bahwm


quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
otolith wrote:So, kinda a cool/neat story. A few years ago, I took out this young, college student's tonsils (not that rare of an occurence). Fast forward to last week...I get an email from said former patient, who is now in medical school, asking if she could shadow me someday.

I guess I think it's cool.


It is cool. Congrats, Doc O. I love it when I find that some of my students have decided to become foreign language teachers. I met two of them last February at a conference.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
bahwm wrote:It is cool. Congrats, Doc O. I love it when I find that some of my students have decided to become foreign language teachers. I met two of them last February at a conference.


Well, it'll be really cool if she becomes one of my kind of docs.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:You don't have CT? That's going to make picking wine for the cheesecake difficult. Especially since the one I wanted is shot and WineStyles doesn't have it anymore.



Not totally clear why you would need access to info about my cellar, since your first choice was something that's not there anyway, but if you want to know what I have that I'd pair with the cheesecake, I'd go with the one that won the prize at the tasting last February: 2004 Domaine Carneros by Taittinger. That one really was great with the cheesecake, and I still have some left, but I might also try the Mumm Napa Brut Prestige. Any really nice, totally dry sparkler ought to be fine, but something just a bit off-dry doesn't work.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Much delayed, but the new apairitif post is up. Recipe courtesy of CJ!



Umm, which salami did you use and how much? You said you used it, but no specs in your blog .....


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Someone needs to update their links in the Labrat thread ......


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

aces219


quality posts: 5 Private Messages aces219

A couple baby pics on Facebook.

She was born at 8:52 last night, 6 lbs, 4 oz, 19 in. We are all doing very well. She is in the nicu for observation for a few hours since that is mandatory for all pre-37 weekers, but she should be released to us in a couple hours. What a miracle she is.

lauratchi


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

Congrats, hugs and all that good stuff. Great to hear that she is doing well. Nuff about her... how are you?

Can't wait til I can see the FB pics when I get home!

Oh and happy belated lab rattage!

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
aces219 wrote:A couple baby pics on Facebook.

She was born at 8:52 last night, 6 lbs, 4 oz, 19 in. We are all doing very well. She is in the nicu for observation for a few hours since that is mandatory for all pre-37 weekers, but she should be released to us in a couple hours. What a miracle she is.


Congratulations.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

Lighter


quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
aces219 wrote:We are all doing very well.

Good work, youse guys.

Have you chosen her screen name yet? She's been part of wine dot woot from the early days and it seems appropriate that she join right in.

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
aces219 wrote:A couple baby pics on Facebook.

She was born at 8:52 last night, 6 lbs, 4 oz, 19 in. We are all doing very well. She is in the nicu for observation for a few hours since that is mandatory for all pre-37 weekers, but she should be released to us in a couple hours. What a miracle she is.



Congratulations and the best of health and everything else for you and your new baby girl!

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
aces219 wrote:A couple baby pics on Facebook.

She was born at 8:52 last night, 6 lbs, 4 oz, 19 in. We are all doing very well. She is in the nicu for observation for a few hours since that is mandatory for all pre-37 weekers, but she should be released to us in a couple hours. What a miracle she is.



Congratulations. Your life will be forever changed in so many fantastic ways.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
cheron98 wrote:Much delayed, but the new apairitif post is up. Recipe courtesy of CJ!



These look great! I make a similar recipe using puff pastry sheets and caramelized onions different grated cheese. I've made them with cheddar and with swiss/gruyere blend. Yummy! Will have to try this recipe too.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Attention people thinking about coming for the Woot Cellars tasting:

Important information has been posted. If you are a MAYBE, you're definitely going to want to read it.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cheron98 wrote:Attention people thinking about coming for the Woot Cellars tasting:

Important information has been posted. If you are a MAYBE, you're definitely going to want to read it.



MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
aces219 wrote:A couple baby pics on Facebook.

She was born at 8:52 last night, 6 lbs, 4 oz, 19 in. We are all doing very well. She is in the nicu for observation for a few hours since that is mandatory for all pre-37 weekers, but she should be released to us in a couple hours. What a miracle she is.



All of them are .... Congrats!!!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
cjsiege wrote:If you are going to reheat in bulk, don't stack them higher than 2 high. Otherwise, the middle ones are still cold and the outer ones are starting to burn. Make sure the top is covered, but open up the ends. You want any steam to escape so they don't get soggy.



