cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Sounds like the Noceto mishap.

And this is neat - I'm sure the iPhone does this too, but hey, it's a new toy for me. Sync to my google contacts and sync to facebook and it matches up who is who, then displays the facebook profile picture next to the contact name

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
cheron98 wrote:Sounds like the Noceto mishap.

And this is neat - I'm sure the iPhone does this too, but hey, it's a new toy for me. Sync to my google contacts and sync to facebook and it matches up who is who, then displays the facebook profile picture next to the contact name

iPhone does not do that with native software, but there is (at least one, probably more) an app for that.

Edit: Oh yeah ... since Cat ain't at work no more this week:

CT | | | | | |

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
alien88 wrote:Synching my contacts via gmail. Syncing my exchange calendar at work and my personal gmail calendars. Being able to log onto AIM. Push GMail and Exchange email. Fun apps. Listening to Slacker Radio while working out at the Gym. Facebook App. Shazam to identify songs I hear when I'm out or quickly tag stuff on the radio to grab later on. Locale to customize my alerts so my phone goes on silent when I walk onto campus at school. 'Where' to search for the cheapest local gas when I'm out and about or find interesting food places to eat. Turn by turn navigation with Google Navigation... and all of this without having my battery die in 6 hours like w/ the old HTC WinMo phones!

yeah, needless to say I don't see myself not utilizing the potential of this :-)

my iPhone is crappy now. I clearly need to switch.

cheron98

edthebedhead wrote:my iPhone is crappy now. I clearly need to switch.

Everything iDon't, Droid does

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:Everything iDon't, Droid does

So do you get free koolaid for the entire term of your contract, or do they cut that off after the first month?

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

jwhite6114 wrote:So do you get free koolaid for the entire term of your contract, or do they cut that off after the first month?

Teehee. It's just a new toy. I'm sure I'll be all bored with it in a week or two. Except then I'll be heading to NYC and will get to show it off there and re-raise the excitement. And then I'll get to show it off to the family... Muahaha.

cheron98

And CJ - sad to say - since I just now got finished making the stuff and I have to be up early tomorrow, I'm going to have to delay YET AGAIN and will simply have to do the reheating method of these things.

Bah. Which really puts me behind because I was going to attempt sanity's thing tomorrow and ddeuddeg's on Sunday.

Leaving me with InShadows' thing sometime next week. Though I can still probably pull off sanity's tomorrow...

cheron98

nothing to see here, move along.

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:And CJ - sad to say - since I just now got finished making the stuff and I have to be up early tomorrow, I'm going to have to delay YET AGAIN and will simply have to do the reheating method of these things.

Bah. Which really puts me behind because I was going to attempt sanity's thing tomorrow and ddeuddeg's on Sunday.

Leaving me with InShadows' thing sometime next week. Though I can still probably pull off sanity's tomorrow...

cheron98 wrote:And CJ - sad to say - since I just now got finished making the stuff and I have to be up early tomorrow, I'm going to have to delay YET AGAIN and will simply have to do the reheating method of these things.

Ohh -- the Droid is replicating! Run!

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:Teehee. It's just a new toy. I'm sure I'll be all bored with it in a week or two. Except then I'll be heading to NYC and will get to show it off there and re-raise the excitement. And then I'll get to show it off to the family... Muahaha.

Have fun with it.

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

jwhite6114 wrote:Ohh -- the Droid is replicating! Run!

Actually, that's from the laptop. I just hit post twice. Oops.

Although I did just realize a ... downside? ... to having the droid.

Access to purchasing from wine.woot from ANYWHERE, ANYTIME.

Yikes.

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88
cheron98 wrote:Actually, that's from the laptop. I just hit post twice. Oops.

Yikes.

And soon there will be a decent app in the Android market so you can follow the next wine.wootoff!

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:Actually, that's from the laptop. I just hit post twice. Oops.

Yikes.

Wootoffs will never be the same.

CT | | | | | |

cheron98

alien88 wrote:And soon there will be a decent app in the Android market so you can follow the next wine.wootoff!

eep.

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess

Today I was reminded of what it's like to drink a crappy wine.

For too long, I had been enjoying grabbing a bottle from my cellar and enjoying every drop. But today, that streak ended.

A friend had given me an Australian Shiraz and...It sucked...One of the worst wines I've had in a while. I'd almost believe that it was corked, except it was a screw top.

