teams are amazingly talented and driven...it's way too close a contest to call. All I know is I will be drinking lunchtime beer with a bunch of other Canadians on campus while alternately cheering and biting our nails

CAGrl

klezman wrote:Despite possibly getting a black mark for this one, I'm one of those guys who wears his Team Canada jersey to Sharks games when they play Canadian teams. My loyalties are clear If a non-Canadian team wins the cup, though, I'd like it to be the Sharks. I might even put them ahead of Ottawa or Montreal. Maybe.

My (NHL) team has supplied the USA with a couple of its top players, not to mention the general manager and head coach.

Tomorrow will be a fantastic game, I suspect. No matter who wins. Both teams are amazingly talented and driven...it's way too close a contest to call. All I know is I will be drinking lunchtime beer with a bunch of other Canadians on campus while alternately cheering and biting our nails

So where will you be watching the game??? We're probably just gonna sit at home and watch it, but if you know of a good place, we might come out.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
CAGrl wrote:So drinking the Arroyo 2007 Melange I picked up today. Very nice. Paired pretty well with NY style pizza.

We opened it too, seemed hotter than this morning but mellowed after a while. Re: may 1st, j's bday party is apparently April 30 so like noonish or later at VA would be best :p and she can't join us.

CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1565 Private Messages Cesare

Whew, full day with Krugsters in Manhattan.
I can't believe nobody posted this yet.
Grapestories beta went live today. Will run in parallel with cellartracker while in beta, they both point to the same database on the back end. Either interface can be used to update your cellar (so be careful, on the new site).

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cheron98

Cesare wrote:Whew, full day with Krugsters in Manhattan.
Grapestories beta went live today. Will run in parallel with cellartracker while in beta, they both point to the same database on the back end. Either interface can be used to update your cellar (so be careful, on the new site).

Just in time for me to reorganize the cellar next week!

justinrsanderson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justinrsanderson

Do we have a multi quote feature of here? We need one.

I don't really like how cellartracker has been complicated (or simplified?). I prefer the old view with all the information available for my eyes to scan. Oh well, it is progress. I'm sure Eric will figure something out to appease the "power" users and the rest. It seems to be a social networking site based around wine reviews. Peep their forums for a taste of what their loyal community has to say. Most thank Eric for all the work, but the transition is going to be difficult. For example, to find a wine, it's auction value, top stores where it's available, etc..it used to be one/two click. Now there is a longer "clicking" process to get to all the information. At any rate, this is just the Beta. View the discussion here: Oh Grapestories.

CAGrl, I have not had that Arroyo yet, sounds good though. What did you end up buying? Any of their PS?

Go Team USA and Ryan Miller. We're having all kinds of parties in Buffalo, NY to watch the game. I'm going to a free buffet and cash bar one of my favorite restaurants is hosting.

"If it smells done, it's done. If it smells burnt, it's burnt. If it don't smell, it ain't done yet."

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
justinrsanderson wrote:Do we have a multi quote feature of here? We need one. - snip -

The best I've been able to figure out is a bit unwieldy, but not hard to do. You reply to the first post you want to answer, and then also reply (in a separate tab) to each of the other posts you want to quote. Then it's a simple matter to copy & paste each new quote into your main reply, and edit each quote to your liking once you've pasted it in. Voila, multi-quotes

editing to clarify that when I say "you reply to the first post", I mean that you click "reply" -- not that you post a reply. Until you're done editing your main reply. (Just b/c many people may read this, and some may read it more literally than others.)

CAGrl

justinrsanderson wrote:CAGrl, I have not had that Arroyo yet, sounds good though. What did you end up buying? Any of their PS?

I bought a bottle of 2007 Greenwood PS and couple bottles of their futures. 2008 Rattlesnake and Greenwood PS.

Oh yeah, the melange is their least expensive bottle, but still very yummy.

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:We opened it too, seemed hotter than this morning but mellowed after a while. Re: may 1st, j's bday party is apparently April 30 so like noonish or later at VA would be best :p and she can't join us.

