jenmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenmonkey
polarbear22 wrote:It takes an experience wooter to be one of the ribs people.

Nice to see your name pop up. Saw something on FB -- Did you get married?

I did, in November! He joined the Army though, so he's off at Basic and AIT right now, then deploying to Afghanistan for 15 months in December. So it's like I'm married, but I'm totally alone most of the time. Some would say that's ideal. :D

And yeah, Facebook has problems with those crazy foreigner names. Bradford works. Extra points to anyone ribs enough to know how the crazy "c" is pronounced! ;)

I think I might have been having a crisis at one point trying to figure out how I was gonna get everything done with school and work and everything, and if I didn't immediately recognize your name, I might've unfriended you. Sorry! Feel free to refriend, as many of you have already. I'll keep you this time, I promise.

jenmonkey

tenuki wrote:Added, for anyone else, it's easier to find using Jennifer Bradford, facebook doesn't like the ć in her name.

I don't suppose you do razor cuts do you?

There are a couple people I know of down in SJ. CAGirl is one of the ones going tomorrow. There's also JOATMON who I STILL haven't met even though I'm holding his wine hostage ;)

Cool, thanks! I remember JOAT from a while back, but we never managed to meet. I'll have to set something up. I also am part of a motorcycle group that has people all over the bay, so it's not inconceivable that I'm out in the East Bay for an evening or so. I'll let you know when I am.

And yes, I do razor cuts. I have my hair portfolio online, but I don't know if that would help you any. ;) Check it out if you're interested: www.jenbradfordhair.com

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
jenmonkey wrote:I did, in November! He joined the Army though, so he's off at Basic and AIT right now, then deploying to Afghanistan for 15 months in December. So it's like I'm married, but I'm totally alone most of the time. Some would say that's ideal. :D

And yeah, Facebook has problems with those crazy foreigner names. Bradford works. Extra points to anyone ribs enough to know how the crazy "c" is pronounced! ;)

I think I might have been having a crisis at one point trying to figure out how I was gonna get everything done with school and work and everything, and if I didn't immediately recognize your name, I might've unfriended you. Sorry! Feel free to refriend, as many of you have already. I'll keep you this time, I promise.

I should have read ahead before I posted. Bit again.

So, CONGRATULATIONS!! And my prayers are with your husband and you as he serves our country.

Off to check FB.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
jenmonkey wrote:Cool, thanks! I remember JOAT from a while back, but we never managed to meet. I'll have to set something up. I also am part of a motorcycle group that has people all over the bay, so it's not inconceivable that I'm out in the East Bay for an evening or so. I'll let you know when I am.

And yes, I do razor cuts. I have my hair portfolio online, but I don't know if that would help you any. ;) Check it out if you're interested: www.jenbradfordhair.com

You are one talented woman; nice website, too!
tenuki, definitely go see jen about your hair.

I'm just starting to ride a Honda Shadow 750. What about you?

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

Sanity...PM for you.

polarbear22

NH Liquor Stores have a selection of Wellington. I have my daughter calling me as she goes through tomorrow. Likely will be one happy polar bear.

I had to try and fix a clogger hose in our washer when I got home. After three attempts, it still gave an error code of a clog. So I gave up and tried to drain it. And of course, we have run two loads through and it is working fine now. Credit? or luck?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
polarbear22 wrote:NH Liquor Stores have a selection of Wellington. I have my daughter calling me as she goes through tomorrow. Likely will be one happy polar bear.

I had to try and fix a clogger hose in our washer when I got home. After three attempts, it still gave an error code of a clog. So I gave up and tried to drain it. And of course, we have run two loads through and it is working fine now. Credit? or luck?

Is she going to be able to get through? I heard tell of a big storm out that direction. Or so they said on the radio.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

jenmonkey

sanity wrote:You are one talented woman; nice website, too!
tenuki, definitely go see jen about your hair.

I'm just starting to ride a Honda Shadow 750. What about you?

Oh, fabulous!! I used to ride Yamaha R6's. I sold my bike when the economy went sour. But we have a saying - two wheels good; four wheels bad with all the rain lately though, who's to judge?

polarbear22

lauratchi wrote:Is she going to be able to get through? I heard tell of a big storm out that direction. Or so they said on the radio.

I think (hope) so. The storm is just hanging on, so there is time to clear the snow off the roads. And around here, we only have a couple of inches.

There may be more trouble for the folks from Southern CT coming up for the wine tasting tonight.

Off to check weather.com and see what has happened in the areas that she has to drive through.

My Cellar

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
polarbear22 wrote:I think (hope) so. The storm is just hanging on, so there is time to clear the snow off the roads. And around here, we only have a couple of inches.

There may be more trouble for the folks from Southern CT coming up for the wine tasting tonight.

Off to check weather.com and see what has happened in the areas that she has to drive through.

Good deal. I'm not sure how current our news is here. Hopefully she'll have a fine trip, be able stock you up on Wellington. Priorities of course.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

sanity

jenmonkey wrote:Oh, fabulous!! I used to ride Yamaha R6's. I sold my bike when the economy went sour. But we have a saying - two wheels good; four wheels bad with all the rain lately though, who's to judge?

