polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
aces219 wrote:still in dire need of entertainment. This kid is in no rush.

Sorry. But you better get used to it. Your world will continue on whatever time the kid sets.

I could post actuary jokes, but:
- you've probably heard them.
- only mildly entertaining.
- and everyone else would leave the Pub.

So, how can we entertain you?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
aces219 wrote:still in dire need of entertainment. This kid is in no rush.

You could always read the Clean joke thread.

Edit: And quite a few of them have previews of what you and 19 have to look forward to.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
polarbear22 wrote:Sorry. But you better get used to it. Your world will continue on whatever time the kid sets.

QFT

I couldn't imagine a statement more oxymoronic than "actuary jokes."

Sorry polar and aces, no offense.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

aces219

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aces219

Now I am in epidural happy land in active labor, so I am feeling much more patient! I suspect I have probably heard all the actuary jokes. I know, you should tell me heartwarming stories about when your own children were born.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
polarbear22 wrote:Sorry. But you better get used to it. Your world will continue on whatever time the kid sets.

Huh, I wasn't even aware actuaries KNEW jokes ;)

I kid, I kid, and soon, so will Aces

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:QFT

I couldn't imagine a statement more oxymoronic than "actuary jokes."

Sorry polar and aces, no offense.

Doh! you beat me to it. What are the odds? Quick, Aces, PB, figure em out

I'm here all day folks, actually I'm not, I'm leaving in an hour and I gotta get a nap in there as well.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cheron98 wrote:I hate me right now.

I could've been playing with my new toy AND sipping some KR Late Harvest Viognier.

But no. No. I had to be RESPONSIBLE. I had to say "I bought too much and I don't need all three, I'll see about going in with someone else." I had to remember I was going out of town and this would likely arrive after I left.

And I had to NOT BUY.

I hate me.

FWIW, just remember whenever you feel this way that there are people in Buffalo who love you and would gladly add a few bottles for you to the order that's likely going in soon, because service.woot hasn't responded to my request to up the order. We could deliver it in May if we don't see you before that.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:Doh! you beat me to it. What are the odds? Quick, Aces, PB, figure em out

I'm here all day folks, actually I'm not, I'm leaving in an hour and I gotta get a nap in there as well.

bowtie on a roll ...... classic!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
aces219 wrote:Now I am in epidural happy land in active labor, so I am feeling much more patient! I suspect I have probably heard all the actuary jokes. I know, you should tell me heartwarming stories about when your own children were born.

This one definitely calls for being added to the wine.woot addict thread.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
aces219 wrote:Now I am in epidural happy land in active labor,

Please tell us you don't have a web-cam in there with you!

Too much technology. . .

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

Eagerly awaiting word on little baby Aces-19!

Back from the swamps now. It was dirty. It was boring. It pretty much sucked. And no good stories this time. Probably because there were no airports involved. *sigh* Sorry, Aces.

I may have to resort to "tales from the insurance company inspector" files. I've got some good ones about the casket factory that was a fire trap, the all nude go-go bar where we provided workers' comp to everyone *except* the girls, and the "fruit-forward & fabulous" bar across the street from the crack house.

cjsiege

Supper tonight is Sesame Chicken over veggie lo-mein and shrimp tempura sushi. I popped a Triacippy to go along. Perfect Pairing!!! Just enough sweetness to cut the soy sauce. Just enough acid to cut the oils. Mmmmmm.

During the "great scalloped potato incident", sanity mentioned starting a thread about real life really funny things. I think I'll go trolling through to make sure there isn't something similar in existance, then probably start up a thread. Maybe pop a few things in to keep aces happy during her evening.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
cjsiege wrote:Supper tonight is Sesame Chicken over veggie lo-mein and shrimp tempura sushi. I popped a Triacippy to go along. Perfect Pairing!!! Just enough sweetness to cut the soy sauce. Just enough acid to cut the oils. Mmmmmm.

During the "great scalloped potato incident", sanity mentioned starting a thread about real life really funny things. I think I'll go trolling through to make sure there isn't something similar in existence, then probably start up a thread. Maybe pop a few things in to keep aces happy during her evening.

Sounds like a perfect pairing. I wish I had some left. I think I give too much wine away as gifts .

No, I did not start a thread. I do have some great food disaster stories, and other general "this did not happen in real life" stories. Like the one about the fruit forward and fabulous cowboy bar here, and the one about my visit to the DMV where this woman kept asking where the written test was, whilst standing in front of a sign, reading written test, that was larger than life (that's not all the story).

Or the delivery room one...or...

OK, have at it cj, and i'll add some to it.

aces219

Lighter wrote:Please tell us you don't have a web-cam in there with you!

Too much technology. . .

We do, because it is in the laptop. Not using it though. I've actually only been on my iPhone, though 19 has been on the laptop.

cjsiege

cjsiege

Can anyone find JW's story about the iron that he filled with Sprite? I can't find it and the "search" is crapping out.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
cjsiege wrote:Can anyone find JW's story about the iron that he filled with Sprite? I can't find it and the "search" is crapping out.

Now what do you need that story for? Surely Aces has had the baby by now (congrats!) so she no longer needs entertained.

CT | | | | | |

MarkDaSpark

jwhite6114 wrote:Now what do you need that story for? Surely Aces has had the baby by now (congrats!) so she no longer needs entertained.

She still needs entertainment. She reported (in the You Might Be A Wine.Wootaholic if ..." thread that she still has a while to go ......