I put them uncovered on unlined cookie sheets and baked at 375 for exactly 5 minutes and they reheated -perfectly-. Only did the 8 in the picture for the reheating. Did the same thing later in the day for my dinner. Will do the same again today at some point.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:Not totally clear why you would need access to info about my cellar, since your first choice was something that's not there anyway, but if you want to know what I have that I'd pair with the cheesecake, I'd go with the one that won the prize at the tasting last February: 2004 Domaine Carneros by Taittinger. That one really was great with the cheesecake, and I still have some left, but I might also try the Mumm Napa Brut Prestige. Any really nice, totally dry sparkler ought to be fine, but something just a bit off-dry doesn't work.



Cuz my bottle got shot so I needed to see what else you had Don't have the Taittinger. Don't have the Brut Prestige. The one that we all thought was awesome with it was actually a semi-sweet sparkly.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Umm, which salami did you use and how much? You said you used it, but no specs in your blog .....



I used a fairly generic hard Genoa salami that was sliced up deli style (so the larger rounds). 11 slices were used - 8 as a bottom layer laid side by side with no overlap, then 3 on top to cover the gaps between the slices.

Also put that into a comment on the blog.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Someone needs to update their links in the Labrat thread ......



I was sleeping! Geez! And it would help if you followed the standard of just having one post per rat and putting their updates as edits into that post instead of making a separate post for each update. Makes for a lot of linking around and kind of countermands the purpose of the thread for consolidation

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mother wrote:



i don't get it...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cheron98 wrote:i don't get it...



It's one classy hello kitty...

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mother wrote:It's one classy hello kitty...



I still don't get how it related to the post about the thread update...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:I was sleeping! Geez! And it would help if you followed the standard of just having one post per rat and putting their updates as edits into that post instead of making a separate post for each update. Makes for a lot of linking around and kind of countermands the purpose of the thread for consolidation



Not when I originally posted earlier about it ....

MarkDaSpark wrote:Whew!

In that case, you can go in and change your LHV post there to update the reports I've added. And change those to confirmed that posted their labrats.


But poor PSquishy must be devastated. He was sooooo looking forward to your beating me to a bloody pulp!



Exsqueeze me for trying to help .... next time I'll stay out ...


And when I posted, your start post for the KR LHV had not been updated.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

sanity


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
aces219 wrote:A couple baby pics on Facebook.

She was born at 8:52 last night, 6 lbs, 4 oz, 19 in. We are all doing very well. She is in the nicu for observation for a few hours since that is mandatory for all pre-37 weekers, but she should be released to us in a couple hours. What a miracle she is.



Congrats to you all! I'm thankful you are all well.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Exsqueeze me for trying to help .... next time I'll stay out ...


And when I posted, your start post for the KR LHV had not been updated.



I think you were posting that as I was updating the links, because that was at 12:20 and I went to bed at like 12:30 right after doing the links. Your later comment of "SOMEONE hasn't done it yet" came at 2:30am, long after I had already gotten all but the newest 3 posts in (which came after that) and had gone to bed. So don't give me that.

And I did thank you for packing. In your out-of-timing quoting, you neglect to realize that I had thanked you before you went all crazy blaming me for not updating the link list. Since you decided to be an ass and yell at me for not updating the link list, I felt it only appropriate to point out that you did not exactly make it easy to do so. And even then when I was saying it, it wasn't really meant to be a "i'm angry about this" thing. Now it is, because you're being a pretzel twist about it.

I get to it when I get to it, and that's all there is to it. I did not ask you to pack the rats, you did it voluntarily. I did not ask anyone to pack the rats (except to jokingly say on FACEBOOK to pack yourselves). I would have gotten to it.

Usually when someone does something for someone else, they do it in such a way as to not make more work for that person. You actually made more work for me by the way you packed them up. There is a format that I've been using for nearly a year now, and it's not that hard to tell what that format is.

I still appreciate the thought and the effort, but I do ask that if in the future you decide to take it upon yourself to do the packing, please follow the standard format.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:I think you were posting that as I was updating the links, because that was at 12:20 and I went to bed at like 12:30 right after doing the links. Your later comment of "SOMEONE hasn't done it yet" came at 2:30am, long after I had already gotten all but the newest 3 posts in (which came after that) and had gone to bed. So don't give me that.