With only 1.9 inches of rain last year, we had plenty of great riding weather. This year we've already surpassed that in 6 weeks, which is unusual for us because our rainfall month is August.

Hopefully you'll get another bike!

polarbear22

WineWootaholic wrote:was there a thread a long time ago, that concerned making a wine cellar in your basement?

anyway, I was looking for breezeair.com today, and mistyped it as this breezeaire.com thought someone might find it useful, if there was a thread, please feel free to post this there

I know there have been threads. But let me tell you what not to do.

I failed to put in a vapor barrier, not knowing it was needed. I have had two coolers die prematurely, and told the lack of vapor barrier may be the cause. So I am having the walls taken down, insulation pulled to put in the vapor barrier. And then use green board instead of regular sheet rock on the inside. And likely will need new insulation, since we are working from the inside and the insulation was stapled from the outside. I have not received the estimate yet.

And I am getting a better cooling unit. I used Koolspace at first, but learned they have a short life. So I am getting a WhisperKool to replace it.

My Cellar

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
jenmonkey wrote:

Would seriously give you a try if you don't mind a guy who has no idea what he wants Never had my hair this long before, not sure if you looked at D&D pics in the NorCal thread, I'm the Asian guy. Worstveg tells me I should get something fun and anime-like with the restriction I do work for a small law office so can't go totally overboard. Other people are recommending a soft layered razor cut (hence the question), I'd totally leave it in your hands though and would be laid back enough to at worst be like, eh, I don't like it but it's interesting! unless you gave me a mullet or something

CT

polarbear22

otolith wrote:edit...that's funny how my reply to my reply led to nothing being posted. Click on it. Anyhoo, got those frames at Michaels. They are very nice frames for the price--between 30-40 bones a piece.

Thanks to you and Krugters. I picked up a frame. $42 vs. regular price of $70. I did a custom mat in another frame for the varietal chart. Cost more, and I like the wood frame better.

Otolith - thanks again for the wine map. Don't know if I told you that I forgot it when we flew home, so they had to send it to me. Cost nearly as much as buying one to have them send it. Teach me to forget things. Still, it is special since it was a gift.

My Cellar

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:Thanks to you and Krugters. I picked up a frame. $42 vs. regular price of $70. I did a custom mat in another frame for the varietal chart. Cost more, and I like the wood frame better.

Otolith - thanks again for the wine map. Don't know if I told you that I forgot it when we flew home, so they had to send it to me. Cost nearly as much as buying one to have them send it. Teach me to forget things. Still, it is special since it was a gift.

Glad you like it. Still waiting for a good time to open that wine from you.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

How's our SoCal crew doing... Anyone in the tsunami zone?

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

So heading out to dinner tonight with some friends, bringing my friend that's in from OH to a Long Island seafood restaurant for her Bday dinner.
I just called one of the restaurants we may be going to and they only have a $15 corkage fee, so I'm considering bringing one of my own bottles.
Anyone have any suggestions of what I should bring from the whites I have here at my condo? I'm considering one of my Jana Rieslings? I don't have much in the way of options.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

sanity

HitAnyKey42 wrote:So heading out to dinner tonight with some friends, bringing my friend that's in from OH to a Long Island seafood restaurant for her Bday dinner.
I just called one of the restaurants we may be going to and they only have a $15 corkage fee, so I'm considering bringing one of my own bottles.
Anyone have any suggestions of what I should bring from the whites I have here at my condo? I'm considering one of my Jana Rieslings? I don't have much in the way of options.

This is the person who prefers sweeter or fruitier whites? Would she appreciate the J. Hofstatter Gewurz? If you think not, save it for another time. (is this what justinrsanderson is having tonight? Yes; maybe he can chime in about it) Then choose one of the Jana's or the zind-Humbrecht. Whichever you choose, make sure to open it and give it time to breathe before you enjoy. Let us know how it turns out!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:How's our SoCal crew doing... Anyone in the tsunami zone?

Ummm ... tsunami? Is that a new type of sushi?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Ummm ... tsunami? Is that a new type of sushi?

All i know is what the news tells us and they were just saying california is under advisory. and then they promptly turned their attentions to hawaii. So I was just concerned. If nothing else, was hoping for some good wave pics from someone out there

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:All i know is what the news tells us and they were just saying california is under advisory. and then they promptly turned their attentions to hawaii. So I was just concerned. If nothing else, was hoping for some good wave pics from someone out there

I think we're all inland 3 miles or more. Not sure about Annsalisbury, but haven't heard from her in a while.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:I think we're all inland 3 miles or more. Not sure about Annsalisbury, but haven't heard from her in a while.

3 miles. psh. i'd be there with a camera

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
cheron98 wrote:3 miles. psh. i'd be there with a camera

I'm just thrilled that the threat in Hawaii appears to be passed. I've got 5 or 6 co-workers out there on Oahu right now, scoping out the scenery for our summertime, Camo Barbie excursion.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:3 miles. psh. i'd be there with a camera

And we all know how that would turn out

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Edited until everybody gets to see these things.