I mean what does she expect? It's all nice and warm and cozy there, with none of these crazy wine people around ....

cjsiege

Bought some of these before I headed for home. I'm making a few gifts for my team. Stuffing them with beef jerky, pistachios, and M&Ms.

aces219

jwhite6114 wrote:Now what do you need that story for? Surely Aces has had the baby by now (congrats!) so she no longer needs entertained.

nope. Did enjoy cj's story, though I'm sorry she had to go through that stress. Scalloped potatoes (actually, any food at all) sound really good now.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
aces219 wrote:nope. Did enjoy cj's story, though I'm sorry she had to go through that stress. Scalloped potatoes (actually, any food at all) sound really good now.

then here you go

CT | | | | | |

cjsiege

jwhite6114 wrote:then here you go

Thanks! "Packed it" -- so to speak.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:FWIW, just remember whenever you feel this way that there are people in Buffalo who love you and would gladly add a few bottles for you to the order that's likely going in soon, because service.woot hasn't responded to my request to up the order. We could deliver it in May if we don't see you before that.

It's ok. I already have a bottle coming Thank you!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

My niece and sister are drinking a Meritage I gave my niece on Thursday. (Was there a Lorimer offering from eons ago?)

So my sister tells me she is getting Orange Chicken from their Chinese place while watching the West Wing (I am thoroughly jealous on missing such a girls night).

I "made" them put the Muller Thurgau she has in the fridge for the arrival of the Chinese food.

Oh... wine for me on Monday night. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

cheron98

Much delayed, but the new apairitif post is up. Recipe courtesy of CJ!

Cesare

quality posts: 1562 Private Messages Cesare
lauratchi wrote:My niece and sister are drinking a Meritage I gave my niece on Thursday. (Was there a Lorimer offering from eons ago?)

yes

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

lauratchi

cheron98 wrote:Much delayed, but the new apairitif post is up. Recipe courtesy of CJ!

Thanks Cat. That sounds like a perfect Holiday treat. Now whether to do it for the family or for Joel and I is another question entirely... Hmm..

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

cheron98

lauratchi wrote:Thanks Cat. That sounds like a perfect Holiday treat. Now whether to do it for the family or for Joel and I is another question entirely... Hmm..

It really is a great treat. oppsie came over to taste with me, and apparently she almost never has sparklies. So it was a fun treat for her, and a fun treat for me.

The most annoying part was spreading the cheese, but I found the easier way to do it was with a butter knife. Put the blob of cheese in the center, and with light pressure, spread it towards the edges. It seems to spread better that way.

cjsiege

cheron98 wrote:Much delayed, but the new apairitif post is up. Recipe courtesy of CJ!

They look perfect! And it looks like they reheated pretty well, too.

Nice pick for the wine! I was wondering what you would pick from my cellar.

cjsiege

cheron98 wrote:It really is a great treat. oppsie came over to taste with me, and apparently she almost never has sparklies. So it was a fun treat for her, and a fun treat for me.

The most annoying part was spreading the cheese, but I found the easier way to do it was with a butter knife. Put the blob of cheese in the center, and with light pressure, spread it towards the edges. It seems to spread better that way.

I usually make sure it's a wee bit warmer than room temp and blended really well. That way, it's the consistency of frosting. That really helps you to be able to spread it over the micro-thin mayo layer.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

Looks absolutely yummy; cant wait to make them!

lauratchi

Oh my. I was scrolling by this and read Surely Aces as .. Surly Aces..

Me thinking.. but she's happy with her epidural.

And I slept good today!

cheron98

cjsiege wrote:I usually make sure it's a wee bit warmer than room temp and blended really well. That way, it's the consistency of frosting. That really helps you to be able to spread it over the micro-thin mayo layer.

it was. it all worked out eventually

lauratchi

And CJ, how far ahead can one make the pinwheels and leave them in the fridge? Can they be over refrigerated?

cheron98

ddeuddeg wrote:blah blah blah

You don't have CT? That's going to make picking wine for the cheesecake difficult. Especially since the one I wanted is shot and WineStyles doesn't have it anymore.

cjsiege

lauratchi wrote:And CJ, how far ahead can one make the pinwheels and leave them in the fridge? Can they be over refrigerated?

I've had leftovers up to 3 days later. Still tasty, but I can start to tell the difference. They never seem to last longer than that.

If you are going to reheat in bulk, don't stack them higher than 2 high. Otherwise, the middle ones are still cold and the outer ones are starting to burn. Make sure the top is covered, but open up the ends. You want any steam to escape so they don't get soggy.

Oh, and they are tasty with Triacippy.

otolith

So, kinda a cool/neat story. A few years ago, I took out this young, college student's tonsils (not that rare of an occurence). Fast forward to last week...I get an email from said former patient, who is now in medical school, asking if she could shadow me someday.

I guess I think it's cool.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

lauratchi

otolith wrote:So, kinda a cool/neat story. A few years ago, I took out this young, college student's tonsils (not that rare of an occurence). Fast forward to last week...I get an email from said former patient, who is now in medical school, asking if she could shadow me someday.

I guess I think it's cool.

In a related story....

One of our nurses who has worked here for awhile, maybe around my age took care of a baby many years ago. Our manager just got a call last week that said baby is now in nursing school and wants to shadow the nurse who took care of her.

And you are right, doc, it is cool.

otolith

lauratchi wrote:In a related story....

One of our nurses who has worked here for awhile, maybe around my age took care of a baby many years ago. Our manager just got a call last week that said baby is now in nursing school and wants to shadow the nurse who took care of her.

And you are right, doc, it is cool.

That is cool. Man, that would also make me feel old. lol

--John Muir

cjsiege

Crappy double post. Nothing to see here. Move along folks.