I had the same thought when I first opened it. I might still show up around 10 that way I can taste but I can always stick around and eat the lovely paella. Yum!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

So had a great time yesterday with mewalk and CAGirl, and we ran into WineDrew "working" at the 8th street open house. And of course I brought Mewalk's wine and forgot to give it to her :P VA rocked, their current port is delicious, placed future order for a couple bottles of that along with some other stuff. Ty was fun, apparently Malbec was the hit but they were out by the time we got there. We all liked Ty's red, about all I can say about it since we were probably on our 30th wine by that point. He has a blown up poster of one of his woot offerings over the toilet, which we all found amusing.

CT

WineWootaholic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WineWootaholic

Buying wine in PA.

Yes, we are lucky, (for those of us that can buy from wine.woot that is...)

A man not old, but mellow, like good wine,
Stephen Phillips (1845-1915)

"I love cooking with wine, Sometimes I even put it in the food."

33 wine.woot's, 9 woot-off wines

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707
tenuki wrote:So had a great time yesterday with mewalk and CAGirl, and we ran into WineDrew "working" at the 8th street open house. And of course I brought Mewalk's wine and forgot to give it to her :P VA rocked, their current port is delicious, placed future order for a couple bottles of that along with some other stuff. Ty was fun, apparently Malbec was the hit but they were out by the time we got there. We all liked Ty's red, about all I can say about it since we were probably on our 30th wine by that point. He has a blown up poster of one of his woot offerings over the toilet, which we all found amusing.

When you didn't mention the wine all day, even after CAGrl brought it up, I just assumed you had forgotten to bring it... again. You had it all along... doood!? J/k, no big deal. I'm just going to start tacking on some interest ;)

WDr, good to see you hard at work. I hope they pay you well. Poor guy.

cheron98

Muahaha... figured out how to get the Droid's barcode scanner to send the barcode to cellartracker and find the wine

MUAHAHAHAHA...

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters
justinrsanderson wrote:Do we have a multi quote feature of here? We need one.

I don't really like how cellartracker has been complicated (or simplified?). I prefer the old view with all the information available for my eyes to scan. Oh well, it is progress. I'm sure Eric will figure something out to appease the "power" users and the rest. It seems to be a social networking site based around wine reviews. Peep their forums for a taste of what their loyal community has to say. Most thank Eric for all the work, but the transition is going to be difficult. For example, to find a wine, it's auction value, top stores where it's available, etc..it used to be one/two click. Now there is a longer "clicking" process to get to all the information. At any rate, this is just the Beta. View the discussion here: Oh Grapestories.

Sadly, I think the future is here with the new GrapeStories.com. Ugh. Bleck.
I have begun using it though simply because I have to get use to it.
In it's current form it's awkward and cumbersome. I have so many more click thru's to find the info I need.

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

AND kttest. No need for drama or tongue wagging folks. and we all went home to visit sickly shamer.

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
CAGrl wrote:See, I'm a little torn on that one. I love the Sharks and they have 4 players on Team Canada. But it's so hard to root against USA. So just torn. I would just like to have a great game between the 2 teams. I miss the first matchup because I was studying.

I was torn too - root for the USA or the two players on Team Canada with one actually sitting on the bench the entire Olympics. I ended up choosing team Canada. The US is a young, talented team. They can win it next time.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

klezman

CAGrl wrote:So where will you be watching the game??? We're probably just gonna sit at home and watch it, but if you know of a good place, we might come out.

Ok, a little late, but we were all watching the game at the Stanford Graduate Community Centre. Lots of beer and cheer!

Sidney Crosby is one of the greatest hockey players ever. That was a nail-biter, but a pleasure to watch!

Oh...and GO CANADA!

klezman

InShadows wrote:I was torn too - root for the USA or the two players on Team Canada with one actually sitting on the bench the entire Olympics. I ended up choosing team Canada. The US is a young, talented team. They can win it next time.

This is a rivalry that will only get more intense. Thankfully there won't be an Olympics on American or Canadian ice for a long time to make it that much crazier.

Don Cherry called it correctly, in spirit. Miller needed to have the game of his life for the US to win, and he didn't. Just an amazing and awesome game...kind of like his usual these days.