cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Where do you look at that it showed it was post #432?

Check the URL string. It says "postCount=" and a number.

Oh I so win.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Moondragon wrote:Anybody have a good potluck recipe they would like to share? It's a small (3-4 families) gathering and we're already preparing two kinds of Swedish meatballs.

Mmmm, as a side note, I think I'm going to make some crackly bread tonight...

What is crackly bread?

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

cheron98 wrote:Check the URL string. It says "postCount=" and a number.

Oh I so win.

I was doing those posts just for you, too.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon
HitAnyKey42 wrote:What is crackly bread?

Just a nice white bread loaf with a crackly crust. (finding the recipe...)

Edit: Recipe

1-1/2 tablespoons granulated yeast (about 1-1/2 packets)
1-1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
6-1/2 cups unbleached flour, plus extra for dusting dough
Cornmeal
In a large plastic resealable container, mix yeast and salt into 3 cups lukewarm (about 100 degrees) water. Using a large spoon, stir in flour, mixing until mixture is uniformly moist with no dry patches. Do not knead. Dough will be wet and loose enough to conform to shape of plastic container. Cover, but not with an airtight lid.

Let dough rise at room temperature, until dough begins to flatten on top or collapse, at least 2 hours and up to 5 hours. (At this point, dough can be refrigerated up to 2 weeks; refrigerated dough is easier to work with than room-temperature dough, so the authors recommend that first-time bakers refrigerate dough overnight or at least 3 hours.)

When ready to bake, sprinkle cornmeal on a pizza peel. Place a broiler pan on bottom rack of oven. Place baking stone on middle rack and preheat oven to 450 degrees, preheating baking stone for at least 20 minutes.

Sprinkle a little flour on dough and on your hands. Pull dough up and, using a serrated knife, cut off a grapefruit-size piece (about 1 pound). Working for 30 to 60 seconds (and adding flour as needed to prevent dough from sticking to hands; most dusting flour will fall off, it's not intended to be incorporated into dough), turn dough in hands, gently stretching surface of dough, rotating ball a quarter-turn as you go, creating a rounded top and a bunched bottom.

Place shaped dough on prepared pizza peel and let rest, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough or refrigerate it in lidded container. (Even one day's storage improves flavor and texture of bread. Dough can also be frozen in 1-pound portions in airtight containers and defrosted overnight in refrigerator prior to baking day.) Dust dough with flour.

Using a serrated knife, slash top of dough in three parallel, 1/4-inch deep cuts (or in a tic-tac-toe pattern). Slide dough onto preheated baking stone. Pour 1 cup hot tap water into broiler pan and quickly close oven door to trap steam. Bake until crust is well-browned and firm to the touch, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven to a wire rack and cool completely.

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
Moondragon wrote:Do you have a sauce-type idea for such an animal?

I make a lasagna-type thing, using little shells or bowties instead of lasagna noodles. Standard layers of ricotta/mozz filling. Jarred pasta sauce. Just be sure to mix the noodles with one jar of sauce before layering. Then have a second batch/jar of pasta sauce on hand to coat the top when baking. You can actually add a little bit of water to the second batch when using it to keep everyting moist when it's in the crockpot sleeve for keeping it hot on the buffet table.

I would *not* recommend an alfredo or cream based sauce. They tend to separate over time, so they aren't the best for this sort of situation.

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

Oh I so win.

Ooooh! You won? What did you win? Will you share some of it with us?

Remember, we knew you before you were a winner!

Don't forget us now that you have won!

CT | | | | | |

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Oh, and a quick reminder to change the size of the Esoterica to 375ml in CT. Several wooters have forgotten ...

bkxxxxx (3 x 750ml, 12/10/2009 @ Wine.Woot (pending))

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney

anyone familiar with Ellman Family Vineyards?

Edit: After a little poking around, sounds like these would be right up my alley! Gaps Crown for the PN and Beckstoffer for the Cab. Easy on the oak, unfined/unfiltered, small lots, woo hoo! tasting for tonight is looking good!

Hey WD, their winemaker (for the PN) went to Fresno State...just saying

CT

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and a quick reminder to change the size of the Esoterica to 375ml in CT. Several wooters have forgotten ...

bah, I think I'll change it to 1.5L

CT

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
jwhite6114 wrote:You guys are quick! I thought it'd be at least a couple of days before anyone caught that.

Nah, you are most predictable! I love it. Edit: not that you're predictable, but the addition to your sig line. Love it.
and, yes OCD as Cat mentioned.

CpprCr8

bkarney wrote:bah, I think I'll change it to 1.5L

Make sure to invite me over when you crack open those puppies! I'll bring a 375ml. We'll see if the magnum bottle vs. tiny bottle impacts the flavor.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
bkarney wrote:bah, I think I'll change it to 1.5L

A true rebel.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

Cesare

quality posts: 1563 Private Messages Cesare

Hey where's erictx been. Haven't heard from him in a while.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88
sanity wrote:Nah, you are most predictable! I love it.
and, yes OCD as Cat mentioned.

OCD or OCPD? :-)

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

CpprCr8

Cesare wrote:Hey where's erictx been. Haven't heard from him in a while.

