ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
mother wrote:So you're saying that having big images on your screen is a required part of your work... So see I'm still confused over your bunched status

apparently that was my fault. mixing up my lab and rat. Probably why I never get in on the fun. :-P

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ckeilah wrote:LOL! I kept wondering why everyone in Connecticut was so into wine. CellarTracker! duh! *whacks head* :-)

No you were right, lots of winos in Connecticut ....

Don't feel bad, it happens to all of us at times. In fact, there's a gathering in July in CT (the state) for a clambake and wine.

Edit: Don't forget about Central Time as well ......

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Oh, and looks like the KR may up for a while. No changeover to new wine tonight.

Edit: The Day of Next Offer changed over to Monday after 12 Mid CT .....

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and looks like the KR may up for a while. No changeover to new wine tonight.

Yeah .... kinda figured this was going to be the case when WD announced LabRats for the Esoterica. Wouldn't be much sense in sending out LabRat bottles for as single-day offer.

CT | | | | | |

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Special Highway 12 offer posted in Discounts and Deals thread. (Just in case you don't look there.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ckeilah wrote:apparently that was my fault. mixing up my lab and rat. Probably why I never get in on the fun. :-P

My annoyance at that was a result of my attitude for the day (which was crappy at best, I know). jwhite6114 (to whom we refer as j-dub or jw) is typically the cause of my sour moods

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:No you were right, lots of winos in Connecticut ....

Don't feel bad, it happens to all of us at times. In fact, there's a gathering in July in CT (the state) for a clambake and wine.

Edit: Don't forget about Central Time as well ......

scaffolding I forgot about that. July. july... must mark the calendar NOW.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and looks like the KR may up for a while. No changeover to new wine tonight.

My bet is that "next offer" thing is day driven rather than offer driven, given the way it continued to do a MWF thing during giftweek. if dayofweek < 2 or dayofweek > 5 then Monday, if dayofweek < 4 then Wednesday, else Friday.

1 being Sunday, 7 being Saturday.

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:My annoyance at that was a result of my attitude for the day (which was crappy at best, I know). jwhite6114 (to whom we refer as j-dub or jw) is typically the cause of my sour moods

It's good to know I have influence.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

cheron98 wrote:My bet is that "next offer" thing is day driven rather than offer driven, given the way it continued to do a MWF thing during giftweek. if dayofweek < 2 or dayofweek > 5 then Monday, if dayofweek < 4 then Wednesday, else Friday.

1 being Sunday, 7 being Saturday.

Leave it to a coder to complicate something that needed no explanation at all. Sometimes things just are what they are.

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

CT | | | | | |

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:No you were right, lots of winos in Connecticut ....

We are "wineaux's", and have the pinky up when you say it.

And we need more of the CT wooters to make the next wine tasing. Likely to be in February. Face it, what else will you be doing?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

Anyone going to buy the '99-'04 SilverOak vertical on Ruelala?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

jwhite6114 wrote:Yeah .... kinda figured this was going to be the case when WD announced LabRats for the Esoterica. Wouldn't be much sense in sending out LabRat bottles for as single-day offer.

Figured that too, but it still showed Friday. So then I thought that the Esoterica would either stay up or it might be the "Monday" offer (since that gave server errors) and a new product would pop up.

It will be interesting to see how much there is. I had only found the one bottle at Wine Exchange in Orange, and haven't seen it back since.

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:We are "wineaux's", and have the pinky up when you say it.

And we need more of the CT wooters to make the next wine tasing. Likely to be in February. Face it, what else will you be doing?

Don'tcha mean Whineaux's

And is that the way to welcome more wooters? Don't Tase me Bro!

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare

Interesting wine sale for the ct people maybe.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

polarbear22

Cesare wrote:Interesting wine sale for the ct people maybe.

Wish I had the space. Next town from me, so no more than 10 miles away at most.

My Cellar

cheron98

DROID!

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88
cheron98 wrote:DROID!

This is not the droid you're looking for.

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

cheron98

alien88 wrote:This is not the droid you're looking for.

oh but it is!

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
cheron98 wrote:DROID!

As in the phone?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Testing is over! Whew! Now I can collapse for a few hours and drive home tomorrow.

*please no snow please no snow please no snow*

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:As in the phone?

As in the phone! You want me to come to Chicago to show you?

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:As in the phone! You want me to come to Chicago to show you?

Ummm...it's just a phone. I do like their tag line though..."It's not your next phone, it's the one after that."

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

alien88

tommythecat78 wrote:Ummm...it's just a phone. I do like their tag line though..."It's not your next phone, it's the one after that."

I have the Droid also and I love it. Best smart phone I've owned and I've gone through quite a few HTC ones the past couple of years. The latest OTA update fixed some of the annoying bugs and made it even better.. so I'm quite happy with it so far!

tommythecat78

alien88 wrote:I have the Droid also and I love it. Best smart phone I've owned and I've gone through quite a few HTC ones the past couple of years. The latest OTA update fixed some of the annoying bugs and made it even better.. so I'm quite happy with it so far!

I dig smart phones, from a distance. I would love it for about 2 weeks and would never use it to its potential after that.

alien88

tommythecat78 wrote:I dig smart phones, from a distance. I would love it for about 2 weeks and would never use it to its potential after that.

Synching my contacts via gmail. Syncing my exchange calendar at work and my personal gmail calendars. Being able to log onto AIM. Push GMail and Exchange email. Fun apps. Listening to Slacker Radio while working out at the Gym. Facebook App. Shazam to identify songs I hear when I'm out or quickly tag stuff on the radio to grab later on. Locale to customize my alerts so my phone goes on silent when I walk onto campus at school. 'Where' to search for the cheapest local gas when I'm out and about or find interesting food places to eat. Turn by turn navigation with Google Navigation... and all of this without having my battery die in 6 hours like w/ the old HTC WinMo phones!

yeah, needless to say I don't see myself not utilizing the potential of this :-)

tommythecat78

alien88 wrote:Synching my contacts via gmail. Syncing my exchange calendar at work and my personal gmail calendars. Being able to log onto AIM. Push GMail and Exchange email. Fun apps. Listening to Slacker Radio while working out at the Gym. Facebook App. Shazam to identify songs I hear when I'm out or quickly tag stuff on the radio to grab later on. Locale to customize my alerts so my phone goes on silent when I walk onto campus at school. 'Where' to search for the cheapest local gas when I'm out and about or find interesting food places to eat. Turn by turn navigation with Google Navigation... and all of this without having my battery die in 6 hours like w/ the old HTC WinMo phones!

yeah, needless to say I don't see myself not utilizing the potential of this :-)

Yep...all features I would never use. I talk and text and that's pretty much it.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
tommythecat78 wrote:Yep...all features I would never use. I talk and text and that's pretty much it.

That's only because they haven't figured out how to mod it for lasers

So I'm partly happy and partly about to cry. Just got e-mail for Cellar360 Friends and Family sale this weekend, in-store 50% off wines, 30% off accessories. What do I want, what can I afford ...

CT

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

some crazy Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966), "Ukrainian student dies from exploding chewing gum"

CT

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Happy First Night of Hanukkah for all those who observe!

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:Yep...all features I would never use. I talk and text and that's pretty much it.

That's all I did with my old phone. Mostly because that's all my old phone would do with any decency.

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

I am being a proud aunt today. My niece and her friend were over last night. Katie has been on of the whites only drinkers I have been trying to steer a bit towards red.

Last time the "kids" were over they left with a mess of various wines from the cellar including one of the Inzinerators (the female super hero bottle). She totally loved that, which I kind of thought she would as it was a little on the sweet side.

Last night, she came over with her same friend. She started off with that Muller Thurgau, which I knew she would love. The end of the night she was drinking Wellington's "Duke" and then wanted to open another red. So She opened one of the Chateau Soverain's Russian Valley Pinot Noirs which she also really liked.

And she put up our tree and did the lights, which was the best way to put up a tree ever. Have someone else do it.

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
Cesare wrote:Interesting wine sale for the ct people maybe.

Cool...I actually found someone selling a 68-bottle collection, but when I went to look it was all pretty cheap/junky. Oh well!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

polarbear22

cjsiege wrote:Happy First Night of Hanukkah for all those who observe!

Definitely.

Happy Hanukkah.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

cheron98

I hate me right now.

I could've been playing with my new toy AND sipping some KR Late Harvest Viognier.

But no. No. I had to be RESPONSIBLE. I had to say "I bought too much and I don't need all three, I'll see about going in with someone else." I had to remember I was going out of town and this would likely arrive after I left.

And I had to NOT BUY.

I hate me.

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Ouch!!!!

Dear javadrinker,

Inconceivably, our winery miscounted the bottles they had on hand of our delightful Woot Cellars Polyphemus. Whether this was a result of drunken antics or a miscalculation caused by last minute gifting among the Woot families, we may never know. What we do know is that we're short several bottles with no one to blame but ourselves.

Unfortunately, your order is among the few that we will not be able to fulfill, and for that we are truly sorry. As such, we are refunding your purchase in full, which you should see in your account within the next few days. Because we feel so awful, we're also giving you the coupon code ______ for $5 off your next Wine.Woot order.

We apologize profusely for any inconvenience this may have caused, please contact us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Woot Member Services

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

MarkDaSpark

javadrinker wrote:Ouch!!!!

Dear javadrinker,

Inconceivably, our winery miscounted the bottles they had on hand of our delightful Woot Cellars Polyphemus. Whether this was a result of drunken antics or a miscalculation caused by last minute gifting among the Woot families, we may never know. What we do know is that we're short several bottles with no one to blame but ourselves.

Unfortunately, your order is among the few that we will not be able to fulfill, and for that we are truly sorry. As such, we are refunding your purchase in full, which you should see in your account within the next few days. Because we feel so awful, we're also giving you the coupon code ______ for $5 off your next Wine.Woot order.

We apologize profusely for any inconvenience this may have caused, please contact us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Woot Member Services

Me too!!

alien88

MarkDaSpark wrote:Me too!!

Me three! I wonder how much they miscalculated, since I ordered 2 and there was still like 50% left... :\