So, I want to say THANK YOU to WineDavid and the wine makers that we see on here for doing such an amazing job of protecting us from crappy wine.

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

NonnaWY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonnaWY
alien88 wrote:And soon there will be a decent app in the Android market so you can follow the next wine.wootoff!

There already is. Wootsi. Free android app, has all the woots on it

I will drink no wine before it's time. What time is it, anyway?

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88
NonnaWY wrote:There already is. Wootsi. Free android app, has all the woots on it

IMO, It's not that great. Crashes a lot on the droid and it has to check the woot servers for updates, instead of updates being pushed directly to it. Not as big of a deal for wine.woot, but a huge deal for stuff on woot.com.

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

cheron98

NonnaWY wrote:There already is. Wootsi. Free android app, has all the woots on it

I must have it.

Michael Pardo... no... can't be... I think I might know him...

cjsiege

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cjsiege

*snif* I got me no love! At least tell me that you've got a wine picked out for them.

Call me if you need reheat tips. Be careful. There is a fine line between reheated and burned.

NonnaWY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonnaWY
cheron98 wrote:I must have it.

Michael Pardo... no... can't be... I think I might know him...

Other must have apps (all free, I'm cheap)

MotoTorch LED (uses the camera LED as a flashliight or strobe)

Locale (let's you set conditions for phone notifications, great to use at night to set for sleeping)

Dolphin Browser (replacement for installed browser, let's you use multi-touch movement like the iPhone to change the screen size.

Ringdroid (let's you take snippets from any music on your Droid and turn it into a ringtone, free)

Google Sky Map (really cool, shows you the stars in your GPS location)

Advanced Task Killer (keeps track of what apps are running, easy list to use to end them)

and the best of all:

Chuck Norris Jokes (9000 of your favorite quotes and sayings)

I will drink no wine before it's time. What time is it, anyway?

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

cheron98

cjsiege wrote:*snif* I got me no love! At least tell me that you've got a wine picked out for them.

Call me if you need reheat tips. Be careful. There is a fine line between reheated and burned.

I've had the wine picked out for days. You gave me reheat tips in the email, so I should be OK. I'll be careful

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Looks like our company will soon be ending the whole "we'll buy you a business (crappy) smartphone" program. In theory, we're supposed to have a personal phone as well. Oops.

I've been eyeing the iPhone, and now the droid, for quite some time. Guess I'll wait until my contract is up, and will fortunately be able to go shopping for my own not so crappy phone. Oh yeah, we'll be reimbursed for it as well (not full, but partial). Just hope I can still get my schedule and emails, otherwise it'll be pointless.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cheron98

NonnaWY wrote:Other must have apps (all free, I'm cheap)

MotoTorch LED (uses the camera LED as a flashliight or strobe)

Locale (let's you set conditions for phone notifications, great to use at night to set for sleeping)

Dolphin Browser (replacement for installed browser, let's you use multi-touch movement like the iPhone to change the screen size.

Ringdroid (let's you take snippets from any music on your Droid and turn it into a ringtone, free)

Google Sky Map (really cool, shows you the stars in your GPS location)

Advanced Task Killer (keeps track of what apps are running, easy list to use to end them)

and the best of all:

Chuck Norris Jokes (9000 of your favorite quotes and sayings)

yes. i discovered tonight how bright that light is. ouch.

Picked up most of these apps

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
lauratchi wrote:I am being a proud aunt today. My niece and her friend were over last night. Katie has been on of the whites only drinkers I have been trying to steer a bit towards red.

Last time the "kids" were over they left with a mess of various wines from the cellar including one of the Inzinerators (the female super hero bottle). She totally loved that, which I kind of thought she would as it was a little on the sweet side.

Last night, she came over with her same friend. She started off with that Muller Thurgau, which I knew she would love. The end of the night she was drinking Wellington's "Duke" and then wanted to open another red. So She opened one of the Chateau Soverain's Russian Valley Pinot Noirs which she also really liked.

And she put up our tree and did the lights, which was the best way to put up a tree ever. Have someone else do it.

Nice! It really is fun to be able to share our wines with our nieces and help develop their palates.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Umm, since you're so busy with that stuff, I can do all the labrat posts .... no need to look in that thread at all .... just helping you to avoid the temptation to buy it .... yeah, that's it .... out of the goodness of my heart.

Just avoid looking there at all ... or in the labrat post thread this weekend. Nothing to see. No sirree. Absolutely nothing to see there. Just move along.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi
bahwm wrote:Nice! It really is fun to be able to share our wines with our nieces and help develop their palates.

I was so proud. "sniff"

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

Cross posted from the Esoterica thread:

aces219 wrote:We are having a baby tonight/tomorrow morning. Which means no tasting notes right now. However, I had 19 bring the bottle to the hospital, so maybe we will pop it to celebrate!

Woot - hoo!

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
cheron98 wrote:I hate me right now.

I could've been playing with my new toy AND sipping some KR Late Harvest Viognier.

But no. No. I had to be RESPONSIBLE. I had to say "I bought too much and I don't need all three, I'll see about going in with someone else." I had to remember I was going out of town and this would likely arrive after I left.

And I had to NOT BUY.

I hate me.

That's ok, I hate David.

mother

cjsiege wrote:Happy First Night of Hanukkah for all those who observe!

Happy Channukah all!

(Isn't transliteration fun? Well it's more fun then NEVER BEING RATTED EVER! Nope, not bitter...)

nallie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nallie
mother wrote:Happy Channukah all!

(Isn't transliteration fun? Well it's more fun then NEVER BEING RATTED EVER! Nope, not bitter...)

Mother, my darling, I'm so supremely sorry. You have a concrete case for feeling somewhat slighted. I think WineDavid was just all twitter pated by the supreme success of his very first wine.wootoff week. Don't take it personally, puddin'.

Unrelatedly, I think you might mean alliteration, but maybe I am mightily mistaken.

Oh and yes, ditto on the Happy Channukahing.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - h.keller
"If you can do something about it, there is no need to worry. If you cannot do anything about it, there is no use in worrying." - j.white (and also Shantideva)

MarkDaSpark

MarkDaSpark wrote:Umm, since you're so busy with that stuff, I can do all the labrat posts .... no need to look in that thread at all .... just helping you to avoid the temptation to buy it .... yeah, that's it .... out of the goodness of my heart.

Just avoid looking there at all ... or in the labrat post thread this weekend. Nothing to see. No sirree. Absolutely nothing to see there. Just move along.

Current Labrats packed ....

AndyDuncan
ArcheDiver
PolarBear22
tsrblke
yellowroe
brandeano
ddeuddeg
Loweeel/PetiteSirah

Seems like I'm missing someone .... nope, no one important is missing .....

Oh fine, PSquishy, you're (kylemittskus) packed too .....

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Got the DeLong's Cal Wine Map, Wine Charms, and Vinturi's today. No shipping notice, but fast shipping.

MarkDaSpark

Happy First Official Day! (forgot it began at sundown)

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Umm, since you're so busy with that stuff, I can do all the labrat posts .... no need to look in that thread at all .... just helping you to avoid the temptation to buy it .... yeah, that's it .... out of the goodness of my heart.

It's ok I knew you were ratted. We pretty much all were if we purchased in time. I would've been, I know. Thanks for packing. So many rats...

cheron98

mother wrote:Happy Channukah all!

Did you not buy in time?

mother

cheron98 wrote:It's ok I knew you were ratted. We pretty much all were if we purchased in time. I would've been, I know. Thanks for packing. So many rats...

Jerk :P

And yes I purchased at like 7am...

BTW "Transliteration" is when you use one alphabet to represent sounds from another... Alliteration is when you are wonderfully wacky and witty...

bahwm

mother wrote: Alliteration is when you are wonderfully wacky and witty...

When we had trouble lighting the candle on the Advent wreath at our choir party, I said (in a British accent), "I believe that we must have a well waxed wick." There was a pregnant pause . . . before everyone cracked up laughing! And seriously, couldn't stop!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

There is a skull candle up on Ruelala!. They also have skull plates by the same company. Enjoy!

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:It's ok I knew you were ratted. We pretty much all were if we purchased in time. I would've been, I know. Thanks for packing. So many rats...

Whew!

In that case, you can go in and change your LHV post there to update the reports I've added. And change those to confirmed that posted their labrats.

But poor PSquishy must be devastated. He was sooooo looking forward to your beating me to a bloody pulp!

aces219

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aces219
UBlink wrote:Cross posted from the Esoterica thread:

Woot - hoo!

still in dire need of entertainment. This kid is in no rush.