Over on FB, Jopo mentioned that he was crazy, busy at work and that he had been sick (naybe flu) recently. That was a couple of weeks ago. I bet he's still crazy, busy with work.

HitAnyKey42

CpprCr8 wrote:Over on FB, Jopo mentioned that he was crazy, busy at work and that he had been sick (naybe flu) recently. That was a couple of weeks ago. I bet he's still crazy, busy with work.

The way you have your commas, you are stating that he is both crazy and busy with work. Which I guess is true. He is crazy. Crazy just like the rest of us.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88

So did cheron98's panties in a bunch cause the woot servers to get their panties in a bunch? So many Internal Server Errors!

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
bkarney wrote:hahahaha, I just noticed the new addition to your sig line.

HAHAHAHA...That is FUNNY!

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Went to lunch at the Thai place I try to hit every week. They're always really nice and the owner will slip me chicken wings or ice cream or whatever sometimes. I had some Brandini Bites with me since I took my last tin out of the fridge now that more's on the way. Anyway gave them some bites, was really cute to watch them smile as they bit into it

CT

tenuki

Java, time to order cigars!

And here's an optional upgrade offer: for a measly 5 bucks more, we'll add on the brand new CI 2010 Calendar. 12 glorious months complete with lovely ladies, cigars, and ladies.

CT

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
tenuki wrote:Java, time to order cigars!

And here's an optional upgrade offer: for a measly 5 bucks more, we'll add on the brand new CI 2010 Calendar. 12 glorious months complete with lovely ladies, cigars, and ladies.

Don't think I'm not seriously considering those.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/spec_wkly.asp

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
tenuki wrote:Java, time to order cigars!

If you're interested in ordering, contact mr sanity, too; he's been ordering as if cigars will no longer be ava in the future (kinda like I've been ordering wine the last month). He has some great deals lined up, and has so many cigars, he may need a new humidor.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
polarbear22 wrote:Very likely.

Are you free for lunch next week?

Mon or Tues.

tenuki

javadrinker wrote:Don't think I'm not seriously considering those.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/spec_wkly.asp

Maybe you can get two calendars and we can split :P Haha, sometimes I have to remember there are some things I shouldn't google with safe search off at work.

CT

cheron98

alien88 wrote:So did cheron98's panties in a bunch cause the woot servers to get their panties in a bunch? So many Internal Server Errors!

LOL. Yeah, not me

edthebedhead

cheron98 wrote:oh geez i'm not scrolling back that far All I know is I didn't have them, and I was pretty sure the only one I'm missing now is the green one.

scaffolding. now i'm 2 monkeys behind.

anyone care to sell me a new orange one?

edthebedhead

jwhite6114 wrote:And now she has to give you that backrub, because them's doctor's orders.

i liked it better when you're 6th square was deals.woot.

edthebedhead

cheron98 wrote:I have a very small request.

Can we please stop with the Planters Lady picture at the top of each page? For a few reasons:

1) It is no longer funny.
2) It almost got me in trouble at work.
3) Part of why I have any ability to post in the threads HERE at work is because I can be reasonably sure that gigantic images aren't going to be filling the screen, and when they do, they don't last too long before we move on. Usually.

Please?

Image block?

cheron98

edthebedhead wrote:Image block?

Uh. I do web development for a living. Blocking images is not really an option.

cheron98

CJ - gonna have to be tomorrow.

edthebedhead

jwhite6114 wrote:

watched the other night. Awesome flick.

tenuki

cheron98 wrote:Uh. I do web development for a living. Blocking images is not really an option.

adblock plus in firefox can block individual ones, of course jw changed the link so i'd have to block that one too :P

CT

edthebedhead

cheron98 wrote:Uh. I do web development for a living. Blocking images is not really an option.

Haha, understand. I was thinking of something like adblock (edit: see previous post.), where you can block specific images. (aka long cat on woot.) However, that won't help you if the first time you see the image is at work... Managers - pesky.

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114

eight

CT | | | | | |

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
edthebedhead wrote:Mon or Tues.

Monday will work. I will send you an e-mail.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

So you're saying that having big images on your screen is a required part of your work... So see I'm still confused over your bunched status

CpprCr8

cheron98 wrote:CJ - gonna have to be tomorrow.

That's ok. I'd rather you have time to enjoy the experience. Heaven knows I've got nothing else going on...

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Oh I so win.

Not on mine. It shows:
http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PageIndex=12&PostID=3640018#post3640018
for your post referenced above.

EDIT: Ah ha! The Permalink DOES show the Post Count ID:
http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3640018&PageIndex=12&ReplyCount=480#post3663776

The quoted string above also reads:
postid="3663374" user="cheron98"]

Does that mean that your post was the 3.6millionth on wine.woot? Wow!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

ckeilah

MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh, and a quick reminder to change the size of the Esoterica to 375ml in CT. Several wooters have forgotten ...

LOL! I kept wondering why everyone in Connecticut was so into wine. CellarTracker! duh! *whacks head* :-)

ckeilah

Run a separate browser for non-work stuff and turn off image display on that app. ;-)