Blame NBC (and me). Couldn't even watch the opening ceremonies live on the west coast.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

klezman wrote:...spoilers...

Hey hey hey, no results! Dude! We're just NOW being allowed to see the bobsled stuff here.

klezman

cheron98 wrote:Hey hey hey, no results! Dude! We're just NOW being allowed to see the bobsled stuff here.

Eek...sorry! It was so long ago and I saw it via an east coast stream so I figured it was old news by now. My bad.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

klezman wrote:Eek...sorry! It was so long ago and I saw it via an east coast stream so I figured it was old news by now. My bad.

NBC has results posted on their site but i've made it a habit to not go there until after the broadcast. I had to shut off their facebook updates too. you'd think they'd have the sense to not post things until they've done the broadcasts in all time zones. or else detect your timezone and display accordingly.

i'm eastern timezone, we just got the speed skating team pursuit. just about to get men's slalom run two. still waiting on bobsled run 4.

MarkDaSpark

Glad for Canada that they have the most Gold so far, but more glad that USA is leading overall in medal count.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

So tasting today was amazing. Vincent Arroyo barrel tasting was excellent (and expensive). Eighth Street Wineries were so much fun to go to. Although by the end, my taste buds were shot.

So tenuki, mewalk and I were thinking of doing NorCal #5 during Vincent Arroyo's library open house on May 1st. Any interests?

klezman

cheron98 wrote:NBC has results posted on their site but i've made it a habit to not go there until after the broadcast. I had to shut off their facebook updates too. you'd think they'd have the sense to not post things until they've done the broadcasts in all time zones. or else detect your timezone and display accordingly.

i'm eastern timezone, we just got the speed skating team pursuit. just about to get men's slalom run two. still waiting on bobsled run 4.

I thought it was just us west coasters that got shafted that badly. That's really fakon on NBC's part. Can we fire them for next time around? BBC/Eurosport have by far the best coverage, with CTV being a very close second. You can see nearly everything live with them (and I found a few Eurosport streams on the intertubes to get my fix).

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Glad for Canada that they have the most Gold so far, but more glad that USA is leading overall in medal count.

For the Scott Harvey offer?

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:For the Scott Harvey offer?

That too!

cheron98

klezman wrote:I thought it was just us west coasters that got shafted that badly. That's really fakon on NBC's part. Can we fire them for next time around? BBC/Eurosport have by far the best coverage, with CTV being a very close second. You can see nearly everything live with them (and I found a few Eurosport streams on the intertubes to get my fix).

Sad part is NBC has 4 channels to cover the Olypmics, and still they don't seem to think they're able to do full-on live coverage.

klezman

CAGrl wrote:So tasting today was amazing. Vincent Arroyo barrel tasting was excellent (and expensive). Eighth Street Wineries were so much fun to go to. Although by the end, my taste buds were shot.

So tenuki, mewalk and I were thinking of doing NorCal #5 during Vincent Arroyo's library open house on May 1st. Any interests?

Definitely interested! Another option would be May 22, as that's when Roche Winery is having their open house tasting. Either way, both are well after my defense, so I'll have a lot more flexibility and would love to join you.

klezman

cheron98 wrote:Sad part is NBC has 4 channels to cover the Olypmics, and still they don't seem to think they're able to do full-on live coverage.

I think it's that they don't *want* to do full live coverage. CTV had nearly full live coverage across only 3 channels. Either they think Americans don't want to watch live Olympics or they're too lazy or "cash-strapped" to produce it. Even though they don't have to pay any camera people since it's all provided by the Olympics directly.

Problem is, they keep getting high ratings since they're the only game in town and will never learn.

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Glad for Canada that they have the most Gold so far, but more glad that USA is leading overall in medal count.

Conceded :-) And both of those have been written in stone for quite a while now. Good show on both sides of the border!

Canada never had a shot at taking the most medals and we all knew that.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
klezman wrote:Definitely interested! Another option would be May 22, as that's when Roche Winery is having their open house tasting. Either way, both are well after my defense, so I'll have a lot more flexibility and would love to join you.

May 22nd would be between Vegas and Detroit. It does look pretty good, but I think I'm gonna need that weekend to recover from Vegas. Tenuki's going back to Vegas that weekend I believe.

klezman

CAGrl wrote:May 22nd would be between Vegas and Detroit. It does look pretty good, but I think I'm gonna need that weekend to recover from Vegas. Tenuki's going back to Vegas that weekend I believe.

That's cool. Just figured I'd throw another option out there since it's a pretty under-publicized winery.

I'm impressed at the number of gatherings!

cheron98

klezman wrote:That's cool. Just figured I'd throw another option out there since it's a pretty under-publicized winery.

I'm impressed at the number of gatherings!

Yeah, it's kind of exploded. And the best part is that people travel to them, so it's not just an area gathering.