And I did thank you for packing. In your out-of-timing quoting, you neglect to realize that I had thanked you before you went all crazy blaming me for not updating the link list. Since you decided to be an ass and yell at me for not updating the link list, I felt it only appropriate to point out that you did not exactly make it easy to do so. And even then when I was saying it, it wasn't really meant to be a "i'm angry about this" thing. Now it is, because you're being a pretzel twist about it.

I get to it when I get to it, and that's all there is to it. I did not ask you to pack the rats, you did it voluntarily. I did not ask anyone to pack the rats (except to jokingly say on FACEBOOK to pack yourselves). I would have gotten to it.

Usually when someone does something for someone else, they do it in such a way as to not make more work for that person. You actually made more work for me by the way you packed them up. There is a format that I've been using for nearly a year now, and it's not that hard to tell what that format is.

I still appreciate the thought and the effort, but I do ask that if in the future you decide to take it upon yourself to do the packing, please follow the standard format.



Didn't mean to appear that I was "Yelling at you". Especially since I had the immediately after the comment. And it came at 12:02 AM PT, which would be 3:02 AM your time. So I figured you would be asleep, but was just trying to be "funny". Obviously it wasn't. Mea Culpa.

But before I posted those, I did look at the links, and they had not been updated at that time (11:58 PM PT). I know because I scrolled up after I added my report, and they still were the old, with only AndyDuncan and kylemittskus links being there. So maybe there was a Woot Server issue. Because otherwise I would not have posted those comments. So if anyone is a pretzel twist, you are in the lead.


Sorry about the multiple posts in labrat. Haven't been checking, so forgot you like it that way. Thought I was helping, but sorry again.


And what is this "Thank you" you speak of? Because I went back to look, and saw nothing even resembling a "Thank You" in the LHV, Labrat, or CyberPub threads.


And you have no worries about me helping you in the Labrat thread ever again. Don't be so sensitive.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

alien88


quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88

I think it's group hug time.

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Didn't mean to appear that I was "Yelling at you". Especially since I had the immediately after the comment. And it came at 12:02 AM PT, which would be 3:02 AM your time. So I figured you would be asleep, but was just trying to be "funny". Obviously it wasn't. Mea Culpa.

But before I posted those, I did look at the links, and they had not been updated at that time (11:58 PM PT). I know because I scrolled up after I added my report, and they still were the old, with only AndyDuncan and kylemittskus links being there. So maybe there was a Woot Server issue. Because otherwise I would not have posted those comments. So if anyone is a pretzel twist, you are in the lead.

Sorry about the multiple posts in labrat. Haven't been checking, so forgot you like it that way. Thought I was helping, but sorry again.


And what is this "Thank you" you speak of? Because I went back to look, and saw nothing even resembling a "Thank You" in the LHV, Labrat, or CyberPub threads.


And you have no worries about me helping you in the Labrat thread ever again. Don't be so sensitive.



Well I had thanked you in the main thread but it's gone. One of about a dozen of my posts this week to go missing. Strange.

The next time you help someone, don't go bragging about it or making it sound like it was an inconvenience to you. And don't make comments that imply the person you're helping is slacking. You stop beoing helpful at that point and are only hurtful. And it's amazing how you can take all the apology out of an apology by being a jerk at the end of the post. If you're not really sorry, don't say you are.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Lighter


quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter

Take it off list guys. Better yet, count to ten and take it off list.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Lighter wrote:Take it off list guys. Better yet, count to ten and take it off list.



No, no, no. You're supposed to get popcorn and watch ....


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
Lighter wrote:Take it off list guys. Better yet, count to ten and take it off list.



I get a kick out of it, like they're employed by woot and get a tangible benefit out of doing something TOTALLY VOLUNTARY. To the best of my knowledge no one is getting paid in money or wine or anything for packing rats so who cares if Cat takes a week to put the in there. It's her thread.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Cheron - finally placed an order with Rue La La. I think that means you should get a credit. They gave me a $20 credit, so I used it on a carving knife. Have went to shipping, but got a $95 knife for just under $40. Not bad.

Thanks.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Filling out the adequate gift bottles for my colleagues. Man do I suck at madlibs.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

jwhite6114


quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
Lighter wrote:Good work, youse guys.

Have you chosen her screen name yet? She's been part of wine dot woot from the early days and it seems appropriate that she join right in.



19.1?

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114


quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
alien88 wrote:I think it's group hug time.



Some people like to have their arguments in public.

CT | | | | | |

Cesare


quality posts: 1651 Private Messages Cesare

delete

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber